Post Your Connection Speed

Yep, metro ethernet. Opteman or Gigaman, I forget which.

We had a 10x10 circuit and needed more bandwidth.
They built out a separate circuit on another pair of fibers with equipment that can handle up to a gig I believe. Ciena is the manufacturer of the switch in my rack.

Yep, metro ethernet. Opteman or Gigaman, I forget which.

We had a 10x10 circuit and needed more bandwidth.
They built out a separate circuit on another pair of fibers with equipment that can handle up to a gig I believe. Ciena is the manufacturer of the switch in my rack.

I think opteman is the internet and gigaman is their site to site vpn link service.

from their site:
"OPT-E-MAN(SM) is a switched Ethernet service that connects your LANs within the same metropolitan area. OPT-E-MAN provides a fully managed service that uses optical transport. "

"GigaMAN Service is a dedicated, fiber-optic, point-to-point gigabit Ethernet service that links your local area networks (LANs) within a metropolitan or regional area. GigaMAN service transmits data at a rate of up to 1.0 gigabits per second - 22 times faster than DS3 service - across the street or across town."

WIsh I had more upload, but being in a relatively small town of 100k people I'm not complaining!

3457938727.png

Just upgraded to a 75/35 package from fios.

Comcast doubled my download sometime in the past week, but at the same time halved my upload

FIofdi8.png

Two problems with while benching 10Gbps connection with speedtest.
1. There's not nearly enough bandwidth on speedtest servers.
2. Speedtest doesn't generate IDs after upload reaches 3Gbpsish.

And minor thing it's for lanparty.

40917568 said:
What modem and what does it do? I've been having problems with my modem in bridge mode.

It was a Technicolor modem. I'm limited on what modems I can get because of emta which sucks. Just traded it out with an Ubee DVM3203B

time warner just rolled out the free upgrade in my area.

before

3591848631.png

after

3592492513.png

not too shabby. still only 20 up but i'll take it.

Looks like TWC just finish the upgrade in my area:

Suppose to be getting 200/20 for extreme package, I guess I have to change modems(Arris TG852G)

3607648310.png

30/5 residential TWC in Milwaukee, WI.

Getting these MUCH better results now that I set up pfsense.

Was getting 7-13 down when using DD-WRT on a v1 WRT54G, 15-22 down on a v6 WRT54G with stock firmware. Now it's at a solid 32-36 down (not to mention way more stable, using upload doesn't seem to slow everything down as much, etc).

Back