• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Maybe it's not as extreme as other games, but I notice motion blur by default when sprinting...
 
Man, leveling definitely gets slower in the thirties, haha, I'm level 32 right now.
And does anybody here on the forums have a strong purple/orange Combat Rifle or Machine Gun they aren't using?
 
...does anybody here on the forums have a strong purple/orange Combat Rifle or Machine Gun they aren't using?

Combat rifles seem to be harder to come by in artifact varieties for me as well. I can't count the number of times I find artifact snipers/revolvers with 4x elements on them, but have yet to see anything as good for CR/SMG, which is what I prefer using.

As it stands now, my soldier is 42 and is using a lvl28 sniper with 4x fire just because it gives fire ticks of up to 400 damage, which is more than some of my more powerful rifles can do per shot.
 
Man, leveling definitely gets slower in the thirties, haha, I'm level 32 right now.
And does anybody here on the forums have a strong purple/orange Combat Rifle or Machine Gun they aren't using?

Good combat rifle are probably the rarest item in the game IF they exsist. I've only seen one Gold combat rifle. You can almost always find an SMG better than most combat rifles.
 
Good combat rifle are probably the rarest item in the game IF they exsist. I've only seen one Gold combat rifle. You can almost always find an SMG better than most combat rifles.

The level 28 combat rifle scavange quest gives you a pretty good combat rifle. It's not orange, but it does high dmg, good accuracy, and good rate of fire.
 
I've founda lv 25 combat rifle that does 103 dmg per bullet, 95 accuracy and a good fire rate. Pretty good for its lv, but tis only purple and its the only one I've found that i like lol.
 
I've founda lv 25 combat rifle that does 103 dmg per bullet, 95 accuracy and a good fire rate. Pretty good for its lv, but tis only purple and its the only one I've found that i like lol.

OMFGAHD. Lucky, that sounds really good! >.<
 
Just finished the game on my hunter. Was good, could of been a better experience, but then again i was playing solo on that character.

As for guns, man my luck was horrible, my hunter never got any decent snipers, only one that lasted me was the Purple one with no scope you get from a quest that i forgot already.

Anyone else thought the alien weapons besides the lighting rod weapon were kinda meh? :(

@ Lord, Wait til you make your way to the vault, i got a ton of xp making my way there. Only got the level 36 with 4 turn ins and around 6 other quests i havent done yet. Wonder what the level cap is.
 
Just finished the game on my hunter. Was good, could of been a better experience, but then again i was playing solo on that character.

As for guns, man my luck was horrible, my hunter never got any decent snipers, only one that lasted me was the Purple one with no scope you get from a quest that i forgot already.

Anyone else thought the alien weapons besides the lighting rod weapon were kinda meh? :(

@ Lord, Wait til you make your way to the vault, i got a ton of xp making my way there. Only got the level 36 with 4 turn ins and around 6 other quests i havent done yet. Wonder what the level cap is.

Level cap is fifty I believe, and of course you didn't get that many good items; you're playing solo >.< More people = harder enemies = better loot.

That's why I hate playing solo .-.
 
OMFGAHD. Lucky, that sounds really good! >.<

it is, I find it bette rthan a sniper rifle since is bursts 3 shots, taking lv 32 crimson lance enemies down in 3-4 bursts from long range, med-close I still use my trusty rocket launchers since im brick lol
 
Good combat rifle are probably the rarest item in the game IF they exsist. I've only seen one Gold combat rifle. You can almost always find an SMG better than most combat rifles.

I'm at level 17 and I found a pretty decent one. 35 damage, fire element, and the clip holds 50 rounds! I actually found 2 identical ones. I'm hanging on to the other one to give away to the next person who complains about lack of good rifles :)
 
I've got a combat rifle w/a 64 round clip, 110 damage, 15 fire rate, and I think about 86 accuracy, and it has a scope. I found an SMG that's almost as good too. I equipped a class mod that helps me find rare items. :)
 
I equipped a class mod that helps me find rare items. :)

Ooh nice. Are those common? Is that type of bonus only available for one class? I'm just at the part where you get access to class mods so I don't know much about them yet.
 
