• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official GTX 680 overclocking Thread!

although I can bench at +125 core, to be able to run heaven for more than 20 minutes, I had to drop down to +100. This is with the power target at 132% of course and a ramped up fan profile so the temp stays under 70 degrees. The final gpu clock at these settings under full load is 1185mhz. Haven't started testing memory yet.

Why are you running heaven for 20 minutes?

Play a game for an hour or two and that will give you a better idea of stability.
I can run Heaven at 1300Mhz but I can't pass 1270Mhz in BF3.
 
My findings:
+100/+100/132% = Stable for benching, not for gaming (Crysis 2 and Batman AC)
Highest temp according to GPU-Z is 79C
Highest core clock I've seen is 1084 at stock settings

+100 isn't worth the measly gains. Might take another look at non-reference cards once they come out.
 
Why are you running heaven for 20 minutes?

Play a game for an hour or two and that will give you a better idea of stability.
I can run Heaven at 1300Mhz but I can't pass 1270Mhz in BF3.

Because it's a simple tool to start with. If it can't at least pass an hour of heaven, I won't even consider testing it in game. However, I have been playing games at 132% +100/+500 for a few hours now without issue.
 
Because it's a simple tool to start with. If it can't at least pass an hour of heaven, I won't even consider testing it in game. However, I have been playing games at 132% +100/+500 for a few hours now without issue.

I agree, I like to just run Heaven for a while and walk away and do some chores or something. If its still running when I get back then I consider that stable enough to test with some games.
 
132%, 178, 525 on evga. Stable on all benches and in BF3 & DCS A10.

225, 675 works in 3dmark/heaven but not BF3. :(
 
Highest I tried so far is +198/+444 (weird afterburner slider) which would be 1296/3444.

X3738
P10077

Heaven 51.1(fps) 1287(score)

Been playing BF3 all day yesterday, and I forgot I had Unigine looping in the background last night. Bright side, at least it's stable. Don't like that it'll downclock if you hit 70C, so I have to leave it at 85% fan to prevent that. Moment it does hit 70C though it'll drop to like 1.165V @ 1270Mhz for example and I'll get a driver crash.

So far, love this card! ~110 less under load from my 480 to this = happy day. Only thing though is that this card is boring, no fun in OC'ing it. I'm tempted to sell it off and just wait for one to come out with some crazy ass voltage settings.
 
Not sure if its been posted here just yet or not but I posted it in Guru3d's forum cause I came upon it while overclocking, and was lost for awhile.

If your cards not benching very high, or your OC scanner test is around 300-400 FPS range(Single card), go to your Control panel and disable FXAA and Transparency. My problem was that these wouldn't shut off through the panel. If they do not, use nvidia inspector >Driver profile settings>Set profile to Default. (Even turning these OFF in panel doesn't seem to still)

*Make sure to default your profile with Inspector imo, and double check by seeing if you get a 550-650 range on OCscanners test(Single Card)

I thought it was my card or drivers acting up due to the fact I would stress test OCscanner with 650 range FPS, then later on it would drop to 300 range...

(Single Card)
FXAA=300ish FPS off on OCscanner test
Trans=100ish FPS off on OCscanner test

That dropped my PCmark score from 10700 range to somewhere in the 9000's. Just keep an eye on it. Hope it helps someone.

P.S-I can only seem to get my card around +150/+175 and +550 stable so far, sadly. They seem pretty varied per person from what I've seen. Actually debating about selling my EVGA and just waiting for the GK110 or the next few versions of the 680.(Input welcome on that ^^, going to link my pics soon here)
 
Last edited:
i have an Asus GTX 680 and my settings are as follows

Power 132%

core offset 110
mem offset 446

i can play bf3 fine

iam using a user fan profile i made basically at 60 to 70 degress the fan ramps up to 70%

and that allows it to be cooled staying at 69 degrees and is stable been playing bf3 at 1080p ultra maxed out this video card should be inducted in the video card hall of fame i mean i was coming from 2 6970s in crossfire and this card is way faster than that in bf3
its insane how efficent it is !!
 
i can't push the core past 110 and the mem past 446 or it crashes
 
i can't push the core past 110 and the mem past 446 or it crashes
Try to turn your fan up to 85% and run your test again. Make sure you turn your power target to 132% as well. I noticed if it nears 70 Celsius, it changes clock and errors the driver. As well as my advice up a few posts. I'm not a wiz in OCing but that is what I've done with mine.

Heres my OCing/Benchmarks for everyone.

Any input on if these scores are decent, let me know. Like I said still new-ish to the higher-end performance OCing. Thanks! "Go easy on me :( " lol..

benchy.jpg
bench2.jpg
 
Last edited:
...Actually debating about selling my EVGA and just waiting for the GK110 or the next few versions of the 680.(Input welcome on that ^^, going to link my pics soon here)

I'm in the same boat, I feel like Nvidia is going to release something soon that makes us regret our purchase. I LOVE the card to death, awesome coming from my 480, faster and way lower on the power draw. Since All I do is game... and work, bust mostly game, it keeps my ass cooler since I'm in a small room.

