Post your "rate my cables" here

Hehe, I hope you're getting rid of that BIX.

Yes. I am replacing it with the ThermoChill HE120.3. I am going to ditch the reservoir and add two fillports for filling and draining.

xfoureyedgeek said:
Yes. I am replacing it with the ThermoChill HE120.3. I am going to ditch the reservoir and add two fillports for filling and draining.

Good to hear, you'll have to get me hooked up with some pics, cus as soon as my heatercore shows up and it's all up and running I'm gonna constantly be looking for ways to improve the efficiency of it all. ;)

cornelious,
You're gonna get a NeoPower after all the crap that has been said about them? Heh, what a risk taker you are :p

Finsta said:
cornelious,
You're gonna get a NeoPower after all the crap that has been said about them? Heh, what a risk taker you are :p

This is another one of those things I keep urging you to simply PM me about....as it has no relevance to the thread at all.....and for the record I haven't heard any reason NOT to buy one.....but if someone has something to say to me about a planned purchase please PM me about it.....and leave more room for those "down and dirty" cable shots. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
and leave more room for those "down and dirty" cable shots. 8)

speak of the devil...:p

IMG_1127.JPG

well, sorry for the bad "paint" job on the bottom, there was a little water from the tube :eek: lol....im RMAing my pump soon and should be ordering a new one (probly an eheim 1250) soon...

give me hints/suggestions...i might be getting a new case soon too (80% chance), and i'm looking at the Silverstone Temjin 6 (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-163-031&depa=0), or something else if anyone can convince me otherwise...

so yeah, any comments on my work, please post...i worked for about 30-40 minutes, so its nothing huge...thanks!

hahaha, that's great :p

i see what you mean when you say you mangled ur 6800 Cooler :eek:!!!

but yeah, it looks nice on the one side...but can't anyone rate MY cables? lol

Alex41290 said:
but yeah, it looks nice on the one side...but can't anyone rate MY cables? lol

Are you kidding....it looks like ass compared to what I had in the un-modded Lian-Li....just wait 'till you see the finished case. ;)

My old P4 from earlier this year. Never cleaned it up, as I moved it over to a Lian-Li PC71 that was a heck of a lot cleaner (it's now in a box awaiting a new case). :)

FUCK cleanliness & organization. 0/10 :)

cloggedsystem.jpg

//Edit: 5 HDD's (2 36.7 GB WD Raptors, 2 120GB WD Caviar SE's, 1 100 GB WD Caviar). Storage of media, FTP, video files, documents, digital projects, etc.

3 of the 4 5.25" bays were packed as well (Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM, Lite-On 48x12x48 CD-RW, SB Audigy 2 Platinum "Live Drive" and the top one was stuffed with a few extra wires.

This was the system that I managed to really dim the rails on that TruePower 430W PSU you see (12V was 11.3, 5V was 4.65, 3.3 was 3.12).

Realized it was time to get a new case :)

As for vibrations. Yes, that case shook slightly when defraging. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
That hurts my eyes.....
Hey, somebody beat me. No fair. ;) My wiring is better now though, noticably, but not quite there. You still need to teach me some stuff :p

Five HDDs... :eek: I bet if you put a marble on the top it'll bounce/shoot right off from the vibrations... jk. ;) What do you do with all that space? :cool:

Impulse said:
Five HDDs... :eek: I bet if you put a marble on the top it'll bounce/shoot right off from the vibrations... jk. ;) What do you do with all that space? :cool:

Well hey, at least he's putting the drive bays all to good use. ;)

what's hilarious is that this thread is about saying how good cabling people have...and then people post pictures like that :)eek: ) and we have more fun commenting on them :p

btw, yes, that does hurt my eyes!!

so, 5 HDDs AND a floppy? looks like u used up all the 5 1/4" bays too....at least you "attempted" to help it :p

muahaha my pics are so bad you cant even see my wires!(real men have a rats nest in there rig:eek:)
newnewpics001.jpg

wait...yea you can :(
(might i add that this bad boy is no where near being finished :D )

Impulse said:
Five HDDs... I bet if you put a marble on the top it'll bounce/shoot right off from the vibrations... jk. ;) What do you do with all that space?
pr0n? :p Maybe he does alot of 3dsmax or Maya. YeaAboutMalmrose, we need close ups to judge you better. ;)

