Post your "rate my cables" here

sdk said:
My plans for my case.

Replace the two rear exhausts with Aluminum Fans
Either put a blue rocker switch next to the pci slots on the back of the mobo tray or a micro switch in the usb door.
New fan grills,
Custom cut a second exhaust, and dremel of a stock fan grill.

Stuff I order'd
2 x Alu 80MM fans
Blue LED"d Rocker
AS5
Blade Fan Grill
2 Wire Grills
LL Slot Bay Cover.

That's nice.....but pics would be better. ;)

carlos seo, try what was recommended about the PCI bracket leads.....but those rounded cables have to go. Not only do they look VERY out of place.....they're MUCH harder to hide then ribbon cables. The ribbons you'd very easily be able to tuck behind the 3.5" cage for the floppy and hard drives.....and along side the mobo at the very least for the optic drives.

Unless someone has all their wires sleeved the same color and they can make them visible while still making it look clean rounded cables just dont look right.....they're marketed as allowing better airflow, but ribbons are SOOO much easier to hide and route that it isnt even funny. :rolleyes:

If my memory serves me good, I believe skunkworks is the name for the USAF airplanes such as the U2 and the SR-71. But I may be off base. EX USAF crewchief here.

Ok, here it is:

Case_vista_geral_frente.jpg

Case_vista_geral_perspectiva.jpg

I really liked the idea of hiding flat cables behind the HDD cage. I have also swapped the Firewire ports bracket and the "wire-window" bracket. Now I only need to get rid of these ugly power cables.

Aight im gonna work on hiding my cold cathode system under my cd drives, and see what i can do with hiding the light switch (the cable is very short :mad: ) i guess i could mod it into my case... but im not really a modder. I'll be back with pics in about an hour.

@carlos: What cables?:confused:;) Sleeving looks nice, but maybe clean a little more near PSU and drives. Very nice!

(btw, first post in the cable rating thread, so take it easy on me! i just had to say how clean that carlos' cables were!)

apHytHiaTe said:
@carlos: What cables?:confused:;) Sleeving looks nice, but maybe clean a little more near PSU and drives. Very nice!

(btw, first post in the cable rating thread, so take it easy on me! i just had to say how clean that carlos' cables were!)

Don't start showering him with TOO much praise just yet....it's still way to messy for my tastes.....but I'm really glad to see that the ribbon's worked out.....and that you were able to clean up those bracket leads.

cornelious0_0 said:
Cool beans....I'll be waitin. ;) :p
of course he'll be waiting... he has no where else to go :p

lol, jk

ill be waiting too, i love this forum

i can see there is no sticky in the case modding except for the 2. how about we have this one as the case mod sticky?

DRJ1014 said:
i can see there is no sticky in the case modding except for the 2. how about we have this one as the case mod sticky?
sounds reasonable.... i vote for it to be stickified

Last update:

Case_cabos_1.jpg

Case_cabos_2.jpg

This is the best I can do for now. It may not be as clean as some others I've seen here but it makes me feel satisfied. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

This is the best I can do for now. It may not be as clean as some others I've seen here but it makes me feel satisfied. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Lookin' good dude, you've come quite a ways. You should feel satisfied....i know quite a few ppl that'd kill for wiring like that. I mean, I still have beef with a few things....but that's cus I'm just weird.

Good goin' keep us posted if you get a hankerin' to dig into her again. :p

is that electrical tape I see around your hard drive power plug? looks good lol. my wiring job is shitty as hell cus i ahve nowhere to put the wires.. case is too small on the other side of the hard drives :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

elite.mafia said:
is that electrical tape I see around your hard drive power plug? looks good lol.

Sure is good ol' electrical tape....I've used enough of it before to recognize it anywhere. :p

It does do the job, and done clean enough it does actually look good. It's horrible everytime I've ever had to remove the stuff though, but other then that I'm all for it.....whatever does the job.

my electrical taping job came out a bit messed up....
what do u think about this?
IMGP1252.jpg

WOAH thats kinda blurry right there... most likely cus i had my camera right up close to it :rolleyes:

elite.mafia said:
WOAH thats kinda blurry right there... most likely cus i had my camera right up close to it :rolleyes:

It's still good enough for me to see....looks alright, but the true test is to flex it back and forth over and over and see if any gaps open up in the tape....that's what I had to figure out how to do.....tape up my cables properly so they STAYed completely covered when I was doing my crazy ass wiring. :p

That's really the kind of thing that looks better with black molex connectors though.....I have been considering just buying some black ends for my PSU and doing it all up in electrical tape again instead of dong sleeving quite yet. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Lookin' good dude, you've come quite a ways. You should feel satisfied....i know quite a few ppl that'd kill for wiring like that. I mean, I still have beef with a few things....but that's cus I'm just weird.

