• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

...
I think you're over thinking just a tad too much...

Actually, he's right. Randy (lead dev) mentioned he left the ending open-ended so that they had other areas to explore in future DLC. Put it this way, with the vault being what it was, there's other areas the devs can focus on. If the vault was a treasure chest, the story would basically be over.

I've found that the game is pretty easy if you are lucky enough to find one of the thousands of orange level 34+ guns with x4 elemental dmg. My volcano sniper rifle fires exploding AOE rounds with 100% chance to set on fire. 1 shots pretty much everything but the big ones, and that's like 2-3 shots on playthrough 2.

I have that rifle but it's level 40. I also have a level 40 something Orion, which is an orange sniper with x4 shock damage, 15 rounds, and 1.4 rate of fire. I also have a purple level 40, 918 damage regular damage sniper, but it's slow as hell with .3 fire rate. I keep it for novelty, for those 16k crits. Lol.

I found an orange sniper rifle that does 186 x 6 damage. It shoots like a shotgun without a spread. Also, just a novelty gun (it has -52% damage; WTF?). On playthrough 2, mobs are a lot harder in the sense that they hit a lot harder. HP wise, you're right in the sense that if you have a good weapon, you can take them down pretty easily, assuming you don't die first.

anyone here like me cant seems to find a better weapon .. got a lvl 13 repeater pistols that i cant seem to be able to get a better one. Its so incredible.
Wish I read this yesterday. I found an orange revolver (level 40) with unlimited bullets and 511 damage. I also had a 120 damage repeater (also orange and level 40) with a 4.1 scope, unlimited bullets, 10.something fire rate, and a 12 round clip. I sold them because I use revolvers that do elemental or shotgun (spread damage). What level are you? I'll keep on the look out for some repeaters.
 
Last edited:
so is elemental the way to go for endgame?

Depends on the mob. Any mob that does elemental damage to you is immune to the same elemental damage, which is why I routinely pack shock, fire, and regular damage. I'm not a fan of corrosive or explosion.

For human mobs (except those Blazing Psychos), any elemental is game. I love shock because of the death animation when you land a critical head shot (brain explodes). Fire is also hilarious to watch.

Off topic, I once crit a human mob for 16k...never saw brain pieces fly that high up in the air...like literally 50 feet up. lol.
 
have you tried to kill mothtrak? harddddd, id say how but dont wanna spoil it for those who havent made it to him

I thought he was pretty easy, although the first time he showed up I got raped before i knew what was happening.
 
yeah no kidding about mothrakk, rakknest too since I was alone with only sniper rifles and revolvers, probably a lot easier with a combat rifle or 2+ people for the rakks to chase.

I played as soldier.
Turret plus shotty for rakks, rocket launchers and snipers on the Rakknest.
No deaths.
 
Yea we had a group with some lvl 18-22 and mothrakk was 25...

All of us went down 3-4 times but we were able to revive teammates in-time and eventually took him down... It wasn't organized at all but fun hahaha...
 
Actually, he's right. Randy (lead dev) mentioned he left the ending open-ended so that they had other areas to explore in future DLC. Put it this way, with the vault being what it was, there's other areas the devs can focus on. If the vault was a treasure chest, the story would basically be over.



I have that rifle but it's level 40. I also have a level 40 something Orion, which is an orange sniper with x4 shock damage, 15 rounds, and 1.4 rate of fire. I also have a purple level 40, 918 damage regular damage sniper, but it's slow as hell with .3 fire rate. I keep it for novelty, for those 16k crits. Lol.

I found an orange sniper rifle that does 186 x 6 damage. It shoots like a shotgun without a spread. Also, just a novelty gun (it has -52% damage; WTF?). On playthrough 2, mobs are a lot harder in the sense that they hit a lot harder. HP wise, you're right in the sense that if you have a good weapon, you can take them down pretty easily, assuming you don't die first.


Wish I read this yesterday. I found an orange revolver (level 40) with unlimited bullets and 511 damage. I also had a 120 damage repeater (also orange and level 40) with a 4.1 scope, unlimited bullets, 10.something fire rate, and a 12 round clip. I sold them because I use revolvers that do elemental or shotgun (spread damage). What level are you? I'll keep on the look out for some repeaters.

I will tell you when i get back from the job. Its a green pistol repeater that HAUL ASS. Seriously its very effective.
 
Yea we had a group with some lvl 18-22 and mothrakk was 25...

All of us went down 3-4 times but we were able to revive teammates in-time and eventually took him down... It wasn't organized at all but fun hahaha...

Step 1: Get in a car.
Step 2: Hit Spacebar
Step 3: Hold down whatever button you use for the turret and drive in circles

Also, hide under something if you don't want to use a car.
 
