SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

He probably laughed when you walked away.

"Hah, hah, that stupid fool, my company IS THE BEST...!"

EA is definitely the Columbia (in Bioshock) of the world. Oblivious to everything else around them, and blindly doing shit that makes everyone else mad.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the multiplayer aspect of the game. It ended up that I was surrounded by people who decided to make their towns the crime capitals of the world, so I ended up getting imported crime, and despite having a solid police force in a highly wealthy city, I couldn't keep up, which lead to massive arson, murders, etc.
That is actually the only reason I play multiplayer, is to setup a massive "evil" crimelord city, to troll my neighbors.

If I want to be productive, single player is much better since you can specialize your cities and trade exactly what suits each best.

There's something to be proud of

For this game? I certainly wouldnt lose a seconds sleep if everyone pirated it just to see how awful it turned out.

Was actually thinking about it myself because im sure as shit not paying for it but its not worth the effort.

Besides, once it is actually cracked this will be one of the few games that actually offers a better experience pirated than bought so im all for it.

Honestly, even playing a "cracked version" is not worth your time with the whole sim engine totally broken in it's current state.

There's something to be proud of

I'm someone who paid for the game -- and didn't get to play my 100% legal and legit version for more than about 2 hours in the first two weeks of it's release.

When I can't access something I paid for -- bet your ass I'm going to get my money back.

Believe it or not this game is actually SO bad, and SO broken, it's not even worth pirating.... yup, it's actually that bad.

The whole story of "pirates are wrecking the industry" is such bullshit too. Look at me, they had a paying legit customer on the line, pre-ordered like a good little citizen. Look what happened. I (and everyone else got screwed to the wall)

All EA had to do was put out something that worked, and something that was fun. Apparently that's too hard to do (even when you have a guaranteed formula for success i.e. the previous SimCity games)

They did this to themselves -- plain and simple. They had millions of people lined up and ready to pay. Screw them and their crappy game.

yea, i was ready to buy this game, i just didnt have money to preorder it at the time, so i just waited, im glad i did

Yeah, this game sux goat balls. The simulation part of it doesn't even work right, so if you just want to build a small town with no rhyme or reason for anything happening in that town then this is the game for you. This game does not follow any laws of nature or physics in our universe. It's like bizarro world or some shit, with the way the 'simulation' works.

I am so fuckin pissed I actually paid for this game and was hyped about it. The biggest let down of a game I've ever experienced in my life.

tl:dr - don't buy game, it sucks.

This is too funny.. Today EA-Maxis announced the Mac version of SimCity for June 11. Meanwhile the PC version is still totally broken and little more than an interactive screensaver.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9432981.page#0

Rofl that thread is awesome. On the plus side, didn't they readd cheetah speed today? Does that mean the game is almost back where it was when it came out?

Yeah, this game sux goat balls. The simulation part of it doesn't even work right, so if you just want to build a small town with no rhyme or reason for anything happening in that town then this is the game for you. This game does not follow any laws of nature or physics in our universe. It's like bizarro world or some shit, with the way the 'simulation' works.

I am so fuckin pissed I actually paid for this game and was hyped about it. The biggest let down of a game I've ever experienced in my life.

tl:dr - don't buy game, it sucks.

Don't insult Bizzarro World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ROXLtorwY

Who. Who the hell is still seriously playing this and thinking it's "Just fine"?

Let's gather up a pitchfork and torch party to beat them.

It's worked fine for me since day 2 of release. Not sure how it's fucked.

Honestly, I'm with you on this one. I bought SimCity the day after release and haven't had all the problems everyone is complaining about. Got BF3 as my free game and have been having FUN playing both games

Honestly, I'm with you on this one. I bought SimCity the day after release and haven't had all the problems everyone is complaining about. Got BF3 as my free game and have been having FUN playing both games

You guys haven't experienced any of the issues related to the worst AI in a game ever?

never to the point where I get worked up and mad about them

Archer75 said:
It's worked fine for me since day 2 of release. Not sure how it's fucked.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Who. Who the hell is still seriously playing this and thinking it's "Just fine"?

