Official BenQ FP241VW (not FP241W) Thread. Reviews and Pics

Hey Celiman80,

If you don't have a December 2007 build date of this screen it will cut off the PS3 screen regardless of 1:1 or not. With the December 2007 build date and "overscan off" it will not cut off anything.

With a PC this is not a problem through DVI at all. It is only a problem with a PS3 or player through HDMI, or a source coming in through component.

Regards,

10e

I ordered mine from NCIX on Wednesday Feb 27, 2008.
I should have it by Tuesday March 4 hopefully. I will post which build it is to confirm that NCIX is not still shipping Mach 2007 builds any more. The Open Box deals are most likely March 07 builds so if you are gonna use it for PC only save your self some money and buy an Open Box deal.

Also There is a Deal going on right now, you can save $30.00.

But heres a hint... Price Match it, you'll save even more!

That still doesnt make sense... when I was just looking at the pictures of the new build date and the overscan feature, it looks like it just zooms out all the way so that you have black bars on the left and right AND on the top and bottom...

Another 24inch monitor I had did not do this... It matched the LEFT and RIGHT perfectly through HDMI. And left a 60 pixel black bar on the top and bottom. (1200-1080 = 120) (120/2 = 60)

Regardless, it looks like to me that with the overscan option for HDMI that it won't chop off any of the picture, but it instead shrinks the whole image so there are borders EVERYWHERE instead of just the top and bottom.

This really sucks if that is the case even with the new build date. Can anyone confirm?

Why can't the 1:1 just work correctly???? Makes no sense.

The best way to describe it, is that with the newest build date, the "overscan off" option allows you to see the full image on the 1920x1080 "window", while the "overscan on" mode (similar to the March 2007 Build date) magnifies the image by 4 to 5% and places it in that same 1920x1080 window.

But, to be honest, now that I've seen both build dates, there is no difference in quality, just more of the screen shows up. The only really big difference I see with the Dec. 07 build date is the correct sizing of Xbox 360 over VGA.

Regards,

10e

That still doesnt make sense... when I was just looking at the pictures of the new build date and the overscan feature, it looks like it just zooms out all the way so that you have black bars on the left and right AND on the top and bottom...

Another 24inch monitor I had did not do this... It matched the LEFT and RIGHT perfectly through HDMI. And left a 60 pixel black bar on the top and bottom. (1200-1080 = 120) (120/2 = 60)

Regardless, it looks like to me that with the overscan option for HDMI that it won't chop off any of the picture, but it instead shrinks the whole image so there are borders EVERYWHERE instead of just the top and bottom.

This really sucks if that is the case even with the new build date. Can anyone confirm?

Why can't the 1:1 just work correctly???? Makes no sense.

Well regardless, this seems like the best 24 inch monitor that is out... The new Dells have been getting bad reviews... So I think I am going to go with the BenQ.

Any suggestions as to where to purchase it from?

Also, does anyone know who is shipping only the Dec 07 build date?

I thought some were saying that NCIX is still shipping March 07?

Anyone know if New Egg is?

NCIX have a better return policy?

I dunno,

I have an NCIX bought March 2007 build date sitting in my basement that I received last Monday, so look out. I'm in Toronto/Markham.

I purchased my December 2007 version from distribution because I work for a computer reseller.

But I would agree, that the BenQ FP241w/vw is still the one to beat. Well, if it works right.

10e

Ugh,

First it's the wrong build date, now this. I swear, shoulda just kept my original, April 2007 built FP241W with it's wrong 1920x1080 VGA sizing and overscanned inputs and probably been happy.

Anyway, sorry for the vent, but I'm on BenQ monitor number 5 right now, maybe you can tell me if it's defective or what.

I have my PC connected to the DVI, and the PS3 connected to HDMI. If the PC is on, and I switch to the HDMI to use the PS3, and regardless if the PS3 is previously on or not, it takes two minutes, and about three blue screens to see the PS3 XMB, if I get to see it AT ALL.

If I get to see it what I end up with is a banded image that looks like it's coated in green or red fairy dust.

Often when it's doing it's little sync dance, it also shows me a sparkly, fairy dust version of my PC screen as well, as if the HDMI is confused whether it's HDMI or DVI.

I've tried three different HDMI cables, two of which I'm absolutely sure they work.

This normal?

THX,

10e

Could it be something with the HDCP handshake?

