- Sep 13, 2009
Broken laptop screen backlit (not mine):
I don't really do "ghetto", but this lighting controller was made without spending any money:
The microcontroller, the LED strips and some other small parts were new, but they were all left over from previous projects, so the total cost = 0.
- Sliders scavenged from an old HiFi.
- Molex socket cut out of a CD-ROM drive.
- Capacitors repurposed from a dead motherboard.
- Blue ribbon cable was an IDE cable in a previous life.
- Carbon fibre brackets rescued from some obsolete medical equipment.
And the end result: