• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playstation Vita Thread

Sweet thanks! ^^

I want to buy the PSP version of tactics ogre for my vita. Can I download that to my PS3 now and just transfer it to my vita when I get it?
 
Just preorder my 3g vita. I was looking at uncharted and notice on the back it only said single player? can anyone confirm this. thanks.

PS: Please add me carbon_le
 
I am really mad that ModNation Racers is single player...that game would be one of the main reasons I would get a Vita if it was MP.. lol
 
Oh and supposedly some walmarts have put out the PS Vita early...might want to check if you are anxious to get one :p
 
If you guys want a potentially good 3rd person shooter, preorder or check out Unit 13. It will definitely have multiplayer and chat. Looks great from all the vids I've seen, and it's coming out soon. Next month I think.
 
Argh, I think I'm going to fold and get a PS3, again, just so I can get all of my PSP store Star Wars games over (bought them before I realized they wouldn't transfer over).
 
Here are pics of what I have so far. (Waiting for wifi Vita next week)

IMG_0109.jpg


Size comparison for memory card and game cartridge (yes, that is a dime)

IMG_0110.jpg


IMG_0111.jpg
 
I got to play with a Vita today at target. Play a hole of hotshots golf. My overall impression of the device is very positive. Wicked light. Screen is awesome. Graphics are great. I really want one!
 
Hot Shots Golf is currently my go-to game on the Vita. Until I beat Uncharted 3, I don't think I'll open up golden abyss yet.
 
man i cant wait till weds to get my preorder in.

psn = forsaken
 
Where are you guys preordering these at? And why preoder the vita isnt it coming out at the local stores soon? thanks
 
Where are you guys preordering these at? And why preoder the vita isnt it coming out at the local stores soon? thanks

preorder bonuses i suppose. I preordered mine at GS only because i had 200$ in trade in credit there for some ipods.


Also Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free on all Vita titles starting today through the 25th!
 
Hey guys any word if Netflix works on it? How does surfing the web on it compare to the iPhone?
 
Hey guys any word if Netflix works on it? How does surfing the web on it compare to the iPhone?

hmm i found some little user review by Japanese owner
Pro
. Experience similar to smartphones
. good response on inputs
. browser tabs

con
. no flash
. zoom is bit slow
. no screen rotation
 
I can say that the browser is just not very good. Also I don't see rotating the vita a con.. I mean it's just not meant to be rotated like that at all lol.
 
Hopefully they will update it, really no excuse for a horrible browser on a system with this much power.
 
Hopefully they will update it, really no excuse for a horrible browser on a system with this much power.

Agreed.. but it is a japanese product.. I highly doubt they'll update their browser. If anything.. should have been using chrome or something on it lol.
 
Agreed.. but it is a japanese product.. I highly doubt they'll update their browser. If anything.. should have been using chrome or something on it lol.

It's like about every Sony product. Great ideas, but they deliberately only go 90% of the way. Then stop, cold, as if going 100% - even 95% of the way - of the way was not conceiveable.



* I consider 94% of the way integrating the Trophy, Friends, Near, Messaging, and Party apps into one. 95% of the way either making a better browser or replacing it with something else. Hell, even IE9 mobile is better (seriously).
 
Anyone find any decent deals on a vita yet? The best thing I have found is Targets deal and that isn't that great.
 
I'm unsure if this will be a future purchase. Owning & thoroughly using an Xperia Play has put the Vita as a possibility rather than a necessity for my mobile gaming.

I may get it if the Play loses its usefulness (which will definitely happen, though having a gaming phone is what I like about it & I want Sony to release a next-gen phone with a whole lot more support...) and/or the Vita goes on sale somewhere for a great price

Took the word right out of my mouth, I love my Play and as it stands have no interest in the Vita. I owned a launch PSP and a PSP Go and they both suffered the same fate.....being left behind as I hate carrying two devices.

If Sony release a Play 2 I'll be all over it.
 
It's like about every Sony product. Great ideas, but they deliberately only go 90% of the way. Then stop, cold, as if going 100% - even 95% of the way - of the way was not conceiveable.



* I consider 94% of the way integrating the Trophy, Friends, Near, Messaging, and Party apps into one. 95% of the way either making a better browser or replacing it with something else. Hell, even IE9 mobile is better (seriously).

Yeah, I don't understand that either. Seriously if they improved the little things like the browser, this system would be amazing. The current browser is annoying to use at best. I just use my phone/pc if I want to browse the web. For such a powerful machine I expected a much better browser experience.

Other than that, the games are still amazing.
 
A buddy and I picked these up yesterday at Sam's club, they still had the early release bundles in stock. I'll probably grab a bigger memory card over the next couple days, this one is going to fill up quick with DLC.

That being said, I have played Uncharted, Little Deviants, and Modnation Racers so far, and am incredibly impressed with the system. Graphics are phenominal, the display is great, and I am really enjoying it. The display seems huge, I've got an HTC Titan for a cell phone and that comes in at 4.7", this seems huge compared to that.

That being said the analog pads are superior in every way to my PSP. The funny thing myself and my friend told ourselves we were going to wait this one out (as we always do with the 'next tech toy') and we had to have it before launch day. I am dying for MLB The Show to come out on the 6th, the video looks fantastic.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Playstation what? Vita?

worst name ever...would not take if given one.


where the fuck did they come up with that name? Windows Vista, Vita-juicer, your mom's panties smell like velvita, Vitamin water.... where's the connection with vita to anything having to do with gaming or playstation?
 
Playstation what? Vita?

worst name ever...would not take if given one.


where the fuck did they come up with that name? Windows Vista, Vita-juicer, your mom's panties smell like velvita, Vitamin water.... where's the connection with vita to anything having to do with gaming or playstation?

Long Live Gaming.
 
Playstation what? Vita?

worst name ever...would not take if given one.


where the fuck did they come up with that name? Windows Vista, Vita-juicer, your mom's panties smell like velvita, Vitamin water.... where's the connection with vita to anything having to do with gaming or playstation?

Vita is Italian for Life.
The Vita is also the Fifth major worldwide system in the Playstation line. PSV.
 
Playstation what? Vita?

worst name ever...would not take if given one.


where the fuck did they come up with that name? Windows Vista, Vita-juicer, your mom's panties smell like velvita, Vitamin water.... where's the connection with vita to anything having to do with gaming or playstation?


Yea they should have named it "Playstation Go Go"


Lol someone would have made up any name that they came up with
 
Playstation what? Vita?

worst name ever...would not take if given one.


where the fuck did they come up with that name? Windows Vista, Vita-juicer, your mom's panties smell like velvita, Vitamin water.... where's the connection with vita to anything having to do with gaming or playstation?

I think the Nintendo Wii was a MUCH worse name and it did alright...
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It also appears that Amazon matched Target's deal where you get a free 4GB Memory card with purchase of the WiFi model. I don't think it's advertised but when you add them both to your cart and go to checkout the promotion is applied.

thanks i just fixed my pre-order
free 4 gb card yee
 
1.61 update live. Does nothing, going by the update changelog (adds map icon - already has; photo app can now record video - already can).
 
Back
Top