My last monitor was having trouble with it and I saw lots of artifacts and distortions that some claimed was due to an improper handshake... Not sure how true that is, but if I turned it on a certain way, it worked fine.

It's really weird.

I'm on number 2 of a December 2007 build, and the problem persists.

It's not a big deal, as I can use the component cables, but I don't really understand it. It's almost like there is a hub for digital instead of two separate electronic connectors.

Really weird. If it was HDCP I would think that it wouldn't work at all, but if I unplug the PC the PS3 shows up on HDMI INSTANTLY. If I plug the PC back in, it goes back to a blank, blue screen just as quickly.

Not too impressed. Well, at least this one has a perfect panel.

10e

Could it be something with the HDCP handshake?

My last monitor was having trouble with it and I saw lots of artifacts and distortions that some claimed was due to an improper handshake... Not sure how true that is, but if I turned it on a certain way, it worked fine.

Have you tried this:

Switch to HDMI (regardless if the PC is on or not).

Turn off the monitor..

Then turn it back on...

Try that both with the PS3 already on and with it off.

From what I've heard, HDCP hand shakes have problems with switching sources... I've heard that a lot of TVs have to be turned off and the BluRay/HD-DVD players have to be turned off and then back on for it to hand shake right. I would assume that the same thing could be happening here. Something with changing a source on an HDCP compliant monitor / tv.

HDCP sucks big time.

I tried that.

I even tried switching to component first, then turning off the monitor, then switching to HDMI. Very strange.

I'm going to try BenQ support again to see if they can offer assistance as this is the second December 2007 build I have that is doing this.

Thanks,

10e

Well I finally figured it out to an extent,

I have my main PC on DVI through an ATI 3870x2 card. Now, if I use the "second" port, which is the one closest to the motherboard (the right most port) the HDMI refuses to show anything when the PC is active (not in power save).

I then switched to the left port (port 1) on the card, and then switched to HDMI and booted up the PS3. It worked! But, with one caveat. Every few minutes the monitor will blank for a second and then show me the "Input HDMI" screen in the middle and seemingly reset. This is ok, but if I'm playing a racing game on the PS3 I usually end up crashing because it disappears.

I guess my other choice is to use an HDMI or DVI switch, but that is not necessarily the best option, as it requires me to waste an HDMI to DVI cable if I put the switch on DVI, and putting everything on HDMI is not an option, because then my PC can only do 1920x1080 on the monitor through HDMI.

Weirdly enough, the cheaper G2400W allows full 1920x1200 resolution over HDMI.

Oh well,

FYI,

10e

Well,

Update on the previous post. It seems if my computer is active on the DVI using the other video port, I am only able to get 720p/1080i through the FP241VW via HDMI.

1080p does the "blinking to blue screen thing" with the PS3.

Weird product!

10e

Ridiculous... its as if a 3 year old kid is in charge of all the engineering that goes into EVERY monitor on the market.

This is getting really old... is there a good 24 inch (or larger) monitor out there?

Ridiculous... its as if a 3 year old kid is in charge of all the engineering that goes into EVERY monitor on the market.

This is getting really old... is there a good 24 inch (or larger) monitor out there?

Not being made at the moment for under $700, but if you are willing to hunt out discontinued models there are jewels to be had in the trash heap of displays (perhaps thats putting it strongly :D ). Just don't go by reviews, go by forum hearsay. Mediocre displays often get glowing reviews while good ones get panned in turn.

Dainas: I've looked at pretty much every monitor 24 inches and up and regardless of price, the forums seem to report they all are seriously flawed. Even the brand new Dells are getting ripped a new one on here. No way would I pay $2k for a 30 inch monitor that literally has so much input lag that when you move the mouse it takes like a second for it to move on the screen.

10e: Do you think it could possibly be the 3870x2 that is causing this? Have you tried a single processor video card? I was thinking that maybe the monitor doesn't like to play with the onboard crossfire.... Never know! could be something really weird...

This is a serious and obvious problem, and it would seem that BenQ would have caught this during testing of the various inputs.... That's why it made me think maybe it was the 3870x2, especially since it is relatively new.

Also, I was curious, which 3870x2 did you get?

Been talking with Newegg about this... they say their latest shipment was at the end of last week... so hopefully it is a Dec 07 build. However, if someone can recommend a more expensive monitor with multiple inputs and is good for gaming, I would consider that.

Also, are both the DVI and HDMI ports HDCP compliant? Newegg doesn't list it as such, nor does BenQ advertise it.

