Oculus Rift Owners Thread

^^^^ So why whine about it like a little bitch here? Are you looking for sympathy? What’s the fucking point of your post? You’ve just now come to an epiphany that tech support Is slow and wanted to share it with us?! :rolleyes:
This is a public forum for the Oculus Rift owners, you ignorant dolt. I was simply following up with my issue and stating that their customer support was slow as hell. I guess that was too hard for you to comprehend.

He should of just told us what the problem was to see if we could help..

There's also a Oculus forum where he can ask for help as well.
See post 147 here and I said I already posted on their forums about this silly issue. All I can do now is wait for their customer support to get back to me and hopefully just send out a cable.

Well some good news out of the blue as one of the Oculus staff members went ahead and put 20 bucks in my paypal account to get the extension cable. I just went ahead and canceled my support ticket and ordered the cable and it should be here Thursday or Friday.

Well some good news out of the blue as one of the Oculus staff members went ahead and put 20 bucks in my paypal account to get the extension cable. I just went ahead and canceled my support ticket and ordered the cable and it should be here Thursday or Friday.

That's unheard of!! Haha like a secret santa!

Well to be honest it made me feel a little bit uncomfortable but I figured if I refused the money then it would make the situation even more awkward.

True.. though st the same time they either need to state on the box or product info that you need to buy a usb extension cable or re due there packaging to include one so other stores that carry it have one just like from there own site.

Just purchased a Rift and 3rd sensor. Only other experience in VR was the PSVR, and it is what made me want to get the Rift. I am stoked, can't wait. Will be in my email multiple times the next couple of days awaiting for shipping information!

Also purchased The Climb, I Expect You to Die, and Chronos on sale from the Oculus Site. Man what a backwards way of ordering...can't place into a cart and order all at once, it runs the credit card individually per purchase.

My room looks a bit silly with the 3 sensor setup for the Oculus and TBH I wish I had gotten the Samsung Odyssey now. Not only does it have a better resolution, it can do basically anything the Oculus can do from my understanding and without the need for a ridiculous sensor setup.

My room looks a bit silly with the 3 sensor setup for the Oculus and TBH I wish I had gotten the Samsung Odyssey now. Not only does it have a better resolution, it can do basically anything the Oculus can do from my understanding and without the need for a ridiculous sensor setup.

Vega, a guy on this forum, has compared both and wrote a review in the Odyssey thread. In the end He returned the Odyssey.

The windows HMDs are nice for what they are but the oculus still works much better for tracking. I spent some time with the windows ones and they did ok but I notice jitter and the lack of tracking behind or far beside you if your not looking forward.

Some games this makes no difference and other games it makes all the difference.

If you are that bothered with how you installed your sensors and find them "ridiculous", then sell your Rift and go buy an Odyssey. Like you say, "it can do basically anything the Oculus can do" (Except emulate the Touch controllers... or effectively track the hand controllers when they aren't visible to the headset's cameras, i.e. when either close to or being blocked by your body) There's also the profound joy to be had of using the Microsoft software store, making use of the somewhat limited Steam VR game support, and the poor emulation/finger tracking when running it with an Oculus software title like Echo Arena via Revive.

How does it look silly? I've never thought my setup looked silly.

How does it look silly? I've never thought my setup looked silly.
If you think having three sensors sticking up several feet in the air is normal then I guess it doesn't look silly. Considering only one person I know even games at all then people do question what the hell is going on with those things when they come in my room.

If you think having three sensors sticking up several feet in the air is normal then I guess it doesn't look silly. Considering only one person I know even games at all then people do question what the hell is going on with those things when they come in my room.

But this is the same as putting up speakers. With a little bit of care they can be put up very neatly and be nearly invisible. All I can say is you must have done a poor job of mounting them and that's why they are so noticeable. I don't care about the looks in my man cave so people always notice the sensors straight away. But, I put a VR setup in for my brother in his siting room and you can barely see the sensors. Even his Wife didn't notice until We pointed them out to her.

The other option is to take down the sensors when you aren't using them. This is easy if you don't have them mounted and only takes a couple of seconds. As long as you put them back in roughly the same position the tracking will still be fine.

How could someone be blind enough not to notice 3 goofy looking sensors and all the cables? This is my bedroom too so that's why it bothers me more. I may just make this room a man cave only as we do have a spare bedroom I can use...

How could someone be blind enough not to notice 3 goofy looking sensors and all the cables? This is my bedroom too so that's why it bothers me more. I may just make this room a man cave only as we do have a spare bedroom I can use...

You know there are ways to hide cables right? If you mount the sensors on other mounts, not the tall stands that they come on from Oculus, you can make them look neat and tidy. If you check the Oculus forums and the Oculus Reddit, people have put up photos of their setups which are pretty neat.

