• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

mritche said:
The room has no computers; I have four of them on the opposite side of the wall in another room where their noise doesn't bother me. I put a small hole in the wall for wires.

Nice idea. Very sleek setup.
 
Here's my HS94P with Klipsch reference satellites.

IMG_0423.JPG
 
heres mine(22'' ws samsung), I needed a tv and pc lcd in one, this works quite well. Response time is ok at 16ms, 1080i on hdtv broadcasts is awesome.

WMV hd video clip.
P1030437.jpg



doom 3 roe
P1030445.jpg



btw my camera sucks
 
Hey mritche, nice tri-monitor setup. Is that run on 2 computers?

Anyone know if there's anyway to run 3 monitors with just 1 computer?
 
yeah many matrox cards support three monitors

otherwise get a regular dual screen card and an additional pci card

or if you've got pci-e you can get two pci-e cards
 
kalpha said:
Hey mritche, nice tri-monitor setup. Is that run on 2 computers?

Thanks. The centre and leftmost monitor are on one computer, the rightmost monitor is on another.
 
I'm getting a headache looking at the dual monitor setup which isnt coordinated... yeesh. But if you're used to it and you like it, more power to u.
 
I was going to do Dual 2405's but man that was rediculous amount of real estate. Plus I didnt really like having 1600 tied up in monitors.

I sold the 2005's on eBay.
 
Gaming with dual is imho kinda stupid, picture is cut just in the middle what usually is the most important area in gaming.
 
johto said:
Gaming with dual is imho kinda stupid, picture is cut just in the middle what usually is the most important area in gaming.

For gaming I would agree, but for everything else it works quite well.
 
johto said:
Gaming with dual is imho kinda stupid, picture is cut just in the middle what usually is the most important area in gaming.
obviously youve never used a dual monitor setup. games never play like that. he just did some 'tweaking' to get them to span across the two. now, if you have a tight dual screen setup w/ two of the same monitors and a graphics card that can support that resolution, then thats a completely different story... :drool:

i play w/ dual monitors, and its extremely convenient. play the game on my widescreen lappy w/ trillian xfire, TS, or Vent, or GameComm, and iTunes on the second monitor, allowing me to keep tabs on everything going on. :)
 
TSS Modder said:
obviously youve never used a dual monitor setup. games never play like that. he just did some 'tweaking' to get them to span across the two. now, if you have a tight dual screen setup w/ two of the same monitors and a graphics card that can support that resolution, then thats a completely different story... :drool:

i play w/ dual monitors, and its extremely convenient. play the game on my widescreen lappy w/ trillian xfire, TS, or Vent, or GameComm, and iTunes on the second monitor, allowing me to keep tabs on everything going on. :)

So what happens when are start up Doom3, for example? It plays on your primary monitor but leaves the second one untouched? Then you can alt-tab between the game and the apps on the other monitor?
 
Warborn said:
So what happens when are start up Doom3, for example? It plays on your primary monitor but leaves the second one untouched? Then you can alt-tab between the game and the apps on the other monitor?
exactly. (for me) the game will minimize, which can be annoying, but if you leave everything open on the second monitor, nothing will be touched.
 
TSS Modder said:
exactly. (for me) the game will minimize, which can be annoying, but if you leave everything open on the second monitor, nothing will be touched.

Is there any way around that? Can you play Doom3 on your primary monitor and alt-tab into other applications without mizimizing Doom3? Anyone know a setup that allows that?

Warborn
 
Warborn said:
Is there any way around that? Can you play Doom3 on your primary monitor and alt-tab into other applications without mizimizing Doom3? Anyone know a setup that allows that?

Warborn
im running a setup w/ a widescreen lappy, and that widescreen resolution seems to mess things up for me a little bit, so i cant honestly say that it will minimize on a standard dual monitor setup.

if someone has onhand experience, then they can tell you. but im telling you right now my widescreen setup is not an ordinary setup, so i may have bugs that you dont. also, im using 'proprietary' drivers built by nvidia for my HP lappy. thats screwing w/ it a bit, also.
 