Let's gather up a pitchfork and torch party to beat them.

I don't know 2.0 is coming out soon. Guild Wars 2 and this is pretty disappointed. I played SC a lot less than GW2, but SimCity has a greater appeal for instance my wife still plays Simcity.

I played SC a lot less than GW2, but SimCity has a greater appeal for instance my wife still plays Simcity.

No offense but thats not exactly an endorsement, since one of the big complaints is that it was watered down for the Sims/farmville/facebook/casual crowd. Once you play for about an hour things quickly deteriorate as you realize how much shit is broken, how the inter-regional play is broken, how the 'simulation' isnt really a simulation but watching a pretty screensaver. Once you start trying to make sense of it beyond surface level - like actually expecting your actions amount to something in terms of the simulation aspect - thats where the heartache lies and thats where you'll beat your heat into the wall. And its not just bugs at issue here, its fundamental design problems and shortsightedness. I was pretty enamored with the game for the first 5, 6, 7 hours as well - then I got past the facade and interest dropped off a cliff and all that remained was the minigame of creating clever road designs until that too loses its charm.

Last edited:
I don't know 2.0 is coming out soon. Guild Wars 2 and this is pretty disappointed. I played SC a lot less than GW2, but SimCity has a greater appeal for instance my wife still plays Simcity.

ROAF! I missed you buddy! Start using steam. Also PM me your steam info. Do I already have it actually??

No offense but thats not exactly an endorsement, since one of the big complaints is that it was watered down for the Sims/farmville/facebook/casual crowd. Once you play for about an hour things quickly deteriorate as you realize how much shit is broken, how the inter-regional play is broken, how the 'simulation' isnt really a simulation but watching a pretty screensaver. Once you start trying to make sense of it beyond surface level - like actually expecting your actions amount to something in terms of the simulation aspect - thats where the heartache lies and thats where you'll beat your heat into the wall. And its not just bugs at issue here, its fundamental design problems and shortsightedness. I was pretty enamored with the game for the first 5, 6, 7 hours as well - then I got past the facade and interest dropped off a cliff and all that remained was the minigame of creating clever road designs until that too loses its charm.

+1

This is exactly my problem with it! Once you actually get past the road layout, you will realize that there is NO simulation running behind the facade, its all fake number generation. Plus, there is almost no way of your city failing. You can spend spend spend, taking out max loans, and somehow you city will recover into a positive loan balance thanks to the fake-ass shit fake simulation.

Simcity is a big, lumpy, steaming, pile of shit. It's not even worth a bargain bin pickup if you are actually serious about a city sim. Are you listening people, do not buy it even at $9.99, you will be disappointed!

This game was made for the Farmville crowd, plain and simple.

Once this game is $9.99 on sale in the bargain bin, I will grab it and try it out.

BINGO. And by that time, maybe it will be modded / hacked to increase the allowable city size so it sorta resembles the previous games in the series.

+1 on the fake ass fakery

I think it's a bit funny too -- our society on the whole has turned into the crap hole where everyone is entitled and "everyone is a winner" no matter how bad you screw up way of thinking.

Sadly SimCity was built in this age where no matter the dumb moves you make in your city -- it magically works itself out and people still stay.

Outside of the topic of video games -- I would say overall it sucks that society seems to have lost the balls to be able to call a loser a loser. Or tell someone they have failed and not get sued. Catering to the lowest common denominator is the problem... in so many aspects of a functioning working society. The whole mindset of "if it's hard, just quit" is so evident in more and more parts of this country, it's really really sad when you think about it.

+1 on the fake ass fakery

I think it's a bit funny too -- our society on the whole has turned into the crap hole where everyone is entitled and "everyone is a winner" no matter how bad you screw up way of thinking.

Sadly SimCity was built in this age where no matter the dumb moves you make in your city -- it magically works itself out and people still stay.

