• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Vehicle controls = Halo controls

Um, quick travel anyone?

Can't quick travle untill you have been there. Still have to do the big drives atleats once. I've gotten alot better at driving with the mouse now, isn't so bad anymore.
 
Oh there is quicktravel? How - just though the map?

Yeah I didn't mind the vehicle controls, but I like that setup in Halo too.
 
Can't quick travle untill you have been there. Still have to do the big drives atleats once. I've gotten alot better at driving with the mouse now, isn't so bad anymore.

I have never driven across 5 zones. A new quest will be at most 1 zone away unless you're on the last ~ 2 quests in the plot that takes you across the last few 'zones'.

Oh there is quicktravel? How - just though the map?

Yeah I didn't mind the vehicle controls, but I like that setup in Halo too.
You unlock it after leaving fyrestone. If you aren't there yet, just wait and it'll be obvious when it's available. If you're past that... well talk to any "New U" thing and it lets you fast travel (click the bunny at the top).
 
I think I need help? I thought this game was suppose to have millions of different generated weapons, but I've been using the same sniper rifle since lvl 1 (now lvl 11). What am I doing wrong?
 
are you doing any quests? you get a decent rifle from TKs wife's grave right in the begining.
 
are you doing any quests? you get a decent rifle from TKs wife's grave right in the begining.

Yeah I got that one, but other than that nothing fancy. No sniper that shoot out electricity. No sniper that shoots out flaming razor blades. I just went from a sniper that did 50dmg to like 68, which to me is essentially the same gun.
 
I have never driven across 5 zones. A new quest will be at most 1 zone away unless you're on the last ~ 2 quests in the plot that takes you across the last few 'zones'.

Ive had 1 or 2 so far that make me go about 2 zones over. Its nto that bad but quick travel is always better lol
 
Yeah I guess you're right... I'm still using that sniper rifle, I have a bunch of other cool stuff, but only those two rifles, although I'm also lvl 11.
 
Is there some form of trading online between players? Besides trusting one another to drop their gun...
 
I am using a 16:10 setup, I didn't have to change FOV at all. /shrug

It's alright until you actually do change it and realize, holy crap it looks way better at (insert your preferred FOV). It's one of those, you won't know the difference until you've tried the new FOV.

Is there some form of trading online between players? Besides trusting one another to drop their gun...
Not that I know of... But I only play with friends so it's not a big deal.
 
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.

Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference

* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *

See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)

2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following

- MotionBlur=True

- DepthOfField=True

- Bloom=True

- UseHighQualityBloom=True

- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)

Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.

http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
 
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.

Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference

* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *

See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)

2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following

- MotionBlur=True

- DepthOfField=True

- Bloom=True

- UseHighQualityBloom=True

- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)

Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.

http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1

I gotta try this when I get home tonight :O
 
^ Same here.

I figured that the game "should" run a hell of a lot better than it does, but assumed it was just lazy programming.

hope this helps
 
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.

Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference

* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *

See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)

2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following

- MotionBlur=True

- DepthOfField=True

- Bloom=True

- UseHighQualityBloom=True

- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)

Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.

http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1
Wow, I had no idea that Win7 users were getting the shaft on using DX10 in this game.

Excellent info, I'm going to try that as soon as I get home.
 
I think I need help? I thought this game was suppose to have millions of different generated weapons, but I've been using the same sniper rifle since lvl 1 (now lvl 11). What am I doing wrong?
Roam everywhere you can. There are large chests containing the guns littered everywhere. Make sure and do every mission you can too, the bosses will have special loot too. As you progress through more zones you will come upon even more weapons... and the game really opens up when you reach New Haven.

I have also noticed killing high level enemies quickly (few critical headshots) will get them to drop more loot.

I ran into a similar problem myself. I found a sniper rifle early on that had the explosive elemental and put out 140+ damage with 96% accuracy. I used that thing till I hit level 20. I now carry 2 different rifles. One with 240+ damage and 88% accuracy that I use on big animals, and another one with 140+ damage, shock elemental, and 96% accuracy that takes out just about any enemies shield and/or kill them in one hit.
 
Before;
wsoh1l.jpg

After;
b659gh.jpg

Before;
2uqc1kw.jpg

After;
osso5h.jpg



I dont know what settings he was using, because his sky looks like crap. Most of those settings were already set to true also. Looks the same to me. Perhaps this isnt the best location to try these settings out. 1920x1200_16:10, 95 FOV. ATI 4850. Drivers set to default settings. This just reminded me to fix that. Just installed Win 7, and havent set everything up just yet.
 
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.

Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference

* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *

See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)

2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following

- MotionBlur=True

- DepthOfField=True

- Bloom=True

- UseHighQualityBloom=True

- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)

Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.

http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1

Great information thank you, I thought just changing the vsync, mouse smooth, and FOV were huge changes, looking forward to this.
 
