Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
We had one of these when the 1080Ti released, and I thought that it would be nice to have a central place to post links when Ampere cards are found. Both online and B&M for the benefit of others who might be local to you. Or maybe someone finds some in store and is willing to pick up and ship to someone in the [H] community!

Right now, just finding one in stock will be considered a "Hot Deal" by many given the scarcity of them, and the inflated prices that gougers are seeking.

Obviously right now it'll only be for the 3080, but we can add other models as they're released. I thought this would be better than having a bunch of individual threads that need to be closed immediately as they sell out. One central place to check for cards.

Post up as you find `em!

I had to look this up cuz I was skeptical of the bots, but it's true they were out in force:

delete.png

On a different note, for those of you guys who were up this morning trying to purchase one, which sites did you go to and how fast did they go out of stuck? I'm genuinely curious to hear your stories cuz I'm hearing everywhere else the online stores were a shitshow of problems.

On a different note, for those of you guys who were up this morning trying to purchase one, which sites did you go to and how fast did they go out of stuck? I'm genuinely curious to hear your stories cuz I'm hearing everywhere else the online stores were a shitshow of problems.

If you haven't seen it, this thread has a lot of that info, first hand accounts, etc.

I had to look this up cuz I was skeptical of the bots, but it's true they were out in force:

It went something like this literally.

Refreshing nVidia, NewEgg, Amazon, and Best Buy right at 6 AM PST - literally never saw anything in stock, never got any email notifications about stock, nothing. Listings went immediately from Notify to OOS. Within less than one minute. NewEgg had a lot of connectivity problems, the other sites refreshed fine, they just never actually had stock showing.

I think you should break each card into its own thread. Dont let this get convoluted like say the SSD threads where you have people posting completely different products. Its crazy how PC gaming has exploded in modern times when the most expensive cards are instantly sold out.

Refreshing nVidia, NewEgg, Amazon, and Best Buy right at 6 AM PST - literally never saw anything in stock, never got any email notifications about stock, nothing. Listings went immediately from Notify to OOS. Within less than one minute. NewEgg had a lot of connectivity problems, the other sites refreshed fine, they just never actually had stock showing.

I saw cards in stock, had some in my cart. Newegg with the MSI Ventus. BestBuy with a Gigabyte and the MSI Ventus. I saw the Nvidia in stock. I saw the evga ultra in stock at their website. Had ALL of these in my carts except for the Gigabyte and I still walk away empty handed.

I stayed up all night too. I was literally trying to get a card from 8pm or so last night to around 12 noon today.

I saw cards in stock, had some in my cart. Newegg with the MSI Ventus. BestBuy with a Gigabyte and the MSI Ventus. I saw the Nvidia in stock. I saw the evga ultra in stock at their website. Had ALL of these in my carts except for the Gigabyte and I still walk away empty handed.

I stayed up all night too. I was literally trying to get a card from 8pm or so last night to around 12 noon today.
Man vs machine. You can only do so much against bots that can get through the checkout process multiple times in seconds.

Did anyone actually expect to get these one day one? Lol, I'm pretty sure everyone was saying how hard these were going to be to get and everone was like.. "this isn't going to be a paper launch". Oh, yeah, it's not a paper launch if 3 people where able to get them ;). Now that my sinical stuff is out of the way, looking forward to seeing how many people actually were able to snag one of the limited supply.

NowInStock briefly flashed nVidia site stock a little bit ago, but I never saw it. I wonder if they are reviewing orders and cancelling multiples - I hope so.

NowInStock briefly flashed nVidia site stock a little bit ago, but I never saw it. I wonder if they are reviewing orders and cancelling multiples - I hope so.
My browser alerts were kicking off from the now in stock website for Nvidia FE on nvidia.com for like 5 minutes, but whenever I checked it they always were out of stock. It raised my hopes.
now dashed once again.

I wasn't even refreshing that much and nVidia blocked me or something. :LOL:

1600378889407.png

How the fuck did bots get cards?

