SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by DennisK4, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DennisK4

DennisK4 Limp Gawd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buxaroo

Buxaroo Gawd

o.0

is it true? Hath god spoketh? Hell hath frozen over~!

ps, was this information done through Google translate? Cus that is some serious disjointed English if I ever saw it.

3. Vorret

Vorret [H]ard|Gawd

Finally.
    Very excited about this, even those some part of the article made no sense (am I crazy to think that?)

4. SilverSliver

SilverSliver Beat It To Deformation

I like the idea of co-op with other people. Will be fun to know that when you build a road to the end of the map, it's actually going somewhere. The article has been Google Translated from German.

edit -- I also like the idea of specialized cities, ie specializing in power plants to sell power to neighbors and the such. Hopefully they make the game as robust as they can, and not dumb it down to consoles.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. tikicult

tikicult [H]ard|Gawd

This had better be real... and hopefully none of this simplified SC Societies crap.

6. ScYcS

ScYcS 2[H]4U

7. yowen

yowen Gawd

Specialized cities would be really awesome, it seems like it would be more realistic as that what cities in this day and age do too.

IE, Detroit - automotive, Small towns - farming, fishing, etc., Los Angeles - film, tech....

8. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

9. Vorret

Vorret [H]ard|Gawd

Somewhere in the dev room of Cities XL a bunch of programmers just went "awww crap"

10. Ryan45

Ryan45 Limp Gawd

If this is real then :) :) :) :)

11. Spewn

Spewn 2[H]4U

Not getting too excited about this. If it ends up really being a real successor to Sim City 4, then great. But really, in the age of the great DLC gods, do you really expect we'll see the same flexibility in a new Sim City? I'd love it if they embraced the mod community and built the next city-builder to be just as customizable, and honestly that alone might be enough to get me to buy the game...but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

12. ObiDamnKenobi

ObiDamnKenobi Limp Gawd

Looks like google translate from German. With their backwards sentence structure it get's messy.

Looks really good though! Haven't been into it since sim city 2000, so feel it's time:D Tried the demo of CitiesXL and found it rather meh.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  13. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger [H]ard as it Gets

This sounds relevant to my interests :D!

14. NKDietrich

NKDietrich [H]ardness Supreme

SIMCITY 5? Bricks. They have been shat. Other city builders have been pretty lackluster and SC4 doesn't play nice with modern hardware even with all the tweaks in the world.

15. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

this day and age it will be dumbed down so a 5 year old can play it.. if this had come out 5 years ago it would probably be a true successor to simcity 4.. but i honestly don't have much hope for it following the original simcity games.

but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'm completely wrong.

you could actually do specialized cities in simcity 4.. problem was you'd end up going bankrupt really fast in the cities that didn't produce anything.. but i use to use the money cheat so i could create them correctly.. have one block as all windmill power in the mountains. then the giant sections would be huge cities while the smaller ones were fields and industrial area's along the water. it was pretty cool but i lost my save file a while ago.

16. pahriah

pahriah n00b

Nice looking game but the list of issues make me wonder when it will really be released.

17. Dashboard

Dashboard Limp Gawd

If this is true and it is released... I'm happy :D

18. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE...

We have only been waiting since 2004 for an update to Simcity...and that bullshit of Simcity Societies does not count....

I still play SImcity 4 all the time late at night when I want to build...my current city has over 2.5 million sims in it....WOuld be nice if I could upgrade that to version 5 :)

I am just happy none the less...8 years is a long time to wait for a new version...

19. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

I have had no issues playing SImcity 4 at all...other then disabling SLI and running @ 1600x1200. The game still looks great to me...never crashes...just don't run SLI or Crossfire...

20. quadnad

quadnad [H]ardness Supreme

fucking FINALLY! It's great that we're finally going to see a sequel.

Regarding the SC4 discussion, I also have issues running the game on my sig rig at 19x12 despite including all the tweaks I could find. It also still runs like balls. I wish they would have released a patch to make it play nicely with newer hardware, hell I'd pay more just to have it!

21. limitedaccess

limitedaccess [H]ardness Supreme

This is actually a bit interesting as well in terms of market developments. You had SWTOR, and to some extent BF3, as PC centric developments recently. Generals 2 was confirmed and now this rumor of Simcity 4. Internally they also seem to be more inclined to use Frostbite 2.

I was actually thinking about getting something like Cities XL or Anno but now... :p

22. That's_Corporate

That's_Corporate [H]ard|Gawd

looks

freaking

GORGEOUS!

insane art style! i love it!

