• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

haha that reminds me of the picture of the.. um, couple with the anal lube on the nightstand
 
TSS Modder said:
and how much do you think a mic should cost? 50$... 60$...

that was by far the most retarded comment ive read this year. obviously the rest of us dont live as luxuriously as you do.... :rolleyes:

What's really funny is that for normal use, you can get a fairly good mic for 20$us. That's why each time i see see one of those plastic mic's that usually come with computers, i just think "if they spent $12 more....."

On a side note TSS, mic's for vocal and instramental are usually in the hundreds of $$$ range. So just because you live "unluxuriously", does'nt mean people can't afford a nice 500$ Sennheiser mic ^_^ YUM
 
revenant said:
ok, I know this is a little different, but here's the back of my LCD setup after I re-routed the cables through holes I drilled in my desk... it came out nice I think... still have a little cable moving to do, but it's a vast improvement from what I had before...

http://venus.walagata.com/w/agunn/deskmod7.JPG[/IMG

the cables for the center monitor go down a hole at the back of it's base and route under the back overhang lip of the desk, hugging the top and then through an in port, and back out another hole on the side by the PC which I drilled. It worked out well. :)[/QUOTE]


whats the sizes of the two monitors? the difference is huge!
 
LittleMe said:
FINALLY!! I don't feel so bad having all this desktop space, I'm not the only nut here with dual 2405's!

lol, hence my user name, it's also my player name in CS Source/SOF2 ..

Mad Dad

Suprised nobody commented on the beer, VB its a good drop :)
 
Goat_187 said:
whats the sizes of the two monitors? the difference is huge!

the biggun us 23.1" (Sceptre X23s) and the other is 19" (Dell UltraSharp)
 
LittleMe said:
FINALLY!! I don't feel so bad having all this desktop space, I'm not the only nut here with dual 2405's!

You should _never_ feel bad for having too much desktop real estate.
Personally, I am thinking about getting three of them when my 23" gives up the ghost. :)
 
To answer some of the questions some of you had of my setup, WinXP can handle up to 16 monitors. You can either get quad headed cards, or dual head, and multiples of them to get your desired output. Doesn't matter what slots you use, PCI, AGP, PCIe, you can use them all. DVI output cards are prefered and is shown in my setup.

For my cinq 19" LCDs, I've tried with success a variety of cards to accomplish this. Matrox G200 (quad DVI), Appian Rushmore (quad DVI), and just plain dual DVI AGP Matrox Parhelia plus several PCI video cards. Any combo I just listed will work. However, now that I have a 2405, higher res will not work with the Matrox G200 nor Appian cards (not via DVI at least). But so long as you get cards that can drive your resolution, the same concept applies in order to get multi monitors working on XP.

img1699m4ov.jpg


img16492jg.jpg
 
Hey Mr. Esignal, that's easy to say. I sure don't want to resolve the DMA, IRQ resource conflict w/ multiple PCI+AGP, or PCI+PCI Express cards.

Besides, even if you can resolve it, won't the PCI card function a lot slower on each refresh vs. the PCI Express or AGP?
 
towert7 said:
What's really funny is that for normal use, you can get a fairly good mic for 20$us. That's why each time i see see one of those plastic mic's that usually come with computers, i just think "if they spent $12 more....."

On a side note TSS, mic's for vocal and instramental are usually in the hundreds of $$$ range. So just because you live "unluxuriously", does'nt mean people can't afford a nice 500$ Sennheiser mic ^_^ YUM
ok. maybe some of us didnt feel like spending 20$ for a mic when we get one for free.

and im quite aware of mic costs. i was refering to basic computer usage. i do minor audio work, so its not like i didnt know any of that.

and, no, most people cant afford a nice 500$ sennheiser mic. i cant. nor would i ever spend that much money for a mic.

as for the people talking about desktop space. its true: you can never have too much desktop space. i would love to have dual 2405s. i could definately put those to some excellent use. :D
 
@exe: do you do financial work on your computer or something? I see an awful lot of line graphs. Sorry, I can't find your previous post.
 
HappyHopping, it's non of the charting services you mentioned. As for PCI slots being slower, I don't play games on it, but the speed for everyday computing is no different on whatever screen I'm using, even if they are connected to the PCI slots.

Yes, 2nd picture is my charting program running, for financial trading.
 
corebreach said:
@exe: do you do financial work on your computer or something? I see an awful lot of line graphs. Sorry, I can't find your previous post.

You're funny. At the bottom pic, on the 2 screens at the center, are the real time Level II graph of 9 different stock symbol graphs. On the far left is most likely internet news web site, such as CNBC, or CNN, on the far right is tick by tick of each trade executed, with RED or GREEN highlighting whether it favors the buyer or the seller. Usually Red Highlight favors the seller, Green Highlight favors the buyer.

Of course, I am just guessing at the above.
 
exe said:
HappyHopping, it's non of the charting services you mentioned. As for PCI slots being slower, I don't play games on it, but the speed for everyday computing is no different on whatever screen I'm using, even if they are connected to the PCI slots.

Yes, 2nd picture is my charting program running, for financial trading.

Now that I'm looking at the graphs closely, I'm surprise there is no MACD, or RSI, or %K%D at the bottom of any of those graphs.
 
Happy Hopping said:
What's the point to have that stand so high up? Shouldn't it be parallel to your eye level?
it is at my eye level. I'm rather tall... :\

so hush.
 
Happy Hopping said:
You're funny. At the bottom pic, on the 2 screens at the center, are the real time Level II graph of 9 different stock symbol graphs. On the far left is most likely internet news web site, such as CNBC, or CNN, on the far right is tick by tick of each trade executed, with RED or GREEN highlighting whether it favors the buyer or the seller. Usually Red Highlight favors the seller, Green Highlight favors the buyer.

Of course, I am just guessing at the above.


As they say in trading, you see what you wanna see. Or as Lil Jon puts it "what". Market wasn't open in the picture depicted.
 
K10: you're scaring me. I have the same dual 2405 setup, the same mouse, and the same keyboard!
 


Samsung 930B... it, and everything else, look a lot better in real life, still figuring out the camera.
 
upgraded from 2005 to 2405...perfect size for me now, until 30s come out lol



10005899oa.jpg
 
heh, that old maxed out thing. If you can buy something with it, get me a video card too lol.
 
w/ a screen that wide, why bother takes up 2 row of space at the start button bar, why not let the rest of those launch icon moves to the right?

Screen space is expensive real estate, every fraction of an inch counts.
 
yeah well he's using really large icons for the quick launch.. I personally only have three and the arrow for the rest rather than have them all expossed
 
Happy Hopping said:
w/ a screen that wide, why bother takes up 2 row of space at the start button bar, why not let the rest of those launch icon moves to the right?

Screen space is expensive real estate, every fraction of an inch counts.
With a mon that large, i dont think it matters that much cause im dying with my 15" setup the dual-mons is all that is helping
 
Could somone post a pic of a 2005FPW next to a 2001FP?

There are probably a few in this thread but I don't have time to go through 40 pages.
 
Hey, alpha1471, is your name Zach(as in Zachary)? Your desk and desk area looks so familiar.....
 
Back
Top