Post your "rate my cables" here

PICT0695.jpg

any better?

He's my three... Could have done better, but it's time consuming to get them right. If I never had to pull things apart, it'd be okay.

P180B

img_8108.jpg

IMG_8110.JPG

IMG_8113.JPG

NSK-2480

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7380.jpg

IMG_7382.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

NSK-3480

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7836.JPG

IMG_7855.jpg

YamahaSHO, is that one of those cool USB bracelet thingys in the last pic? Where'd you get that?!?!

That is a good little collection you have there. :D

Thank you :)

Is that a scythe /mini cooler?

Yes, the NSK-2480 has a Ninja Mini. I've had really good luck with it.

The other two boxes have Ninja 2's. The P180B also uses a bolt-thru kit. The 3480 is an AMD, so I didn't need anything special to get a good mount.

YamahaSHO, is that one of those cool USB bracelet thingys in the last pic? Where'd you get that?!?!

It came with my Phenom x3 8450 when I ordered it from New Egg. It's pretty cool, it's 2GB, and was free :)

How's that air duct working out for you?

EXTREMELY well. It allows me to keep the processor and the rest of the computer cool with one slow spinning fan. Without the duct, the CPU would get VERY toasty duing stress testing. I originally thought I had bad contact, then I felt the cooler and it was HOT.

It's amazing what a little innovation and cardboard can do to temps! Is that just plain silver duct tape on the cardboard to get the silver finish?

This is my first attempt so please leave comments on how I can improve (because I think it still looks like garbage). The case is a Lian Li PC-7FW

img1910er8.jpg

Here it is with the window on (sorry for the flash)

img1908be3.jpg

CHUFLY, I might have a few tips for wires. If you can, put the 4-pin CPU connector behind the mobo tray, if it's not long enough you can get an extender. Also, there's a couple 3pin fan/molex wires @ the top(rightish), maybe those could be pulled neat and tight or something.

CHUFLY, I might have a few tips for wires. If you can, put the 4-pin CPU connector behind the mobo tray, if it's not long enough you can get an extender. Also, there's a couple 3pin fan/molex wires @ the top(rightish), maybe those could be pulled neat and tight or something.

I didn't realize they made extenders for the 4-ping CPU connector, I'll be picking up one this weekend :). I might just go ahead and sleeve the bare wires from the front panel connectors as well as the fan wires. Thanks for the comments!

I also have a suggestion, you could try tightening the wires such as the front panel connectors so they are parallel to the top/bottom of the motherboard tray, where as they are drooping down. Try to get as many of the wires straight like that as you can, it really helps.

Been working on the wiring for a couple weeks while waiting for my laptop to sell so I could buy the mobo/ram. Mobo showed up a couple hours ago, RAM should be here tomorrow, but theres not a big difference visually with it, and I wanted to post some pics. :D

Intel i7 920
Asus P6T
BFG GTX280OC
Enermax modu82+ 625W
WD Vraptor 150
WD WD7500AAKS
SATA optical
CM centurion 590

Looking In

PSU / USB / Firewire / Pwr button wiring

Upper "chamber"

SATA wiring / power

With the CPU/HSF

The ugly side

The SATA/SAS plugs arent designed for these clawed cables, I cracked the upped plug putting the connections in. Oh well, long as it works still.

Opinions?

Just updated (freshened up) my Lian Li PC-A05B (home theater setup) about 2 hours ago. I just finished installing my new XFX GTX 260 (216) Black Edition, a Xigmatek S-128EE CPU cooler and a Thermalright HR-05 Northbridge cooler..

Everything else remained the same: Q6600, 1066 Gskill Ram, Asus P5E-VM HDMI mobo, Enermax Galaxy 1K psu..

DSCN1049.jpg

Ok- thought I'd throw my offering to the lions. I need some help or suggestions with this Lian-Li A05. I don't quite know how to handle the ball of wires around the HDDs and the t-balancer. The ultimate goal of course is *no* wires visible, but not sure if it would work for this thread ;).
A05Before.jpg

A05After.jpg

I've got the "L" bracket for the Bottom of the PSU, but had to adjust for the powercord. The false bottom tunnel does provide a nice shot of outside air directly to the PSU through the open ports at the back bottom of A05 and takes the PSU out of the case airflow. The front and back fans blow in, with the top fans for exhaust out.

Been working on the wiring for a couple weeks while waiting for my laptop to sell so I could buy the mobo/ram. Mobo showed up a couple hours ago, RAM should be here tomorrow, but theres not a big difference visually with it, and I wanted to post some pics. :D

Intel i7 920
Asus P6T
BFG GTX280OC
Enermax modu82+ 625W
WD Vraptor 150
WD WD7500AAKS
SATA optical
CM centurion 590

Looking In

PSU / USB / Firewire / Pwr button wiring

Upper "chamber"

SATA wiring / power

With the CPU/HSF

The ugly side

The SATA/SAS plugs arent designed for these clawed cables, I cracked the upped plug putting the connections in. Oh well, long as it works still.

Opinions?

Looks great! I especially like all the angles you provide.

Just updated (freshened up) my Lian Li PC-A05B (home theater setup) about 2 hours ago. I just finished installing my new XFX GTX 260 (216) Black Edition, a Xigmatek S-128EE CPU cooler and a Thermalright HR-05 Northbridge cooler..

Everything else remained the same: Q6600, 1066 Gskill Ram, Asus P5E-VM HDMI mobo, Enermax Galaxy 1K psu..

DSCN1049.jpg

why dont you turn the hsf 180* so the fan blows the hot air directly out the exhaust fan?

why dont you turn the hsf 180* so the fan blows the hot air directly out the exhaust fan?

It looks like he's using a Lian-Li A05 case, which has an intake fan on the bottom (and in his setup, it's the green fan).

thats true, i couldnt tell last night if it was intake or exhaust, was so tired!

Ok- thought I'd through my offering to the lions. I need some help or suggestions with this Lian-Li A05. I don't quite know how to handle the ball of wires around the HDDs and the t-balancer. The ultimate goal of course is *no* wires visible, but not sure if it would work for this thread ;).

Am I the only one to pick up on this mistake?

I was just about to say, i'm surpised no one commented about the "fishline" hard drive mounting, and then someone did, lol.

I want to know how it is working out!

Very good.. It is a Lian Li PC-A05. The air flow is basically "reversed" that the standard fresh air from the front, exhaust air to the rear. I am able to achieve better temps this way.

@coues11

You could always pull those wires tight and tuck them behind the hdd tray and that would help out a bit.

Back