I have that rifle but it's level 40. I also have a level 40 something Orion, which is an orange sniper with x4 shock damage, 15 rounds, and 1.4 rate of fire. I also have a purple level 40, 918 damage regular damage sniper, but it's slow as hell with .3 fire rate. I keep it for novelty, for those 16k crits. Lol.

The GGN Solid Volcano. Very nice Rifle, though the damage is a bit low. Elemental tends to make up for it, but not always.
I found an orange sniper rifle that does 186 x 6 damage. It shoots like a shotgun without a spread. Also, just a novelty gun (it has -52% damage; WTF?). On playthrough 2, mobs are a lot harder in the sense that they hit a lot harder. HP wise, you're right in the sense that if you have a good weapon, you can take them down pretty easily, assuming you don't die first.

The SkullSmasher! *Excellent* sniper rifle. When I got mine it was 161x6, which is 966. Best rifle I had otherwise was 314. Skullsmasher took down Rakk Hive retarded fast on playthrough 1.
 
The SkullSmasher! *Excellent* sniper rifle. When I got mine it was 161x6, which is 966. Best rifle I had otherwise was 314. Skullsmasher took down Rakk Hive retarded fast on playthrough 1.

I just snagged one out of a chest last night at level 50. It's somewhere around 250x6. What I like the most though is the insanely fast reload speed. Now I'm torn between a ~1500 dmg sniper rifle or a 500 dmg sniper rifle with x4 fire + explosion.
 
I just snagged one out of a chest last night at level 50. It's somewhere around 250x6. What I like the most though is the insanely fast reload speed. Now I'm torn between a ~1500 dmg sniper rifle or a 500 dmg sniper rifle with x4 fire + explosion.

Does yours have -X% damage? Mine has -51% or so. Also, I love how they paid homage to Diablo. Skullsmasher is a mace in Diablo 1 and 2. Also, Rakkanishu boss was named after the dude in D2. :D
 
Does yours have -X% damage? Mine has -51% or so. Also, I love how they paid homage to Diablo. Skullsmasher is a mace in Diablo 1 and 2. Also, Rakkanishu boss was named after the dude in D2. :D

Yup, it's around -50% damage. I think that's fair for smashing 6 bullets into someone's head.

Should just release a cow level DLC :rolleyes:
 
Step 1: Get in a car.
Step 2: Hit Spacebar
Step 3: Hold down whatever button you use for the turret and drive in circles

Also, hide under something if you don't want to use a car.

We had the car but it got blown up somehow, they're so weak and useless..

There is some mission later on where you're supposed to "duel" with this other vehicle boss with your car, but the cars are so bad we died in 2 hits then respawned and just picked him off with our combat rifle / shotgun and they did insane amounts of damage and he was dead within a few seconds... the vehicle damage vs. people damage is pretty messed up... there's no "anti-vehicle" weapons or "anti-infantry" but they don't give vehicles a lot of armor like they should so they die super fast...
 
Yeah I agree, I wanted to play that boss as it was intended so I used the car, I had to respawn like 15 times to kill him though so I'm not really sure it was the intended experience either but oh well. The cars do suck.
 
After my car got blown up, I hopped out and smacked Mad Mel's truck 3 times with my shotgun and killed it. Yeah, the car weapons are way underpowered and the armor sucks. I see them solely as transportation.
 
We had the car but it got blown up somehow, they're so weak and useless..

There is some mission later on where you're supposed to "duel" with this other vehicle boss with your car, but the cars are so bad we died in 2 hits then respawned and just picked him off with our combat rifle / shotgun and they did insane amounts of damage and he was dead within a few seconds... the vehicle damage vs. people damage is pretty messed up... there's no "anti-vehicle" weapons or "anti-infantry" but they don't give vehicles a lot of armor like they should so they die super fast...

I never got hit from mothrack while in the car. He literally won't be able to hit you if you just drive in circles since his projectiles are so slow.
 
my prob with mothrakk in the car is that it would not stay locked on no matter what I did. Also with a second person in the car, the gun wont allow the aim angle to look that high.
 
I never lost the lock on him while in a car. but it took about 5 minutes to kill him, the cars are very useless.

And like most others I gave up on using a car to kill mad mel. Rocket launcher FTW lol
 
Last edited:
After my car got blown up, I hopped out and smacked Mad Mel's truck 3 times with my shotgun and killed it. Yeah, the car weapons are way underpowered and the armor sucks. I see them solely as transportation.
The only way to effectively kill enemies with the car is to run them over.
 
I never lost the lock n him while in a car. butg it took about 5 minutes to kill him, the cars are veyr useless.

And like most others I gave up on using a car to kill mad mel. Rocket launcher FTW lol

I died like 3 times before I remembered I had a four-round burst rocket launcher, then I just crouched behind the ramp until e was head straight toward me, after I ran out f rockets I used the car though.

