Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 96510

In light of the many ghetto mods we've seen recently, I thought I'd start a threat where everyone can showcase their stuff. We can even rate them on a scale of 1-5 Food Stamps.
LEt's see how ghetto we can get!!!

C'mon, I know there are some more ghetto mods out there, so let's see them

This is horrible, but funny, but still horrible...get away from me aaah!!!

i made a peanut shooter. basicly it consists of a old nikko battery charger, an 80mm fan, an old computer switch, and a cardboard box.

if you throw peanuts into it, or any other projectile about the same size/weight, it'll fling it 10-15ft(20-30 if you hit the fan just right). its great fun :D

That gets a 4 for creativity. This is a case of having too much time, a few spare parts and an empty box of cereal on a Saturday morning. The idea of thinking up a mod for the purpose of throwing peanuts. Maybe you can overclock it for a few extra feet.

??????. That's not too ghetto, there was actually effort, planning and a bit of money spent on that. Unless you got the wood from broken furniture on the street corner and the keyboard is wireless because the wire popped. Give us some info on that one. Tentative score is a 2

It cost nothing, took a minute of thought and 10 minutes of work. I did'nt want any crap on the front of my computer so I built the fan controller and psu meter a little house. The wood was a piece of my home that blew off during the last typhoon.

C'mon man.......you can slide me a 3.

Currently using this as a case.
Cardboard01.jpg

Cardboard02.jpg

Cardboard03.jpg

If it's just a Fan Controller, that changes it. I thought it was a SFF. For saving the wood blown off your house and using it for your PC. I'll raise your score to a 3.

I would like some opinions and scores from you all out there too.

Look at what the cat drug in....The Fedex removeable motherboard tray earns a 4.5

after seeing a bunch of ghetto cooling solutions around the net i decided to join the masses and try it out.

before my load temps were around 49 celcius, now they are 31 celcius, not a bad improvement for $5 worth of materials. I have idled as low as 18C

here are the pics

ghettocooler1.JPG

ghettocooler2.JPG

ghettocooler3.JPG

the setup:

80mm 84cfm tornado at the window side of the tube sucking air into the tube toward the cpu (powered by that sketchty psu on the window cell )

kingwin hsf with the stock uv fan blowing the air towards the cpu on the cpu side of the tube

this is on the rig in my sig, i stopped using it now that we are getting spring/summer temps outside, but it was nice while it lasted

the tubing is about 6 feet long when fully extended so i have plenty of room to work with, and the 80mm fans fit perfectly inside the tubing

CrimandEvil - I'm really feelin' the messy background, and the orange pricetag still on the box, adds to "ghettoness"

I'm voting 4 food stamps.

compslckr - That's 3.5 for the idea. There was obviously care in the rest of the system

wolfofsin said:
Look at what the cat drug in....The Fedex removeable motherboard tray earns a 4.5
Damn skippy. :) Using machine screws to mount it all.

CrimandEvil - I'm really feelin' the messy background, and the orange pricetag still on the box, adds to "ghettoness"
Orange price tag: $25

I've been moving things around so my area is kind of messy, haha :)

May I also point out CrimandEvil's toolless chassis featuring duct tape entry

wolfofsin said:
May I also point out CrimandEvil's toolless chassis featuring duct tape entry

Why yes......yes you may! Good call. This Ghetto modder's attention to detail is simply stunning.

wolfofsin said:
The Ghetto is strong within him
<Cough> I also have made case feet out of a mouse pad, double side tape, screws and little furniture caster things. I also use dryer sheets for fan filters (most of the time). :)

Lmao thats actually a good idea .! Also the tube going out the window, do you have outside air pumped into the CPU or pumped out fo the CPU out the window. If its into the CPU, you will have a lot of nasties going in there. if its the 1st one: 5 food stamps! ;)

I dont have any pics right now but I am using a lapped penny as a heat spreader / shim on my P4-m in my system so that the heatsink will make adequiet contact with the core.

That gets a 2.5 for being cheap, would have gotten a 3 with a pic

Put thsi together in 30 minutes, with a 6 gig HDD and works ery slow..lol its a PIII 755 MHZ.

im apirate - You get a 4 for just throwing that together with probably no purpose at all

Buitbox.jpg

back.jpg

innards.jpg

I got rid of the box recently so maybe it doesnt count anymore but I used it like that for a loong while. The cpu heatsink was the ComCrap heatsink with a plastic cup 80mm->60mm duct twistered onto the core. ^_^

Not so much ghetto as it is emergency, but here it is:

GhettoT.jpg

Res sprung a leak. I drained and sealed, it leaked again. I got pissed and built this thing.

im apirate said:
Put thsi together in 30 minutes, with a 6 gig HDD and works ery slow..lol its a PIII 755 MHZ.

:eek: you'll destroy that HDD by running it upside down.

awdark

I got rid of the box recently so maybe it doesnt count anymore but I used it like that for a loong while. The cpu heatsink was the ComCrap heatsink with a plastic cup 80mm->60mm duct twistered onto the core. ^_^

I'm liking this. The masking taped edges are a nice touch. I'm voting 4.1 Food stamps (expired)<<Since the rig no longer exists.

Nice Job! May the ghetto be with you!

I see the Ghetto is flowing strong through the modding community. I am very proud of you all young Padouins.

incomudro said:
ill show you my case made out of dry wall later :D

Just waiting to throw some food stamps at that ghetto sounding rig. It was used drywall...right? Purchasing materials specificaly for the mod is a mandatory deduction. (I'm sure wolfofsin would no the exact rule on that one)

Yes to purchase the materials from anyplace other than a 99cent store negates the idea of being ghetto. Finding parts in someone's yard or garbage is definitely ghetto and may earn extra points. The beauty of ghetto is using whatever is on hand lying around. Ghetto is a way of being by circumstance, not by effort.

Back