Post your "rate my cables" here

wayne said:
u should do the cables NOW... it takes like 30 min?... :D

are those fans on the outside?

yes, I initially put them inside but I think they were too close to the hard drive cages, so I screwed them outside. and I'm not wasting more money on sleeving right now. I already said it's a Christmas project.

Azzkikr1337 said:
yes, I initially put them inside but I think they were too close to the hard drive cages, so I screwed them outside. and I'm not wasting more money on sleeving right now. I already said it's a Christmas project.
whats bad with having it close to the harddrive cages?

im not saying go and blow some money.. but for now, at least tuck some of those wires behind the mobo tray and the cd drive cage... hide some at least, thats hideous :p

also, if you dont wanna spent money on sleeving, i would try braiding it.. i heard this somewhere but i didnt try it on a psu, i tried it off this strand of molex connectors i cut off from a psu for a mod, and i braided that and it looks great and a lot neater... what do you guys think of that?.. i have a few spare psu's that i may just braid for the hell of it

wayne said:
whats bad with having it close to the harddrive cages?

im not saying go and blow some money.. but for now, at least tuck some of those wires behind the mobo tray and the cd drive cage... hide some at least, thats hideous :p

also, if you dont wanna spent money on sleeving, i would try braiding it.. i heard this somewhere but i didnt try it on a psu, i tried it off this strand of molex connectors i cut off from a psu for a mod, and i braided that and it looks great and a lot neater... what do you guys think of that?.. i have a few spare psu's that i may just braid for the hell of it

Azzkikr1337, do you not have any front intake fans in your case? A couple 80mm intakes are usually sufficient to cool your hard drives.....I dont meen to be rude here, but to me those two side fans blowing at the cages are kinda pointless....and more of an annoyance then anything else. Wait, I just noticed that you're in a Lian-Li aren't you? Dude, those two external fans ARE useless you realise right? I have nothing but my two front 80mm 32cfm fans blowing on my HDD and it runs at like 26C......which is EASILY low enough for anyone to be satisfied. Not only are the fans not needed to cool the harddrives, but they're really not going to be doing that much anyways....seeing as it looks like you haven't modded the cages at all....which means that more then half of the airflow isnt even getting TO the hard drives. Don't tell me you NEED them to help your case temps either....I'm running 4 32cfm 80mm fans in the stock mounts and a single 85cfm 120mm fan on my side panel blowing on my 6800GT, and my case temp is like 26C.

In terms of the wiring, you could take a half hour to tuck some of them behind your drive cages or the mobo tray or something. I know that these cases aren't initally the easiest things to wire up.....but if you take the time (not that much required) to eye it up and be creative its actually very simple.

I'm not trying to just be an ass here, but those two external fans are kinda useless, and are just adding to the clutter. As for the rest of the "mess" inside.....get to work just eyeing things up and thinking of where you could re-route stuff too, it'll be well worth your time.

6852.jpg

Take a look at my TT case...

http://www.tweakup.dk/HTML/casemods/mod.php?id=1253

wayne said:
u should do the cables NOW... it takes like 30 min?... :D
30 Min? i spent almost 1 hour and 30 min on mine. You could spend 30 min on it but it wouldnt look any better. he would probably get to taking everything out (psu cd rom drives hard drives motherboard etc) and dusting it. (i always dust when i open my case) and then to put it all back in and thats about 30 min right there. now he doesnt have anything hooked up and the wires are not done.

note how i removed my serial port all together in order to clean up the area below the video card.

Before:
DSC007551.jpg

After:
DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

Wish I could get a new case...

Damn case I have now is a $30 Powmax, which came with one of their AWESOME 400w PSU's (sarcasm), but don't worry I don't use it :D

are u sure those 2 systems are the same??? u installed a new heatsink, covered all the pci slots, put heatsinks on the ram, ramsinks on the gfx card... new fan... nice work if that is the same system :eek:

DRJ1014 said:
30 Min? i spent almost 1 hour and 30 min on mine. You could spend 30 min on it but it wouldnt look any better. he would probably get to taking everything out (psu cd rom drives hard drives motherboard etc) and dusting it. (i always dust when i open my case) and then to put it all back in and thats about 30 min right there. now he doesnt have anything hooked up and the wires are not done.
30 min is sufficient to roughly brush the wires away and tuck them behind the mobotray/cddrive cage, and maybe some zip ties

but for professional wire management, its going to take a LOT longer than that... i spent endless hours on mine and its still kinda messy

im just saying that 30 min will make that case look a LOT better than what he has now altho not the best, but a lot better

