Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just to hyped up alot of people an bots are buying in hopes of reselling as a profit an then they are unable to sell and the card is returned. I have a friend that works at best buy an he said at least 3 cards are returned a week. An then this just ruins the chance of anyone getting that card for even longer.

Its just to hyped up alot of people an bots are buying in hopes of reselling as a profit an then they are unable to sell and the card is returned. I have a friend that works at best buy an he said at least 3 cards are returned a week. An then this just ruins the chance of anyone getting that card for even longer.
How many are from scalper or from buyers that put themselve on many waiting list and placing order in has many place they can and end up with more than one card ? Those people (most of us) are almost weighting on the system I imagine.

Snagged a 1660 Super from Newegg yesterday at normal price. First one in weeks. Couldn't believe it. Could only get one though. It's definitely going to a real user. I could use several more...

From what I gathered coil whine can impact any card. My 1080 Ti FTW3 with a waterblock has very minor coil whine but it doesn’t bother me. The 3090 TUF I had was much more noticeable and that was without the waterblock that would probably make it worse.

Some cards may have a higher probability of possessing it; ASUS and the FE cards seem to be more common culprits for the 3000 series. But other than that from what I gathered there are so many variables and the fact much of it is just purely a lottery, that it’s unlikely possible to identify ideal situations to prevent coil whine.
Yea, my 2080 ti with a waterblock has coil whine. I undervolt which helps a lot.

Managed to snag a 3080 for my computer and 2-3060 tis for the daughters new builds.

Yea, my 2080 ti with a waterblock has coil whine. I undervolt which helps a lot.

Managed to snag a 3080 for my computer and 2-3060 tis for the daughters new builds.
That’s exactly the combo I’ve been hunting for all three pcs I have been working on the last few months. Congrats, glad to see someone is getting them. =)

Snagged a 1660 Super from Newegg yesterday at normal price. First one in weeks. Couldn't believe it. Could only get one though. It's definitely going to a real user. I could use several more...
Ummm congrats I guess?

GoldenTiger

I bought 15 of their 1080TI's refurbed direct from the zotac.com store.
7 or so of them them died within six months. Two didn't work out of the box. It wasn't my equipment’s fault because I'd used those PSUs and those motherboards and riser cards on equipment successfully both before and after those failed Zotac cards.
I wouldn't buy refurb Zotac based on that experience, and frankly it left a sour taste in my mouth for their brand. I mined with probably 80 different cards. That small lot of Zotac refurbs were the worst experience. In all of my other cards - I only had one powercolor Vega fail.

I think the Zotac refurb store wasn't carefully checking the cards they sent out as refurbs. I wasn't running them hard or hot. I undervolted to 70% power with MSI afterburner and overclocked the memory by 485Hz. They were on open baker racks, zip tied to the shelf and hanging dowm from the PCI-E bracket in plenty of open air with a box fan pointed at the whole rack. 2-3 card spacing between each card. Temps were typically low 70's. This is the same setup I did for about 40-50 other pascal nvidia cards for up to 3 years without issue on the other brands.

Their RMA process wasn't too painful, but their failure rate was unnerving. That and they felt cheaper built than some of the other 1080TI cards I had (MSI Founders Edition, EVGA Black, PNY). The Asus Turbo 1080Ti felt the cheapest though. I wasn't a big fan of Gigabytes' cards build quality either (just in heatsink look and quality of feel).
Zotac's RGB lighting was rather pitiful. It didn't work reliably on a couple cards,(not that you care for mining, but you would for gaming or resale) and it could only be controlled by their kludgy 1st party “lightning” software. Of the multiple 1080TI and pascal cards I had my hands on the EVGA and the Nvidia Founders Editions felt they used the best material and were the most well made.

PowerColor's RMA process is abysmal, and if you don't poke and prod at them regularly you won't even get a card back. Zotac at least was communicative and responsive and made the RMA process as painless as it could be.

Last edited:
Damn dude are you still trying to get a card? :(
BAM!

A pre-order I forgot I even made on 9/18 just shipped! I've had so many of the original ones cancelled along the way - I didn't think any of those were even still valid.
Adorama is the first place that came through for me - and after radio silence -- here it is shipped today, three months later!
Cyberpunk 2077 - maxed out settings here I come!

1608680790516.png

Somebody needs to buy that MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 on Newegg. I can only hold out for so long.

BAM!

A pre-order I forgot I even made on 9/18 just shipped! I've had so many of the original ones cancelled along the way - I didn't think any of those were even still valid.
Adorama is the first place that came through for me - and after radio silence -- here it is shipped today, three months later!
Cyberpunk 2077 - maxed out settings here I come!

