Player unknown Battlegrounds

i tried playing a little today and the audio is so screwed up. i was in one of those big 2 story buildings and a guy came in, i was on the second floor. i couldn't tell if he was on the first or second floor. then a few seconds later hes on the balcony of that building and kills me. went back to fortnite lol.

I did notice some changes too in that departement (and the return of the parachute on your back and some new items)

Sadly the parachute drifting has not been fixed yet.

I like war mode but the currently is only okay. MK14 needs a 3 to 6x vs just 2. With the weapons so restricted some of the play areas are amazing fun while others just blah. The first war mode only need more scope variety to be perfect.

The last War Mode helped me a lot. I always had trouble getting kills with the AWM, but I got some nice ones today when I picked it up. Including a ~320m headshot on running guy, and a ~560m headshot

learnt something new. Turn off the damn surround sound on my headset. Positional audio is so much better and sounds are clearer and louder in stereo.

WTF. I thought the whole point to getting a surround headset was to have it on. I can now hear things with greater clarity, at longer distances with better position.

learnt something new. Turn off the damn surround sound on my headset. Positional audio is so much better and sounds are clearer and louder in stereo.

WTF. I thought the whole point to getting a surround headset was to have it on. I can now hear things with greater clarity, at longer distances with better position.
the game only supports stereo. so if you have software trying to give you surround sound things can get messed up. the game is only sending 2.1 channels and your software is trying to split it up into 5.1 or whatever your headphones are, which just isn't possible. many would argue that the sound quality would be best with stereo headphones, since a game that uses stereo sound was built for 2 speakers, not the 5 or however many surround sound headphones have as the additional speakers could cause directional confusion.

Last edited:

The whole point of a surround sound headset is to stick a bunch of shitty drivers in an ear cup and sell it to gamers that don't know any better. A good pair of normal stereo headphones will always sound better and have better imaging compared to a surround headset.

I'll try it and the map has potential but the game has been garbage for a long time now sadly. Hoping ROE doesnt fall down the same hole.

I'ts not the map, it's the hot garbage of a game. They still haven't fixed the desync issues.

I know. End game you get a bunch of assholes running around with AWM's and MK14's. It's stupid.
my highest kill game was with the m14. really good gun. I wish epic would make a pubg replacement. just tweak it so theres a little more action than pubg but just as tactical and make it work flawlessly and good netcode. I havn't played pubg since sept.

I think when fortnite becomes less profitable they probably will make a new game

I think when fortnite becomes less profitable they probably will make a new game

Wont happen anytime soon. As much as people hate on Fortnite, its a solid game. And with the devs constantly changing the map with new locations/weather/modifications, its not going anywhere.

Wont happen anytime soon. As much as people hate on Fortnite, its a solid game. And with the devs constantly changing the map with new locations/weather/modifications, its not going anywhere.

I agree fortnite is still thriving. and its the most solid BR game that has ever been made in my opinion. I also think that theres still alot of money to be made with another BR game. a pubg like game with fortnite's stability and polish is highly desired because while there are many that like fortnite, there are many that do not and those people have wallets to tap into.

I can't stand forknife. All the building is stupid, to me. Coupled with the cartoony graphics it's a hard pass.

Yeah the building sucks. I also dont like it, and normally never build when im playing. The graphics tho, eh, Ive played the shit outta borderlands, so it doesnt bother me.

I can't stand forknife. All the building is stupid, to me. Coupled with the cartoony graphics it's a hard pass.

It could be the best game in the world to "most", but I would never play it. Like a lot of people have said, the building and the graphics are a complete no-go for me.

Not worth it. Still buggy and full of exploiters since version 1.0 :( I give it a run every few updates hoping it will be fun again but blarg. Some of the map adjustments are nice though.

PUBG is now F2P.

https://nitter.domain.glass/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1480608859282681858
1641919993917.png

EDIT: Actionsack was removed from the Nitter instances. Updating link.

Last edited:
Wow.. So do the people who actually paid for the shit, get any kind of compensation? Or let me guess... We get loot boxes with clothes!!!

Wow.. So do the people who actually paid for the shit, get any kind of compensation? Or let me guess... We get loot boxes with clothes!!!
Haha, close enough. People who paid get upgraded to BATTLEGROUNDS Plus:
Enjoy exclusive BATTLEGROUNDS Plus benefits! Users with Plus Status are matched only with other Plus Status users in competitive matches and gain access to private custom matches and XP boosts, limited Plus commemorative outfit items and more!

Includes:
- Plus Feature Benefits
- Plus Transition Commemorative Hat
- Plus Transition Commemorative Bandana
- Plus Conversion Commemorative Gloves
- Bonus 1,300 G-Coin

*This package can only be purchased once per account.
*Bonus G-Coins will be available for 5 years after receipt.

