Post your "rate my cables" here

sure it isnt the best, but it will do

edit: aww, my hosting comapny went down and lost my pics :(
cables.jpg

haha, your setups is one of those rare times that having the excessive loom visible like that actually looks cool.....just with the way it all seems to "spawn" out of that one area.....its pretty cool. :)

thanks! just waitin for my rounded cables and my heatshrink, then its on ;)

Earm better watch out :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm not going to limit it to a 60mm hole, but yeah.....I've had that same thing planned for quite some time now. I've got my wires laid out quite a bit different from what I've seen in most Li-Li's around here, so I'll have to try and grab a friends digicam to show you guys.....maybe give some of you some ideas.

do that. it helps route cables immensely. a small hole on the mobo side on that top part by the PSU.

This is my third post. oOo WOW, i like this thread ALOT!!!! i LOVE neat wiring. what do you guys think about my wiring job????? All the computers i have built all had neat wiring, look for my other posts below!

This was my old rig before i ugraded, now it has 1gig PC4400 and a 6800GT.
5.jpg

2.jpg

dark_side.jpg

Nice stuff guys, and Liquid_Cooled, I especially like your current setup with the white lighting in there.....but really dude, those plain jane black fans have gotta go.....I'd say just get some clear fans without any LEDs and it'd look REALLY nice. :)

actually, those plain jane black fans are the awesome Panaflo L1A's. i really really want some quiet nice looking fans, but none of them offer the peformance to sound ratio as the L1A. the only fans that i would consider using are the noiseblocker fans from Germany, but they arent available in th US.

I knew that they were gonna be something within the ranks of a Panaflo in that setting....but in my eyes, if I'm gonan gussy up a case like that.....it seems kinda wrong to have plain ol' black fans stickin' out like a swore thumb. I respect where you're coming from, but it just aint me.

yea, i know what you mean. my next case, im considering using either all clear fans, or the aluminum fans with Leds on them (aerocool).

Liquid_Cooled said:
yea, i know what you mean. my next case, im considering using either all clear fans, or the aluminum fans with Leds on them (aerocool).

I saw those LED aluminum fans on FrozenCPU the other day....and IMO, they look kinda dumb. I've got a 120mm aluminum on my side panel, and I can't picture it with LED's.....it just seems kinda out of place.

in the picture, the one with blue LEDS looked nice, but i have to see it in person. dont the aluminum fans have that ugly chrome painted on plastic look on the fan blades?

Liquid_Cooled said:
in the picture, the one with blue LEDS looked nice, but i have to see it in person. dont the aluminum fans have that ugly chrome painted on plastic look on the fan blades?

It is painted on, but it doesn't actually look that bad. I've seen it on some other fans b4 too......but mine actually looks alright, considering its painted.

XeRo_Dark said:
SPLUUUGE!!!! dood that ice blue looking watercool setup looks gorgous :eek: :eek: ::eek:rgasm::

Yeppers.....sure does.

Hey Liquid_Cooled, you ever think of moving to the DD TDX block? It seems to have outdone the RBX by a degree or two, and I believe it wasn't much more of a difference between it and the Maze4....so i dunno....temps could drop a few from the move. Maybe not worth the cash, but I've always gotta have teh new toys so that's how i look at it. ;)

Liquid_Cooled said:
this is my CURRENT setup (look at my sig for specs)
IMG_0286.jpg
Heh, normally I don't like cases with no intake at all (lack of airflow, duh) but CM cases always look smooth and that particular CM with the water cooling, the matching lighting/door/tubing, and the stealthed drives just looks awesome, nice clean setup! :cool:

yeah flat4, that is kinda of cheating....I mean sure, it might be a "work in progress".....but show us when you've got your IDE and SATA cables to mess with in there. ;)

Read his post.
"heres a few pics of my project i am doing i still need to sleeve a few more wires, get ide cables and get a hard drive."

ATH25 said:
Read his post.
"heres a few pics of my project i am doing i still need to sleeve a few more wires, get ide cables and get a hard drive."