You don't technically have to change the FOV for 16:10 but it looks much better if you do. I noticed the FOV was off the moment I started up my first game and stepped off the bus. It was like playing the game slightly zoomed in at all times.
 
You don't technically have to change the FOV for 16:10 but it looks much better if you do. I noticed the FOV was off the moment I started up my first game and stepped off the bus. It was like playing the game slightly zoomed in at all times.

That's exactly how I felt but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I read about the FOV change.
 
All console ports have a retardily low fov. When playing on a tv the avg distance is about 6 feet so a 65-70. Fov is ok but for us we sit 2-3 feet away. Low fov wreaks of consolitis and gives me a sorta vertigo feeling at times. If devs would spend a little time and with some care instead of doing straight ports we would have it adjustable out of the Box. Usually you don't because they simply don't give a shit since the pc version is considered gravy.
 
Ok, sirens flat out rule. I'm at L24 and can now blow stuff up when I hit phase, and after a couple of kills I cause elemental fire damage where I walk. I also found a class mod that boosts several of my higher level abilities. If you're looking for mods, there are usually a ton in Earl's Scrap Yard.

My favorite move is when I find a bunch of baddies standing next to some explosive barrels. I just run into them, phase, and the barrels explode on them. Meanwhile they're also getting electrical damage, and when the phase is over if any of them are alive, they get lit on fire. I love this game. :p
 
You don't technically have to change the FOV for 16:10 but it looks much better if you do. I noticed the FOV was off the moment I started up my first game and stepped off the bus. It was like playing the game slightly zoomed in at all times.

Let me clarify, my FOV was already set to appropriate levels without changing anything. Changing the .ini even to 110 has very little effect. Oddly, my girlfriends copy DID need to be changed in the bindings.
 
Is there somewhere to store your guns? I keep selling them to the vending machine, I didn't look but I assume you lose money when you buy them back?
You can buy them back for the same price that you sold them for. I think they're wiped out once you leave the game though.
 
can anyone explain to me how the class mods work? i'm lvl 26, and have used a few, but i expected them to work how they do in games like diablo, when i equip them, it shows the +1-3 to my different skills. It doesn't make any change, but is the effect still active?
 
can anyone explain to me how the class mods work? i'm lvl 26, and have used a few, but i expected them to work how they do in games like diablo, when i equip them, it shows the +1-3 to my different skills. It doesn't make any change, but is the effect still active?

It is still adding skills to whatever it says it is. Unlike Diablo, however, you cant actually see the boosted skills in your skill tree.
 
The only difference I notice in the screenshots between DX9 and DX10 is that the colors seems drained. They just don't pop as much as in the DX9 pictures.
 
I'll have to try those settings to enable D3D10, see if it makes a difference for me. Also about to try the FOV change with the bindings in the right spot in the file!

It is still adding skills to whatever it says it is. Unlike Diablo, however, you cant actually see the boosted skills in your skill tree.

How about if your skill is already maxed? If it says it gives +3 to a skill I'm at 5/5 on, do I actually have 8/5 skill or is it wasted?
 
FOV change works, good to know I just had it in the wrong spot. DX10 makes a bit of a change, but still no AA :(
 
FOV change works, good to know I just had it in the wrong spot. DX10 makes a bit of a change, but still no AA :(

If you have an nvidia gpu installing nhancer makes it really easy to add AA, makes the game look so much better. :D

I had no idea about the dx10 in 7 though, thanks for the tip!
 
I've got a 4870, and it's looking more and more as though I won't be able to get AA at all.
 
Sharing this from valcan_s' post on Shacknews.

Borderlands - PC - Upgrade to DX10 - see inside makes a huge difference

* Note - Windows 7 will default to DX9 *

See below:
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
a. FInd the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)

2. Find the section [SystemSettings]
Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

- AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)
Also change the following

- MotionBlur=True

- DepthOfField=True

- Bloom=True

- UseHighQualityBloom=True

- FogVolumes=True ( volumetric fog make a huge difference, think Bioshock effects in DX10 mode if you used that)

Thats it enjoy the new source of power and visual quality.

http://www.easyscreens.info/index.php?v=5067&fullsize=1

I wonder what the texture quality value changes? Mine is currently at 0, with in game settings maxed. Might mess with it and see what happens.
 
I wonder what the texture quality value changes? Mine is currently at 0, with in game settings maxed. Might mess with it and see what happens.

I was just wondering the same thing, post up your experience with it.
 
can anyone explain to me how the class mods work? i'm lvl 26, and have used a few, but i expected them to work how they do in games like diablo, when i equip them, it shows the +1-3 to my different skills. It doesn't make any change, but is the effect still active?

The efffect is there, but it doesn't show in your skill tree.

HOWEVER, you must first have at least 1 point in that skill or else no benefit will be received.
 
MotionBlur appears to do nothing when I enable it. Has anybody actually confirmed that it works?
 
Back
Top