Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to check Best Buy local stock aside from driving to the store?
If you look at their website it says its online only for some hot tech items like consoles, Videocards and new CPUs. They are only for order online and pickup. They dont sell in stores.

Last edited:
Seems like Zotac just dropped some Ampere. Supposedly just bought a 3060Ti
Congrats, their website sucks but their inventory system beats even Amazon if your order was placed, a card will ship out to you within a week. That 3060 ti must have been nearly 550 for CA folks after tax and shipping and still went OOS...

Congrats, their website sucks but their inventory system beats even Amazon if your order was placed, a card will ship out to you within a week. That 3060 ti must have been nearly 550 for CA folks after tax and shipping and still went OOS...
Indeed it was. $550.33 Not necessarily an amazing deal but a solid upgrade over my 1060 6gb.

Damnit, just realized Discover card has a 5% cash back for shopping at Best Buy.... ends at end of December :(

So, I received the purchase link from EVGA for the 3060ti yesterday and got all excited, until I noticed the date of the email was the 18th. No idea what happened as I checked every few hours since signing up, but this email did not show up in Gmail until yesterday morning.

Is there a specific day or time that best buy might have something inside their stores? San Francisco specifically.
co76exbljuv51.png

Where's that image from? Some rando Best Buy employee somewhere in the country?

I always assumed Best Buy was going to pull the "You need to order online only"

Doesn’t look like Best Buy to me. Probably microcenter as they are in store heavy. Plus Best Buy’s have way higher ceilings if you ever need that for future reference. On the other hand microcenter has very familiar ceiling much lower.

My understanding is they are online only. But some people seemed to have scored RTX cards in person at random stores. Probably some screw up and seeing how many stores Best Buy has wouldn't amaze me if a few got to shelves somehow. I'm going to head over to one in the near future and will take a look.

My understanding is they are online only. But some people seemed to have scored RTX cards in person at random stores. Probably some screw up and seeing how many stores Best Buy has wouldn't amaze me if a few got to shelves somehow. I'm going to head over to one in the near future and will take a look.
I remember reading over on Reddit a post by someone who works at a Best Buy store indicating that if you find a RTX 30x0 GPU on the store shelf it was likely a ship to store order that was never picked up.

I remember reading over on Reddit a post by someone who works at a Best Buy store indicating that if you find a RTX 30x0 GPU on the store shelf it was likely a ship to store order that was never picked up.

Probably the case. I wouldn't run out to every local Best Buy, but worth stopping by if it isn't much of a detour.

I reckon this would be lottery winning odds, given store traffic is scanning those shelves all day long. If you found one it would be because they just happened to put one out a moment before.

If you have to go to Best Buy for something else anyway, no harm in looking, but for a special trip maybe not - energy better spent waking up early for Tuesday's mornings potential online drop.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like Best Buy to me. Probably microcenter as they are in store heavy. Plus Best Buy’s have way higher ceilings if you ever need that for future reference. On the other hand microcenter has very familiar ceiling much lower.
That's true, didn't think about ceiling height, they've always had warehouse level of tall in them.

Could happen. I scored one too many PS5s and it was store pickup but then canceled so that one likely got picked up by someone or may be they let employees have dibs on those. Good for them lol.

Oh I drove myself crazy this month trying to get one from Best Buy since I could use my birthday coupon for 10% off but no luck of course. :(

Oh I drove myself crazy this month trying to get one from Best Buy since I could use my birthday coupon for 10% off but no luck of course. :(

This month they have done 2 large drops on Tuesdays between 9-12 am est. I got a 3090 founders edition on the 8th and they did another drop on the 22nd.

This month they have done 2 large drops on Tuesdays between 9-12 am est. I got a 3090 founders edition on the 8th and they did another drop on the 22nd.
Good to know but at this point I think I'm just going to wait for the 3080 TI. I Already ordered something else I needed from Best Buy yesterday and used that birthday coupon. I had picked up a 2060 Super a while back so it's not like I'm suffering in the meantime. It even handles Cyberpunk 2077 very well without ray tracing as I just use the ultra preset and average around 45 to 50 FPS at 1440p without dlss at all and 60fps with dlss on quality.

Lord Zotac live but he scalping too now, 3060 ti for 520 and 3070 OC for 600 lol plus 25 shipping and 10% tax lol...what a disaster.
Central computers always scalping:
Hello Everyone,

We now have some EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra cards available for standalone purchases. Please read below details on availability, how to purchase and requirements/limitations:
008966006_zc_v15_1609270058699_08g_p5_3755_kr_lg_1.png
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra
[VGAEVG3755KR]​
25-35 per store
$659.95 each
EVGA Product Page

Buy an RTX 3070 card, get one (1) GeForce NOW 1-year membership code.

Shouldn't have canceled my 3070 dual order was a thing of beauty at 499, at least will be getting the TUF for 559 soon..

Last edited:
I removed my remaining notifications from EVGA. They came through with a 3070, but I'm still waiting on the 3090, 3080 and 3060 Ti notifications. Looking at their notifications it seems they are slowing down to a trickle now. Maybe they can catch up next quarter. Or the next round of 30 series cards will exacerbate the situation, further. I'm thinking late Q2 or Q3 things will stabilize, if the supply chain can rightsize itself.

I got excited when I saw this thread. My wife (owner) gave me the go ahead to build a new pc for the first time in 5-6 years and looking for parts I come across the great gpu shortage of 2020. Wtf.

I got excited when I saw this thread. My wife (owner) gave me the go ahead to build a new pc for the first time in 5-6 years and looking for parts I come across the great gpu shortage of 2020. Wtf.
Yeah , really a crappy time for a rebuild. The market is either non existent, or people are price gouging for profit.

I removed my remaining notifications from EVGA. They came through with a 3070, but I'm still waiting on the 3090, 3080 and 3060 Ti notifications. Looking at their notifications it seems they are slowing down to a trickle now. Maybe they can catch up next quarter. Or the next round of 30 series cards will exacerbate the situation, further. I'm thinking late Q2 or Q3 things will stabilize, if the supply chain can rightsize itself.
they did take last week and this week off so notifies should start up again next week

The upside about building a PC, is that there's bound to be something newer/better by the time you flip that power switch for the first time. Just think of it like that, with an extended build time ... and then hope no floods in 3rd world countries have floods which increases the price on a particular component :D

If I can't buy the hardware, what is the point of sending me advertisements about it?
Same reason people watch all those Youtube personalities, e.g. Linus, Jay, etc, building things that are so far out of either their price range or realism range (e.g. 100 gigabit switching setup). You get to look at all the pretty stuff you'll never have :)

The upside about building a PC, is that there's bound to be something newer/better by the time you flip that power switch for the first time. Just think of it like that, with an extended build time ... and then hope no floods in 3rd world countries have floods which increases the price on a particular component :D

Same reason people watch all those Youtube personalities, e.g. Linus, Jay, etc, building things that are so far out of either their price range or realism range (e.g. 100 gigabit switching setup). You get to look at all the pretty stuff you'll never have :)
Don't agree, the lure of PC hardware was that it was attainable (atleast to those of us in NA), I could get a fairly decent GPU even as a broke college student 2 decades ago while I had no hopes of getting a better ride than my rickety Saturn before I graduated and got a real job...having said that and lived through the shortages this year, it is pretty appalling and I count my lucky stars to have the build do now (and the fact I had the luxury of canceling multiple 3xxx orders I did not need in the hopes a real user gets them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back