10e, did you see my last post?

Thanks for the tip,

I'm going to stick in the single 3870 tonight and see what happens. Hopefully I will get it running right.

If I get this flaw fixed I can wholeheartedly recommend the BenQ. It's a very nice and clean panel, with not too much anti-glare so it doesn't look dirty or sparkly, and once it's calibrated it's a visual treat, but these other issues are stupid.

I recommend the HP LP3065. No input lag, S-IPS panel 3!!!! DVI (I think with HDCP). I wish I had just bought that and been done with it.

My LG 37LB5D was ALMOST perfect> 3 perfect HDMI ports, gorgeous SIPS screen, excellent component, VGA, etc.... just too much input lag (around 80ms), though new models have an unprocessed mode which apparently reduces this. And I paid less for this than the 3008 or XHD3000.

Damn, it hurts!

10E

Dainas: I've looked at pretty much every monitor 24 inches and up and regardless of price, the forums seem to report they all are seriously flawed. Even the brand new Dells are getting ripped a new one on here. No way would I pay $2k for a 30 inch monitor that literally has so much input lag that when you move the mouse it takes like a second for it to move on the screen.

10e: Do you think it could possibly be the 3870x2 that is causing this? Have you tried a single processor video card? I was thinking that maybe the monitor doesn't like to play with the onboard crossfire.... Never know! could be something really weird...

This is a serious and obvious problem, and it would seem that BenQ would have caught this during testing of the various inputs.... That's why it made me think maybe it was the 3870x2, especially since it is relatively new.

Also, I was curious, which 3870x2 did you get?

So I tried the 3870 and the problems seemed to persist.

It was REALLY strange. I used port 1 on the card and connected to DVI. I then turned on the PS3 and held down the "power on" key until a second beep which switches the PS3 to start at 480i/p.

I then put it to 1080i and then 1080p. 1080i was flawless, but 1080p seemed to have a bit of yellow "snow" on the screen. I then switched to DVI, waited until the Windows screen came up, and then switched back.

The screen flashed twice and then I waited, but saw no picture at 1080p for the PS3. I rebooted and then couldn't even get 1080i working. I then disconnected the PC and the HDMI picture came up. Switched back to 1080i, and then re-connected the PC. Then the screen would flash every one or two seconds on HDMI.

Very strange, and very disappointing. Like I've said before, the G2400W had NO ISSUES switching back and forth, and it is a September 2007 build date while the FP241VW is a December 2007 build date.

I turned off and on both "Alternate DVI Operational" mode and "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" and it seemed that if Ieft the "alternate mode" on, the PS3 worked ok at 1080i with no flashing or re-syncing.

There must be some sort of bug here. I'm going to call them tomorrow and rail on them a bit. I was hoping that I could just go with the FP241VW and sell the Westinghouse L2410NM, but right now, the way things are going, it might be the FP that's up for sale soon, as the Westinghouse with an HDMI switch is working very well switching back and forth HDMI between PC and PS3.

I guess tonight I'll try the 8800GTS 512MB and see what happens. As a single card solution, I'd prefer the GTS anyways.

Regards,

10e

I looked at the HP, but it only accepts dual link DVI, so you can't use the PS3 at all with it... neither a component -> dvi connector or a hdmi -> dvi connector.

Any other options?

I want to hook up:
1. My PC through an HDCP compliant DVI
2. My PS3 through HDMI
3. My Wii through Component

Would it be better to just get an HDMI splitter and find a monitor with a single hdmi or dvi input?

10e, speaking of the HDMI splitter, I just had another idea... if the input lag and everything else about the BenQ is nice, then why not just buy a HDMI splitter and use only the DVI input?

Does the DVI have HDCP? The DVI works fine with the PS3 at 1080p right? (1:1, non dual link DVI? It has to be non dual link supposedly for the PS3 to work fine with the DVI).

If the DVI isn't dual link, if it has HDCP compliance and if the PS3 works through the DVI input, I may go ahead and buy it and just do the splitter thing.

Also, here is another post that I found about an LG monitor. Similar problem with the PS3. LG tech support said it was doing the loss of signal thing because the PS3 outputs at 60 hz, and the monitor doesn't accept that.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1223889

I've gone ahead and bought the DoubleSight DS-263N - 26" as it seems like the better option at this point. Plus HDMI splitters are cheap and I've ordered a component to DVI connector for the Wii... and will just use a DVI to HDMI connector from there.