Good goin' keep us posted if you get a hankerin' to dig into her again. :p
You're talking about me :p

DRJ1014 said:
please get back on subject

Still waiting for more ppl to post pics.....I'm not purposefully going off topic, but you can only comment on someones wiring so many times before some new case shots show up. ;)

carlos seo said:
I really liked the idea of hiding flat cables behind the HDD cage. I have also swapped the Firewire ports bracket and the "wire-window" bracket. Now I only need to get rid of these ugly power cables.

can you move the usb/firewire bracket to the bottom? try routing the cables behind that pci card (nic?)

something like in these pics (to get you the idea)
P3190043.jpg

then use the nic to 'cover' the cables so its not easily seen:
P3190047.jpg

P3190045.jpg

User Name said:
can you move the usb/firewire bracket to the bottom? try routing the cables behind that pci card (nic?)
Well, I could. But the position of Firewire connectors in this motherboard doesn't help much, as you can see on my pics. Actually, it was in the bottom slot before (take a look at my first post).

User Name said:

something like in these pics (to get you the idea)
P3190043.jpg

then use the nic to 'cover' the cables so its not easily seen:
P3190047.jpg

P3190045.jpg
now THATS smart wire management :D

wayne said:
now THATS smart wire management :D

Yeah, it's stuff like that that's all over my case.....and its when you can really tell that someone is dedicated to cleaning up their box.

Be creative guys.....show us what you're made of. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Be creative guys.....show us what you're made of. :D
lets invent a wireless psu... if a wireless router can be done, i dont see how hard it is to make a wireless power supply :D

wayne said:
lets invent a wireless psu... if a wireless router can be done, i dont see how hard it is to make a wireless power supply :D

Well, I'm not going to say I'm not in favor of the idea....but I really don't wanna be around to see the results of something like that.....scary. :p

How about making a much smaller wireless PSU that could at least power a cdrom or something, just so we can say it's been done. ;)

I'm holding you to this now you realise. :cool:

wayne said:
how would the power run? the router sends frequencies from the base to the recieving end. there is no power involved. is the power going to travel through the air? while its traveling through the air we are being shocked out hardware in out computer is begin fried

cornelious0_0 said:
Well, I'm not going to say I'm not in favor of the idea....but I really don't wanna be around to see the results of something like that.....scary. :p

How about making a much smaller wireless PSU that could at least power a cdrom or something, just so we can say it's been done. ;)

I'm holding you to this now you realise. :cool:
there is a smaller psu for powering cdroms... you can pop them out of external enclosures for cd drives

btw, umm, this wireless psu thing, i meant it as a joke... so yea... :rolleyes:

i know u ment it as a joke but you will get some newbs in here that try to make one and just get shocked or really really well done so i thought i would explain to them that it isnt possible :p

DRJ1014 said:
i know u ment it as a joke but you will get some newbs in here that try to make one and just get shocked or really really well done so i thought i would explain to them that it isnt possible :p
hahaha yeaaa

thank you for being so considerate of others :rolleyes:

bbq newbies wouldnt be too good either

wayne said:
btw, umm, this wireless psu thing, i meant it as a joke... so yea... :rolleyes:

I know i know.....just joking around dude.....and I'd hope those newb comments weren't aimed at me....cus you all know that I'd know better then to be THAT stupid. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I know i know.....just joking around dude.....and I'd hope those newb comments weren't aimed at me....cus you all know that I'd know better then to be THAT stupid. :p
nah, didnt aim it at u

didnt aim it at DRJ1014 either

it was for the "general audience" :D

i dunno what im trying to say :rolleyes:

wayne said:
i dunno what im trying to say :rolleyes:

Heh, I get that feeling WAY to often.....I find that it's best to just go with it and ignore that little voice in my head saying "what the hell is THAT sposed to mean" when I post sometimes. :p

flat4 said:
bump, dont let this thread die

OMG....what have I been doing not spamming in here for the last 12 days.....I didn't realise how long she'd gone without a post.

I'll finally have some new pics in a couple months for you guys, but for now let me explain what's "going down" with my Lian-Li that will effect the wiring.

1) Every square inch of the inside and outside of the case is being powder coated black
2) Since you can't normally get straight behind the motherboard plate on this case, I'm cutting a hole in the metal panel behind the powersupply...allowing me to route cables STRAIGHT behind there, and out of sight.
3) Every single wire in the case I will be sleeving black, with black heatshrink, so even the wires that I DO have to bring into view, you won't really see....cus they'll all blend into the case.

I know it might be hard to picture for some ppl, but for those of you who now have the mental image of my "Pitch Black" Lian-Li in your heads.....I know.....I'm excited too. :p

My comp is a bit screwed up right now... I really dont wanna provide pics of this messy thing... look on earlier pages for my rig. Anyways, as soon as the gaming bomb 2 comes out I probably will get it, and post a pic of dat case :D

You're right, it is still kinda messy.....better get on it. :p

Unless you already have, and just don't want to show us the fruits of your labor. ;)

Back