Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Spun Ducky

Gawd
Yeah, terrible cord management is terrible and cheapo chairs are cheapo.

View attachment 84500
The setup looks very functional for two people to work. I like it for the simplicity overall. I have had hex monitor setups and large format setups through the years. I settled on a dual screen setup finally using a laptop to drive the dual 32" monitors. Long are gone the days of the dual socket xeons and room heating monster setups.

Commander Shepard

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow, that's big and beautiful! You don't get any neck strain while sitting so close and looking up so high at the screen?

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Thanks! Web browsing with full screen is a challenge, but I've made the Firefox window smaller (about 70% size), and closer to the bottom, and this is okay.

For games and movies, though, it's awesome. I just sit back a little (around 3 feet or 1 meter distance) and it looks perfect.

SomeoneElse

[H]ard|Gawd
My Setup so far, I just got the LED backlights put in. Otherwise its just a super dark room at night and I'm blind by the time I walk out because the monitors are the only light I usually use.
desk.jpg desk2edit.jpg

Edit: Just finished getting the multi-monitor mount put in and the increased the LED strip size. Still a work in progress.

Last edited:

fenixv

Gawd
Awesome. What do you have driving your LS50s? Is that an Emotiva amp on top of your tower?

Commander Shepard

Supreme [H]ardness
Last edited:

kniff

Weaksauce
Same speakers and stands for me. Well-played, sir! You have one of the cleanest setups I've seen around [H]ere, too.
Appreciate it, i i have some stuff planned like an ITX build in the Phanteks Evolv Shift. It'll be fun fitting the 1080Ti in there... but if you want things to look pretty you have to work for it right?

I do love the speakers after almost a year of use, great setup you got there also!

How do you find the MU7000? I bought the MU6300 back this Winter, but the Anti-glare coating was too harsh in my opinion so i returned it. I am kind of picky about that though.

Commander Shepard

Supreme [H]ardness
Appreciate it, i i have some stuff planned like an ITX build in the Phanteks Evolv Shift. It'll be fun fitting the 1080Ti in there... but if you want things to look pretty you have to work for it right?

I do love the speakers after almost a year of use, great setup you got there also!

How do you find the MU7000? I bought the MU6300 back this Winter, but the Anti-glare coating was too harsh in my opinion so i returned it. I am kind of picky about that though.
Thanks, man! They're the best speakers I've ever heard. Got mine almost a year ago, too. I drive them with a Gustard dac and Crown power amp.

You're so right about the work it takes to build a really clean setup. My cables could use a serious clean up job. I just keep procrastinating.

I like my 40" MU7000, but the bigger TVs definitely are better. I tried a 49" Samsung, but after just a short time I'd get neck strain from looking up so much. Sux, because Sony, Samsung and all the other 4K TV manufacturers really cut back on the features of their smaller TVs. About the biggest I can take is 43". Every time I see a sweet setup like yours, though, I wanna try a bigger TV, again.

kniff

Weaksauce
Thanks, man! They're the best speakers I've ever heard. Got mine almost a year ago, too. I drive them with a Gustard dac and Crown power amp.

You're so right about the work it takes to build a really clean setup. My cables could use a serious clean up job. I just keep procrastinating.

I like my 40" MU7000, but the bigger TVs definitely are better. I tried a 49" Samsung, but after just a short time I'd get neck strain from looking up so much. Sux, because Sony, Samsung and all the other 4K TV manufacturers really cut back on the features of their smaller TVs. About the biggest I can take is 43". Every time I see a sweet setup like yours, though, I wanna try a bigger TV, again.

Yeah it sucks. If there was a 43" curved Samsung with the same glossy finish as the higher end ones, i think it would be the best option.

thelead

2[H]4U
I would buy a 40" lg oled or qn9f samsung panel the second they went up for sale. I can't believe neither make a premium 40" 4k tv.

Great setup guys. I'm struggling to find the perfect setup, especially with an audiophile speaker setup. I don't like my speakers to wide as it messes with imaging (center/mono stuff doesn't sound like it's centered if my speakers are too wide apart).

My favorite display setup so far is a 34" ultrawide with 2 27" screens flanking left and right but it's way too wide for the speaker setup.

What to do?...

Hoping that rumored 144hz 32" 4k g sync monitor is just around the corner...

DSee

2[H]4U
I would buy a 40" lg oled or qn9f samsung panel the second they went up for sale. I can't believe neither make a premium 40" 4k tv.

Great setup guys. I'm struggling to find the perfect setup, especially with an audiophile speaker setup. I don't like my speakers to wide as it messes with imaging (center/mono stuff doesn't sound like it's centered if my speakers are too wide apart).

My favorite display setup so far is a 34" ultrawide with 2 27" screens flanking left and right but it's way too wide for the speaker setup.

What to do?...

Hoping that rumored 144hz 32" 4k g sync monitor is just around the corner...
Same debate here... 34" Ultrawide or 2x 27" 4K. I can't justify paying close to $2K for the 2x 27"G-Sync 4K, but at the same time I think I will feel crowded with just a single 34/ultrawide.
Tough when you have the money to pull the trigger and you can't decide

thelead

2[H]4U
Same debate here... 34" Ultrawide or 2x 27" 4K. I can't justify paying close to $2K for the 2x 27"G-Sync 4K, but at the same time I think I will feel crowded with just a single 34/ultrawide.
Tough when you have the money to pull the trigger and you can't decide
Yeah... don't go with the dual 27" panels... I have dual 27" 2k g sync panels and I have to get rid of one if I can make the 27-34-27 setup work. Sitting in the middle means you stare at the bezels.

Here are two other things I've learned through my display adventure the last few months:

1) I definitely need to have a monitor placed right in the middle/center.

2) I can't do curved monitors. Videos and games are okay on it but I don't know how anyone stomachs curved lines on browsers/spreadsheets/etc.

Reactions: DSee
like this

IdentityCrisis

Limp Gawd
Nice Setups, I wish my desk stayed half as clean as some of these are. I wish I could justify a triple monitor setup, so awesome when its mounted up and neatly assembled.

Last edited: