Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I recently ditched my 40” 4K 60hz for a 120hz ultra wide 1440p Alienware... i miss the real estate a little but 120hz with G-sync is so buttery smooth. Kind of a shitty dark pic.. heh.. I'll take some better pics. The monitor is gorgeous, very sleek design.

CF4D374A-309E-47CB-978F-9793A210D383.jpeg

I recently ditched my 40” 4K 60hz for a 120hz ultra wide 1440p Alienware... i miss the real estate a little but 120hz with G-sync is so buttery smooth. Kind of a shitty dark pic.. heh.. I'll take some better pics. The monitor is gorgeous, very sleek design.

View attachment 157330
I've been thinking of doing the same with my 40" Samsung. That Dell 38" is the leading contender, but I'm waiting for more info on the forthcoming Asus and Acer 43" monitors with 144hz before puling the trigger.

I've been thinking of doing the same with my 40" Samsung. That Dell 38" is the leading contender, but I'm waiting for more info on the forthcoming Asus and Acer 43" monitors with 144hz before puling the trigger.

Yeah I should have waited but I am likely going to sell this one when those larger 144hz+ displays are available and scoop one of those.

No longer a gamer. Here is my new work setup.
View attachment 157329
I have done a similar setup more recently. I have 2 coffee lake nucs hooked up to my audio amp, usb kvm, and 35" 120hz ultrawide. I love the speed of these little machines with low power usage and heat. I keep one nuc on linux and the other windows. I should have gone all out for the 38" higher resolution ultra wide but 35" 3440x1440 is working decently.

My first attempt at wall mounting anything, and yes came management will come

Attachments

• 20190127_113150.jpg
    20190127_113150.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 0
I also recently got the 3818dw. It's a really good monitor and running everything including sound with one USB C connection to the Surface Book 2 is quite nice (includes power back to the SB2). Nice setup, Klipsch and all :)

Some changes. Bigger front speakers with atmos speakers on top. More compact stand to bring the speakers inward and lower the TV to make it eye level for gaming. Moved existing front speakers to the rear. Added ambient lighting to the rear of the display. Oh, and a new Logitech 950 remote to control everything.
KiPWz9t.jpg

J3K7z2v.jpg

Hm75AHF.jpg

Updated desk setup. It's an IKEA desktop on Alex drawers.

Ultrawide is an Alienware AW3418DW (1440p).
The smaller monitor below is a 13.3" (1080p) monitor.

HzSzDqz.jpg

Attachments

• mkYU9Yu.jpg
    mkYU9Yu.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Asus 24" 180hz is on the floor since last build knocked framerate down.

In the middle of taking my gaming build apart bc I'm spending entirely too much time playi
IMG_20190630_230114.jpg
ng since I've got an X34, a 271hu, and the 1080p 180hz to rotate for optimal play experience.

Asus 24" 180hz is on the floor since last build knocked framerate down.

In the middle of taking my gaming build apart bc I'm spending entirely too much time playiView attachment 171351 ng since I've got an X34, a 271hu, and the 1080p 180hz to rotate for optimal play experience.

Hate to say it man but you might want to use some of your brains to hit some of that focus button.

Here is my recent setup of my office. Office furniture are a set from Office Max. Got it on sale+coupon. Its decent but would not withstand moving unless fully broken down. The Desk is broken into 2 parts it and the hutch.

27inch 1440P 60HZ Catleap Q270 IPS on an Vivo Monitor Arm
20inch Dell 2007WFP VA Panel in Portrait mode
Creative 2.0 T20's under the monitor

2dlkm8k.jpg

33cn8qo.jpg

Wn1xNEL.jpg

TOaEtkw

Last edited:
After getting into a physical altercation with the cable guy. They sent out a couple guys who put the outlet in the wall like I originally asked at my new house. So started to work on setting up the office. Still a work in progress.
Office.jpg

After getting into a physical altercation with the cable guy. They sent out a couple guys who put the outlet in the wall like I originally asked at my new house. So started to work on setting up the office. Still a work in progress.
View attachment 175634
nice but cable management...

On another note you have the same brother printer. Love it

cleaned up and rewired my backup stream setup. My main stream setup (which is on the other side of the picture) is a disaster and I also need to paint the wall. This setup is for Switch Games, Light pc gaming (my other setup does 144hz on 1440, this one only does 1080p 60 for streaming), and emulation. Wife also uses this setup to stream.

iUak29G.jpg

So those of us who have several big monitors on your desk, how do you deal with late night viewing? I feel like all that light would feel uncomfortable considering I prefer to turn on the lights in the evening to comfortably look at my 27" monitor which is set to pretty low brightness.

Windows Nightlight works but it's not a total solution. For that same reason I don't think OLED monitors would be any better for people trying to get some sleep.

So those of us who have several big monitors on your desk, how do you deal with late night viewing? I feel like all that light would feel uncomfortable considering I prefer to turn on the lights in the evening to comfortably look at my 27" monitor which is set to pretty low brightness.
I have LEDs on the underside of my desk that light up the back area so its not so harsh on my eyes with the contrast from monitors to pitch black void beyond them.

Bit of a crazy set up. My firm sent me to Hong Kong for an extended assignment and space is a super premium here so everything is crammed in a corner. I have to work from home quite often so ended up with a bunch of stuff. MBP I use for personal things and to remote into work. The X1 Extreme I bring to work occasionally. The Surface Pro serves as a tablet and also for video conferencing. An old Dell XPS 12.5 is used as a small TV.

S2QCPwm.jpg

Back