Is there any differences at all between car one and car two? I haven't found any..
 
Bah. My PC just crashed right after I found an orange revolver with 697 damage, 4x corrosive damage, and a 3.7 scope...and I was looking for a high damage revolver too.
 
I died like 3 times before I remembered I had a four-round burst rocket launcher, then I just crouched behind the ramp until e was head straight toward me, after I ran out f rockets I used the car though.

Is there any differences at all between car one and car two? I haven't found any..

No but if you have 4 people you need 2 cars :)

You can also swap the rocket launcher for a machine gun but it sucks...
 
I never lost the lock n him while in a car. butg it took about 5 minutes to kill him, the cars are veyr useless.

And like most others I gave up on using a car to kill mad mel. Rocket launcher FTW lol

LOL - and here I was starting to feel bad that I took that route too.
 
can u track the achievements? i'm guessing not. i've tried clicking on them and what not to no avail.
 
can u track the achievements? i'm guessing not. i've tried clicking on them and what not to no avail.

Yup. I believe it's on the screen with your quests, there's a keypress, but there's also icons along the top of the window you can click on to display other pages. Kinda like at the New-U station how there's the rabbit and the...info-page icon at the top of the menu screen, rabbit = fast travel, paper = character name/colours.
 
It's because people don't forward ports. I saw so many games that were 3 slots available because nobody knows about forwarding ports.

Everytime I hosted (with forwarded ports) I got people joining real quick... helps if you say ports frwrd in the host name or something so they know what you're talking about.

But anyways.

Must be true, shame that so many haven't figured out how to forward ports.

I will try hosting, with the description. UK, Ports Open, Level 13 Hunter and see how I get on!
 
Yup. I believe it's on the screen with your quests, there's a keypress, but there's also icons along the top of the window you can click on to display other pages. Kinda like at the New-U station how there's the rabbit and the...info-page icon at the top of the menu screen, rabbit = fast travel, paper = character name/colours.

let me be more clear. can u track them on ur HUD? i know how to find them in the menu.
 
Originally Posted by LordTacodip View Post
...
I think you're over thinking just a tad too much...
Actually, he's right. Randy (lead dev) mentioned he left the ending open-ended so that they had other areas to explore in future DLC. Put it this way, with the vault being what it was, there's other areas the devs can focus on. If the vault was a treasure chest, the story would basically be over.

Actually, he's right. Randy (lead dev) mentioned he left the ending open-ended so that they had other areas to explore in future DLC. Put it this way, with the vault being what it was, there's other areas the devs can focus on. If the vault was a treasure chest, the story would basically be over.

Exactly, on all points.

I'm not "over-thinking" anything. I can understand how some got to the end and thought "What the hell was that!?", but if you knew the intention of the devs, and actually gave it some thought, you'd realize that it was far from intended to just "slap together some lame ending".

With as much as they put into the game, in countless ways (that are far better than most games out today, on top of it) do you really think they would have thrown in a "bad ending" after all that work? Use your brain.

It is based on the mythology of Pandora's Box and akin to people's real life search for the Ark, as I have stated. You just have to think about it, and it makes sense. If people are so quick to "dismiss" it as a "lame ending", they're missing the point. Sure, they could have added a little more to the fight itself, but the creature itself was extremely well-done (if not a little easy to beat) and both your journey there and the ending come together cohesively.

You were being used by companies, who provided you with weaponry, to find the vault for them. Simple.

No "over-thinking" required. Perhaps people "under-think" too much.

I never twist anything to fit what I think is right, and it's all just obvious... if you actually think. Before you accuse someone of twisting something to fit their own opinions, perhaps you should try actually using your brain. If you don't, then you cannot appreciate the intelligence actually put into the ending, and you miss the whole point. All that does is continue the trend of the "just spoon-feed my everything, and give me tons of treasure" which is the mentality of too many, who then miss anything of actual intelligence that might have so rarely been put into a game.

But, what ever... the ending was clearly understood by me and some others, and I appreciate the fact that they actually created an intelligent ending revolving around the mythology of the vault. It does in fact do what they intended, and leave the game open-ended for future content, as well as avoids the repetitive and over-done end-scenario of "bad guy explodes, world is saved, tons of loot... game over" methodology.

But, if you hated the ending... to each his/her own. Just don't blame the devs for a "bad ending", when in truth, it's not understood by those who simply cant/don't want to give something a little thought.

I found it refreshing having reached an ending that actually had a little more to it in terms of figuring out what the whole point of the journey and the vault itself actually was. I suppose it's gone largely unappreciated by many.

Yes, Borderlands is about exploring and "shooting shit"... but it's nice that there was an, albeit not spoken to you (you have to think for yourself), more in-depth scenario woven into the game that you had to think about to understand.
 