If you believe this is true then you clearly never have used the Odyssey headset. The Rift/Vive are leaps and bounds better in every aspect.

hey everyone, new rift owner here... thought i'd join this thread ;)

how many of you wear glasses with the rift? mine "fit" fine but i'm pretty paranoid about scratching the rift's lenses after reading a few things online about it.. hadn't really considered it before buying as i'd tried several HMD's on at various places and watched lots of videos without anyone ever bringing it up.

should I be worried? I have pretty "small" (frameless) glasses that fit inside easily and don't press against my face, though they do slide around a bit. thinking I should just go get them adjusted to make sure they don't do that as much.

tried looking for lens protectors or even the prescription lens clip-ins but both options are quite expensive for Canadians it seems..

how many of you wear glasses with the rift? mine "fit" fine but i'm pretty paranoid about scratching the rift's lenses after reading a few things online about it.. hadn't really considered it before buying as i'd tried several HMD's on at various places and watched lots of videos without anyone ever bringing it up.

should I be worried? I have pretty "small" (frameless) glasses that fit inside easily and don't press against my face, though they do slide around a bit. thinking I should just go get them adjusted to make sure they don't do that as much.

tried looking for lens protectors or even the prescription lens clip-ins but both options are quite expensive for Canadians it seems..

My sister's father in law tried my Rift while wearing glasses and they did scratch the Rift's lenses a little bit. Normally I have a "no glasses" policy with the headset but he did this while I wasn't in the room. Luckily the scratches are very light and aren't visible while wearing the headset.

I don't wear glasses so I can't speak from experience, but I believe you can 3D print lens clips cheaply from thingaverse, and get the lenses themselves from a $20 pair of glasses from zennioptical.com.

If the glasses are small frameless one then I don't think you will have any trouble. I wear mine and haven't scratched the lens yet. But I am careful putting the headset on. The simple advice, put the headset on front to back, like you were putting on a gas mask rather than back to front like a baseball cap. If that makes sense.

Did you try this site also?

https://widmovr.com/

The other option is to take down the sensors when you aren't using them. This is easy if you don't have them mounted and only takes a couple of seconds. As long as you put them back in roughly the same position the tracking will still be fine.

Nope, i bumped a sensor and returned it to 99.9% the same position, it COMPLETELY screwed with the guardian system, but the tracking was ok. I have to re-do the boundaries.

Nope, i bumped a sensor and returned it to 99.9% the same position, it COMPLETELY screwed with the guardian system, but the tracking was ok. I have to re-do the boundaries.

Something else wrong there then. When I had my Rift in my living room, I took down the sensors every time I was finished and put them up when I needed them. Never had to redo the tracking or the boundary system. It only messes up if you start the Rift without the sensors back in place.

The only thing I can think of is that I leave my computer on constantly. Sometimes Oculus home launches when you start the computer.

Look into picking up some watch face protectors. I don't wear glasses, but I've seen them recommended. Down here we can grab a three pack off Amazon for less than $20.

yeah been considering it, problem is the one everyone links to on amazon.com : https://www.amazon.com/Healingshield-Watch-Protector-Guard-1-97in/dp/B00SJ22D5Q?th=1
is $62 on amazon.ca : https://www.amazon.ca/Healingshield...ords=Healingshield+Watch+Face+Protector+Guard

in which case i'm nearly half way to buying the presciription lenses.. there are some cheaper alternative watch face covers on .ca but none of them have reviews from people buying them for the Rift.. hmm

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If the glasses are small frameless one then I don't think you will have any trouble. I wear mine and haven't scratched the lens yet. But I am careful putting the headset on. The simple advice, put the headset on front to back, like you were putting on a gas mask rather than back to front like a baseball cap. If that makes sense.

thanks, yeah that's how I put them on. it doesn't pull my glasses off or anything...

Had a member here 3D print these for me. I wanted something white and minimal. If you're looking for something small these are great.

IMG_20180109_092630.jpg
IMG_20180108_131826.jpg

So is the Healingshield Watch Protector currently the only lens protector available to us? if so what size did everyone get and would they recommend going to a larger/smaller size? thinking about purchasing these, but want to make sure I get the right size.

So is the Healingshield Watch Protector currently the only lens protector available to us? if so what size did everyone get and would they recommend going to a larger/smaller size? thinking about purchasing these, but want to make sure I get the right size.

UMM, wrong thread?

UMM, wrong thread?

I think this was based on the discussion about using it with glasses (and protecting the lenses in the Oculus). I'm curious as well even though I no longer wear glasses, would be good for friends of mine that do wear them to protect the Rift lenses.

I think this was based on the discussion about using it with glasses (and protecting the lenses in the Oculus). I'm curious as well even though I no longer wear glasses, would be good for friends of mine that do wear them to protect the Rift lenses.

But isn't that link for watches?

LOL I think so. Those 3D printed mounts look really neat and tidy. I like them. Have you rear sensors? Your setup looks great.

Thanks. Yeah I like it also and I like the fact the mounts are almost invisible. At his time no rear sensor, I havent felt the need yet.

Back