Player unknown Battlegrounds

So freaking sick of playing with these goddamn cheating Chinese and their ridiculous "kill you around the corner" lag. These moron developers going to put the freaking ping lock in this century? WHY DON'T THEY GET IT THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THE DAMN CHINESE.
So quit playing it? I know I haven't even had it installed since before "launch". I keep hoping I'll see the lag and cheating fixed, but instead I read about loot boxes...

So quit playing it? I know I haven't even had it installed since before "launch". I keep hoping I'll see the lag and cheating fixed, but instead I read about loot boxes...

This guy gets it. I quit playing until they introduce their ping prioritization feature they were talking about last week.

This guy gets it. I quit playing until they introduce their ping prioritization feature they were talking about last week.

Same here. I love the concept and enjoyed the game when it first came out. With all the cheating and how they are handling it I uninstalled it and probably will never play it again.

Wow, the ridiculous things people will do in this game. Some bathtub camper got me... but

Looking at the replay. Some other guy looted this entire 8-building complex. This noob that kills me comes along after the original looter, closes EVERY SINGLE EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DOOR in the 8 building complex to hide.

So I show up, no doors open or windows broken, so let me guard down a tad as I think most do. Could you imagine going around to 8 buildings that are looted and closing all the doors so that you can camp. I think I've seen everything now.

And the RNG in this game is so frustrating. Someone like insta double taps your head for a kill and you look up their stats and it's some scrub with like 0.4 KDR. Like WHAT!? How is someone with horrible stats able to vaporize someone. That is PUBG.

Wow, the ridiculous things people will do in this game. Some bathtub camper got me... but

Looking at the replay. Some other guy looted this entire 8-building complex. This noob that kills me comes along after the original looter, closes EVERY SINGLE EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DOOR in the 8 building complex to hide.

So I show up, no doors open or windows broken, so let me guard down a tad as I think most do. Could you imagine going around to 8 buildings that are looted and closing all the doors so that you can camp. I think I've seen everything now.
its better if you dont take the game seriously but its hard to do if you like climbing the leaderboard.

I'll play with anyone as long as it's fair. Honestly back in early access I would play on the Asian servers primarily with EU second and NA last. Fewer cheaters over on their servers and oddly enough I found it to balance out the lag more evenly for everyone. Even up to and just after launch it was the same. Now though the latency on the NA servers seem better but the cheating is across the board problematic.

I think its more modern net code is trash. Back before wide spread broad band games had solid code that let high pingers play just fine with lower latency players. Those with the ping had to lead shots more. With client side hit registration and the assumption everyone has ridiculous internet speeds games are failing on the backbone. My internet does not suck by any means but some games make me feel like I am worse off than playing competitive TFC and other games on 33.6 and 56k in the last 90's / early 00's. Even Delta Force 2 had solid play with huge maps and players online with minimal issues. I'd count Tribes but it was a very different style and landscape.
IIRC, PUBG suffers from low server tick rate (17hz) like many other massive online FPS like Planetside 2 (20hz) and BF4 (before a dozen patches brought it from 30hz up to 60+hz). They do this so the server can handle the player load and not take in so much data at once. Old School FPS had much higher tickrates (60+ hz) and much lower player counts on screen.

This would be fine if everyone was using single shot weapons and had ping times in the sub 50ms range... but alas they do not. Your average Chinese chucklefuck connecting to an American server has a ping that's comparatively worse than the rovers we landed on Mars. Then there's the automatic weapons firing 700+ rounds per minute. In the rare chance they weren't hacking already it sure would feel like it on screen as the single burst of 6+ bullets from their guns hit you all at once when you finally receive that one data packet to your computer... meanwhile said Chinese chucklefuck is 10 feet away from where your crosshairs are.

Tick rate at a minimum needs to be 30hz. 45+ really helps and 60+ is ideal. I'm not aware if PUBG has been updated to handle a higher tickrate since I last checked in October last year, but if it has then it has some other serious issues. Last I heard they were aiming for 60hz, but still weren't meeting it most of the time.

IIRC, PUBG suffers from low server tick rate (17hz) like many other massive online FPS like Planetside 2 (20hz) and BF4 (before a dozen patches brought it from 30hz up to 60+hz). They do this so the server can handle the player load and not take in so much data at once. Old School FPS had much higher tickrates (60+ hz) and much lower player counts on screen.

This would be fine if everyone was using single shot weapons and had ping times in the sub 50ms range... but alas they do not. Your average Chinese chucklefuck connecting to an American server has a ping that's comparatively worse than the rovers we landed on Mars. Then there's the automatic weapons firing 700+ rounds per minute. In the rare chance they weren't hacking already it sure would feel like it on screen as the single burst of 6+ bullets from their guns hit you all at once when you finally receive that one data packet to your computer... meanwhile said Chinese chucklefuck is 10 feet away from where your crosshairs are.

Tick rate at a minimum needs to be 30hz. 45+ really helps and 60+ is ideal. I'm not aware if PUBG has been updated to handle a higher tickrate since I last checked in October last year, but if it has then it has some other serious issues. Last I heard they were aiming for 60hz, but still weren't meeting it most of the time.
Mavericks: Proving Grounds may be the next best br game as they have a different strategy for servers.

Bf1 60hz servers are so much better than this. I can make shots that make me think I am cheating. By that I mean you actually put bullets where you see people and they hit.

Last edited:

I think I'm done. I cannot take 17 Hz worthless developer netcode anymore. Here is my head exploding in a room about three feet retracted inside the room after a quick peek from some random with a Kar98. Game is simply pathetic.

attachment.php

The server runs at around 20hz until the player count drops below 50 then it hits its target of 30hz. Still very low and there are huge spikes in all of the data I've seen of it. The hit reg and loot pickup is so bad in this game. lately I've been having items take 10-15 seconds to appear in my inventory after using the tab menu to drag and drop them.