I would think having a big center LCD two smaller ones on each side would be cool for a driving game... making the sides the sideview mirrors.. but it might be distracting. :) Two monitors will never really work for gaming, unless you make one of them your primary, and the other a utility screen or something, but having your field of view broken down the middle is just too distracting. IMHO
 
revenant said:
I would think having a big center LCD two smaller ones on each side would be cool for a driving game... making the sides the sideview mirrors.. but it might be distracting. :) Two monitors will never really work for gaming, unless you make one of them your primary, and the other a utility screen or something, but having your field of view broken down the middle is just too distracting. IMHO

I used to play GTA Vice City on my primary and keep a full screen map on the right side :)
 
new_monitor_on_desk.JPG


Samsung SyncMaster 903B. Just got it last week. Loving it soooo much. No issues at all.

CSS looks amaizing on it. Sucks that I had to spend 100CND for a DVI cable. Oh well. I'm happy now though. Beats the shitty 17" no name i was using for years :|
 
deskatnight4zh.jpg

img04092xd.jpg




17" and 2005fpw. The I got the 2005 because the height matches the 17" within 1mm. Too bad it doesn't have an adjustable stand and gets put to shame by the 2005fpw.
 
barefootbilly said:
17" and 2005fpw. The I got the 2005 because the height matches the 17" within 1mm. Too bad it doesn't have an adjustable stand and gets put to shame by the 2005fpw.

Is the FP2005 farther back then the 17" monitor? Because for some reason that picture makes the 20" widescreen look small.
 
towert7 said:
Is the FP2005 farther back then the 17" monitor? Because for some reason that picture makes the 20" widescreen look small.

nope, same depth. It does make the 2005fpw look small though in that picture when lowered all the way down on the stand. :/
 
Jokke,

Is that desk an Ikea Galant? I was looking at that configuration, how do you like it? Did you custom choose the rounded end, etc?
 
defsquad said:
Jokke,

Is that desk an Ikea Galant? I was looking at that configuration, how do you like it? Did you custom choose the rounded end, etc?

yes its an IKEA Galant desk... and i just love it ... fits perfect in my apartment ... its easy to assemble and perfect size ...

here is a better view

SANY0210.JPG


the Product Description is ...

GALANT desk combination right
A-leg
silver color
birch veneer

GALANT table top with frame
 
decoded said:
Samsung SyncMaster 903B. Just got it last week. Loving it soooo much. No issues at all.

CSS looks amaizing on it. Sucks that I had to spend 100CND for a DVI cable. Oh well. I'm happy now though. Beats the shitty 17" no name i was using for years :|

What's the point to have that stand so high up? Shouldn't it be parallel to your eye level?
 
towert7 said:
I love it. Two brand new monitors, and a 8$ microphone :confused:
lol, the mic works, only used for Ventrilo during online games, though about replacing it, but ah what the heck.

Another image, this time a screenshot, showing CS Source running in a window, pretty good fps, Adope running plus a few web pages .. overall screen size being 4 feet, in 3820x1200 res .. http://www.users.on.net/~stephen_carney/Mad_Dad_Duel2405/Duel2405-pic2.jpg
 
ok, I know this is a little different, but here's the back of my LCD setup after I re-routed the cables through holes I drilled in my desk... it came out nice I think... still have a little cable moving to do, but it's a vast improvement from what I had before...

deskmod7.JPG


the cables for the center monitor go down a hole at the back of it's base and route under the back overhang lip of the desk, hugging the top and then through an in port, and back out another hole on the side by the PC which I drilled. It worked out well. :)
 
revenant said:
ok, I know this is a little different, but here's the back of my LCD setup after I re-routed the cables through holes I drilled in my desk... it came out nice I think... still have a little cable moving to do, but it's a vast improvement from what I had before...

deskmod7.JPG


the cables for the center monitor go down a hole at the back of it's base and route under the back overhang lip of the desk, hugging the top and then through an in port, and back out another hole on the side by the PC which I drilled. It worked out well. :)
Good setup on your desk. I just wondering the Dell monitor is 1905FP? or 1704FP the other monitor is it 20inch or 21inch?

mike8
 
towert7 said:
I love it. Two brand new monitors, and a 8$ microphone :confused:
and how much do you think a mic should cost? 50$... 60$...

that was by far the most retarded comment ive read this year. obviously the rest of us dont live as luxuriously as you do.... :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top