Yeah that's awesome, what class?


Can't wait for 5:00, I'm going to play the shit out of this game this weekend.
 
The combat rifle from the scavenge quest is better than all the rifles listed thus far...

At least that's the rifle I used until I found the 250 damage one I'm using now.
 
Is your single player character separate from making a multi-player character like in Diablo 2? I don't want to keep playing single player if it ends up being different.
 
I found a 97x12 Shotgun on the way to go kill Sledge.

It is pretty gnarly.
 
Wow. The final boss was a disappointment -____-
All that trouble killing him and all he dropped was some ammo and white-labeled guns. Wtf.
And not only that but I got stuck in a wall, so I never got to see what Tannis gives to you for the Vault Key.

Does anyone want to fill me in what I missed out on?
 
Wow. The final boss was a disappointment -____-
All that trouble killing him and all he dropped was some ammo and white-labeled guns. Wtf.
And not only that but I got stuck in a wall, so I never got to see what Tannis gives to you for the Vault Key.

Does anyone want to fill me in what I missed out on?

trouble? I found the end boss stupidly easy. Mabey its cause spamming rqaockets into his weak spot kills to quick?
 
Been doing some chest runs and never found a good rilfe. Found a orange shotgun with good dmg plus elemental and 2.5 firing rate :)
 
trouble? I found the end boss stupidly easy. Mabey its cause spamming rqaockets into his weak spot kills to quick?

I found a 580x3 rocket launcher before the fight and was hitting him for 10k a shot as Roland. I was playing with two friends and we almost all died though.
 
aye a couple boss fights to easy to just stay far away and snipe them down one wont even respond to you if u dont enter his area..
 
Where's all these uber guns in New Haven everyone mentions? I just got here and nothing really uber to be found.
 
Where's all these uber guns in New Haven everyone mentions? I just got here and nothing really uber to be found.
There are a few chests in New Haven (on rooftops) which load random guns in them, the chests respawn whenever you quit the game and restart. Some people have been exploiting this by looting the chests, quitting the game, restarting, looting again and repeating over and over.

I don't suggest you do this as it'll just break the game's economy for your character. Now obviously the economy will eventually become inconsequential as in most games, but Borderlands imo does a great job of maintaining economical balance as long as possible on your first playthrough.
 
trouble? I found the end boss stupidly easy. Mabey its cause spamming rqaockets into his weak spot kills to quick?

He's too easy because he's stationary. In that sense, it felt like a boss fight straight out of Dead Space in more ways than one. Plus the ending is a fucking joke.
 
He's too easy because he's stationary. In that sense, it felt like a boss fight straight out of Dead Space in more ways than one. Plus the ending is a fucking joke.

The ending was a joke, even more so when you don't get to fight the ninja assassin clap trap. This game is probably going to be big on DLC, hopefully PC people don't have to pay for it.
 
Ok, yeah, I stayed up late just to get to the ending....and WTF was gearbox thinking? This was a giant insult to the players IMO. For all of the imagination they put into this game, that ending just makes no damn sense to me. It's stupid as hell. Heck, I'm a siren, and I just ran past everything on the level before you reach the vault because I wanted to get it over with quickly. It's just lame.
 
Ok, yeah, I stayed up late just to get to the ending....and WTF was gearbox thinking? This was a giant insult to the players IMO. For all of the imagination they put into this game, that ending just makes no damn sense to me. It's stupid as hell. Heck, I'm a siren, and I just ran past everything on the level before you reach the vault because I wanted to get it over with quickly. It's just lame.

I got to the end, beat the boss and was scratching my head :). The game itself leading up to the end was great though. There is a 2nd playthrough option as well, but I am not sure I am going to take them up on it yet. The DLC is looking attractive in my opinion.
 
After the 2nd playthrough the game gets even harder. The progression is Badass > BadMutha > SuperBad. The enemies all scale up to lvl 50 after you complete your second playthrough. Its ridiculous. I think I also saw some level 52s.

Seems like atleast the enemies are in place to raise the cap (maybe lvl 99 but they'd have to add alot more skills or up the skill cap on individual skills).
 
Back
Top