I did read it....I'm just sayin' is all......it makes it look cleaner then it should be.....kinda like when ppl put in a GFX card that doesnt need a power connection....I see it as cheating, cus my box would actually look a lot cleaner without that ONE wire coming out into the case :p

blindviper said:
then thats your fault for buying that card.......and your a thread whore

You're saying that it's my fault like I had a choice in the matter. :p

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.....calm down dude. :cool:

you have 24% of the posts in this thread with 386 posts thats bad and the pics you have in here of your case dont even work :)

i second that.

this thread is to show off your cable jobs and your bad cable jobs so people can tell you how you can fix it or give you praise.

please stop all this now before the admin's and/or mod's close the thread

DRJ1014 said:
so people can tell you how you can fix it or give you praise.

What in the world do you think I'm doing here with no digicam.....letting people know what I think and helping them when i can. I will admit that it's gone a bit off topic, but I have every right to post as much as I want in here without posting any pics....because the thread IS here for ppl to give comments on the wiring that is posted up.

And the uploader I had used to post my pics before has gone down....which is why the pics don't work....a lot has changed in my case since those pics and i'm waiting a bit to take new pics, but I still have every right to stay here and post about ppl's wiring jobs, because I'm still participating.

ok has any1 viewed the game bomb 2 demo @
http://www.chenbro.com.tw/GPC_promote/GamingBombII.jsp

it says something about cable management...
Easy Installation and Maintenance

* ICM - Integrated Cable Management Technology
* FlexiBay Hard Drive Cage Technology
* Screwless 5.25" Bay Design
* Screwless 3.5" Bay Design
* Removable & Tooless M/B Tray
* External PSU Installation

hmmm cable management?
i want this case... looks really nice, but im just wondering about that

elite.mafia said:
ok has any1 viewed the game bomb 2 demo @
http://www.chenbro.com.tw/GPC_promote/GamingBombII.jsp

it says something about cable management...

hmmm cable management?
i want this case... looks really nice, but im just wondering about that

While it does look fairly promising, a lot of the statements about the wire management stuff in the case is pretty general....I too would like to see a review of it. Looks to much like a Mac for me though.....eeeeevvillll. :p

it looks the sexah beast known as a g5, not the g4 or any of that crap... its beautiful :D . I'm just curious about this wire wire management stuff.

cornelious0_0 said:
I did read it....I'm just sayin' is all......it makes it look cleaner then it should be.....kinda like when ppl put in a GFX card that doesnt need a power connection....I see it as cheating, cus my box would actually look a lot cleaner without that ONE wire coming out into the case :p

ONE? Hah! I have 2!

Wait I don't think that's something to be proud of...

cornelious0_0 said:
What in the world do you think I'm doing here with no digicam.....letting people know what I think and helping them when i can. I will admit that it's gone a bit off topic, but I have every right to post as much as I want in here without posting any pics....because the thread IS here for ppl to give comments on the wiring that is posted up.

And the uploader I had used to post my pics before has gone down....which is why the pics don't work....a lot has changed in my case since those pics and i'm waiting a bit to take new pics, but I still have every right to stay here and post about ppl's wiring jobs, because I'm still participating.
i agree with him... LEAVE HIM ALONE :)

i forget, did i post my pics in here yet?

elite.mafia said:
nice job y2k, can u give some more close ups... zoom in on some wires and stuff.
While I'm at it, what specifically would you like close ups of?

Here are some shots from different angles and the last one is where it sits with everything turned on.
LightsOn.JPG

WiresFull.JPG

WiresWindow.JPG

Wireswindowangle.JPG

Its a thermaltake case, but I painted the inside and mounted the ccfl switches on the front so it isnt as bad as some of their cases.

I tried photobucket but they wont let you register after 2pm so I used a site they said to use...hope it works.

ok i must say it looks nice... but its a thermaltake :rolleyes: ya anyways, wiring is great. but what the hell happend to the heatsink fan? wires are all over the place up and around there... that needs to be fixed. i guess a 7 out of 10 so far, but compared to other peoples thermaltake's, a 10 out of 10.

Y2K SE said:
While I'm at it, what specifically would you like close ups of?

cd drive bays, wires coming out of cd drives, the OTHER side... hard drive wires, and zoom in to where the sata cables, usb, firewire and all those other things are.

elite.mafia said:
ok i must say it looks nice... but its a thermaltake :rolleyes: ya anyways, wiring is great. but what the hell happend to the heatsink fan? wires are all over the place up and around there... that needs to be fixed. i guess a 7 out of 10 so far, but compared to other peoples thermaltake's, a 10 out of 10.

I didn't even notice the fan wires when I took the pics. They were hidden but they mush have popped out somehow. They are usually wrapped up around it and you can barely see them.

Back