EDIT: It started working again...they must be implementing some sort of anti-refresh measures though.

Missed this one...dangn’t

That’s my first email notice all day and I was signed up for all of them.

Attachments

• 5E0F025E-0024-48F7-896F-8E4C5173EE1B.jpeg
    5E0F025E-0024-48F7-896F-8E4C5173EE1B.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 0
I just played the cart game with Newegg, a couple of EVGA showed as in-stock, got them in the cart and went to check out and then the OOS.

Newegg's system sucks, it says Add to Cart and lets you actually add it long after it's gone OOS.

View attachment 280077

All the nice people who get cancer and then you have this asshat. I get it, people will do it, but don't brag about it.

Did anyone do the in-person thing at Microcenter today? After all of the hullabaloo with this and the PS5, I'm tempted to camp out next week for the 3090. I haven't taken a vacation day in months and I'm not wanting to chance this.

This chip is 628 mm² in size....it's approx 14% larger than 2080....after the die shrink. It uses 20% more power than the 2080 Ti (let that sink in) yet I think it's 17% smaller. It's a new process and there's more RT cores than before. If you don't think NVidia is going to have problems producing this in quantity then think again.

There are efficiency gains on the process but not at these power levels. These models are far above what they replace in order to give the performance they give. After looking at everything this is no free lunch. You will be using considerably more power to produce these gains.

Last edited:
This chip is 628 mm² in size....it's approx 14% larger than 2080....after the die shrink. It uses 20% more power than the 2080 Ti (let that sink in) yet I think it's 17% smaller. It's a new process and there's more RT cores than before. If you don't think NVidia is going to have problems producing this in quantity then think again.

There are efficiency gains on the process but not at these power levels. These models are far above what they replace in order to give the performance they give. After looking at everything this is no free lunch. You will be using considerably more power to produce these gains.

I saw a video where they undervolted it to save 50W with basically no performance loss.... a common tactic with AMD cards.

Also, it’s called Ampere. Maximum amps amirite?

Adorama taking backorders for EVGA cards - just posted them recently I think. Just ordered an XC3. I'm good with it taking a while but at least this way I'm (hopefully) in some sort of queue at least.

I think I've learned about more electronics retailers I'd never heard of in the last 3 days than in the previous 10 years.

I see a bunch of 3080s on FB market near me. They are all the MC had in stock =/. A bunch just showing confirm orders screen shots from NE lol. They ask 1500+. There was a FE there for asking $5000.

Adorama taking backorders for EVGA cards - just posted them recently I think. Just ordered an XC3. I'm good with it taking a while but at least this way I'm (hopefully) in some sort of queue at least.

And now they're not... Was shown as able to add to cart in the list view, opened the product page and no longer available for backorder.

I see a bunch of 3080s on FB market near me. They are all the MC had in stock =/. A bunch just showing confirm orders screen shots from NE lol. They ask 1500+. There was a FE there for asking $5000.

Ask to meet them you'd like to buy one and just don't show. Fuck those people. And WTF MC, why didn't you limit your supply?

Ask to meet them you'd like to buy one and just don't show. Fuck those people. And WTF MC, why didn't you limit your supply?
They were different people selling them but they were all the same model MC was selling. While watching their site they sold their last card at 10:30. I was thinking of ditching work to go get one but figured it would be sold out by the time I get there. It is about 45 min drive to MC from work.

And now they're not... Was shown as able to add to cart in the list view, opened the product page and no longer available for backorder.
They probably got more back orders then they could possibly ever fill and had to shut it down.

Last edited:
Some of us just lucked out and preordered a Zotac 3080 from Amazon. Now closed. Supposed delivery 30 September.

I put in an order in for an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra at Adorama when they had them open this morning for back orders. If it comes in a reasonable time I'll sell or return my MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio. Would rather sell it to someone at cost + shipping than risk it going to a scalper once its relisted on Newegg.

Seeing scalpers put up 3080s on Amazon for $1,800 and then seeing them go out of stock makes me profoundly sad. Hopefully they are being removed, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back