Post your "rate my cables" here

On the back of the case there are railings that the back panel slides on, so i tucked the IDE cables on those things. Behind the mobo thing mite work, i guess ill give it a try after i come bak from college tomm. I am kind out of ideas, rather - i cant stick anything anywhere physically. I want to sell my 3 IDE HDDs and get one 250 gig sata drive. that would clean a SHYT load of wiring up, get rid of that IDE controller and i will probably just stick both of my optical drives onto one cable since i never do disc-to-disc coping and give me back a whole line of power connectors.

chronic9 said:
On the back of the case there are railings that the back panel slides on, so i tucked the IDE cables on those things. Behind the mobo thing mite work, i guess ill give it a try after i come bak from college tomm. I am kind out of ideas, rather - i cant stick anything anywhere physically. I want to sell my 3 IDE HDDs and get one 250 gig sata drive. that would clean a SHYT load of wiring up, get rid of that IDE controller and i will probably just stick both of my optical drives onto one cable since i never do disc-to-disc coping and give me back a whole line of power connectors.
you didnt even attempt to post pictures :confused:

LESS TALK MORE PICS

:)

(I'd post mine but I'm in the middle of an upgrade)

v3rt1g0 said:
LESS TALK MORE PICS

:)

(I'd post mine but I'm in the middle of an upgrade)
you in the middle of upgrading your camera?

if not then why not post pictures now? who cares if your upgrading. your complaining about people talking and not posting well your doing the same thing

DRJ1014 said:

if not then why not post pictures now? who cares if your upgrading. your complaining about people talking and not posting well your doing the same thing

haha.....werd......I guess I shouldn't talk though.....I have posted in here once or twice....but I did redo some of it....so I guess I'll take some more pics......gimmie a sec. ;)

Alright, here we go....I decided to take things apart today and do a LITTLE rewiring. I'm gonna be selling my Audigy2 to make room for my cooling mods on my 6800GT (that's right, no PCI slots free baby) so I figured I'd just take it out now and redo the innards of my box to kill some time.

Seeing as this camera can NOT handle LED fans very well I figured I'd just shut down for this one.....a simply angle shot, showing off the (now clean looking) case/mobo.....with just my Fancard and 6800GT sitting installed. Ugg, I need a new PSU.....I'm NOT sleaving this POS.....and that white molex is pissing me off ;)
PICT0004.JPG

This is just to show off a part of the new wiring job I'm a little more proud of. Below I have 1 Fancard, 1 120mm fan, a floppy cable, and the front case leads all being routed to/from the bottom of the board there.....I really like how I got it tidied up. The power connection for the Fancard is actually behind the mobo and runs behind the floppy cable and underneath my HDD cage to get plugged in. Fun fun.
PICT0005.JPG

Like I said, the cam doesnt do LED's too well, but I didnt feel like shutting down again to take the last pic after i remembered. This is to show the side view of the HDD cage, and how well the floppy cable/case leads are now tucked away.....not to mention that there isn't another cable in sight other then the power/data for my SATA drive and the GT's cable. Not bad for a quick 10 minute job I'd say. :)
PICT0001.JPG

DRJ1014 said:

oh you just HAD to get all bent out of shape.. :(

My system does not have a motherboard in it. Pointless to post a pic, as I already noted.
I'm not posting anything else until I can post a pic, and I suggest the same for everyone.
My post above was just a friendly nudge to get the thread back on track. Chill out man. :cool:

Now... PICS

v3rt1g0 said:
oh you just HAD to get all bent out of shape.. :(

My system does not have a motherboard in it. Pointless to post a pic, as I already noted.
I'm not posting anything else until I can post a pic, and I suggest the same for everyone.
My post above was just a friendly nudge to get the thread back on track. Chill out man. :cool:

Now... PICS
pics?... you receive when you give :D

i know i know... its my turn soon :p

wayne said:
that single post link thingy is starting to get into a habit ehh? :D
ya it is only when people post pictures. i do it so it doesnt take up a lot of space.

DRJ1014 said:
ya it is only when people post pictures. i do it so it doesnt take up a lot of space.

True, I'm actually quite fond of that "post post" trick. ;)

And to answer your question....yes....the wiring is still a work in progress. I want to be ditching this POS Enermax PSU fairly soon for a 480W Antec NeoPower.....when I get the new PSU I'm going to be sleeving LITERALLY every single wiring in the computer black, with black heatshrink....so it'll be fairly nice.

Right now I'm gonna be picking up a new mobo to replace my silly AI7 and doing my cooling mods to my 6800GT before I do the PSU.....but it IS still on the way.

EDIT: Another thing that's actually making me want to do all the sleeving even more is the white molex connectors on this Enermax PSU. I'm not sure about the Neopower (I think it does) but I'm pretty sure it's got the same black molex plugs as the Truepower line....which would look REALLY nice right about now.....seeing as its that white molex that sticks out even more then the GT's power cable itself.

when my brother can find his camera i will take some pictures of it right now. i took out the side fan holder because it was blocking my veiw inside and the temps didnt decreas or inscrease so its cool. i got a new PSU already sleeved for me so now im waiting on getting new fans then im going to sleeve those wires and my case will be done.

well ive sorta tried to get cables out of the way but i dident put much effort. plus i have 7 fans and a 300 watt psu so i had to use some y connectors and then some fans werent getting enough power so my friend helped me. so if i take it apart ill have no idea how to hook them back up. i have 1 cd-rw, 1 hard drive,1 floppy, 7 fans, fan controll and temp monitor (hardcano) its a thermaltake xaser III v1000a. any tips appreacted i know to hide wires behind motherboard tray which i havent done yet. i may be getting a new psu anyway the one here http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/psu-97.html

heres a link to my pictures they are kinda big pics and i need to resize them so i can post them on here.