Sure, they could have added a little more to the fight itself, but the creature itself was extremely well-done (if not a little easy to beat) and both your journey there and the ending come together cohesively.
No, the creature was not well done at all. I find it hard to believe that someone could think that. The very fact that they borked the loot system with no incentive to actually kill a boss for loot (vs. lol new haven) screams lack of effort. They clearly just put something together and let the random loot generator do the work.

That said, I just hope that the zombie land DLC offers some sort of incentive for replay.
 
It was lame. Not because of the story itself, but because of how they portrayed it. The ending all happened to fast. No explanation, no reason, just a big giant weakling boss, and then its over.

No explanations, just guessing. No story, just inference. Five more minutes of some cutscenes showing the history of the vault, who built it and why, more backstory, would have made ALL the difference.
 
How many times must it be said: they purposely did not want to blatantly spoon-feed people "who built the vault" etc. because that's the whole point of the mystery behind it.

They don't know who built the vault, or why, so "five more minutes of explaining" it goes against the whole purpose of what they were trying to get across regarding the game's plot.

As for the boss being "good" in general, let me re-state that: the design (visually) of the boss was excellent, as was the concept behind the purpose of it's presence. That more accurately explains what I meant.

The fight itself, yes, it was lacking... no arguments there.

But I will not try to "explain" anymore anything regarding the reason for why nothing more was "explained" about the vault itself, or why the creature inhabits it, as I've already done so... twice... and explained what mythology from real life it and the vault were based upon.

As I've said, if you cant see that there was a purpose to how things unfolded, or "be bothered" to give something a little thought, then there's no point in going back-and-forth about it any further. Perceive it how you will... it's just a game, so I'm not going to "debate" about it any further.

Most of what I've said to try to shed light on why the ending played-out the way it did, has been largely ignored and dismissed out-right, except by those elsewhere who also "got it"... so, again, to each his/her own.
 
xth-o-dth: I think it's clear that if you deliberately leave something vague it's going to leave people unsatisfied. Plot aside, from a pure game perspective the end was awful as it:

A) Had a last boss that was completely lackluster.
B) No incentive / reward to complete some sort of challenging task for a good reward (read: Loot for killing big bad Boss as is the 'easy' way out for typical RPG's).

The fact that they failed on those two points screams lack of effort when making the end of the game.

Regardless of what you read into from the ending plot wise, that's irrelevant. Anyone can interpret just about anything in anyway they want it. As such, it's not a debatable point because it's completely subjective.
 
How many times must it be said: they purposely did not want to blatantly spoon-feed people "who built the vault" etc. because that's the whole point of the mystery behind it.
No story equals no story, not mystery.

They don't know who built the vault, or why, so "five more minutes of explaining" it goes against the whole purpose of what they were trying to get across regarding the game's plot.
Thats a lame excuse for empty story telling. "I dont want to tell the story, because I want it to be a mystery, so just guess." Look how cool I am!


But I will not try to "explain" anymore anything regarding the reason for why nothing more was "explained" about the vault itself, or why the creature inhabits it, as I've already done so... twice... and explained what mythology from real life it and the vault were based upon.

As I've said, if you cant see that there was a purpose to how things unfolded, or "be bothered" to give something a little thought, then there's no point in going back-and-forth about it any further. Perceive it how you will... it's just a game, so I'm not going to "debate" about it any further.

Most of what I've said to try to shed light on why the ending played-out the way it did, has been largely ignored and dismissed out-right, except by those elsewhere who also "got it"... so, again, to each his/her own.
I get it, I just think its lame and weak.
 
No story equals no story, not mystery.

I agree. I certainly don't need any spoonfeeding, but this "ending" had absolutely no sense of finality to it whatsoever. Now in leiu of finality I would have been happy with a lingering question, but we didn't even get one of those..just a "your job is done, thanks, here's some more of what you've been collecting the whole time anyway".
 
I agree. I certainly don't need any spoonfeeding, but this "ending" had absolutely no sense of finality to it whatsoever. Now in leiu of finality I would have been happy with a lingering question, but we didn't even get one of those..just a "your job is done, thanks, here's some more of what you've been collecting the whole time anyway".

Exactly what I thought. The only thing which is keeping me playing is to find the most 1337est weapons >.< But what will happen when I finally get that ultimate set up...?

The upcoming DLC for this game better be good -____-
 
Well, maybe I missed the story and it was answered during the gameplay, but "who" the whole company was can be a direction for a future DLC. The DLC could explore the origins of the people that charged you, the player, with finding the vault in the first place.

Also, we can't forget the white ghostly figure that helped you along the journey. That could also be another story arc (or tie in with the company).

Off topic, I was disappointed with the Krom boss. IIRC he did not have a text under his name like the other bosses (IE: 9 Toes and the whole "He also has 3 balls."). lol
 
Back
Top