• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat (2011)


That review was more thorough than the IGN version.

~~~~~~~ It is here....

package.jpg


SubZeroBookendT2i.jpg


ScorpionBookendT2i.jpg


bookends.jpg


goodies.jpg


kollectorsedition.jpg


kollectorsguide.jpg


scorpionback.jpg


scorpionfront.jpg
 
Last edited:
Going to pick up my copy... sucks though that my fiance crushes me in this game... lol
 
How do we get our Classic Reptile unlock? I haven't seen any codes or anything included with my order.
 
I called Amazon customer service and they resent the Reptile Skin unlock code E-Mail. So all is well now. :cool:

That Scorpion figure is horrid. His face looks badly painted. Maybe it's just the angle of the shot.

I think it is the angle of the shot. Mine doesn't look bad at al.
 
I hate you all........why the hell are games released on a Friday for us


:D

I just started the story mode, and sadly I have the flu coming on I think and tons of work to do. I won't be playing it very much.
 
I'm keeping my eye on this, is anybody using the arcade stick? Can I get some feedback on that? I'm kind of interested in this.
 
I have to freaking wait since I decided to get from best buy, and even though I got the shipping email sat, I wont have until next Tuesday. grrrr
 
I just watched the gt link from page 18 and caught something I didn't think was in the game. they brought back babality?
 
I'm keeping my eye on this, is anybody using the arcade stick? Can I get some feedback on that? I'm kind of interested in this.

I'm using an arcade stick, fighters shouldn't be played with controllers. I replaced the face plate of one of the (now 6) TE sticks I have with an MK style one.

There isn't much to say though. The "official" stick uses HAPP parts, which are the exact same parts that were used in an American cab, no difference. I've got MAS sticks that use HAPP parts, HAPP is fine.
 
Got the game today, it's a blast to play single player but HOLY FUCK online is so terribly laggy, I mean of all the recent fighting games that have came out with SF4/MVC3, etc this one is by far the most laggy one I've played.

Literally online it's like 3 seconds normal ,then pause a second or two, over and over and over, so laggy and keeps you from being precise at all.

i hope it' sjust release day problems and they iron it out, if this is the online and how it's going to be, I feel jipped, because I bought the game mainly for online play.
 
Man, I've been playing this for the last 5 hours or so and I can say this is what MK4 should've been...lol. Story mode is way fun and Challenge Tower is gonna take some time as well ;p
 
I'm keeping my eye on this, is anybody using the arcade stick? Can I get some feedback on that? I'm kind of interested in this.

IMO, unless your a huge MK fan, I think you'd be better suited with a MadCatz TE. More universal button layout. The MK stick, while great for MK isnt really ideal for anything else lol. But then again, if you want the most authentic MK feel it's a damn good option. I remember reading somewhere that the HAPP parts were not the top end HAPP stuff..SRK forums would be a good place to start.
 
I'm keeping my eye on this, is anybody using the arcade stick? Can I get some feedback on that? I'm kind of interested in this.

I did couldn't resist. After SF4's tournament stick I started collecting a few.

I first opened the box and was amazed. It's heavy Shipping label says 17 pounds total weight. The cushion underneath doesnt sit well in my lap. The edges of the base fit relatively comfortably on my thighs. After about 2 hours of playing I had to move it to the coffee table as it was digging badly into my legs.

Happ stick VS Sanwa: Sanwa is tighter with shorter throws. After a few rounds I adjusted and it was no issue. A few times though I did notice the A button wasn't registering all the time. After an hour of play I couldn't get it to happen again. Maybe just needed to be worked out a little?

The actual case it's self is beautiful. The wife thought I paid a few hundred for the stick alone. The lay out of the buttons is decent takes some adjustment from SF's layout. Looking at the lid with the actual controls. I see myself making a new top with the SF style button lay out. I really REALLY do not like the RT and LT buttons up at the top mid. Throws were rare for me as you have to move your hand a full 4-5 inches to hit the buttons.

All in all I don't regret it and will continue to play with it. If you have relatively normal sized legs you it should fit you comfortably. The weight though is what kills it for long sessions. Otherwise it's a great controller.