23. sirmonkey1985

if you get any building game to hold you over for the next year or so i'd suggest anno unless you can find cities XL 2011 for 5 bucks or less. cities XL 2012 is the exact same game as 2011 except it has all the 2011 patches included in it already.

the game will always run like balls. i believe the one thing that fixes it is making sure you have the render set to hardware instead of software and set it to run in windows xp SP2 compatibility mode. but its an old ass game thats not designed for multicore or modern graphic cards. i get about 30fps in the game, laggy but still playable.

24. hdawg06

hdawg06 2[H]4U

I love Sim City games. I have been hoping for another for a long time.

25. Glyphic

Glyphic [H]ard|Gawd

26. somehipster

somehipster [H]Lite

Now we just need a Sim Tower.

27. Jalidi

Jalidi [H]ard|Gawd

I might actually buy this. Although I think the series honestly peaked with Simcity 2000 I've still played and enjoyed them all and really no other citybuilder ever since. 19x12 will be glorious.

28. FreiDOg

FreiDOg [H]ardness Supreme

well, that brings a little smile to my face.

29. dr.stevil

dr.stevil [H]ardForum Junkie

outstanding. It better not be an origin exclusive

30. drako

drako 2[H]4U

For the low cost of $10, you can get the day 1 Power Up DLC, which adds power plants to the game! Only on Origin! :eek:

31. NKDietrich

NKDietrich [H]ardness Supreme

It'll either be really good and an Origin exclusive, or it'll be a pile of crap you can buy anywhere. Just so EA can troll people. Calling it! :p

32. evilsofa

evilsofa [H]ardForum Junkie

I don't think that SC4 fans are going to get what they want. The game has been so long dormant that it's going to be a whole different kind of design team doing it, using the lessons they've learned about how to make trainloads of money from The Sims.

For you old timers, here's Lincity for Windows, which is the Windows version of the Linux version of the open source version of the original Simcity. Edit: which turns out to be not look like the old Simcity that I remember, oh well.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  33. orangeblue

orangeblue Limp Gawd

I never thought I would see the day. If this is fake, may god have mercy on the soul of whoever thought this would be a good joke.

But what's with all the negativity in every thread I've seen about this topic (here and elsewhere)?
    - Origin: Are people seriously still throwing hissy fits if a game only comes out on Origin? This is a game that's rumored to maybe be 2 years away from release, at best, and you're already whining because it might be an Origin exclusive... come on.

- DLC: As someone who really enjoyed Sim City 4, I would highly welcome more regular DLC updates for this game. We waited over a year for one expansion pack - Rush Hour, and that was all we got for official upgrades. Now, my position is under the assumption that they will release mod tools or make the game open enough to mod (like they did in the past games) so that the users can make their own custom content (new buildings, game play changes, etc). If that's not the case, and the only venue for new content is DLC, then I will be pissed.

34. Xae

Xae Limp Gawd

Be great to be able to Sim Tower inside of Sim City along with some other stuff for funsies.

35. mda

mda [H]ard|Gawd

I honestly felt like SimCity has been degenerating since SimCity 2000/3 days. SimCity 4 was nice, but was like a dead cat bounce in the series.

I hope this reboots the franchise.

36. Vorret

Vorret [H]ard|Gawd

SC4 in itself isn't the greatest, it's the community that makes it the best Sim City in the serie.

The amount of content you can download for that game is mind blowing

37. quadnad

quadnad [H]ardness Supreme

Unfortunately even with that tweak I still sometimes get CTDs, which makes building a city quite frustrating. Thinking about it, I'm a little surprised with a game this adored but neglected by developers that there has been no 'fan patch' like we see with lots of other games?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  38. dr.stevil

dr.stevil [H]ardForum Junkie

nah... SC4 is still an awesome game. I do think they could of done more with it, but it's still great as-is.

SimCity Societies, I'd whole heartedly agree :p

man... how amazing would it be if they added in all the old maxis 'sims' games inside SC5? Simant, simtower, sim themepark, etc

A nerd can dream

39. sirmonkey1985

oh yeah i get those two.. i've gotten in the habbit of saving every 10-15 minutes. i'm not sure if there is much to patch and if they even have access to that part of the game to fix any of the problems. i'm pretty sure the CTD's and other issues are all engine related so we're screwed as far as that goes.

40. FreiDOg

FreiDOg [H]ardness Supreme

'Societies' was running off in another direction trying to marry up the Sims with Sim City by a developer who had experience with neither; but Maxis has never really gone wrong with Sim City.
    2000 may be the most fondly remembered, but 2000, 3 and 4 have all be quality, fun, games.