- Joined
- Sep 7, 2004
- Messages
- 4,961
To me the Titan V is a big purchase at $3k. I'm mainly skeptical due to the lack of extensive testing on it. From what I understand its good at mining ethereum, but how is it at say nist5 and the other algorithms on nicehash?
My one 1080 Ti is averaging about $10 a day here. My two Star Wars Titan Xp's come in on Wednesday. I hope to be able to average $30 a day. Should have them paid off in 2.5 months if not less. At that point I would need to decide if I am content with my 3 cards or if I want to setup a dedicated mining rig. Mainly because at that point I am maxed out on my personal rig as far as card support and power supply limitations. To me if I can hit $900 a month - I will be satisfied. It's a nice little bit of side money that I put next to no effort in and it basically will pay my rent on my apartment for me.
I guess my fear is if I go crazy and go all in on say a 10 card rig and the market crashes. Now I am sitting on 10 cards and in the hole for a whole bunch of cash. 3 GPU's is definitely more manageable and less headache should the whole thing come crashing down on us.
My one 1080 Ti is averaging about $10 a day here. My two Star Wars Titan Xp's come in on Wednesday. I hope to be able to average $30 a day. Should have them paid off in 2.5 months if not less. At that point I would need to decide if I am content with my 3 cards or if I want to setup a dedicated mining rig. Mainly because at that point I am maxed out on my personal rig as far as card support and power supply limitations. To me if I can hit $900 a month - I will be satisfied. It's a nice little bit of side money that I put next to no effort in and it basically will pay my rent on my apartment for me.
I guess my fear is if I go crazy and go all in on say a 10 card rig and the market crashes. Now I am sitting on 10 cards and in the hole for a whole bunch of cash. 3 GPU's is definitely more manageable and less headache should the whole thing come crashing down on us.