Post Your Connection Speed

This is the speedtest from one of my customers. The shot is using two Ubiquiti NanoBridges to shoot through about half a mile of trees and one house.

This is the speedtest from one of my customers. The shot is using two Ubiquiti NanoBridges to shoot through about half a mile of trees and one house.

what's the status on residential fiber down in the bangor area? i'm told oxford will light you up if you wanna pay (and live in the right place). is that gwi gigabit in old town/orono still a thing? i don't wanna leave my gigabit behind :(

3679617597.png

always a struggle with the download bandwidth out of state. i do hop on fairpoint/abovenet to leave maine though, so it's not too surprising i guess.

what's the status on residential fiber down in the bangor area? i'm told oxford will light you up if you wanna pay (and live in the right place). is that gwi gigabit in old town/orono still a thing? i don't wanna leave my gigabit behind :(

3679617597.png

always a struggle with the download bandwidth out of state. i do hop on fairpoint/abovenet to leave maine though, so it's not too surprising i guess.

No residential fiber yet, though oxford's business prices are not too bad (gigabit is ~$1,200/month vs TWC's $2,500/month), and they are looking to expand. The Canadian company that bought them just dumped a few million into them for the purpose of expanding infrastructure and building a new data center. I don't think they have any plans to offer residential connections (though I will keep trying, their fiber ends 1 mile away from my house in one direction, and 0.75mi in the other). The GWI Gigabit maine-street project seems to be dead. I have heard nothing since the announcement that they would be finished in 2012.

My community wireless project is moving along nicely though. While not gigabit speeds, the new Ubiquiti AirMax AC products look interesting. We just lit up our first 65/65mbps customer, and that's limited by the fiber we have to that tower. We're hoping to get some Oxford fiber hooked up to our towers soon, with some AirFiber units connecting them (with a Rocket AC backhaul to my house for......testing and Quality Assurance purposes).

Well, I haven't been home to test yet, but Verizon FiOS just emailed me this:

14783003278_ea9bcf12e2_o.jpg

So apparently I now have 150/150

Will have to test later!

Comcast is decent, but when you are surrounded by 3 different fiber providers on all sides its a kick to the nuts when this is the best you can get.

What are you doing that kind of speed? Download torrent :confused:
Here is my net connection in office. Stone age connection :(

Last edited:
Finally have a respectable connection.
642084844.png

I used to have 6mbit DSL, so this is a huge upgrade for me.

Greetings from beautiful Chattanooga, Tennessee!

3808110177.png

Last edited:
I haven't ran a speedtest in a while so I ran a couple tonight, seems that cox upgraded the speeds

Looks like Frontier, here in WA state, followed Verizons' FiOS footsteps and made the connection symmetrical (for the most part).

3950103856.png

It's better to give than to receive? Not according to Charter. :D I've been happy with the service, although the modems they are using (Arris) are supreme pieces of shit. After it initializes it locks you out of the configuration page.

4015502280.png

Until yesterday:
144059-b6s6yqvcuaehaoc.png

Switched to Telekom Hybrid (Combination of ADSL2+ & LTE) today:
4029096458.png

There's more possible - up to 100 down & 40 up, but seems like I need some external antennas.

Last edited:
Back