So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Is it just me or do the guns feel more accurate when you're not in the zoomed-in aimed mode?

cool i have that

idk wether this is talking about piracy or not

but this is one of those games id kill myself if i pirated, im gonna go biking tomorrow 5 miles to go get it :p

Or you could use Steam and get fat?

Is it just me or do the guns feel more accurate when you're not in the zoomed-in aimed mode?

ya zoom crosshairs def off abit seems if i shoot a little higha nd tot he right it crits and somtimes the shot seems to go rite thru the mob.

Got my Shotgun Medic up to lvl 49. I've been pretty disappointed with a majority of the stuff that dropped in the 2nd playthrough.

I'd get to a chest, BAM bunch of whites or greens. The purples I'd find were of no use(either pistols or snipers), all the shotguns I found were being outdone by an explosive one I found in the middle of my first playthrough at around lvl 29 or so. I think I've only seen maybe 2-3 legendaries.

There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong...

It worked for me. Be sure to put that line in the willowgame.willowplayerinput section. Its the last section iirc. I had it in the wrong spot initially.

You also have to place the bindings at the end of the section and not at the beginning for it to work

Borderlands was on my list, and then off it, after the horrific Brothers In Arms 3 fiasco - god that game was bad.

The developer's track record has been quite frankly abysmal as of late. But after reading all of this, I'd be a fool not to put the game back on my list again. When The Great Unwashed chimes in like this then you have to pay attention.

The new graphics turned me off, but I guess that the game must look better when you're actually viewing it on your own PC. The stylization kind of took me out of the game a bit.

Ah well, you shouldn't be too critical of a game you've never seen or played I suppose.

If I do buy this, though, it will be for the single player only. I'm just not an online guy. Too bad there wasn't a third person mode. I love third person games.
I'm normally not much of an online person either, but I have to admit that it's pretty fun :) plus, some of the quests are rather challenging and having a person or two around to watch your back (and draw fire) is a HUGE help at times

edit: don't make the same mistake I did though. When you hold "e", you can pickup ALL nearby items instead of just one at a time. When you do this with a weapon it will automatically equip it and drop the weapon you were holding. Well, I did that and grabbed a weapon by accident (a crappy rifle... doing like 5pts damage) and dropped my super awesome single shot rifle that did like 200 damage +buffs and one of the guys I was playing with grabbed it :( lol I was pissed. They were speaking another language too so I couldn't even ask for it back

Last edited:
Got my Shotgun Medic up to lvl 49. I've been pretty disappointed with a majority of the stuff that dropped in the 2nd playthrough.

I'd get to a chest, BAM bunch of whites or greens. The purples I'd find were of no use(either pistols or snipers), all the shotguns I found were being outdone by an explosive one I found in the middle of my first playthrough at around lvl 29 or so. I think I've only seen maybe 2-3 legendaries.

There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong...

New Haven chest farming, and farming the chests in the zone before the vault is the way to go.

You also have to place the bindings at the end of the section and not at the beginning for it to work

At the end of the section meaning below what entry? I haven't been able to change my FOV at all on the steam version :(

FOV works in the steam version, the filenames are different "defaultinput.ini" instead of "willowinput.ini" but it works as described in the borderlands tweaks thread on here.

When you guys change the FOV, does sprint remain unaffected by the change, it makes me sick because when I sprint the fov goes back to default and it looks like you're running at warp speed or something. It returns to the set value when I come out of sprint, so it's the change back and forth that bugs me so much that I'd rather just play at the default.

I put it directly below the following line in defaultinput.ini

Code:
.Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="shot")

At the end of the section meaning below what entry? I haven't been able to change my FOV at all on the steam version :(

Put it after the last "Bindings=. . . . " entry. This goes in the [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput] section, NOT the [Engine.PlayerInput] section. I screwed this up initially until I looked closer. I have the steam version as well.

What kind of performance are some of you seeing? I am running 2x GTX 275's and I got the new SLI update which gave Borderlands a profile in the nvcp. I loaded up fraps and am seeing between 50-60 in the starting area. Does this sound about right? 1920x1200 every setting on high. I was expecting something much higher than this considering the graphics aren't all that sweet. Rest of my specs:

680i SLI A1
qx6850 @ 3.33ghz
4gb pc1066 ram

I was FINALLY able to play this last night for 2 hours. I am absolutely in love with this game. I've always been a fan of the cel-shaded look and the weapons are all so unique. I can definitely see myself making all 4 characters and leveling them all up to 50. :D

I reached level 16 with my soldier and finally got a rocket launcher. Holy crap are those fun to use! The best part is, with the turret's ammo regeneration, you regenerate rockets faster than you can shoot them! The turret just got 50 times cooler :cool:

does the real rocket launcher work better than the one attached to the vehicle? I've only used the car one, but I couldn't seem to kill shit with it.

Within WillowInput.ini:

Search for [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput] and add the FOV bindings to the very end of this sub section.

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Putting the FOV bindings at the beginning of [Willowgame.WillowPlayerInput] doesn't work properly. I understand the ini files vary in subsection order depending what version you have (DVD retail or Steam), so just placing the bindings at the end of the file may not work

Hope that makes sense!