Outside of the topic of video games -- I would say overall it sucks that society seems to have lost the balls to be able to call a loser a loser. Or tell someone they have failed and not get sued. Catering to the lowest common denominator is the problem... in so many aspects of a functioning working society. The whole mindset of "if it's hard, just quit" is so evident in more and more parts of this country, it's really really sad when you think about it.

Also going off-topic, I have to agree with you. Telling someone that they need to do something better results in utter disappointment and anger from all those around, as now you're labeled a dick. In reality, they could all work a little harder and do things better. The fact of the matter, is that we all need to improve at what we do daily. No one's perfect, but the path to perfection should be a lifelong pursuit. People are too lazy and are self-entitled pricks to not take shit like that to heart. :rolleyes:

I turned the taxes down to zero for shits and giggles. Population skyrocketed, and then the city started to spontaneously combust. It was quite comical.

I turned the taxes down to zero for shits and giggles. Population skyrocketed, and then the city started to spontaneously combust. It was quite comical.

Everyone knows that taxes are the only thing stopping everyone from becoming pyros.

+1

This is exactly my problem with it! Once you actually get past the road layout, you will realize that there is NO simulation running behind the facade, its all fake number generation. Plus, there is almost no way of your city failing. You can spend spend spend, taking out max loans, and somehow you city will recover into a positive loan balance thanks to the fake-ass shit fake simulation.

Simcity is a big, lumpy, steaming, pile of shit. It's not even worth a bargain bin pickup if you are actually serious about a city sim. Are you listening people, do not buy it even at $9.99, you will be disappointed!

This game was made for the Farmville crowd, plain and simple.

YES MAN, AMEN TO THAT! I too fell off that cliff after I came to the same realization and have not been back since. Took me about the same 4-5 hours to fully grasp that this was just a shadow of what the previous Sim City games were. I can honestly say that the original Sim City had a more sophisticated and complex simuation engine behind it.

As others have said after a few hours and the "new" wears off, people will get a feel for just how hollow and empty this game really is.

To me -- nothing was more frustrating than having no room to build anything. I'd love to ass X and Y, but damn... I kinda need everything else that's already there (power/water/industry) blah blah blah.

The only real game time I got in was the few hours right as the game went live from EA. After morning hit, the servers were already toast. In that small amount of time I was able to pretty much max my city out in terms of space. Was quite frustrating -- they already botched the launch so hard it left a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths.

If I head they stripped the required DRM/server/cloud shit, fixed traffic, fixed the fake population, and (at minimum) quadrupled the build-able city size.... only then would I consider picking it up again for maybe 15 or 20 dollars. (got my refund originally from Amazon -- love those guys)

YES MAN, AMEN TO THAT! I too fell off that cliff after I came to the same realization and have not been back since. Took me about the same 4-5 hours to fully grasp that this was just a shadow of what the previous Sim City games were. I can honestly say that the original Sim City had a more sophisticated and complex simuation engine behind it.

I donno, I had a city with a nuclear plant and university/college/HS/MS
things ran fine for ages. City was around 160k inhabitants. Around that mark, the power plant started saying its workers were low education and i should have more educated sims...even though I had all the education facilities. Power plant melted down, left it on cheeta for an hour, came back and city was empty.

games like this are why I rarely purchase a game on launch day, the last one I did was skyrim. They should be ashamed of themselves of creating another farmville and trying to charge 60 bucks for it.

Some of these developers/publishers are really starting to get too cocky for their own good in just doing whatever it takes to squeeze every last cent out of people at the expense of the game itself, and need to just fail.

Assuming everything said in the below review is true, this game is one big moneygrab and nothing more.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2QI8K...7VTVRFA&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I donno, I had a city with a nuclear plant and university/college/HS/MS
things ran fine for ages. City was around 160k inhabitants. Around that mark, the power plant started saying its workers were low education and i should have more educated sims...even though I had all the education facilities. Power plant melted down, left it on cheeta for an hour, came back and city was empty.

To really see how empty the simulation is, just set your taxes to zero and put nothing but residential zones and see the ridiculousness that ensues.

Back