before:

P1000859-1.jpg

after:

P1000886.jpg

P1000878.jpg

Whole case, bit a bit blurry.

Wires near the top.

Wires at the bottom.

Hard drives. Yay suspension! (*So* much quieter.)

Wires at the bottom, view #2.

I want to cut holes in it and hide some of the hard drive wires, but I'm not sure I can do that. Oh. I don't have a pciture of it with the side on...

wow didn't see this pic earlier...but thats a $1000+ load of games there....impressive, I got a couple of my games I bought and the rest burnt and downloaded.

A people wonder why developers don't want to make PC games. :mad::rolleyes:

@Mike211 - Great job with that cable management, looks a million times better than before.

Well not everyone can afford everything they want, esp when your paying for your own internet bills and half raising your own self up and paying off school fees (well not the whole) and at the age of 16. I just download the games, like it, I buy it when I get the money or else I just delete the files.

Well if you can't afford it then you don't buy it, simple as that.
Sure I'd like to get every new game that comes out but I can't afford that, I have school and a hardware addiction so I only get the game I know I'm going to like such as Bioshock, Orange Box, Supreme Commander, etc. Have I made mistakes? Fuck yes, I bought Age of Conan and I die a little bit inside every single time I see it.

EDIT: I do pay all my internet bills as well as for my food, insurance, gas, utilities though some of this is split between my roommates and I.

Yeah but my other alternative of obtaining something I want to just downloading it, yes you maybe against it, and of course I'd rather have a original then a burnt crap or iso mounted in Daemon Tools on my computer, but I find it hard to resist getting and playing the game when I have gaming addiction like no tomorrow. Your 18, you got a full time or part time job. At age 16, things are much harder. Trust me, for me it is.

EDIT: I would like to know whats the cost of a new release pc game in your area. Well more like your country.

i like to buy games so i have boxes next to my desk so i can say ''ya i bought those, they might be used but meh''

and lol @ mike, for some odd reason everytime he posts something about his computer, i get a show off feeling from it, but hey, who wouldnt :D

I know it's harder at 16.
Ouch, you live in Aussie. That makes it much harder since games are what? AU $100?

Yes exactly...thats what I mean. And COD4 and COD5 here costs $90 still...see. Do you feel my pain now? =[ The same goes for hardware here as well!

Matthew_kane, move to Korea so that you can stop getting flack for burning games. i live in Korea. I buy my DVD's for $5 a peice. $10 blueray. Download my games and burn to DVD's. I even was able to pick up adobe after effects for $35 on the 'strip.' Oh the joys of no copyright laws :D :D

I hope you both get a virus that hoses the partition table of your HD. :)

And whys that? Actually my system will never fail...I make 3 backups of what I have and keep them on separate external hard drives which I will never use unless the primary files on my hdd gets deleted or a hdd meltdown. And I keep my confidential stuff on 2 32GB Corsair USB Flash Drives. And did I mention my computer is locked up in a standalone titanium storage compartment along with 4 MasterLocks securing it and also a upstairs server which is locked up in Horizontal laid down self made full steel rack under my bed?

And no I did not make all the above on the spot...thats how secure I am, esp when your a hkr.

I'm stealing this idea, haha.:D

Steal away!

I was just about to say, i'm surpised no one commented about the "fishline" hard drive mounting, and then someone did, lol.

I want to know how it is working out!

It's not fishline... It's Streatch Magic. I used it on my 2480 as well and both are working very well. I have been happy with it anyway. I can't hear my HDD's.

And whys that? Actually my system will never fail...I make 3 backups of what I have and keep them on separate external hard drives which I will never use unless the primary files on my hdd gets deleted or a hdd meltdown. And I keep my confidential stuff on 2 32GB Corsair USB Flash Drives. And did I mention my computer is locked up in a standalone titanium storage compartment along with 4 MasterLocks securing it and also a upstairs server which is locked up in Horizontal laid down self made full steel rack under my bed?

And no I did not make all the above on the spot...thats how secure I am, esp when your a hkr.

And you can't manage to buy games, yep, sure, I believe you.

Just look for bargains and buy games (i.e. Crysis - $20AU at DSE).

Sadly no digital camera for me, so my computer cabling will have to wait :(

@ mike211

Hey i would like to see those pcie e power cables all pulled down to the front hole and zipped tied together.

gerok, nice cable management. Easy for me to tell that's a CM690. Inside looks 10X better painted black, I did that too. Mine's heavily modded, I should get some pics up :D(HDD not in the usual area etc. ;)). I'm going to sleeve my power/reset/LED cables. Wish my sata ports were 90°. :)

Slyr7.62, thanks! It definitely is 10x better black...everything just looks a lot cleaner. I forgot to take a pic with the HDD side..but it doesn't matter because there is only the sata cables there. All wires are hidden behind the back panel, which I have to squeeze to fit. :)

FiZuR, IMHO powder coating is going over board. I guess if your going to keep your case for a long time it's worth it, otherwise 'ceramic based' engine enamel, or ever lacquer based automotive paints is going to be more than enough. I guess powder coating prices aren't too bad these days (~$100 for the case)

Here's my first attempt at true cable management, i.e. cutting holes and such. I bought my Sunbeam Transformer like 2 or 3 years ago when I was young and naive, thinking the led fans and cold cathodes were cool. Now, I hate the thing. It's heavy as hell, hard to work with, and isn't the most attractive case out there. Next build, I'm definitely going Lian-Li.

dscn3005zl1.jpg

Specs are in sig.

This is a rig I just built for my parents in a Cooler Master Centurion 5. Much easier to work with than my case, not to mention the fact that my parents just had less stuff to put in it than I do.

dscn3003lc3.jpg

wannabepilot-> what about stuffing the extra wires/cables above those top 2 drives? That case is so tall, and its an antec ***0, so, its gonna suck for cables. Those to bunches (left of the top drives and left of the bottom drives) should be able to be stuffed above the bottom drives.

Here's my first attempt at true cable management, i.e. cutting holes and such. I bought my Sunbeam Transformer like 2 or 3 years ago when I was young and naive, thinking the led fans and cold cathodes were cool. Now, I hate the thing. It's heavy as hell, hard to work with, and isn't the most attractive case out there. Next build, I'm definitely going Lian-Li.

We all go through that! You have to start somewhere!

Like my dad always said, you don't learn by getting things right.

OTOH, it looks pretty good. Nice to see a S939 still in use!

Still lots of work to do bro! Again, you have to start somewhere!

Truely, looks like you should rip all the cables out and start fresh. Otherwise, attack them one problem at a time. Start with the 12V line duct taped to the back panel -- get rid of the tape and run the line under the video card because it prolly won't reach if under the mobo tray without an extension.

Next, pull all the cable slack out to the back of the system and store it there out of sight.

The IDE cable is an eyesore. Most of the problem is due to the crappy IDE connector location on the mobo. Pull it out, flatten it and take out the kinks by gentally rubbing it back and forth over a smooth corner of a desk or even your leg -- the heat from friction will help mold it flat, but be gental. Then carefully fold it while running it to the drive, lots of old school pics of this method. Optionally, pick up a long rounded IDE cable that will reach from the backside and keep out of site.

Thats a start, anyway. Would like to see what it looks like after than, and then make more suggestions.

Before:
img1746ml5.jpg

After:
img1750cm7.jpg

Back