Why would they be entitled to something?
I been playing for 4+ years, so I've gotten my money out of the game. It has been known for a month now that the game was going to be free, so people who bought it after that have themselves to blame. Even if you bought it a month before they announced it was going to be free you get a bunch of free shit. I think 1,300 g-coin is one of them, which is their version of currency for $13. It doesn't bother me one bit that I paid for the game and it's now free.

I havent played it in years at this point and I got way more then my moneys worth out of pubg. Glad to see a new cycle of players going into it.

Looks like the cheaters are out in full force, view snapping on you through walls. They don't even try and hide it. I guess there is zero point in hiding cheating in a free game.

I been playing for 4+ years, so I've gotten my money out of the game. It has been known for a month now that the game was going to be free, so people who bought it after that have themselves to blame. Even if you bought it a month before they announced it was going to be free you get a bunch of free shit. I think 1,300 g-coin is one of them, which is their version of currency for $13. It doesn't bother me one bit that I paid for the game and it's now free.
can any of the stuff they give us be sold on the steam market? like the g-coin?

can any of the stuff they give us be sold on the steam market? like the g-coin?
Not that I know off. Just gotta buy some of their in store gear. Don’t buy contraband coupons with $$$. Their hideout system is a scam. You can purchase 10 contraband coupons each week with BP, which is fine to do, but don’t spend $$ on them.

I really love the game. I play with 2-3 other people usually, so that helps. This last update made the game much smoother for me. It isn’t for everyone, but again, I really, really love it. I don’t take it so serious, which I think is what helps me. I do dumb stuff all the time to get laughs, we win games, lose games, but they’re exciting. I use a VPN to play duos if only me and another on, which helps make it funner. That way we don’t have to deal with two randoms that don’t talk and it’s easier to take on another duo team opposed to a full squad of 4. Hopefully they bring back duo’s on TPP, but I don’t have high hopes that they will.

Looks like the cheaters are out in full force, view snapping on you through walls. They don't even try and hide it. I guess there is zero point in hiding cheating in a free game.

I tried getting back into Team Fortress 2 for laptop fun at work and it's the same. Unless you're on a private server tied to a community it's pointless, and those are more than rare after all these years.

I was hoping PUGB would be a little bit better. I just want a decent casual multiplayer shooter for when I need to relax my brain.

I play almost every night, and weekend morning, and really haven't encountered that many cheaters. I will say this morning was my first obvious cheater on solo. Level 27, AK with suppressor with only 84 bullets. He knew he didn't need many bullets since as soon as he fired he knew when to stop it. He knew where to go, watched near someone from a distance and ready to snipe soon as they got in view. Watched it during replay to confirm after he killed me in top 10 with no recoil. I reported in game because I could tell, but then went to replay to confirm my suspicions.

As far as squads we only played maybe 2x this week in the evening, but even then it wasn't any different than before. On duo's TPP (have to use VPN), there really hasn't been any that stood out to me, and we played this twice last week in the evening.

PUBG is about to shoot themselves in the foot for new players. The game has barely been free and they are already going to take the game down for 4 hours today for maintenance. I know their Asian population is much bigger than NA, but man does it really screw over NA. They don't even make a good warning in game to let everyone it's going to go down. It's usually part of a small banner that no one reads, so a bunch of new players won't even know what is going on and why the game is down. I just don't get why they have to take it down for 4 hours in the evening on NA's time, but if they are going to do it then make it a big banner that you have to check off before you can play the game so new people know. I think that's going to chase away a lot of new people off the bat.

I tried getting back into Team Fortress 2 for laptop fun at work and it's the same. Unless you're on a private server tied to a community it's pointless, and those are more than rare after all these years.

I was hoping PUGB would be a little bit better. I just want a decent casual multiplayer shooter for when I need to relax my brain.

Have you played any Battle Royale games before? I don't think any of them would ever be a "casual multiplayer shooter for when I need to relax my brain" unless you played some sort of special non-BR game mode. Especially not PUBG which has a terrible user interface and a bunch of stupid mechanics.

BR games are the worst to play if you want to relax. You're playing a 100 player deathmatch where you get one life. If you ever get down to the last couple players your adrenaline will likely be pumping.

BR games are the worst to play if you want to relax. You're playing a 100 player deathmatch where you get one life. If you ever get down to the last couple players your adrenaline will likely be pumping.

By casual, I mean, I don't have to be in a league or clan or squad. I've done the e-sports thing and that part of my life is in my past, I'm not interested in playing a game that's also a part-time job.

Don't get me wrong, I deeply enjoy games with a stiff learning curve that rewards skilled players, because that I can get down with. But I'm not looking for something where you have to attend zoom meetings and schedule your life around matches.

I just want a game I can switch own, own some scrubs, and then shut off and go back to work or TV or whatever. The problem with a lot of those games is that without the structure, you get cheaters.

Back