Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My current config:

current config:
20200331_152944.jpg

Looks cool, but that's a scary setup, man. Hope you don't live in an earthquake zone or have lots of little kids and/or pets running around. Any sudden shifting of those glass tables could send your beautiful 4K TVs straight to the floor.

Just the 3 of us here -- me, myself, and I. :)

Ya I dont let friends bring kids over.

Earthquakes can happen anywhere - had a few rumbles in the area last week - even a 4.something.

Last edited:
I'm sure he only playing on one of them. Hell the two 49"rs aren't even the same model. You can tell by the difference in lag.
Actually they're 38", and the panels are basically the same.
I do play on the 175 hz 3840x1600 panel since using all the screens at 60hz will make you vomit quickly.

And then there are the bezels... Yes, I hate the bezels, but they are the thinnest I could find.

I just flip the LED mode to single monitor for games, and quad LED mode for all 4 when im not gaming.

Actually they're 38", and the panels are basically the same.
I do play on the 175 hz 3840x1600 panel since using all the screens at 60hz will make you vomit quickly.

And then there are the bezels... Yes, I hate the bezels, but they are the thinnest I could find.

I just flip the LED mode to single monitor for games, and quad LED mode for all 4 when im not gaming.

I'm green with envy!

Update from my last post:
https://hardforum.com/threads/show-your-lcd-s-setups.862341/page-591#post-1044437135

Wound up moving to a powered standing/sitting desk, and added 280 independently controlled LEDs (WS2812s) on the back running at 60 FPS (supporting single monitor for games, or all 4 monitors for everything).

View attachment 244365

Single screen pixel detection layout:

Could you provide us with what monitor stand(s)/mounts that you are using by chance? I love this setup!

Thanks much,
-Nigel

What do you need 144hz for at work?

Edit: that probably came out more aggressive than intended just legitimately wondering what use case you have or if its just a visual preference for the user.

We do a lot of cad stuff, and it looks nicer when you're rotating a drawing smoothly.

And he's the ops manager, and a tech enthusiast.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is my latest setup:

NewLCD.jpg

Went on something of an LCD shopping spree. Tested a bunch of monitors (and sold the ones I didn't like).

Narrowed it down to an LG 34" UWQHD (34GN850-B) as my main monitor, an MSI 24" FHD (G24C4) for the top left and an ASUS 28" UHD (VG289Q) for the right.

Got my favorite movies, Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix running on loop on the top monitors. And, of course, some anime figures to keep me company in these trying times.

Bias lighting was a $15 kit on Amazon. Unfortunately does not sync with screen, but I can set it to different solid colors on the phone app.

How is your OLED experience so far? With the limited research I've done so far I would be concerned about "burn-in" if I went the OLED route.
It's been wonderful so far. I've kept the screen between 0-30 OLED light since I got it so as to try and stave off burn-in. I've watched a few movies and played a few games in HDR with the brightness cranked, and let me tell you... the TV is jaw-droppingly gorgeous with the right content. There's a reason so many people say that it's very hard to use LCD after using OLED; it's just beautiful.

I'll try and keep ya'll updated as time goes on.

20200913_074908.png

Here's my gaming setup. LG 32" and a little older but still relevant Intel i7-6700K with Nvidia 1080 gpu. New LG monitor and new Razor Black shark headphones! Not ready to pay for 4K gaming yet. Probably next year, but right now I'm really happy with this new LG monitor. Star Wars Battlefront II looks superb on it!

I'm still doing the mancave up!

Attachments

• IMG_8935.JPG
    IMG_8935.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8936.JPG
    IMG_8936.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8937.JPG
    IMG_8937.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8938.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8939.JPG
    IMG_8939.JPG
    875.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8940.JPG
    IMG_8940.JPG
    903.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8942.JPG
    IMG_8942.JPG
    860.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8941.JPG
    IMG_8941.JPG
    891.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8943.JPG
    IMG_8943.JPG
    955.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8944.JPG
    IMG_8944.JPG
    916.6 KB · Views: 0
Really miss a good PLP setup. Gone are the days of the Dell/HP 30" monitors flagged on each side with Dell 2007FPs.

