SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Lol if a 100% residential can work, I wonder if a region with one city that is 100% residential, one that is 100% commercial and one that is 100% industrial. Also I guess one that is completely all the specializations lol.

This is fantastic. No water, no sewage, no electricity, 100% residential, 0% taxes results in super successful 1.8 Million population!

http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9

I tried to do the same a while ago. Problem is that my city kept burning up (over 20 fires at a time). I couldn't get past 700k since the buildings were burning at the same rate the sims were building them.

I don't have a problem with 100% residential working because sims can shop and work in the other cities as they do travel out of the region.

I do have a problem that no power/water/sewage can be successful. If you don't have those things people should start moving out immediately.

I have two issues someone can hopefully help me out with:

1. I can't get the railroad to work. I build a station on the tracks, connect the parking lot to the main road. No trains come in. Is there something else I need in addition to the train station to get trains coming in?

2. There is something up with delivery trucks. They are causing traffic jams inside my city. They will get in the exit lane to drive into my city from the region. Then when they finally get into my city, they pull a U-turn the first chance they get and leave. Then repeat all over again. This causes the entrance to my city to be deadlocked with delivery trucks and my industry gets shut down due to no imports/exports. Combine this my my trains not working. All I have is ships and they don't move the cargo fast enough.

So.. Looking on Amazon, there's already DLC for this game. City sets are $10 each, or I found a double pack for $15:
German city set for $10.
French and Brittish city sets for $15.

Yep, theyve been around since day one. There are craptons of DLC that have been unearthed by people data mining the game files -- marinas, theme parks with rides, etc but I get the feeling EA-Maxis are actually squeamish about releasing anything more until they get a major patch out or two and get some distance from the botched launch and associated bad press.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What everyone has been waiting for!!!!

164639_10151554295354866_1149794469_n.jpg

yeah lets not fix all the issues and just release in-game advertising.

Must buy now, with the Nissan Leaf in there.

"Dump the pump", more like "Take a dump all over this game".

Log-in is closed at this time... I just want a screen saver while I program on my other comp blah

meh its free i dont see a problem.

and releasing DLC has generally nothing to do with fixing bugs because most of that work is done by the art department so fixing bugs is not really their thing.

the only reason to possibly complain would be that it actually brings real world products into the game. but im guessing its still optional to use it?

so lets break it down,
optional
free
people making it do not fix bugs

i just do not see a problem with it.

meh its free i dont see a problem.

and releasing DLC has generally nothing to do with fixing bugs because most of that work is done by the art department so fixing bugs is not really their thing.

the only reason to possibly complain would be that it actually brings real world products into the game. but im guessing its still optional to use it?

so lets break it down,
optional
free
people making it do not fix bugs

i just do not see a problem with it.

Maybe because they are releasing DLC before the game is "fixed?" Wait, I guess asking for a game to work correctly before shoving the DLC cock down everyone's throat is perfectly acceptable to you...

Maybe because they are releasing DLC before the game is "fixed?" Wait, I guess asking for a game to work correctly before shoving the DLC cock down everyone's throat is perfectly acceptable to you...

yes it is, free dlc is just that, free content.

and if the people that made it have nothing better to do because they are in the art department, why not bring in some more money from a company like nissan or who ever wants to pay for that content.

all i see is a bunch of bitching for no reason.

and if the people that made it have nothing better to do because they are in the art department, why not bring in some more money from a company like nissan or who ever wants to pay for that content.

Besides advertising what did this "free content" add to the game?

LOL...your comment almost made be spit up my coffee...I'm glad you weren't actually serious!

I like how broken this game is and how impossible it is to build great wonder even if you are cheating (sandbox mode). I mean I left the game on to make metal and mine ore for 8hrs on cheetah speed with all the cheats enabled and 25million in cash only to come back and see that apparently buildings still catch on fire when fire is off and I have a big ass fire station right next to the buildings that burned down. Also only delivered 1600 tons of the 2500 tons to my great wonder and I was producing 400 tons a day of metal. Broken broken game. Also I have 2 trade depots with roughly 1600 tons of metal stored. WTF were the delivery trucks doing seriously.

It's been documented that this game is broken, yet people continue to buy it, ignoring the fact that the developers themselves don't give a shit and are blind to the issues.

I really don't get it.

common, its the same like diablo cracks, you will never get full game experience in cracked online game.

I bet you will with this one, since it's already been proven it can run without the server connection.

Problem is, who wants to even bother pirating it, given how broken the mechanics are at a fundamental level? I have no real interest in playing it, pirated or not.

I bet you will with this one, since it's already been proven it can run without the server connection.

Problem is, who wants to even bother pirating it, given how broken the mechanics are at a fundamental level? I have no real interest in playing it, pirated or not.

You know the toilet is clogged with so much shit at Maxis...especially when people don't even want to pirate the damn thing.

I also noticed the cruise(?) ship clips through the road quite nicely:rolleyes:

Eh, that's honestly not *that* bad. The ship is supposed to go across the water, they just didn't work out any mechanics for what happens when you block its route. I'd still say floating, upside-down buildings are far worse than ships clipping through bridges. Especially when the buildings spend a long period of time happily attached to the ground only to suddenly leap into the air and begin spinning.

I dunno, if you make it so you can have roads going over water it would make sense to make the ships not just drive right through it...

Especially when the buildings spend a long period of time happily attached to the ground only to suddenly leap into the air and begin spinning.

Wait.
WUUUUUUUUUUT?

Are you serious? This happens? LOL! I must see this...

My friend is marrying this guy whom, while being a nice guy, turns out to be a middle manager at EA. When I met him, I half-jokingly, half-seriously referred to his company as "the evil empire" of video game publishing. When he was legitimately puzzled and asked me why, I explained that he works for the company that gamers love to hate because of X, Y, Z (you all know).

He had no idea that a contingent of gamers actively dislike his company for the perceived negative impact they have on the industry. He is a gamer himself, so I found it puzzling and a bit sad. Oh, and this was before the SimCity launch. I'll bet after this debacle he has had some time to reflect on our conversation a bit with a new perspective. :p

He probably laughed when you walked away.

Last edited:
Back