View attachment 311727
finally dude! Congrats!

Its crazy that there are RTX 3070s listed at $630 or so when for $100 more you can get a 3080.
That has largely been similar to my mindset for all the 3060TIs that have in some way been possible achievable (i.e. a button that didn't say sold out), they're just so much higher in cost than the reference design it puts it with spitting distance of the next tier card but you know regardless of the overclock on them they're not going to be anywhere close to the next tier in speed.

Managed to get a Founder's Edition 3090 from Best Buy drop today so that's nice, might put my Aorus Xtreme 3090 up for sale, not sure lol. I'd still really like that FE 3080 card though, that EK block looks siiick even though EK lol.

Sweet man! Hope you receive the card instead of a box of cat food :)
Ha, nah don't have to worry about that. Amazon ended up cancelling the order along with hundreds/thousands of others it oversold to.

Instead, I ordered an EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra from this morning's Best Buy drop - the card I've wanted but couldn't get my hands on. Gets delivered Thursday! :D

Ha, nah don't have to worry about that. Amazon ended up cancelling the order along with hundreds/thousands of others it oversold to.

Instead, I ordered an EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra from this morning's Best Buy drop - the card I've wanted but couldn't get my hands on. Gets delivered Thursday! :D
Even better! Congrats! Post pics!

Started the journey trying to get rid of a 2080 ti from Zotac and ended up with a 3080 from Lord Zotac last month..and a couple of 3070s in between lol. As they say in some parts:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-220749_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029-220749_Discord.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
This is fucking ridiculous. I just came to MC and there a line down the block of people waiting on 3080s. It is 11:30am....
11:30? Do they open at noon or something?

That said, MC is simply one of the few (only?) places that doesn't sell online, so the chances of getting a card has nothing to do with "who's bot is faster" and you can just see how long the line is. That said, if they get 100s of cards, and 1 card per customer, with no one "holding space for others who magically jump out of the cars in the parking lot to join their friend in line" and now you being 40 people back turns into 100 people pack, you might have a better than average chance of getting a card. Plus something I've noticed, if they're keeping 6+ feet between people lines tend to look misleadingly long.

11:30? Do they open at noon or something?

That said, MC is simply one of the few (only?) places that doesn't sell online, so the chances of getting a card has nothing to do with "who's bot is faster" and you can just see how long the line is. That said, if they get 100s of cards, and 1 card per customer, with no one "holding space for others who magically jump out of the cars in the parking lot to join their friend in line" and now you being 40 people back turns into 100 people pack, you might have a better than average chance of getting a card. Plus something I've noticed, if they're keeping 6+ feet between people lines tend to look misleadingly long.
I talked to the manager and said the truck was late. It just showed up when I got there. They didn't know how many cards there were on there. I am sure they know. The guy in front said he was there since 4am. I said you a fucking scalper ain't you. He smiled and shrugged at me. I counted 36 people in line drive past.

Last edited:
I talked to the manager and said the truck was late. It just showed up when I got there. They didn't know how many cards there were on there. I am sure they know. The guy in front said he was there since 4am. I said you a fucking scalper ain't you. He smiled and shrugged at me. I counted 36 people in line drive past.

Tomorrow's truck ain't gonna arrive

The guy in front said he was there since 4am. I said you a fucking scalper ain't you. He smiled and shrugged at me. I counted 36 people in line drive past.
Is it really worth their time waiting in line at 4am to get a card to flip? I guess I'm in the minority that values his time more than a few hundred dollars flipping a CPU, GPU, console.

MicroCenter hasn't done this, so they probably just don't care, but I think they should institute some sort of 15 or 30 day policy on these flagship/premier products. That if you've bought a card in the last 15 days you can't buy another on the same CC/same name/same address.

MicroCenter would like to sell additional components with their graphics cards, and people that are scalping them aren't buying additional components at retail with their graphics cards purchase, so I think it would actually help their bottom line. We all know a good percentage of the customers are the same guys lining up day after day after day to buy/scalp.

As to stopping people from using cash to hide previous purchases - not much you could do there, but I think you'd take a big dent out of the scalping at MC if you just limited it to one graphics card purchase per credit card per X period of time.

I do recall in the mining craze of 2017/2018 that Microcenter in Overland Park KS just flat boosted their prices to match typical scalper prices. Since that stopped, I presume Nvidia and AMD got after them for that practice. The minimum moratory on additional purchases of the same, in demand SKU, would be effective, and profitable for MicroCenter.

MicroCenter hasn't done this, so they probably just don't care, but I think they should institute some sort of 15 or 30 day policy on these flagship/premier products. That if you've bought a card in the last 15 days you can't buy another on the same CC/same name/same address.

