• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

i know but you guys were talking like you had the game
i have the game preordered on steam
 
I love the post apoc genre. But I want to spend my spare time on Dragon Age. When this drops in price I'll definitely buy it and try to convince friends to get it along with me.
 
I love the post apoc genre. But I want to spend my spare time on Dragon Age. When this drops in price I'll definitely buy it and try to convince friends to get it along with me.

It's 33.75 if you find 3 other ppl. There's a 4 pack discount just like L4D2.

It's been released on consoles since yesterday...

Key word "consoles." PC ppl are bitching up a storm because we get it on the 26th.
 
I love the post apoc genre. But I want to spend my spare time on Dragon Age. When this drops in price I'll definitely buy it and try to convince friends to get it along with me.

4 pack gets you the game for $35 instead of $50 ;)
 
It's 33.75 if you find 3 other ppl. There's a 4 pack discount just like L4D2.



Key word "consoles." PC ppl are bitching up a storm because we get it on the 26th.

I'm fine with getting it later as long as its got good video customization options and the like. I saw a bit of occasional slowdown and choppiness on xbox360 vids of the game.
 
It's 33.75 if you find 3 other ppl. There's a 4 pack discount just like L4D2.

Key word "consoles." PC ppl are bitching up a storm because we get it on the 26th.

Meh? Some people got it even earlier and I think it's already been pirated for the 360...
 
Meh? Some people got it even earlier and I think it's already been pirated for the 360...

IF someone got the PC version early it was either 1) pirated or 2) some B&M didn't know street release date. Neither of that matters because you have to register to play the game, and that is locked til the 26th.

Yes, it's been pirated to the 360. Yes, some people got the 360 version early. Hell, I posted a live stream of a guy playing the 360 version a few days ago because he got his copy early. Even the devs joined in to watch him play. He even played with the lead dev, Mikey Neumann.
 
Ya, any PC copies boughten earely wont work. All physical copies have securom that wont let you play untill the 26th, thye have said all copies made after lainch date will not come with this check . Also has securom cd check.

Steam version doesn't have any securom though
 
I'm still waiting for Steam support to cancel my original pre-order so I can buy with my friend's the 4-pack and save some cash :D
 
Nice, I'm on it.

Edit: Servers are too busy :(.

Yea, I was really excited initially. Then I realized, what is the point? I'm gonna install Win 7 x64 tonight (if it comes out around 12 am est) or tomorrow. Then I'll pre-load. Or is there something I'm missing?
 
Last edited:
Yea, I was really excited initially. Then I realized, what is the point? I'm gonna install Win 7 x64 tonight (if it comes out around 12 am est) or tomorrow. Then I'll pre-load. Or is there something I'm missing?

Well you could pre-load, then backup all the pre-load files before your clean install W7.
 
Have fun, I don't get mine until the 27th-28th. :( Wish I could just get em to send my upgrade key ahead so I can download/install it at midnight too.

I am only getting it tonight or tomorrow because I'm still a student at the uni (grad student soon).
 
Have you guys checked out the website?....its hilarious.

click on the Clap Trap

Definitely picking up this game.
 
At least the preload is nice and fast. :D

yaypreload.png
 
Glad they decided to start the preload 6 days before the release, nothing like a no preload...Good times

on a side note, servers are also busy for me
 
I believe the game ends up being 9 gigs or so. Come back and tell us how big the game is, please.

At 50% downloaded right now the borderlands folder is 3.33gb, so I figure it'll be around 7gb when done. :p
 
After 2 hours of randomly hitting preload it got thgouh, bt im getting bad speeds (50KB/s avg)

im at 3% with about 194mb downloaded so ya the game is roughly 6.5-7gigs
 
Last edited:
It's not like they couldn't have integrated the Xbox 360 controller to the PC side either... nothing wrong with that...
 
It's not like they couldn't have integrated the Xbox 360 controller to the PC side either... nothing wrong with that...

Not really a big deal more so than it is an eye sore. If a 360 controller were indeed connected to the game, then when you disconnect it, the "X" to reload should disappear.

Anyway, that wasn't the case. I dug around a little bit and that screenshot is mislabeled. It's actually from the 360 version. Let's up if that is the case that the X disappears when you don't have the pad plugged into the PC.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...erlands-20090819115033019.html?page=mediaFull
 
Not really a big deal more so than it is an eye sore. If a 360 controller were indeed connected to the game, then when you disconnect it, the "X" to reload should disappear.

Just saying it as an idea, I honestly don't care what the screen shots look like. As long as it looks and runs decent on my machine @ 2560 x 1600 that's all I care about.

I really doubt it'll have "PRESS R TO RELOAD LOL" everytime you're out of ammo... maybe the first time it happens as a "hint" but that goes away after the first time.

But we'll have to wait... I already paid for it so can't really change mah mind...
 
Someone on the the stream chat said something about a day one patch for the PC version. Anyone hear anything about it?

Edit: Still can't pre-load yet! Dammit!
 
Back
Top