Shogun 2: Total War

I can't help myself, I have to say it; Those scores are stating to look like DA2 scores.
 
Sure, but when you said 'like crysis 2' it was obviously pointed to be a negative where he was saying its mostly irrelevant...idk we are all friend here.

That's not how I meant it...I intended to refer to the Crysis 2 "DX11 in patch afterwards" situation. DX11 isn't a big concern to me since I'm still running XP. Other people might find it notable though.
 
If the DX11 version is like Civ V where the game ran much better that does kinda disappoint they couldn't get it out before release. If its like minor eye candy stuff like moving clouds and more real 3d like waves hey no biggie.
 
Be aware that the pre-orders from Best Buy and D2D are for the non-"Limited" version of this game. Also, the "PRE10" coupon code at Gamestop doesn't work on their "Limited" edition pre-order as they say it is a "Collectors" version which is bullshit because there is a real "Collectors" edition for sale. Basically there isn't anywhere to buy the "Limited" edition for less than MSRP as far as I can tell.
 
Well as long as it's not another Empire, where every publication gave it 90%+ yet it was utterly broken and almost unplayable at launch.
 
Well as long as it's not another Empire, where every publication gave it 90%+ yet it was utterly broken and almost unplayable at launch.

That is my only concern, not to mention I didnt really like the game in general but that was more the age than anything.
 
Be aware that the pre-orders from Best Buy and D2D are for the non-"Limited" version of this game. Also, the "PRE10" coupon code at Gamestop doesn't work on their "Limited" edition pre-order as they say it is a "Collectors" version which is bullshit because there is a real "Collectors" edition for sale. Basically there isn't anywhere to buy the "Limited" edition for less than MSRP as far as I can tell.

Fuck me, I could have swore when I pre ordered it on D2D months ago that it said "Limited edition." :(, now I'm gonna miss out on the clan I wanted to play.
 
Fuck me, I could have swore when I pre ordered it on D2D months ago that it said "Limited edition." :(, now I'm gonna miss out on the clan I wanted to play.

At least that is what D2D shows now when you try to order it.
 
Balls, D2D won't even give me a refund :(.

1. It's a pre order, not out yet.
2. I haven't used the Rome cd key/serial (told them this, hell I've had rome on steam for over 2 years).

Guy said because of the "time involved" it wasn't possible, I don't even know what that means??? The time involved to give money back? All they have to do is not send me the key, refund my paypal, bam, done. Doesn't take long, super easy to do.

I got some credit for my trouble, but I'd REALLY like to just be able to cancel my order and get it on amazon with release date delivery since I have both a $10 gc and a $10 promo credit, so it'd be under 30 bucks on theroe PLUS I'd get the clan I wanted to play as.

If anyone here is getting the LE and doesn't need/want the Hatori clan stuff, I'd really really appreciate it and could throw a few bones your way for it if possible.
 
Since when did Amazon release any pre-order on time? :p

I've ordered countless games from them with their Release date delivery and always had them on time.

Even ordering it the monday before the game is out it still gets here on time.
 
No pre-load for this?

At 20 gigabytes, this was the one title that could have used it, although I suppose that with today's download speeds being what they are it's not as much of an issue anymore.

I bought this from D2D for $40. The sale is still on if you missed it.
 
Pre-loads are up at Steam.

Damn. I ordered from D2D. I need me some strategy right now. I'm getting such a good vibe from this game too. Is this going to be the best Total War game ever. Honestly, I think it will be.
 
Damn. I ordered from D2D. I need me some strategy right now. I'm getting such a good vibe from this game too. Is this going to be the best Total War game ever. Honestly, I think it will be.

It's a steamworks title so you should be able to pre-load it on Steam.
 
Damn. I ordered from D2D. I need me some strategy right now. I'm getting such a good vibe from this game too. Is this going to be the best Total War game ever. Honestly, I think it will be.

Bought it on GamersGate and got the serial numbers. Registered on Steam and preloaded :)
 
Yowsa!

Gotta get home now. So are you saying that all I need is my registration key? How do I go about doing this?
 
Yowsa!

Gotta get home now. So are you saying that all I need is my registration key? How do I go about doing this?

I believe D2D emails you for the cd-key for the game, then copy the cd-key open up steam, and under games in the top left portion of the steam client window, there should be "activate product on steam" paste the cd-key onto the input field. it should work just fine.
 
I don't know where I'm supposed to get my key? Did anybody else here buy this from D2D?
 
says 7 hours from this post, i'm going to bed to play in the morning.
 
I don't know where I'm supposed to get my key? Did anybody else here buy this from D2D?

D2D keys you will get both via an Email and on the website you can see them, from simply going to "my games" and then download.

However ATM shogun 2 keys aren't out for D2D yet, it says not til 12pst, so 3am EAST.
 
I doubt that Shogun 2 is ever going to look much different than it does in the demo. There's just not a lot of room for improvement.

Based on my experiences with DX 11 games so far, I'd have to say that when the DX 11 patch does come through I won't be able to see any difference whatsoever. The only title, so far, which is quite a bit better looking in DX 11 is Dragon Age 2. Weird.
 
I'm unlocked, stuck at decrypting steam files at 74%. Last night i saw some EU people having this problem, i thought they meant downloading. fucking steam.

5 minutes later i got pasted it, there is a 2,415.9 MB patch after it is unlocked.
 
Last edited:
Today is the day eh, I will be going to BB and picking it up. If a great pc exclusive comes out, I almost feel obligated to buy it to support further pc gaming...
 
Man....lack of AA/DX11 until patch.

Hi everyone, we thought some things should be cleared up and decided to post a new thread to keep all comments in one place.

Firstly, the reason the announcement of DX11 coming in a patch was a few weeks before release is because it was when the decision was made. We wanted to release Shogun 2 as stable as possible for everyone so pushed DX11 back to make it as good as we can. The patch for DX11 will be out within 4 weeks.

There is no AA in DX9 because of changes to the lighting system in Shogun 2. We now use deferred shading, the wiki article actually mentions some of the problems relating to it and AA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading

We are committed to making Shogun 2 the very best game it can be, and we believed it is an excellent game. We understand your frustration with recent news, but we want your game experience to be the best it can be for everyone.

DX10.1 will also have AA, DX10 will not. Both will also be enabled with the DX11 patch.

Hope this has cleared some things up.
 
Back
Top