MicroCenter would like to sell additional components with their graphics cards, and people that are scalping them aren't buying additional components at retail with their graphics cards purchase, so I think it would actually help their bottom line. We all know a good percentage of the customers are the same guys lining up day after day after day to buy/scalp.

As to stopping people from using cash to hide previous purchases - not much you could do there, but I think you'd take a big dent out of the scalping at MC if you just limited it to one graphics card purchase per credit card per X period of time.

I do recall in the mining craze of 2017/2018 that Microcenter in Overland Park KS just flat boosted their prices to match typical scalper prices. Since that stopped, I presume Nvidia and AMD got after them for that practice. The minimum moratory on additional purchases of the same, in demand SKU, would be effective, and profitable for MicroCenter.
There is a limit 1 card per 30 days per house hold. Mine just doesn't enforce it. They just won't let you buy multiple in one go. Mine also jacked up prices on 1080ti and stuff during the mining craze. Scalping was not the issue then. All retailers were jacking up the prices. AMD and Nvidia must of stepped in to stop it this round.

Central Computers in the Bay Area is a joke, I sold my 3070s for a lower 'margin' than these losers claim is normal...because I was trying not to scalp.

Is it really worth their time waiting in line at 4am to get a card to flip? I guess I'm in the minority that values his time more than a few hundred dollars flipping a CPU, GPU, console.
It must be. They told me that guy is there almost everyday.

It must be. They told me that guy is there almost everyday.
Some people also don't have good day jobs so yeah it's totally worth their whiles...if I was a broke college student still and had a MC next to me, I'd probably be maxing my CC on GPUs to resell if I could to pay tuition.

Damn 36 people is a long line? :D As long as that line didn't increase (again people holding places for 4 of their friends who come running as soon as the line starts moving), I'd stand in line for that, between 3090s, 3080s, 3070s, 3060tis there should be something I'd want.

Central Computers in the Bay Area is a joke, I sold my 3070s for a lower 'margin' than these losers claim is normal...because I was trying not to scalp.
Have they jacked up prices? I wanna say it's been well over 20 years since I've stepped foot in one (and that was before I knew of the existence of Fry's)...

Damn 36 people is a long line? :D As long as that line didn't increase (again people holding places for 4 of their friends who come running as soon as the line starts moving), I'd stand in line for that, between 3090s, 3080s, 3070s, 3060tis there should be something I'd want.
I didn't bother. Scalpers are after 3080s for the most part. I doubt they got more 10 let alone 40.

Have they jacked up prices? I wanna say it's been well over 20 years since I've stepped foot in one (and that was before I knew of the existence of Fry's)...
How about a 3060 ti for 499 and a 3070 for 599 (plus the obligatory 10% bay area tax) plus buying another component or two or three...and may be you get the privilege of doing so after winning a raffle. Glad they shut shop in Pleasanton near me ...

How about a 3060 ti for 499 and a 3070 for 599 (plus the obligatory 10% bay area tax) plus buying another component or two or three...and may be you get the privilege of doing so after winning a raffle. Glad they shut shop in Pleasanton near me ...
hahah ouch, yeah couldn't get me participate in that.

Are they that bad now? I went to that store in the past, didn't see anything noteworthy. Been many years though.

I am really sad right now. I was going to camp out a 3080ti when released but the shit I saw today is really disheartening. I was willing to go to MC at 5am but unless I go the day before my chances are nil. I been with out a pc for nearly three months cause of this shit.

I am really sad right now. I was going to camp out a 3080ti when released but the shit I saw today is really disheartening. I was willing to go to MC at 5am but unless I go the day before my chances are nil. I been with out a pc for nearly three months cause of this shit.
Best Buy is my suggestion. Hotstock app is good at telling when there are drops and I've been quite successful at getting cards.

Another way is to get in on the EVGA notifies within a minute of them going live, that's how I got a 3070 XC3 quite painlessly...BB inventory is local and while I have been able to snag a 5600x and then a 5800x from them, I had zero luck for any of the video cards using their site due to the insane bay area demand...Zotac used to have nightly releases but been silent for a while, may be back in the new year...that's how I scored a 3070 and then a 3080 finally. As long as the fans do not die again (touchwood but then again this has a 3 year warranty unlike my refurb 2080 ti...), it's quite a decent card, yes not the fastest with only a 105% power limit but great thermals, cooling and no coil whine at all! May be a side effect of not pushing the power envelope like some other OEMs do...NE is also not bad for atleast the 3070 and 3090 combos, could have gotten quite a few if I needed to...3080s and 6800s are gone in a flash though. GLTA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back