Post your "rate my cables" here

well i did my best and tried to organize this. i need to get some type of molex connector extender so i can make the 2 fans on the side and the back fan cables lay flat so its not going straight across the case. this should do until i get a new psu. heres before and after.

DSC00012.JPG

after.jpg

more pics
before - http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/case/
after - http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/new/

i have the same case... i took off the two fans on the side. they just got in the way and the way there set up it just didnt cool anything. the precut holes and the filter just didnt blow. i took them out and my temps only rose about .4F. also.. do you use those usb connectors on the top? if not just unplug them from the base.

i also took out my hard drive cages and put the hard drives in the flopy drives. it gave it much more air flow

Not bad Freeze, but I'd REALLY consider breaking out some more wire ties and strapping your bulk of wires to the bar below the PSU.....instead of just having them hanging there in the open to clutter things up.

scottyk87, he's right, I would take off that fan panel....really doesnt do enough for all the extra hassle it creates. Two reasons I hate most of Tt's cases.....1) usb/headphones jacks on the TOP of the case...making wiring a nightmare.....stupid move IMO...and 2) fans everywhere, whether theyre actually cooling anything or not....making wiring that much worse. You've still got a fair amount of work to do, but I have faith that you'll make the best of that Tt nightmare you've got there. :p

Dudeyourlame, thank you for posting that up....finally I find someone with a Fancard dustier then my first one was. ;)

scottyk87 said:
well i did my best and tried to organize this. i need to get some type of molex connector extender so i can make the 2 fans on the side and the back fan cables lay flat so its not going straight across the case. this should do until i get a new psu. heres before and after.

DSC00012.JPG

after.jpg

more pics
before - http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/case/
after - http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/new/
nicee improvement but cmon, u can do better than that ;)

Grandmaster Freeze said:
cornelius0_0 is right, clean up that blob hanging there... try hiding the wires behind the mobo tray and cd drive cage... use zip ties, they are very useful

still looks messy tho altho if i look closer, i do see an attempt to keep it neat... if your ide cables are long enough, run them under the mobo and down and out flat to the case bottom then to the drives

wayne said:
nicee improvement but cmon, u can do better than that ;)
it is very hard to hide the wires in this case. i have it and its a pain in the ass because of the size and the way the wires go.

chronic9 said:
I was looking @ L0s7 4 Lyf3 case with the ram heatsinks on the VGA and was wondering can they be easily removed if want to send the VGA for an rma to newegg or who ever you bought your parts from?
Yes they're VERY easy to remove.. Just twist a couple times and they come right off, they have 3m thermal tape on the bottom, not too bad for thermal transfer, they get warm after a while, too bad my card doesn't have any temp sensors onboard to test temp changes with... I just have to do the tried and true finger test.

As for everything else I just cleaned it up a bit more, and removed some of the unused power leads.

Same system....

Only other systems I have are a Compaq my family bought for themselves, and an old Bondi Blue iMac a friend gave me free because he didn't need it and he got it free from his cousin.

Jeez, everyone here has nice cases /feels left out...

that electrical tape is there to stay. to me and my ghetto eye it doesnt look all that bad.

as for it being a mess, when i first put it together it looks incredible. i hid everything perfectly and it looked sharp. but then my northbridge heatsink fell off due to those piece of shit clips breaking and i had to start over. i ripped eveyrhting out, took out the mobo, and was so pissed by the time i fixed it i just threw it back together. hence the look like it was just thrown back together.

as for the ghetto PCI card cooler, i love it. those fans push over 100cfm and are relatively quiet. i had a few other fans on there that i broke, so i just threw them in. at this point i stopped caring what it looked like so i didnt give them a great electrical tape sleeving.

i love this monster of a case, and it started off beautful. now how my desk is setup at school you cant even see in the window, so who cares!

it is very hard to hide the wires in this case. i have it and its a pain in the ass because of the size and the way the wires go.

Oh come now....be positive guys, it's not that bad. I've wired up the Xasers before....and they're really not that bad if you're creative enough and have spent enough time learning your own (and other ppls) wiring tricks for different setups. I will admit that the multitude of fans is kind of annoying.....but its still nothing that can't be dealt with.

now how my desk is setup at school you cant even see in the window, so who cares!

I was like that for awhile when I actually had a case with no window for awhile....but I still got anal about the wires not being 100% hidden....even withOUT the window i still felt obligated to do it.....THAT's when you know you're actually devoted to having a clean case. :)

DRJ1014 said:
its also not about the cleaness its the airflow

Well, even if i knew my airflow was perfectly unhindered by my wiring I'd still want to do better....just the way I am with this stuff.....so sue me. My room is an utter disaster 90% of the time...so i make up for it by being a neat freak in my case. ;)

Some pics may look bad cuz i dont know how to use a digital camera..... or i do but the settings i duno about.