http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/case/

scottyk87 said:
well ive sorta tried to get cables out of the way but i dident put much effort. plus i have 7 fans and a 300 watt psu so i had to use some y connectors and then some fans werent getting enough power so my friend helped me. so if i take it apart ill have no idea how to hook them back up. i have 1 cd-rw, 1 hard drive,1 floppy, 7 fans, fan controll and temp monitor (hardcano) its a thermaltake xaser III v1000a. any tips appreacted i know to hide wires behind motherboard tray which i havent done yet. i may be getting a new psu anyway the one here http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/psu-97.html

heres a link to my pictures they are kinda big pics and i need to resize them so i can post them on here.

http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/case/

Take a dry erase marker, and mark a number on each connector, and put the same number on the connector it connects to. then when you go to put it back together you just match up the numbers. Then you can wipe them off if you want.

also unplug that gay button in the back. the one where if you take off the side pannel you cant turn on your computer. that gets really anoying. i have that same exact case. if my damn brother would look for his camera i could show you what i did withmine.

okay
before:
IMGP1110.jpg

After:
IMGP1258.jpg

the cold cathode is what makes my wires so damn ugly.... cus i plugged the hdd into the cathode's cords, it doesnt look all that good. The cathode has to stay there cus it takes up a pci slot in my case (lightswitch)

OMG @ PHOTBUCKET!!! these pics were 50x the size damnit!

do you have room ontop of the first cd rom? if so put some of those wires up there. i have been looking at it and it looks like you cant do a lot with that case. behind the mobo tray is out because there isnt enought room for a molex conectot.

DRJ1014 said:
do you have room ontop of the first cd rom? if so put some of those wires up there. i have been looking at it and it looks like you cant do a lot with that case. behind the mobo tray is out because there isnt enought room for a molex conectot.
actually i have some molex connecters back there (4 pins...) i have tons of lil wires from fans and such, i had the atx pwr cable hiddin, but the case wouldnt close :mad: so i had to take the whole psu out to pull out the cable... i spent way too much time on it and it doesnt looks all that much better.. there really is nowhere to hide the cables, not an inch over the top cd drive! Thats why i have had my eye on a chieftec matrix for a while now....

DRJ1014 said:
also unplug that gay button in the back. the one where if you take off the side pannel you cant turn on your computer. that gets really anoying. i have that same exact case. if my damn brother would look for his camera i could show you what i did withmine.

hmm im not sure what button u mean. i can take off my side pannel and still swing the door open and press the power on.
also here are those pics smaller incase someone dident catch them
DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

bigger pics http://scottyk87.dmservers.com/case/

its at the top of the back of the case. see above the power supply that black and yellow cable? if you have it hooked up and you take off the side panel you cant turn on your computer. its a security thing thats annoyiing

scott u should clean some of the dust out of ur comp with a swiffer.... or some compressed air. So much dust man... so many wires...

tylerhskate, it looks nice
as for scottyk87, you need to do some major renovation of your computer ;) . My case looked like that when I first made it (see page one of this thread). then I said, wait a minute, wtf is the point of theses fans if they are blocked by all that garbage? sorry, but those wire just bug me :rolleyes:

Rate mine! Keep in mind that I just got this case yesterday and still need to do some sleeving:
togetherclose.jpg

I'll post a closeup tomorrow.

tylerhskate, it's a good start....but you've still got a lot of simple routing/hiding to be done. I'm not talking about any extravagent stuff at all......but with a bit of time put into it you should be good to go.

scottyk87, you've got some MAJOR work to do man.....that hurts my eyes. :(

scottyk87, Ummmmmm Okay, Clean that sucker. And you have a 300watt PS. When you turn the computer on does it yell, "HELP MOMMY"!!!!!!

scottyk87

you have a LOT of work to do... clean out those dust and organize the wires... it'll take a while but its worth it

KillerButler said:
you have a 300watt PS. When you turn the computer on does it yell, "HELP MOMMY"!!!!!!

No kidding.....holy crap man....get with it.

clean out those dust and organize the wires... it'll take a while but its worth it

It's the truth man......my original wiring job in my Lian-Li wasnt that bad cus i did it up fairly good the first time, but you WILL love it when you're done. :)

KillerButler said:
scottyk87, Ummmmmm Okay, Clean that sucker. And you have a 300watt PS. When you turn the computer on does it yell, "HELP MOMMY"!!!!!!
i got a generic 300w and its tugging along no sweat... a p4 northwood with a full size atx mobo, two optic drives, one floppy, a harddrive... and like, at least 8 fans... used to be 11 but the system kept restarting cus of like an overload

wayne said:
i got a generic 300w and its tugging along no sweat... a p4 northwood with a full size atx mobo, two optic drives, one floppy, a harddrive... and like, at least 8 fans... used to be 11 but the system kept restarting cus of like an overload

It's just that most of us are in the positions where a 300W would NOT cut it anymore......hell.....you couldnt pay me to wire up my rig with a no-name 300W right now. No jokes. :cool:

Azzkikr1337 said:
I have to do something about the cables. That'll be my winter project once school is over

nightglow.jpg

nightglow2.jpg

nightglow-flash.jpg
u should do the cables NOW... it takes like 30 min?... :D

are those fans on the outside?

Back