Will have to do a crazy amount of converting, but who cares lol. Overall it seems like a better deal. There are just too many problems with all the "multi-input" monitors out there.

This display sounds awesome so I hope you enjoy it.

I have an HDMI Switch that I can use, but right now it's installed on the Westinghouse L2410NM sitting beside the FP241VW because the L2410NM only has one HDMI.

I have "mostly" figured it all out now. It turns out that if I boot my PC into Vista the problem does not exist. Don't ask me why, but I noticed an issue before with my 3870 and 3870x2 where in XP, with a different HDMI switch (that I've since returned) XP flashed every ten seconds while Vista worked perfectly on the Westy.

So since then, I've found a seeming workaround with XP as well. I uncheck the "Alternate DVI operation" and "reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" on Catalyst control panel, and connect the BenQ to port ONE of the card (which is the port further from the motherboard) and lo and behold, I can use the PS3 in HDMI at 1080p.

The only time it blinks is if I reboot the PC (which I can do since I'm running the Westinghouse as the secondary monitor (so I can see what is going on during the reboot). The only issue is if the BenQ is on HDMI when Windows XP boots, I have to re-activate it in CCC to get it going. When I do this the PS3 blinks once and then stops.

I tested it for about an hour last night and the PS3 seems to be working well now, as I played Burnout Paradise for a while and it didn't blink at all even when the computer went into DVI power save and then came back while I was playing.

Tonight I will try it with the 8800GTS I have in that same computer.

Either way, I'd take the wide gamut S-IPS panel in the DS-263N over most on the market, and I think you will absolutely love it for everything, and I doubt you will have any issues with the HDMI switch.

To be honest though, I slightly prefer the Westinghouse with the PS3 due to the fact that there is ZERO banding on it, whereas other monitors seem to show banding in the XMB.

Alternatively the BenQ has less lag and a slightly nicer panel in general, but the Westinghouse is no slouch either.

So I think I'm set, though not as well as you are :)

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,

10e

I've gone ahead and bought the DoubleSight DS-263N - 26" as it seems like the better option at this point. Plus HDMI splitters are cheap and I've ordered a component to DVI connector for the Wii... and will just use a DVI to HDMI connector from there.

Will have to do a crazy amount of converting, but who cares lol. Overall it seems like a better deal. There are just too many problems with all the "multi-input" monitors out there.

No problem... That's good though that you've discovered a work around, but still unacceptable in my mind. Can you still return it? I was thinking about getting the Westinghouse, but the lag was too bad for me. This Doublesight has even less lag than the Planar, so it sounds perfect.

A few more things:

1. You don't think it has something to do with the output of the PS3 being 60 hz and the monitor defaulting at a different hz? What refresh rate do you have your PC set on? Maybe that has something to do with why it fixes it when you turn on your PC... weird monitor...

2. What HDMI switch would you recommend? Are they all HDCP compliant (meaning, do any of them remove HDCP compliance)? I saw one that auto switches, but I want one that has a manual switch.

Yeah, I agree, that it is a pain, but my exact same PC booted into Vista doesn't cause these issues, so I'm leaning towards a bug with ATI's XP drivers more than the monitor.

It's definitely not a refresh rate issue because the BenQ worked perfectly with PS3 when the PC was in sleep mode or disconnected from DVI.

I will keep the BenQ because as it is right now it works for me, and I like it in a dual monitor config with my Westinghouse. My preference is the FP241W with the better stand, but those can be hard to find right now. I love what I read about the DS-263N but it's tough to find in Canada without waiting weeks.

MonoPrice.com has some good HDMi switches for very cheap, which should work very well with your monitor.

I bought this one from BB in Canada and it works very well on both the Westinghouse and BenQ, and while it is Auto, the auto mode can be turned off. I'd still take a Monoprice switch with the remote control over this one because they have incredible service and lower prices.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8327811&st=terk&type=product&id=1174694369279

Regards and enjoy your wonderful new panel.

10e

No problem... That's good though that you've discovered a work around, but still unacceptable in my mind. Can you still return it? I was thinking about getting the Westinghouse, but the lag was too bad for me. This Doublesight has even less lag than the Planar, so it sounds perfect.

A few more things:

1. You don't think it has something to do with the output of the PS3 being 60 hz and the monitor defaulting at a different hz? What refresh rate do you have your PC set on? Maybe that has something to do with why it fixes it when you turn on your PC... weird monitor...