YeaAboutMalmrose, the lighting seems a bit too much for me, but it's all good. ;) I can see the wiring behind that green blur in your case, and it does need some work.....but it's not THAT bad.

ok thanks guys, ill be working on it today since i have some free time :D

btw- im running two neon lights in there and somehow my camera made them look brighter than the sun itself :confused: ill have better pics later

CIMG31.jpg

Mine owns you all :D Its actually cleaner now...i just cant find the charger for my frickin cam. I'm gonna buy 2x white cothode lights ( or blue..cant decide ) and a Cooler Master door w/ window. The front bay is already hooked up ( has an aerogate II, CM drive covers )

Circuitbreaker8 said:
CIMG31.jpg

Mine owns you all :D Its actually cleaner now...i just cant find the charger for my frickin cam. I'm gonna buy 2x white cothode lights ( or blue..cant decide ) and a Cooler Master door w/ window. The front bay is already hooked up ( has an aerogate II, CM drive covers )

Oh yea? My Computer > Your computer
Computer-Wiring-009.jpg

Mine owns you all Its actually cleaner now...

It had better be a LOT clean then it is in the pic if you're making statements like that....cus there's still a fair bit of work to do there bud. :) Get us some new shots, I need motivation to get my case finished and teach you all a thing or two. ;)

n64man120, that is nice....just the motivation I was looking for. We're probly gonna be about on par for wiring.....but I'll just make it look pretty with the black gloss interior and black sleeving when I'm all done. ;)

cant wait to see it cornelious0_0 , I was gonna paint my interior but it would either be too hard or i'd have to take too much apart :/ wanted to get my new cavalier together :D

n64man120 said:
I was gonna paint my interior but it would either be too hard or i'd have to take too much apart

That's the point silly......even if you're just gonna do the interior it IS worth the extra time taken from when I've done it before.

Well I had no idea how to get those white locks on the right off (and still have them being able to go back on after), that was one of my main setbacks

I could learn a thing or two from you two. Heck, I'd really need to. I need suggestions for the side panel fan after I have an idea for that -- I know what to do. :cool:

Finsta said:
I could learn a thing or two from you two. Heck, I'd really need to. I need suggestions for the side panel fan after I have an idea for that -- I know what to do. :cool:

lol thanks,
feel free to hit me up on aim if u ever wanna ask me something

what do you mean, like modding a fan into the side panel? Have any pics of what you are trying to mod

n64man120 said:
what do you mean, like modding a fan into the side panel? Have any pics of what you are trying to mod
I have a window with a side panel and it has a 80mm fan on it. I need suggestions on how to clean it up.

Well your a bit screwed, I would run it in the direction to get it out of view shortest, and then down an edge of the case and around the side. Extend it if needed

n64man120 said:
Well your a bit screwed, I would run it in the direction to get it out of view shortest, and then down an edge of the case and around the side. Extend it if needed

Yes, that would be easiest.....straight down teh case out of sight....and then you can get a 3pin extension and route it along the back corner of the case from there.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yes, that would be easiest.....straight down teh case out of sight....and then you can get a 3pin extension and route it along the back corner of the case from there.
My windows spans to the near bottom of the case. What I am thinking is something like this:
Blue is the motherboard tray...
fanwiring.jpg

uber 1337 Paint skills :p

That could work, but you may run into troubles when you try and take your side panel off if the wire is tucked away into a hole and plugged in on the other side of the mobo plate.

What you could do is have the wire run to the back like that, but you coudl be creative and adjust the length of the wire and resolder the plug on the fan so that you can unplug the wire right at the base of the fan, making it easier to get the panel off.

I dunno if that makes sense but.....

cornelious0_0 said:
That could work, but you may run into troubles when you try and take your side panel off if the wire is tucked away into a hole and plugged in on the other side of the mobo plate.

What you could do is have the wire run to the back like that, but you coudl be creative and adjust the length of the wire and resolder the plug on the fan so that you can unplug the wire right at the base of the fan, making it easier to get the panel off.

I dunno if that makes sense but.....
Well, first I'd unplug the 4pin to 3 pin connector. Then it's all good?

haha, don't remind me :p

i'm still waiting for the new pump to come, then i'll put the drives in...

does anyone else have problems with their Maze4 GPU block? the barbs don't let the tubing stay on right...they let it turn, and possibly come on...anybody know how to fix this?

thanks! suggestions for my cable management?

Back