Vehicle controls = Halo controls
Um, quick travel anyone?
Can't quick travle untill you have been there. Still have to do the big drives atleats once. I've gotten alot better at driving with the mouse now, isn't so bad anymore.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Vehicle controls = Halo controls
Um, quick travel anyone?
Can't quick travle untill you have been there. Still have to do the big drives atleats once. I've gotten alot better at driving with the mouse now, isn't so bad anymore.
You unlock it after leaving fyrestone. If you aren't there yet, just wait and it'll be obvious when it's available. If you're past that... well talk to any "New U" thing and it lets you fast travel (click the bunny at the top).Oh there is quicktravel? How - just though the map?
Yeah I didn't mind the vehicle controls, but I like that setup in Halo too.
are you doing any quests? you get a decent rifle from TKs wife's grave right in the begining.
I have never driven across 5 zones. A new quest will be at most 1 zone away unless you're on the last ~ 2 quests in the plot that takes you across the last few 'zones'.
Well, 16:9 or 16:10. I'd imagine if you're using a 4:3 or 5:4 monitor it wouldn't be too much of a problem.
I am using a 16:10 setup, I didn't have to change FOV at all. /shrug
Not that I know of... But I only play with friends so it's not a big deal.Is there some form of trading online between players? Besides trusting one another to drop their gun...
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.
Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference
* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *
See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)
2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.
- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following
- MotionBlur=True
- DepthOfField=True
- Bloom=True
- UseHighQualityBloom=True
- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)
Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.
http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
Wow, I had no idea that Win7 users were getting the shaft on using DX10 in this game.Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.
Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference
* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *
See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)
2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.
- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following
- MotionBlur=True
- DepthOfField=True
- Bloom=True
- UseHighQualityBloom=True
- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)
Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.
http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
Roam everywhere you can. There are large chests containing the guns littered everywhere. Make sure and do every mission you can too, the bosses will have special loot too. As you progress through more zones you will come upon even more weapons... and the game really opens up when you reach New Haven.I think I need help? I thought this game was suppose to have millions of different generated weapons, but I've been using the same sniper rifle since lvl 1 (now lvl 11). What am I doing wrong?
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.
Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference
* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *
See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)
2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.
- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following
- MotionBlur=True
- DepthOfField=True
- Bloom=True
- UseHighQualityBloom=True
- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)
Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.
http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
I am using a 16:10 setup, I didn't have to change FOV at all. /shrug
You don't technically have to change the FOV for 16:10 but it looks much better if you do. I noticed the FOV was off the moment I started up my first game and stepped off the bus. It was like playing the game slightly zoomed in at all times.
You don't technically have to change the FOV for 16:10 but it looks much better if you do. I noticed the FOV was off the moment I started up my first game and stepped off the bus. It was like playing the game slightly zoomed in at all times.
You can buy them back for the same price that you sold them for. I think they're wiped out once you leave the game though.Is there somewhere to store your guns? I keep selling them to the vending machine, I didn't look but I assume you lose money when you buy them back?
can anyone explain to me how the class mods work? i'm lvl 26, and have used a few, but i expected them to work how they do in games like diablo, when i equip them, it shows the +1-3 to my different skills. It doesn't make any change, but is the effect still active?
It is still adding skills to whatever it says it is. Unlike Diablo, however, you cant actually see the boosted skills in your skill tree.
FOV change works, good to know I just had it in the wrong spot. DX10 makes a bit of a change, but still no AA![]()
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.
Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference
* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *
See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)
2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.
- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following
- MotionBlur=True
- DepthOfField=True
- Bloom=True
- UseHighQualityBloom=True
- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)
Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.
http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
I wonder what the texture quality value changes? Mine is currently at 0, with in game settings maxed. Might mess with it and see what happens.
can anyone explain to me how the class mods work? i'm lvl 26, and have used a few, but i expected them to work how they do in games like diablo, when i equip them, it shows the +1-3 to my different skills. It doesn't make any change, but is the effect still active?
Presumably it enables or disables lens flare effects.Hmmm. My Lensflare is set to false; any one else know about what it does?