Drawback, it's not fun to OC at all. Voltage limited = boooo, and I wonder if all future 680's will be locked at 1.175V.

I feel like selling it and waiting till something comes out that lets me put a waterblock on it and let me hit like 1.4V for like a nice ~1500Mhz core. It's not like my 480 is slow... just a power whore.

Oh, and honestly, I can't tell the difference between Ultra and High in BF3. Major difference I think other than Post processing would be like SSAO and HBAO which are the fps killers.

... no idea what to do.
 
I don't thinkvthey will release faster card than the gtx 680 for at least 10 months. There is no reason. They can't even keep it in stock. I'm getting between 70 to 90 fps in bf3 maxed which is faster and cheaper than the competition
 
Did a light OC...132% power, +100 GPU, +300 Mem...

P21894 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3086496

I've got you beat with a light OC on my 3 7970s and the same core clock on my 3930k (4.3ghz, not 4.8ghz as it is in my sig.

Glad to see 7970s still pull ahead when both are OC'd :p


Keep in mind, I do also own a 680 that will do +185. I plan on picking up 3 more of them, and if I get better frames in BF3, I'll probably use that setup instead. However my 7970s OC to 1250mhz in tri-fire, and 1300mhz in crossfire. One of my cards is a bad OC'er. I plan to swap it out and add another 7970 in its place along with an additional 7970 if I decide to not go with more 680s.
 
I'm in the same boat, I feel like Nvidia is going to release something soon that makes us regret our purchase. I LOVE the card to death, awesome coming from my 480, faster and way lower on the power draw. Since All I do is game... and work, bust mostly game, it keeps my ass cooler since I'm in a small room.

Drawback, it's not fun to OC at all. Voltage limited = boooo, and I wonder if all future 680's will be locked at 1.175V.

I feel like selling it and waiting till something comes out that lets me put a waterblock on it and let me hit like 1.4V for like a nice ~1500Mhz core. It's not like my 480 is slow... just a power whore.

Oh, and honestly, I can't tell the difference between Ultra and High in BF3. Major difference I think other than Post processing would be like SSAO and HBAO which are the fps killers.

... no idea what to do.

lol, if you want to trade it for a 7970, hit me up :p
 
Well, I gave up. Mine clocked terribly, made lots of noise, and ran hot. Compared to my previous 580 @ 900 that runs cold and silent, it's just not enough of an upgrade.
 
lol, if you want to trade it for a 7970, hit me up :p

I actually almost bought one with a WB on it from this guy on eBay, he was selling it with a Koolance block on it.

I've seen what those cards draw at max voltage and ~1300Mhz, probably as high as my 480 lol.
 
I suspect that something is off with the 301.10 drivers. They crash every once in a while with Firefox 12 beta & no other app. Hopefully next driver release will have these TDR crashes fixed. Gaming has no issues on stock but I'll have to keep testing out the best OC.
 
Well, I gave up. Mine clocked terribly, made lots of noise, and ran hot. Compared to my previous 580 @ 900 that runs cold and silent, it's just not enough of an upgrade.

I've got a water cooled 580 @ 900 core too... so just wondering about performance compared to a 680...

can you provide any more specifics?
 
Well, I gave up. Mine clocked terribly, made lots of noise, and ran hot. Compared to my previous 580 @ 900 that runs cold and silent, it's just not enough of an upgrade.
I have had the opposite experience. My room is notably cooler with two 680s versus two 580s, and my 680 maxes around 80C at 1.175v / 1312MHz. In games like ME3 I rarely see temps above 60-65C.

What clocks were you getting? Are you running an auto fan profile?
 
I suspect that something is off with the 301.10 drivers. They crash every once in a while with Firefox 12 beta & no other app. Hopefully next driver release will have these TDR crashes fixed. Gaming has no issues on stock but I'll have to keep testing out the best OC.

Wow, they solved the driver TDR issue in 295.73, but then people reported that with 296.10 it started happening again at a low rate. Sad news if it's continuing into the 600 series.
 
What's the "default" voltage people are seeing on 680 cards with say Crysis or BF3?
 
The voltage scales with GPU Boost. With my power set to 132% I see a max voltage of 1.175v which is the current max for all reference cards AFAIK. They are voltage locked, not sure if we will see that changed or not.
 
The voltage scales with GPU Boost. With my power set to 132% I see a max voltage of 1.175v which is the current max for all reference cards AFAIK. They are voltage locked, not sure if we will see that changed or not.

Right. What's the max voltage you see at all default settings with games such as BF3 and Crysis? I don't know how to ask this any more clearly.
 
Right. What's the max voltage you see at all default settings with games such as BF3 and Crysis? I don't know how to ask this any more clearly.

1.175, it never changes until the card starts to downclock at 70C. It dips to 1.125 after 70C.
 
