• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playstation Vita Thread

Interface and system menus seem better optimized. Much snappier moving through live applications and games.
 
really, the system's launch lineup is missing a blockbuster title. BF, COD, or GTA would have been money. FIFA is fun but only for so long... :(
 
really, the system's launch lineup is missing a blockbuster title. BF, COD, or GTA would have been money. FIFA is fun but only for so long... :(

Sony's blockbuster lineup is smaller than even Microsoft's, so hard for them :(
 
sure it is. but another solid entry, mainly an fps, would have definitely bolstered the launch. if Sony was smart they would have busted their ass on introducing Killzone for the Vita as a launch title, featuring 16 player online play, the whole nine yards.
 
sure it is. but another solid entry, mainly an fps, would have definitely bolstered the launch. if Sony was smart they would have busted their ass on introducing Killzone for the Vita as a launch title, featuring 16 player online play, the whole nine yards.

I seriously don't feel Uncharted is a blockbuster title, either. In addition, I've yet to see any positive reaction to what direction Sony is taking Drake 'n co (remember the concept art? lol). As said, I would of much rather seen Killzone (which I have never played, but Sony marketed it as a Halo killer for quite some time) or a star wars game up front. Not... some silly, glorified puzzle game that has a single playthough value, and nothing more after that. I'd rather see a serious game, with lots of replayability.
 
I'm sorry but Uncharted is a blockbuster title. The quality of the games are much better than any I've played on my 360. It's just that people are so enthralled with FPS they can't stop and appreciate something with good gameplay, and voice acting to boot.

Killzone is over-rated.
 
I'm still not sold on the Vita yet.

I think I will keep my 3DS close.
 
I'm sorry but Uncharted is a blockbuster title. The quality of the games are much better than any I've played on my 360. It's just that people are so enthralled with FPS they can't stop and appreciate something with good gameplay, and voice acting to boot.

Killzone is over-rated.

I completely agree. I love uncharted, I am not going to knock people for not liking it but I don't see how you could say its not a blockbuster...

I guess it really just depends on peoples definition of a blockbuster title.


My Vita shipped from amazon! So pumped says it should be here tomorrow.
 
I can't get the Amazon 'buy 2 get 1 free' to recognize my 3 eligible titles in the checkout :( I guess I am SOL.
 
Rayman, Lumines and Uncharted, all showing in stock and from Amazon LLC and not a different party.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You won't see the discount until the final step in the checkout process.

Promotion should be seen on the first page after you select Checkout...

amz2for1.png
 
I did snag them from that page...hrm. I'll just wait to attempt it from home and not work in case that's the issue. Thanks.

Hrm wait, is this a Prime only type of deal? I don't have Prime so I'm wondering now.
 
My vita still hasn't shipped from amazon and I have release date delivery. Should I be worried?
 
I did snag them from that page...hrm. I'll just wait to attempt it from home and not work in case that's the issue. Thanks.

Hrm wait, is this a Prime only type of deal? I don't have Prime so I'm wondering now.

I don't think it's Prime only... I've read through most of the CAG thread and did not get that impression.

My vita still hasn't shipped from amazon and I have release date delivery. Should I be worried?

I would not worry yet... Most Vita's that have shipped really only have shipping labels at this point and will be picked up by UPS or Fed Ex through out the day. If you don't get a shipping label/confirmation by later tonight then you could worry.

Honestly though, I actually prefer it when Amazon misses a release date or some other expectation they set. If you send them a polite email letting them know, you usually get a promo credit on your next order.
 
I would agree with you but I leave for Hawaii on Saturday and was hoping to take it with me for the long flight. I know, I know, not a huge deal but it would make those hours a lot less painful.
 
I would agree with you but I leave for Hawaii on Saturday and was hoping to take it with me for the long flight. I know, I know, not a huge deal but it would make those hours a lot less painful.

you should definitely get it before Saturday. If you don't get it tomorrow, I would call them and explain the situation. What they have done in the past is overnight a new one to guarantee you get it in time and then have to return the original one (usually with 30 days).
 
I'm still not sold on the Vita yet.

I think I will keep my 3DS close.

I could say the same thing about the 3DS. :D All I see is a bunch of recycled rehashed N64 stuff with 3D thrown in.

Vita has impressive hardware but I'm not sold on the software yet.


I think the Nintendo Wii was a MUCH worse name and it did alright...

Should have stuck with the codename though (Revolution). :( So much better. :cool:
 
Last edited:
No shipping notification for mine either. I had prime back when I ordered mine, but it has since expired. Not the end of the world if mine isn't here tomorrow, but it would be nice.
 
The Vita is going to have a amazing software library. With these graphics and features it'll be amazing. Especially with a Call of Duty and Bioshock game being developed for it. Games always get better as time goes on. The game I am most excited about is the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the Vita. I never dreamed of being able to play Metal Gear Solid 2 on a portable. I also have Unit 13 preordered which looks cool and Resistance Burning Skies.

Also, if they release a Resident Evil game (which I'm sure they will) that would be awesome. I also hope they release the Silent Hill HD collection for Vita. I know they are releasing Silent Hill Book of Memories, but after seeing the gameplay, a multiplayer silent hill game does not look appealing.