2. What HDMI switch would you recommend? Are they all HDCP compliant (meaning, do any of them remove HDCP compliance)? I saw one that auto switches, but I want one that has a manual switch.

So last night it happened again. I loaded up Gears of War on my PC and started playing, and reached a point where I could just stop playing (ie. cleared the level) so I decided to boot up the PS3.

Didn't work. Started flashing and wouldn't seemingly sync. This worked perfectly prior to this the night before. Then on the secondary port where I have the Westinghouse L2410NM I noticed I started getting screen corruption. This also happened with the 3870X2 previously, but turning off "alternate DVI Operational Mode" fixed the corruption on both the X2 and 3870, but somehow the display corruption (random flashing red dots) came back.

So I turned off the PS3 and uninstalled the ATI drivers, and replaced the card with my 8800GTS 512MB, which was my last solution. Hooked up the BenQ to Port1 and Westy to Port 2 (it's marked on the nVidias, not on the ATIs though).

Rebooted and noticed no screen corruption. Turned on the PS3 and it worked perfectly at 1080p.

Loaded the drivers into Vista 64 and XP32 and rebooted again while watching the PS3 on HDMI. No screen flashing or re-syncing. So good so far.

Two reboots later I went into XP and started up Gears of War. Played a few minutes and then switched back to the PS3 on HDMI.

Worked perfectly. Played Burnout paradise at 720P, no screen flashes.

Tried this morning and everything still worked very well. No screen corruption on the Westy, no issues with PS3 on the BenQ.

This leads me to believe that the ATI cards and their driver is the problem. Somehow they do something to the monitor that causes it to have HDMI problems when I switch away, and causes screen corruption on the Westy. Now if I remove the HDMI switch from the Westy and connect directly with the ATI cards, no issues. If I move the Westy through the HDMI switch to port 1 on the ATI cards, no problem there, but the BenQ has issues switching to HDMI and I basically get NO display..

So it seems somehow, nVidia plays nice on the HDMI switch that I have physically connected to the Westy, and the HDMI port built into the BenQ.

Ultimately, I prefer a single card GTS to my 3870, or 3870x2 or even crossfired 3870s (I have a lot of video cards) because to me single is always better.

So right now I'm very happy. I always ending up having to go back to nVidia no matter how good ATI products seem at the time. I just don't understand how the ATI is so affected by an HDMI switch whereas the nVidia seems to have absolutely no issues. I plan to contact ATI now to see if they have any advice and search the knowledgebase.

FYI, if you have an FP241VW and an ATI card,and you want to also use the HDMI you may have issues. BTW I have the latest BIOS on the ATI cards.

Regards,

10e

wow... what happened to the days when monitors were passive and only displayed information and not affected by it? lol

Yeah,

Ultimately I'm kind of confused how a video card can affect a monitor so horribly. I can only remember a handful of times being so thoroughly confused (and I've been computing for work and play for 25 years) about an issue. The one thing I'm not sure of is if the HDMi switch connected between the cards and Westy monitor could possibly be causing issues?

I may try the 3870 video card in a different box and see if it's a motherboard thing.

Earlier I had the 8800GTS 640MB (older G80) on an Asus P5W DH hooked up to my 1080p LG 37LB5D and it worked well. I swapped it out to use an Asus P5B deluxe and when I reformatted and put everything together, my PC would blue screen quite often when I switched the TV to another HDMI input and then switched back to the PC. Same drivers, same card and everything else, just a different motherboard. After moving to my 3870 configuration, I didn't experience one iota of issues with the TV connected to the main PC.

Ultimately I now have a Gigabyte X38-DQ6 that I've been quite happy with, but I would consider going back to the super stable and reliable P5W DH and put the P5B in my HTPC that I'm building.

Hi

I have question about monitor versions (i know, that I may ask benq, but received any reply from benq eu looks like mission impossible:) ). I've buyed my monitor yesterday and it is version manufactured in June 2007. But I have there overscan (even if I still dont useit it is in advanced option in menu) and 1:1 option in menu. So my questions are

- what changes happens in versions sep2007 dec2007? Only software(firmware) changes or some hardware changes too? Or are these changes only in fp241w monitor, not in fp241vw?

I want to know what type of panel I have, because I know, that it must be some MVA panel, but I dont know which one - M240UW01 V2 or M240UW01 V4? Or something different?
On fp241w forum I read, that after you stick some buttons, there is special service menu, where are more accurate informations about monitor type - is something like that in fp241vw too?