I'm not about to go through 44 pages of this thread, but is there a way to enable AA in the game? Forcing it through Nvidia control panel didn't work.

meaning at the very end of the file. The bindings work fine for me and I have the steam version.

Yes, the Steam version has the [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput] section at the end of the file the DVD version has it right at the beginning of the file

What kind of performance are some of you seeing? I am running 2x GTX 275's and I got the new SLI update which gave Borderlands a profile in the nvcp. I loaded up fraps and am seeing between 50-60 in the starting area. Does this sound about right? 1920x1200 every setting on high. I was expecting something much higher than this considering the graphics aren't all that sweet. Rest of my specs:

680i SLI A1
qx6850 @ 3.33ghz
4gb pc1066 ram

sounds about right, unfortunitly :(

On my rig (listed in my sig) I only get between 15-20fps with everything maxed out @ 1920x1080.

I have to turn off dynamic shadows, AO and set folliage to low to maintain a constant 60fps

does the real rocket launcher work better than the one attached to the vehicle? I've only used the car one, but I couldn't seem to kill shit with it.

10x better, I use the rocket launcher on brick, speced as balster master and it does hug damage, most enemies my lv are 1 or 2 shots, bruisers are about 4-5

Last edited:

680i SLI A1
qx6850 @ 3.33ghz
4gb pc1066 ram

sounds right, I turnt off shadows and ambient occlusion and my GTX260 (198core) can run the game at 1920x1080 avg about 40-50fps with 4xAA and everything else maxed

sounds about right, unfortunitly :(

On my rig (listed in my sig) I only get between 15-20fps with everything maxed out @ 1920x1080.

I have to turn off dynamic shadows, AO and set folliage to low to maintain a constant 60fps

Wow really? I haven't loaded up FRAPS, but your rig is ~same as mine plus some OC, game feels like it's running perfect, no slowdowns, no laggy spots. Settings are maxed, however I am running at 1680x1050. I'll have to load fraps tonight and see what I'm actually getting.

Wow really? I haven't loaded up FRAPS, but your rig is ~same as mine plus some OC, game feels like it's running perfect, no slowdowns, no laggy spots. Settings are maxed, however I am running at 1680x1050. I'll have to load fraps tonight and see what I'm actually getting.

yeah :( It will regularly hit 60 maxed out, but certain areas just bring it to its knees (or around 15-20fps) where I cannot deal with it. The configuration I listed keeps it at a constant 60 :)

Hmm, I'm not very far so maybe I just haven't gotten to a point that will drag it down yet. We'll see I guess.

I'm @ level 11 on my way to get the mine key. Just started playing last night.

I have a small problem, well i create a account via in game for online and says ''Log in failed, please log in into a live account'' Whats wrong here? :(

I just hit Lvl 31 with Lilith. Omfgahd. This game is addiciting
._____.
Only thing which irks me is when the quests demand you to go across five different maps or something and forces you to use a vehicle.

Vehicle controls = the suckage.

Edit:
I really should stop playing it on my free time and study my Mandarin...God..damnit...

Depends on which one you get.

I have a 400+ hit damage Blue Level RPG I found in Arid Badlands.:D Easily does 2-3 times as much damage as the one on the car. I used that same RPG with a support class ammo regen mod to take down Skagzilla in the Dahl Headland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else having difficulty completing the Scavenger Weapon Missions? There is always 1 piece that is missing on all 3 (Rifle, Sniper, Revolver). I literally looked everywhere for them and gave up.

._____.
Only thing which irks me is when the quests demand you to go across five different maps or something and forces you to use a vehicle.

Edit:
I really should stop playing it on my free time and study my Mandarin...God..damnit...

31? Bah. I only hit 25...but I have tons of oranges.
I have a small problem, well i create a account via in game for online and says ''Log in failed, please log in into a live account'' Whats wrong here? :(

You have to use your gamespy login.

The mouse steering on the vehicles is actually pretty good after a while, I kinda like it. It could be worse though, it could be like the Mako from Mass Effect.

Depends on which one you get.

I have a 400+ hit damage Blue Level RPG I found in Arid Badlands.:D Easily does 2-3 times as much damage as the one on the car. I used that same RPG with a support class ammo regen mod to take down Skagzilla in the Dahl Headland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else having difficulty completing the Scavenger Weapon Missions? There is always 1 piece that is missing on all 3 (Rifle, Sniper, Revolver). I literally looked everywhere for them and gave up.

There's a 1196 dmg rocket as a quest reward at the level 28 arena (well it was the quest reward for my brick, not sure if it's class based).

It shoots 4 rockets at once... not x4, but rather your whole magazine of 4 rockets. I think it's wasteful, but I keep it around if I for some reason need 4800 dmg at once...

My prefered rocket is a corrosive x3 shot (1 rocket = 3 shots, like a shotgun). It does good damage (~400), but most importantly it corrodes the hell out of anything it hits as a sweet bonus.

As for scavenging... I always get as high as possible and look around. They love to put parts on top of buildings / other objects.

Is there somewhere to store your guns? I keep selling them to the vending machine, I didn't look but I assume you lose money when you buy them back?

._____.

Edit:

Vehicle controls = Halo controls

Um, quick travel anyone?

Back