Heres a Before pic. A bit old, some parts have changed. the video card for instance is my old 5700 i thhhhink i forget what card it was and under the raptor drive with the cooling going to it i added a 200Gig SATA hard drive... big wow but heres the old one.. you can kinda tell how bad the wires were
6.jpg

After picss
5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Haven't contributed to a thread in awhile so here are a few pics. Well this is my case after making it nice about 8 mos ago, and then over time adding/removing hardware and making the usual adjustments and not cleaning up after myself

Here they be..see if you can spot the second power supply for my TEC. (there was less than an 1/8th of an inch on either side of it (mobo[]radiator)

noside1.jpg

side1.jpg

With some of the later pics you can tell that you did actually put some more time into your wiring.....but It'd look a lot nicer with some of that mess "down below" cleaned up.....considering you've got that radiator taking up space where wires COULD be hidden I guess it's not too bad. ;)

Oh, and the card looks like an MSI 5600XT....at least what I can see of the plastic cooler shroud looks the same....as does the PCB color and copper backplate on the card.

Boozer said:
haha, i didnt like the card so i kinda forgot what it was

Yeah, I hear ya, there've been a few things in the past that I've tried to make myself forget.....it's just better that way sometimes. :p

EDIT: Alright, I'm done.....sry guys.....back on topic.

Boozer said:
Some pics may look bad cuz i dont know how to use a digital camera..... or i do but the settings i duno about.

Heres a Before pic. A bit old, some parts have changed. the video card for instance is my old 5700 i thhhhink i forget what card it was and under the raptor drive with the cooling going to it i added a 200Gig SATA hard drive... big wow but heres the old one.. you can kinda tell how bad the wires were
6.jpg

After picss
5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg
what did you clean up?... i dont see a difference... :(

all i see is the wires down on the bottom by the UV light are gone

wayne damn u and my threads

DRJ1014 said:
all i see is the wires down on the bottom by the UV light are gone

wayne damn u and my threads
yea, the wires seem to be hidden now that u mentioned it

lmfao... we have the same interests like u said... *shrugs

btw, to the owner of that case, you SERIOUSLY need some zip ties :D

hardwarephreak said:

You work in the airline manufacturing industry? :)
I seem to recall there's a group under Boeing or Lockheed called that.

I'm posting systme pics later tonight.. yay

I just thought I'd post this up for those of you that might be having troubles wiring up your Xaser III's cleanly with those top panel leads and masses of fans. It's not my case, but a pic that I grabbed of www.pimprig.com because I thought it might be at least a little helpfull.

There is still a fair amount of work to do in this case too, but it's looking like a nice place for some of you to aim for:

5448DSCF0132.jpg

Yes he did remove that fan panel....and I would recommend doing the same, as you can easily see how much it alone can/could clean things up for you.....and I'd MUCH rather have my temps a mere 4 degrees higher if it meant my box would be that much more pleasent to look at. ;)

Have fun, and remember to post up any updated wiring along the way.

Yeah, they were the "black" division at Lockheed. They developed all of the really advanced stuff like the SR-71 Blackbird, the F117 Stealth Fighter, the F22 Raptor and a lot of other cool tech that we will probably never see due to it's highly classified nature.

hardwarephreak said:
Yeah, they were the "black" division at Lockheed. They developed all of the really advanced stuff like the SR-71 Blackbird, the F117 Stealth Fighter, the F22 Raptor and a lot of other cool tech that we will probably never see due to it's highly classified nature.

Cool stuff, I love the SR-71. :p

I forgot to mention that they co-designed my PC for me, if it is scanned by radar it only appears to be a low flying pigeon. Of course it ended up costing a fortune, what with needing to use all of those $200 hammers. (If you don't get that you need to go find out how your gov't is spending your cash)

hardwarephreak said:
I forgot to mention that they co-designed my PC for me, if it is scanned by radar it only appears to be a low flying pigeon. Of course it ended up costing a fortune, what with needing to use all of those $200 hammers. (If you don't get that you need to go find out how your gov't is spending your cash)

HAHAHAHAHA.......ROFL........priceless. :D

hardwarephreak said:

ROFL!!! :D :D :D

Push your cabes to your left (the ones that go over your PCI card) to the side and along the PCI case slots. That will help.

My plans for my case.

Replace the two rear exhausts with Aluminum Fans
Either put a blue rocker switch next to the pci slots on the back of the mobo tray or a micro switch in the usb door.
New fan grills,
Custom cut a second exhaust, and dremel of a stock fan grill.

Stuff I order'd
2 x Alu 80MM fans
Blue LED"d Rocker
AS5
Blade Fan Grill
2 Wire Grills
LL Slot Bay Cover.

Back