The plus side is I can play this game casually and not give a rats ass what happens. Since the code is so bad there is no reason to tryhard, and I find a lot more chicken dinners on my plate when I play like a moron to be honest.

I played a few rounds last night for the first time after the latest update and things seems to be running a lot better for me. I don't know if I just got lucky or if there were some improvements with the net code but I was playing much better that I normally do. It was probably just a placebo effect but the plans they have laid out for future updates do look promising.

I played a few rounds last night for the first time after the latest update and things seems to be running a lot better for me. I don't know if I just got lucky or if there were some improvements with the net code but I was playing much better that I normally do. It was probably just a placebo effect but the plans they have laid out for future updates do look promising.

No they definitely improved performance especially server side. I hope they continue, a dozen more patches like that and it might play like a decent game.

I think fornite is motivation for them to get their shit together. I don't care for fornites graphic scheme but it does play well compared to pubg. Less cheating too. At least in my limited experience.

Is this weapon guide any good for getting a chicken dinner?

you can win with a pistol if you are good with it. It's all about whatever guns you like and work well for you, some of the people I play with like the m16, I don't like it, much prefer a scar or m416. They like the sniper rifles as a secondary, I'd rather have a fully suppressed ump or an uzi. You can win without ever firing a shot, if you get lucky with the circle and your position.

I think the ping based matchmaking is in place now.

Performance seems better and hit reg was very very good tonight for me.

Was messing around with a couple friends last night in the limited 8-man squad event, we won on the first attempt. It was nuts lol. Only thing i didn't like about it was the fact that it forced 3rd person. No option for 1st person in that mode but im sure they'll bring it back and change it.

Got to a crate, which had the godly AWM with 8x and 15x scopes! lmaoo. Here is 1 kill from around 400m with the 15x. I had to adjust the zero'ing to pull it off. Was a crazy game lol.

8 man was fun. I reinstalled bc so many of my friends were playing. I think we got a couple of firsts and seconds. Maybe a fourth? Anyway. Good times but needs to be all 8 people can be friends not just 4 + 4 randos.

I wish the 8 man thing would come back and allow for 8 man squads, was a lot of fun anyway.
I don'd mind region locking but forcing it would be annoying.

I wish the 8 man thing would come back and allow for 8 man squads, was a lot of fun anyway.
I don'd mind region locking but forcing it would be annoying.
isn't forcing the same as locking? pubg said if your playing with friends in different regions then you will be able to choose which server. my friend and I were playing a few days ago and I encountered my first cheaters. they killed us without ads or really aiming at us. they had their cross hairs on us when they were behind a hill. then a few games later we realized we were playing on the asian server by accident lol.

I've played against a ton of cheaters sadly but I can say in the last month it has gotten a little better and the servers are more stable. Sadly their random patches like yesterdays paint jobs seem to make things slip a bit for a while.

What I meant was I dont mind locked regions being on by default for general play but I wouldnt mind being able to disable it and go over to other servers. It defeats the purpose of course I know but if there are issues on one regions servers being able to swap over is nice.

I've played against a ton of cheaters sadly but I can say in the last month it has gotten a little better and the servers are more stable. Sadly their random patches like yesterdays paint jobs seem to make things slip a bit for a while.

What I meant was I dont mind locked regions being on by default for general play but I wouldnt mind being able to disable it and go over to other servers. It defeats the purpose of course I know but if there are issues on one regions servers being able to swap over is nice.
yeah. I play on na server but every once in awhile theres an issue and I have to go else where. although I play fortnite 99% of the time now. I think I'll get back into pubg when the small map comes out. not much action in pubg with the current maps and as I've gotten use to fortnite then pubg really gets repetitive and boring. although I think I got cheated on in fortnite the last two nights. rumors of a kill cam being added soon.

So i just unlocked a sawed off gold plate double barrel and apparently its worth $400+ lol.

Can't sell for a week though, damn steam trade rules!@

So i just unlocked a sawed off gold plate double barrel and apparently its worth $400+ lol.

Can't sell for a week though, damn steam trade rules!@
congrats. I wonder what it will be worth a week from now. why do you have to wait a week? did you not add the mobile authenticator till now?

congrats. I wonder what it will be worth a week from now. why do you have to wait a week? did you not add the mobile authenticator till now?

It’s a new steam trade rule that went into effect actually just yesterday if I’m not mistaken. In a hurry so I can’t find a link now but it’s there.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
It's been that way for awhile now.

No no, it was a 7 day thing for a new account or debit card making a purchase on the steam market.

Now you need to wait 7 days to even trade a skin you purchased at opskins or bitskins.

It was never like that before. It screwed the cs:go gambling sites for now.

I can assure you, trading has required MFA for at least 6 months. If not longer.

I can assure you, trading has required MFA for at least 6 months. If not longer.

And I’m telling you whenever you purchased skins from 3rd party sites like OPSKINS or Bitskins,

It never required any sort of wait. You would purchase, they immediately deliver the skin via bot and you could do whatever you liked with it. Be it gambling, sell on steam market or just use it. There was no 7 day wait.

Now purchasing from bitskins or opskins, it still makes you wait 7 days to bet or sell via marketplace. Which is fucking stupid.

It was not like this until yesterday, there is a valve cs:go blog on it.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/

There you go, look at “revisiting trades”

Ok, I've gotten back into this game a bit, and had a great time when i got a good team with voice com. That seems to be few and far between though, and I dont have many steam friends. I'm on east coast time, anyone else playing fairly often and would be interested in teaming up, send me a PM or add me on steam. not_my_monkeys is my steam nick, or you can PM me on here.

Thanks

Back