Thanks for answers.

Pavel

I'm not sure if there are updated panels. I think it's still the V2 for the FP241W for any build date of January 2007 or later.

The FP241W in EMEA latest build date was June 2007

For North America it was September 2007 (last time I checked)

For VW it's December 2007 in North America. Not sure about EMEA.

All the latest build dates for all versions fixed things in software > 1) Improper sizing of Xbox 360 over VGA @ 1920x1080 2) Overscan of 5% on component and HDMI 3) Added overscan control

Hope that helps,

10e

I just got mine in from Newegg and even though it's hooked up via VGA to my old computer with a Ti4600 card (new one being built with 8800GTXs) it looks amazing. It takes some tweaking and you can really see the limitations of VGA but I'm impressed.

My Sharp 32" LCD TV is getting jealous... :cool:

For the hell of it, I removed the stand from the FP241VW.

Someone had asked about it, and I was curious myself, so I "did the deed".

It wasn't too hard at all. I mounted the monitor on an Ergotron LX desk mount to allow me some breathing room underneath for my Energy RC-Mini Centre Channel.

I took all the buttons mounted in the left side out and just kludged them onto the left side of the casing with some 3m doublesided tape. Doesn't look GREAT but it does the job. I did the same with the USB ports.

I'm planning on putting the stand back on, but I wanted to see how much weight it would lose, as the LX's weight limit is 18lbs and the monitor with stand is 22. Without the stand it's lost at LEAST 5 pounds, as there are some weights in it.

All in all, took me about half an hour.

I hope to provide some photos soon.

Regards,

10e

Photos would be great!

I'm really interested in this monitor but I'm not a huge fan of its bulky stand. How hard was the button extraction, they look like they are pretty integrated into the stand?

Thanks

Hey 10e I'm having exactly the same problem as you with switching between the DVI and HDMI inputs. I'm using a 3870 of course. I haven't found any solution other than to run the XMB @ 1080i. For now I'm just going to disconnect my monitor when I want to play PS3 but obviously that is far from ideal. Anyways I've got one of the old panels without the over scan option.. is there any way I can flash my firmware? Or am I out of luck?

EDIT: I'm just going to go on a little rant here but why does every 24" LCD on the planet suffer from serious issues? I really fail to understand it. You would think there would be at least a few competent engineers around designing these things.

OK So i just called BenQ and operantly they are not even aware of the over scan issue, or are just not informing their staff of it as they are unwilling to update the firmware on North American FP241VWs. Truly pathetic. So the question remains does anybody here know how to update the firmware on these monitors? Or am I stuck with a version that has the over scan issue?

Hey Funduck,

Try the following:

1) Connect the FP241VW to Port ONE of the video card. This is the port FURTHEST away from the motherboard, nearest to the slot cover screw.
2) Go into Catalyst control panel and DEselect "Alternate DVI operational mode" and "Reduced DVI Frequency for High resolution displays"
3) Make sure you are not in any 3d games
4) Switch to HDMI and turn on the PS3 and switch the resolution to 1080p

If it doesn't work you can stop it by hitting the O button on the controller, or wait 30 seconds and it will revert.

One caveat: It will work most of the time. Sometimes it won't. Never switch to the PS3 while a 3d game is on, because magically those two Catalyst settings I changed for DVI operational mode seem to not work when 3d is showing up.

Your other option is to use an HDMI switch to the DVI port. Funny enough this yields much nicer results with less banding than HDMI on FP241VWs and FP241Ws. Keep in mind I have the overscan firmware and the problem persists. It is likely due to BenQ cheaping out and using a "hub" for digital connections as opposed to a proper switch and ATI has issues with it. nVidia does not whatsoever.

I'm going to try and see if I can possibly "extract" the newer firmware, but I highly doubt it.

Hope that helps.

10e

:D Looks much better hooked up via DVI

This is the most impressive monitor I've ever seen. Period.

Thanks for the suggestion but if it doesn't work all the time it's not really an ideal solution. For the time being I've just connected my my PS3 to my DVI port using a HDMI to DVI adapter and I'm running my computer through D-Sub... it's working well enough although I do notice the degraded image quality on D-Sub which is a little annoying. Obviously there are no overscan problems on DVI so overall it's worth it. I'm still very very annoyed that HDMI is basically unusable due to the 5% over scan though. I cannot believe that BenQ would release the monitor with such an obvious defect.

Back