L0s7 4 Lyf3, you wanna know the first irritating little thing that I saw that'll take about 2 seconds for you to "fix"??? That stupid molex connector between the side of the case and the HDD cage.....why not plug it in beHIND the cage and get it out of sight? :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Azzkikr1337, do you not have any front intake fans in your case? A couple 80mm intakes are usually sufficient to cool your hard drives.....I dont meen to be rude here, but to me those two side fans blowing at the cages are kinda pointless....and more of an annoyance then anything else. Wait, I just noticed that you're in a Lian-Li aren't you? Dude, those two external fans ARE useless you realise right? I have nothing but my two front 80mm 32cfm fans blowing on my HDD and it runs at like 26C......which is EASILY low enough for anyone to be satisfied. Not only are the fans not needed to cool the harddrives, but they're really not going to be doing that much anyways....seeing as it looks like you haven't modded the cages at all....which means that more then half of the airflow isnt even getting TO the hard drives. Don't tell me you NEED them to help your case temps either....I'm running 4 32cfm 80mm fans in the stock mounts and a single 85cfm 120mm fan on my side panel blowing on my 6800GT, and my case temp is like 26C.

In terms of the wiring, you could take a half hour to tuck some of them behind your drive cages or the mobo tray or something. I know that these cases aren't initally the easiest things to wire up.....but if you take the time (not that much required) to eye it up and be creative its actually very simple.

I'm not trying to just be an ass here, but those two external fans are kinda useless, and are just adding to the clutter. As for the rest of the "mess" inside.....get to work just eyeing things up and thinking of where you could re-route stuff too, it'll be well worth your time.

You are right, they are somewhat only for good looking. But, how many hard drives do you have? I have 4 hard drives at the bottom and they tend to get hot if I don't clean the front filters every two weeks. Also, my WD Raptor hard drive died after 3 months because of insufficient airflow. That's what the white LED fan is doing. Serving one hard drive. :D. As for braiding, screw that. I'm not in a PC good looking contest here. The computer works fine. Plus, I can always just unplug the fans if I wish.

elite.mafia said:
are u sure those 2 systems are the same??? u installed a new heatsink, covered all the pci slots, put heatsinks on the ram, ramsinks on the gfx card... new fan... nice work if that is the same system :eek:
those are the same systems. the heatsink/cpufan is the same. he put ram sinks on pci slot covers on. if you look closely you can see his (looks like a sound card in the bottom pci slot) sound car and his IDE cables

Azzkikr1337 said:
You are right, they are somewhat only for good looking. But, how many hard drives do you have? I have 4 hard drives at the bottom and they tend to get hot if I don't clean the front filters every two weeks. Also, my WD Raptor hard drive died after 3 months because of insufficient airflow. That's what the white LED fan is doing. Serving one hard drive. :D. As for braiding, screw that. I'm not in a PC good looking contest here. The computer works fine. Plus, I can always just unplug the fans if I wish.

Well if you want my HONEST opinion the fans look very out of place.....color wise, and how they are mounted. I can see where you're coming from with the hard drive temps.....but I still think that there could have been a better way to do it then that.....i mean, i highly doubt the one fan actually having any effect on the hdd cage is really doing that much anyways.....might be better just to get some nice fans upfront and cut your own intake holes for some better airflow. That filter is VERY annoying and cuts my airflow of my LED fans in half.....I'm willing to wipe some dust off the bottom of my case once a week if it means my fans are putting through twice as much airflow into the case....which they are.

Might be some things for you to check into.

I was looking @ L0s7 4 Lyf3 case with the ram heatsinks on the VGA and was wondering can they be easily removed if want to send the VGA for an rma to newegg or who ever you bought your parts from?

chronic9 said:
I was looking @ L0s7 4 Lyf3 case with the ram heatsinks on the VGA and was wondering can they be easily removed if want to send the VGA for an rma to newegg or who ever you bought your parts from?

Heh, depends.....anything other then (overpriced) Arctic Silver Epoxy is usually a synch to get off. Not sure what he used though.

DRJ1014 said:
those are the same systems. the heatsink/cpufan is the same. he put ram sinks on pci slot covers on. if you look closely you can see his (looks like a sound card in the bottom pci slot) sound car and his IDE cables

theres no way the cpu heastsink is the same.. i mean look at them... and that wasnt just a rewiring.. those pics must've been a few months apart.

elite.mafia said:
theres no way the cpu heastsink is the same.. i mean look at them... and that wasnt just a rewiring.. those pics must've been a few months apart.

Umm, I think I might have just realised something.......while he did add ramsinks and stuff....the mobo/optical drivers/hard drives/sound card/video card have all remained the same.....and guess what.....so is the CPU HSF.....

