• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newegg 5870 Listing

I'll wait for XFX if I decide to get one.. rather pay a bit extra for lifetime warranty.
 
looks like it just got sold out

I clicked on the link 1 min ago and it was, refreshed the page and it isn't sold out anymore. Something tells me there is something fishy going on in their system right now.
 
I clicked on the link 1 min ago and it was, refreshed the page and it isn't sold out anymore. Something tells me there is something fishy going on in their system right now.

They probably have a 3 or 2 charactor limit on their inventory ammount, so if they screw up prices (like Dell did), then they won't get totally hosed.
 
I don't really want to spend $400 for a video card...I guess I'll wait and see what the 5850 looks like. Otherwise, the 4890 can be had for under $150.

...or I can keep the venerable 8800GTX for a little longer.
 
I love the black PCB.

I just bought a 4890 not to long ago, so no upgrades for me right now. :(
 
If you search via the GPU type it shows 5 cards each for the 5870 & 5850. XFX being one of them. I'm get the redirect too.
 
Tried to grab the XFX one off Zipzoomfly, but my internet crapped out (figures :rolleyes: ). Just grabbed an ASUS 5870 though, so I'm a happy fellow :).
 
I'm going to hold out till the 2GB is in stock and maybe if [H] or another site benches it.

Hopefully Brent or Kyle adds GTA 4 to that benchmark since it is one of the few games that will actually use more than 1GB of video memory.
 
For some reason i'm contemplating spending an extra 90 dollars and getting a 295. Ugh.. I hate having money
 
I am sure if you wait just a few weeks, the prices will slowly creep lower on the gtx 295, I have the same problem with the upgrade bug. new cards are always one of the best upgrades.. I am doing my best to hold out.
 
I don't know what's the fuss.

Not many DX11 games yet.

Price/performance sucks. You get about the same performance with any SLI/Crossfire setup, especially cheap ($200~) for 2 used 4870s.

But yes, it's a nice card, but I don't see why people are so eager to pay the inflated price.

I say wait till Q1 2010 or at least until the next gen Nvidia cards come out and see what they have to offer, even if they're total trash the ATI ones should be more reasonably priced by Xmas.
 
No, it means that their for sale inventory was very low at time of launch.

#1 there's that exclusive supplier thing (lame), #2 probably very popular, #3.. well #1 covers it - low[er] supplies. Better than some other launches, like the 4770 that disappeared immediately and never back. 5850 is completely gone too.

ZZF still has a HIS card; shady HIS basterds deserve it.

But yes, it's a nice card, but I don't see why people are so eager to pay the inflated price.

Hype, also a marketing strategy. If $399 is inflated, all of NV's launches (for the high end) must be um, hyper-inflated.
 
no it's gone now too although I would never buy his either. I am interested in seeing how it handles fsx and had thought about picking one up to play around with but since they are obviously soft launched then so much for that idea. These things are gone everywhere. TD doesn't even have a listing nor does frys or microcenter. EPIC soft launch'd.
 
No, it means that their for sale inventory was very low at time of launch.

lol u're kidding right I guess by your standards, the Wii was a paper launch then, right?

Paper launch = very few cards for an extended period of time, not lack of cards due to demand...........
 
lol u're kidding right I guess by your standards, the Wii was a paper launch then, right?

Paper launch = very few cards for an extended period of time, not lack of cards due to demand...........

"A release of a product, especially a computer component, in extremely limited quantities, making it very difficult for consumers to get their hands on. "

So... he's right as well. You're not the only dictionary around.
 
lol u're kidding right I guess by your standards, the Wii was a paper launch then, right?

Paper launch = very few cards for an extended period of time, not lack of cards due to demand...........

Seriously wtf are we debating this. It's a soft launch and it is NOT due to demand unless Dell or some other vendor bought up 90% of the stock leaving the scraps for the masses which I find highly unlikely. End of discussion. I'm not here to start a flame war over this. It is what it is.
 
I don't know what's the fuss.

Not many DX11 games yet.

Price/performance sucks. You get about the same performance with any SLI/Crossfire setup, especially cheap ($200~) for 2 used 4870s.

But yes, it's a nice card, but I don't see why people are so eager to pay the inflated price.

I say wait till Q1 2010 or at least until the next gen Nvidia cards come out and see what they have to offer, even if they're total trash the ATI ones should be more reasonably priced by Xmas.


Price/performance? 5870 uses a faction of power of 4870/4890 CF at the same price point. Question is who, you will pay your money too. Your local power company or AMD?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top