Right. What's the max voltage you see at all default settings with games such as BF3 and Crysis? I don't know how to ask this any more clearly.
You asked for what the default voltage is. I gave you the default voltage. There isn't a way to change the voltage settings at this point in time so even with the card overclocked you still run the default voltage. Sorry if I didn't address your question the way you wanted.
 
My card pretty much is always boosted when running a 3D application I noticed. This means 1.175v is always the voltage it's running at. Whether playing Crysis 2 with DX11/texture packs on ultra settings or playing a game from 5 years ago (200+ fps) I see it's always at 1086mhz core. No overclocking, no programs running other than the game and GPU-Z. I have yet to try out Precision's target fps for the older game. Guessing clocks/voltage would drop if I set this to 60fps.
 
My card pretty much is always boosted when running a 3D application I noticed. This means 1.175v is always the voltage it's running at. Whether playing Crysis 2 with DX11/texture packs on ultra settings or playing a game from 5 years ago (200+ fps) I see it's always at 1086mhz core. No overclocking, no programs running other than the game and GPU-Z.

Thanks, that's what I see mostly. My V is maxxed out at 1086 also. So there's two of us that don't hit 1100+ like it was claimed all cards do.
 
Wow, they solved the driver TDR issue in 295.73, but then people reported that with 296.10 it started happening again at a low rate. Sad news if it's continuing into the 600 series.

I still think that NVIDIA really doesn't know how to fix TDR to the fullest yest.
 
So when do we get the [H]ard OC results kyle. Would be nice to see what you guys get 7970 OC vs 680 OC. From what I have seen they are very close to each other. Which still puts the 680 as the better buy.
 
I still think that NVIDIA really doesn't know how to fix TDR to the fullest yest.

I've seen it a few times on 580s but that may have been due to heavy overclocks. But the nvidia geforce forum is still littered with complaints about TDRs.
 
I've got a water cooled 580 @ 900 core too... so just wondering about performance compared to a 680...

can you provide any more specifics?

Coming from a 480 @ 900 core 24/7 for almost a year straight, so your jump will obviously be smaller. Just like when the 5870's launched, it was marginally faster than the 285's... then drivers optimization kicked in over time. If I ran my 480 stock then the performance jump would've been bigger. Before my 480 i had a 470, and before that, 5870's in CFX. This card definitely slightly quicker than my 5870 and 470 sli setup. Best part is that my room is cooler lol. They're just not fun to OC.

Your jump will probably be when the next revision of these cards launch, like the "685" or something.

If you want to bench vs bench let me know, I think I got lucky since my card been did 8hrs of BF3 @ 1300/7000 so far. Vsync off.
 
I still think that NVIDIA really doesn't know how to fix TDR to the fullest yest.

I used to get them all the time on my GTX 280 SLI setup, but that was only with one game (ArmA 2 / OA) so I figured it was application-specific. With my GTX 570 SLI setup I haven't had a single one.

I don't think it's entirely driver-related. Maybe something between the drivers and the games themselves.
 
Well, I gave up. Mine clocked terribly, made lots of noise, and ran hot. Compared to my previous 580 @ 900 that runs cold and silent, it's just not enough of an upgrade.

My card runs far quieter than an overclocked GTX570 so something is off there.

That said these cards don't clock too well, thats for sure. I know that mine doesn't.

Thanks, that's what I see mostly. My V is maxxed out at 1086 also. So there's two of us that don't hit 1100+ like it was claimed all cards do.

Make that three, my card does 1084mhz by default. I really want to flash an evga ssc bios onto it. I tend to play with my cards and overclock them a bit when I first get the card and never run them overclocked at all after a while. I prefer to just flash a modest overclock onto the bios.
 
Doing +180 on the core and +550 on the ram currently at 132%. Any higher on the core and I get driver crash errors. Temps dont exceed 58c with my accelero x2 cooler at 30% fan speed.

A bit of a letdown compared to the 7970's OCing headroom, but still far more than I was able to achieve with previous generation cards.
 
Doing +180 on the core and +550 on the ram currently at 132%. Any higher on the core and I get driver crash errors. Temps dont exceed 58c with my accelero x2 cooler at 30% fan speed.

A bit of a letdown compared to the 7970's OCing headroom, but still far more than I was able to achieve with previous generation cards.

can you take pics of the accelero cooler on your card? iam just curious of how it looks thinking of getting one if it makes any difference
 
I've seen it a few times on 580s but that may have been due to heavy overclocks. But the nvidia geforce forum is still littered with complaints about TDRs.

Yeah, its been that way for a very long time. I avoid that forum for good reason.

I used to get them all the time on my GTX 280 SLI setup, but that was only with one game (ArmA 2 / OA) so I figured it was application-specific. With my GTX 570 SLI setup I haven't had a single one.

I don't think it's entirely driver-related. Maybe something between the drivers and the games themselves.

So far only one app besides having issues with random crashes after trying to OC. I'll look into it further.
 
Back
Top