The first pic is with the side panel ON.....and that LED fan is attached to teh side of the case, not the heatsink at all. Look closely, the screws do not pass through the mounting holes on the other side of the fan.....the fan is simply screwed to the window....leaving the TMD fan combo behind it....recieving the cool air.

Time to let this one rest ppl, he changed some immobile/unwired ramsinks and everything else IS the same.....he's all good.

L0s7 4 Lyf3, sry for all the trouble. ;)

Well.

I am gonna put an extra 80MM blow hole under my other one, so I am gonna order that from xoxide, and get another blade fan grill.

Also, my rocker switch is in my hdd cage in the top right hole, I want me harddrive to be right against it without that space, anyone have any other suggestions of where I can put my rocker?

sdk said:
Well.

I am gonna put an extra 80MM blow hole under my other one, so I am gonna order that from xoxide, and get another blade fan grill.

Also, my rocker switch is in my hdd cage in the top right hole, I want me harddrive to be right against it without that space, anyone have any other suggestions of where I can put my rocker?

Might seem kind weird, but it just popped into my head.....ever thought of routing the wiring to the top of your case and having the rocker in the top-front corner of the case? I don't see that done enough.

Guys I need you opinion.

I am gonna get another 80MM exhaust under my other one in my case. I am gonna dremel out the stock fan grill on the back of the case, and when I make my new one, neither will have a grill.

Should I get twomore blade fan grills, making that a total of four, two on inside and two on ourtisde, or just two regular 80MM wire grills on the back of the mobo tray protecting from any wires, and having the nice ones on the inside so people can see them from my window? I don't want it to look two riced out, but I don't want it to look out of place.

i bought a raptor 36 gig and i heard some stories that they do over heat and burn out. So iam thinking of getting a HDD cooler fan for it. Will it do the job well enough for me not to worry about my HDD burning out 1 night?

chronic9 said:
i bought a raptor 36 gig and i heard some stories that they do over heat and burn out. So iam thinking of getting a HDD cooler fan for it. Will it do the job well enough for me not to worry about my HDD burning out 1 night?
dont hijack this thread .

chronic9 said:
Mod please delete this post.

JR_Rider said:
thanx ill take a pic of behind the mbo and let you guys see that

Get one from behind the mobo, and from an angle looking through the window towards the front of the case.....I wanna see if i can spot anything. ;)

chronic9 said:
make your own thread

and yea, mods, delete that

wayne said:
make your own thread

and yea, mods, delete that

Deleting a post for an inocent offtopic question like that isn't really necessary I'd say....but I agree that it should NOT be here.....please post pics of your wiring or comments/questions about other ppl's wiring to keep the thread streamlined.

welcome to the jungle. or the rats nest, whatever you prefer.

we have some custom made sleeving...aka electrical tape. we have a small film of dust everywhere to improve thermal conditions.

P1010024.jpg

thats one huge bitch!

ps - i swear it was looking good when i first built this system, but after messing around and having piece of shit northbridge heatsinks fall off i just throw the crap back in there. its not fun

y0bailey said:
welcome to the jungle. or the rats nest, whatever you prefer.

we have some custom made sleeving...aka electrical tape. we have a small film of dust everywhere to improve thermal conditions.

P1010024.jpg

thats one huge bitch!

ps - i swear it was looking good when i first built this system, but after messing around and having piece of shit northbridge heatsinks fall off i just throw the crap back in there. its not fun
wow, that has got to be a LOT of electrical tape :eek:

it still seems messy tho

i see your nice ghetto modded fans that blow on the cards :D

that has got to be one of the ugliest in here. hide the wires plz. i bet if i got my hands on that case it would look sooo clean and neat but plz do somethin w/ that....*shakes head, scrunches face, and says eeeeeewwwww*

JR_Rider said:
that has got to be one of the ugliest in here. hide the wires plz. i bet if i got my hands on that case it would look sooo clean and neat but plz do somethin w/ that....*shakes head, scrunches face, and says eeeeeewwwww*

To each his own bud.....I personally appreciate the ghetto look and all, so yeah......its all good.

I would also like to sit down with that box for an hour or so myself.....as nice things would take place. :)

Dude, are you not thinking of ever taking that electrical tape off the cables at all? I hope not, last time I used it on any cables it left nothing but that annoying sticky film behind.....and you're gonna have a LOT of it.

Heres my computer :D ..cords arent perfect.. ill get to that soon

Asus A7n8x-E Deluxe (asus pwns)
Amd athlon 3000 Barton
Ati radedon 9800 aiw Pro
1 gig of pc2700 from mushkin

3 hard drives :
80 gig IDe Western Digital
160 gig MAxtor serial ata
160 gig Seagate Serial ata

Sony DRU-530a Dvd burner
:DPlextor premium 52x32x52 Cd Burner
audigy 2 OEM