• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newegg 5870 Listing

Nice looking card...now let's see what the price comes in at.

Opening day $449 anyone :rolleyes:?
 
That sticker girl has snakes on her head!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Can't wait to see a professional review.;)

Good luck to everyone who wants one tomorrow.
 
That sticker girl has snakes on her head!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Can't wait to see a professional review.;)

Good luck to everyone who wants one tomorrow.

I'm staying up tonight with popcorn, hitting F5 on that page until it pops up as active.
 
a search for the 5870 now ends up in:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:
 
umm, just purchased one. anyone else get one?

ordere.png
 
Last edited:
damn. dunno whether to jump on it or wait for the other brands to come out towards midnight/@ midnight
 
The product is active and able to be added to my cart when I follow that link... :confused:

Same; specs listed look correct too.

GPU Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT)
Core Clock 850MHz
Stream Processors 1600 Stream Processing Units
Memory
Memory Clock 1200MHz (4.8Gbps)
Memory Size 1GB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR5
3D API
DirectX DirectX 11
 
How are Sapphire drivers? Never owned an ATI before, but assume that xfx, or asus is more well known than Sapphire.....or all these cards using generic ATI drivers?
 
How are Sapphire drivers? Never owned an ATI before, but assume that xfx, or asus is more well known than Sapphire.....or all these cards using generic ATI drivers?


all the cards use the same catalyst drivers. no idea what you are talking about.
 
all the cards use the same catalyst drivers. no idea what you are talking about.

What I'm talking about is that w/ Nvidia, you can use either "Nvidia's" graphics driver OR the
"manufacturers" driver. I don't know if the ATI "world" is the same.

Are there "Sapphire" drivers AND "ATI" drivers?

M
 
I just have this bad feeling that the XFX version wouldn't be out for a while yet. That the only ones we will see tomorrow or later tonight will be the sapphire or the HIS or Asus
 
What I'm talking about is that w/ Nvidia, you can use either "Nvidia's" graphics driver OR the
"manufacturers" driver. I don't know if the ATI "world" is the same.

Are there "Sapphire" drivers AND "ATI" drivers?

M

No. One unified driver, just like Nvidia. Some manufacturers have special features that others don't, but the drivers are the same.
 
How are Sapphire drivers? Never owned an ATI before, but assume that xfx, or asus is more well known than Sapphire.....or all these cards using generic ATI drivers?

I have only ever heard good things about Sapphire, most notably their Toxic and Vapor-X cards. If I recall correctly, ATI has named them their top partner.
 
I have only ever heard good things about Sapphire, most notably their Toxic and Vapor-X cards. If I recall correctly, ATI has named them their top partner.

2 year warranty though..? VS, say 3 (asus) and xfx (lifetime), etc.
 
Sapphire Warranty info :

Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.
 
Back
Top