The Vita has a lot of potential. The launch lineup is honestly decent. Good variety of games. Could be better, but it'll only get better. There are plenty of games coming out within the launch window that look good. Not to mention, the Minis and PSN content.

Btw, the demo for Unit 13 should be out today so remember to download it when you get your Vitas.
 
Yeah the PSV caters to a different set of gamers. Keep your 3DS close.

What you don't know about me in your rush to make ASS-umptions about me, is that I own both a PSP and a Nintendo DS. I have a 3DS and would be interested in getting a Vita at some point. I've never been an early adopter. I also hacked my PSP and have a 16 GB card for it.

The handheld market rarely (scratch that, almost never) has had a console launch with a good launch library that says THIS IS A MUST HAVE NOW ITEM.

The people who buy it are the ones who need the new shiny.

Me, I'm waiting till the software library gets stronger.

Right now it's a limp dick one, just like the 3DS as it stands now, however, I bought mine to play Zelda 3DS, and have this strange fascination with Tetris Live!!

Once the library gets good, i'll buy one, but as it is, there's no launch title I want right away.
 
What you don't know about me in your rush to make ASS-umptions about me, is that I own both a PSP and a Nintendo DS. I have a 3DS and would be interested in getting a Vita at some point. I've never been an early adopter. I also hacked my PSP and have a 16 GB card for it.

The handheld market rarely (scratch that, almost never) has had a console launch with a good launch library that says THIS IS A MUST HAVE NOW ITEM.

The people who buy it are the ones who need the new shiny.

Me, I'm waiting till the software library gets stronger.

Right now it's a limp dick one, just like the 3DS as it stands now, however, I bought mine to play Zelda 3DS, and have this strange fascination with Tetris Live!!

Once the library gets good, i'll buy one, but as it is, there's no launch title I want right away.
I don't think you're qualified to call a lineup "limp dick" when you buy a system for a Zelda rehash and Tetris... even if I agree with you... haha.
 
So just because you don't want a system because the launch titles dont scream out at you means it doesn't have a "THIS IS A MUST HAVE NOW ITEM" for others? I guess your me-me-me mentality shines again.

What you also don't know is that I have owned every single Nintendo hand-held minus the 3DS, as well as a Sony PSP. I don't own a 3DS because the gaming library is not compelling to me, and the re-hashed games do not cater to me, as I've played them millions of times before.

The Vita provides something new and fresh.

Like you said "Once the library gets good, I'll buy one, but as it is, there's no launch title I want right away."

I bolded the important part for you. Just because you don't like the line-up doesn't mean its a "limp dick one" as the Vita has one of the biggest launch title lineups.

ASS-umptions makes an ASS out of you, (not me). The PSV caters to different gamers.

On topic: I just traded in my Uncharted 3 game for Rayman Origins, can't wait to try it out. Also, anyone here beat Golden Abyss or on their merry way? How is it so far? Little Deviants is a bit of a chore to play IMO.
 
Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free promo on vita games through the 25th both online and in-store best buy will price match just a heads up.
 
Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free promo on vita games through the 25th both online and in-store best buy will price match just a heads up.

The cool thing about the Target B2G1 promo is that Resistance is included for some reason, but the bad thing is shipping hurts the deal a bit.
 
Absolutely silly talking about the launch lineup being sub-par because of no COD. I'd love to hear the launch lineups that are better than the Vitas. Vita has Uncharted and while it's not as polished as the whole series it shouldn't be expected. It's the first entry on the platform, a LAUNCH item and a pretty competent one. The scores are lower but every reviewer is in ways comparing it to the matured console series; that's a good thing IMO. Uncharted is a big launch title. Wipeout has always been a nice game and this one looks polished, Rayman, MVC, Super Startdust, and then plenty of great games in the launch window. This launch blows 3DS launch out of the water and the ps3 launch was absolutely weak; as was the Wii. I think this has more to do with the consoles being so mature people's expectations are just too high. Not to mention there is almost a direct port of MK9 with all unlocked DLC content/characters and 150 new tower challenges for fighting game fans along with SF Vs Tekken with 12 exclusive characters to play. Resistance and the EA MMA game are also within the Window. Not only a solid launch but great games in the near future. The main thing is that the system sells and that will determine future support and I can respect people "waiting" for that. However the software is already coming out and the hardware is definitely there. I am getting one just because that is one "shiny" and very powerful piece of mobile hardware and in reality 250-300 bucks isn't that big of deal to me. I spend more on a GPU for one game sometimes.....
 
The Vita provides something new and fresh.

Would you please explain this to me please? From the casual observer who has never owned a handle held gaming system, it just looks like a refreshed PSP with some limited smartphone capabilities.

I can't see how a 250-300 dollar mobile gaming system, with 40-50 dollar games can compete in a smartphone/tablet world. Why would I want to bring multiple devices with me, since I have to bring my phone anywhere I go. If I want a quick fix on a bus ride to work, couldn't I just play Angry Birds? Once I return home - it seems to me -I should just play the console version of Uncharted.

Who is the target audience of this system: hardcore gamers? According to a Forbes article I read, it's not even doing well in Japan That is scary because they don't even have as much iOS/Andriod market erosion as we do.
 
Well, mine shipped last night and is out for delivery this morning. Looks like Amazon has come through again. Been really happy with their same-day release deliveries.
 
Back
Top