What are you running?
Hi Fritzz, I've been dreaming of this PLP for quite some years, anyhow it's here, loving it!
Hardware:
Tower: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop p690-0073w - 16GB Ram, i5-9400f, GTX 1660Ti and storage.
Display: 2x Dell U2719 and Samsung 43" UHD 4K Smart TV NU7090.

Software: Manjaro Linux 99% of the time. Windows 10 the other 1%. I use this setup for software development having a lot of screen sure does help.

I'm still doing the mancave up!
How many users concurrently possible? Thinking of setting up 3 systems for me and my 2 boys + another HTPC/Storage Server. Wondering if any consideration has to be given to power management? Worried about overloading that section of the house. If I had to guess PSUs, 1 1000W and 3 850W.

How many users concurrently possible? Thinking of setting up 3 systems for me and my 2 boys + another HTPC/Storage Server. Wondering if any consideration has to be given to power management? Worried about overloading that section of the house. If I had to guess PSUs, 1 1000W and 3 850W.
So your PSU size doesn't matter so much as your actual power draw based off your usage.
About 500w of actual usage (extremely high gaming demand with a higher end CPU and GPU) will draw about 3-4 amps.

If you're in the US most circuits are 15 amps, which is enough for several PCs, however they are often on the same circuit as the lights and other outlets in the room which add to that load.
Best way is to turn off the breaker for the room and identify if its all the same circuit or not and go from there (if there are multiple circuits in the room you should be good just balance the load).

If you get them mid-lower range machines you probably wont have too much issue especially if you go something efficient like the 3600/5600 processors (65w tdp) and/or 10 series cards gpus which are much lower power usage.
Again this is assuming all 3 machines pull a heavy load simultaneously which is unlikely as well unless you're all playing the same game together.

So your PSU size doesn't matter so much as your actual power draw based off your usage.
About 500w of actual usage (extremely high gaming demand with a higher end CPU and GPU) will draw about 3-4 amps.

If you're in the US most circuits are 15 amps, which is enough for several PCs, however they are often on the same circuit as the lights and other outlets in the room which add to that load.
Best way is to turn off the breaker for the room and identify if its all the same circuit or not and go from there (if there are multiple circuits in the room you should be good just balance the load).

If you get them mid-lower range machines you probably wont have too much issue especially if you go something efficient like the 3600/5600 processors (65w tdp) and/or 10 series cards gpus which are much lower power usage.
Again this is assuming all 3 machines pull a heavy load simultaneously which is unlikely as well unless you're all playing the same game together.
Mine would be the higher end machine, mid for the two boys. This will likely be in the basement where there will also be a small home theatre...nothing major, but likely in a different area so should be a different circuit. Would like the option of all playing at the same time. Good idea about testing at the breaker box. Thanks.
Getting some good ideas on monitors and home setups here...still running a single old Dell FPW 2408.

Sorry for the late reply.

So all my mancave plug sockets are on the same circuit.

1. The main PC on the left is a 1000w power supply, the 42"screen is about 50w, the logitech speakers are 240 max so at its most stressed = 1290watts

2. The Middle computer is an 24" all in one vaio and is only 150 watts max

3. The one on the right is a nintendo switch hooked up to a 43" tv and is only about 60watts max

4 The Main console rig is a 55" TV hooked mostly to a first rev PS4 a VR and a 5.1 system so 800 watts max

5. Home Business server which you cant see which is 400 watts

all the other small items are minimal charging devices so call all that 100 watts max.

So in total about 2900 watts max.

I whacked everything on max with sound at a bare-able level and my home test kit said i was pulling 12.3 amps. Its on a 20amp breaker for future use as ill be adding the PS5 soon and another 43" Screen! I could in theory have 7-9 simultaneous players on Fortnite if i included the tab s6, the Xperia 5 ii, the vaio and split screen on the ps4 and 5 lol

We're gamers as you can see so we all play Rocket League on 4 players, 3 play Fortnite (soon so be 4 Player), 2 Player Apex Legends (Soon to be 3 Player) or we all just play our own game and it sounds like an arcade! Oh the nostalgia!

Back