• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

be careful of that fiberglass insulation...you dont want to be breathing too much of that stuff in..your lungs will get torn up from the inside. :eek:
 
ericlikeseatin said:
be careful of that fiberglass insulation...you dont want to be breathing too much of that stuff in..your lungs will get torn up from the inside. :eek:
I've been breathing it in for the last ... almost 3 years in August, and I have yet to notice any difference in my breathing.
 
fibroptikl said:
I've been breathing it in for the last ... almost 3 years in August, and I have yet to notice any difference in my breathing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
 
mutazx said:
Can I have one of those 19" 's when your lungs collapse :)
They won't. You'd have to be installing insualation for 30 years, and be using the old stuff in order to become sick. This stuff is about 4 years old and other than that little flap that came down; it's all sealed.
 
So for three years you've been living in a room with a wall made of plastic and the insulation showing. Damn, I'd go crazy.
 
shaky said:
So for three years you've been living in a room with a wall made of plastic and the insulation showing. Damn, I'd go crazy.
I just have my computer and my TV down there. I am looking at either a monitor or a TV 95% of the time. I sleep, eat, use the bathroom, shower all upstairs.
 
DSCN1695.jpg


just got it yesterday
 
Okay, I'm curious. Several of you have mentioned running a game one one monitor and having trillian etc. running on the other. I've got two Dell 17" CRTs (hence no photos). Whenever I run my game with a dual setup...it's much choppier than just having one monitor. Is this a user error thing?
 
I don't see why these people run dual monitors with the way you described. Either way, you have to still minimize the game to get your cursor on the other monitor.

to answer your question, no. a performance hit is normal. I tried doing it and it was about a 3rd slower than usual.
 
Okay, good, I'm not seeing things I shouldn't. You seemed to indicate that there's a better way...is there?
 
Wipeout said:
Okay, good, I'm not seeing things I shouldn't. You seemed to indicate that there's a better way...is there?
Buy / build a second computer and hook it up to your 2nd monitor. I did that for years and never noticed a performance hit while playing a game on one computer and then doing email / IM / web browsing on my 2nd computer. It was amazing!
 
That's exactly how I am running now... ventrilo / browsing / email / etc on my util machine and games on the gaming rig... it's key, especially when playing mmorpg's :)
 
gn0me said:
Buy / build a second computer and hook it up to your 2nd monitor. I did that for years and never noticed a performance hit while playing a game on one computer and then doing email / IM / web browsing on my 2nd computer. It was amazing!
well for those of us who dont have the money for a second computer, we use dual screens. lets think about this LunchboX3904 and gn0me. not all of us have that kind of money....

yes, a performance hit is inevitable, unless you have a 6800GT or so. and even then....

btw, benben73, very nice setup. cute kid, too! :)
 
thisisglen said:
Same benben from the WP forums! My 2405 FPW is coming on monday or tuesday.. untill then:

Monitors.JPG

this looks great, what brand monitors are those and sizes?
 
boneca said:
this looks great, what brand monitors are those and sizes?

samsung 172x (17").. I bought the first two at AUD$750 each and the 3rd one at AUD$500ish.. My Dell 2405 is coming early next week and i got it for AUD$1279..

AUD$1 = .76 US cents..
 
Oh! you are Glen from WP...never realised cos I'm still a n00b to all these forums (Spent too much time playing EQ and WoW :/ ). Never made the connection it was you. Really love your work on your V1000. Definitely my favourite case/ cable job...in fact I tried to do one like yours but unfortunately it doesn't look one bit like it inside lol. Oh well at least the cooling works.
 
gn0me said:
Buy / build a second computer and hook it up to your 2nd monitor. I did that for years and never noticed a performance hit while playing a game on one computer and then doing email / IM / web browsing on my 2nd computer. It was amazing!

If you are just gaming, this is a good solution. If you are multitasking, or running image/video editing software, the increase of productivity by running dual monitors is astonishing. I will never go back to a single monitor solution.

It's kinda like the difference between cable/dsl and dial-up. So long as you have never used cable/dsl, everything is great. But... as soon as you experience that cable/dsl connection, you will never go back to dial-up.

You can always disable the second monitor while you are gaming too.
 
mike8 said:
I like the Apple LCD monitor and desk. It looks clean and neat. I have to ask, is it 20 inch or 23 inch monitor?

mike8


23" with no yellow/pink washout issues.
 
Justinkoko said:
23" with no yellow/pink washout issues.


Looks great.

Also...I must have that wallpaper! Please tell me where you got it! please. :D
 
spm_uk said:
Foxcow :: What keyboard this that?? :D

Cheers



That my friend is a Zippy slim aluminum Wk-720. I got it for $35. One of the best investments Ive made. :cool:
 
Foxcow said:
That my friend is a Zippy slim aluminum Wk-720. I got it for $35. One of the best investments Ive made. :cool:
Wow, that is a nice keyboard.... I would be totally sold on that keyboard if it were backlit....looks nice and sleek.
 
Okay, have now settled on a 1905FP and 2005FPW. This is my temporary set-up while I'm home for a while from school:

IMG_0375.jpg


IMG_0373.jpg
 
Back
Top