 
IMO, unless your a huge MK fan, I think you'd be better suited with a MadCatz TE. More universal button layout. The MK stick, while great for MK isnt really ideal for anything else lol. But then again, if you want the most authentic MK feel it's a damn good option. I remember reading somewhere that the HAPP parts were not the top end HAPP stuff..SRK forums would be a good place to start.

Pretty much looking at Akibara's site now picking out upgrade parts lol. I really love mine but the button lay out may have to go. Kills the versatility. I really want this to be my primary stick....Maybe in a month or 2 I'll find the time to redo the lid. Have to let the wife relax after my recent spending binge.
 
This game seems to work well with default layout on the TE stick so far. Has anyone tweaked their layout an made an improvement? This is on the 360 mind you.
 
I cant believe I'd ever be saying this, but...MK is fucking awesome. I have been playing the single player story mode for the past 5 hours and I'm not even done...Havent even tried tower mode or online yet. This game has set a new bar for fighters as far as story mode. It's not like an incredible story or anything, but just length alone is amazing. If anyone is on the fence I say try it, I was a stalwart hater all the way up until today.
 
I cant believe I'd ever be saying this, but...MK is fucking awesome. I have been playing the single player story mode for the past 5 hours and I'm not even done...Havent even tried tower mode or online yet. This game has set a new bar for fighters as far as story mode. It's not like an incredible story or anything, but just length alone is amazing. If anyone is on the fence I say try it, I was a stalwart hater all the way up until today.

LOL. I'm there with you, I 'm on Chapter 16 and I've been playing for hours and hours...it's really neat. And since we're on it, I'll be the first to say that MK DOES have great background character stories - more than any fighter, more than most games - it's quite woven and enjoyable. Now it's time for some sleep until the next day of ass kickin'!
 
i only got to play for an 1 hour and 30mins last night but Good god the game is fun, feels tight and crisp. The Tournament edition stick is so boss, im glad i got it .. high quality, feels right and goes well with the game.. IM DIGGING IT!!!
 
This game seems to work well with default layout on the TE stick so far. Has anyone tweaked their layout an made an improvement? This is on the 360 mind you.

No real need to tweak, it's just the original MK layout works better, namely since the game was designed around that.

Anyways, current tier listing.....

TOP TIER:

Shang Tsung (165/158)
Raiden (161/154)
Kung Lao (159/152)
Nightwolf (158.5/151.5)
Johnny Cage (155/147)
Ermac (154/148)
Smoke (153/147)

MID TIER:

Kabal (145/138)
Liu Kang (142/136)
Kano (140.5/134.5)
Kitana (139/133)
Mileena (136.5/130.5)
Reptile (136/130)
Sindel (136/130)
Scorpion (135.5/129.5)
Sonya (134/128)
Stryker (133.5/127.5)
Sub-Zero (133.5/127.5)

LOW TIER:

Jax (131/125)
Jade (130.5/124.5)
Cyrax (125.5/120.5)
Noob (124.5/119.5)
Sektor (123/117.5)

SHIT TIER:

Baraka (112/106.5)
Kratos (107/---)
Sheeva (105/100)
Quan Chi (103.5/98.5)
Cyber-Sub Zero (101/96)


Only thing remotely shocking going off MKs history is the placement of Noob Saibot and Shang Sung, everybody else makes sense. Also it's official now, Kratos is tournament banned.
 

I've always found pads made by other companies besides the OEM's to be generally inferior in terms of quality and longevity. Beyond that they tend to have gimmicky features. If I weren't going to use the standard XBOX 360 controller on this game I'd go for some kind of arcade / fighting stick. There is no reason to use anything else in my opinion. And I can say with certainty that the XBOX 360 controller works surprisingly well for this version of Mortal Kombat. I haven't really had any major difficulty pulling off any of the moves.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's the only thing I'm worried about, pulling off the moves. With that controllers d-pad, I thought maybe it would be easier. I might just save up for an arcade stick then if I have problems with the original controller.
 
That's the only thing I'm worried about, pulling off the moves. With that controllers d-pad, I thought maybe it would be easier. I might just save up for an arcade stick then if I have problems with the original controller.

I'm actually finding it much easier to use than I thought I would. For instance, Sub-Zero's freeze is done using the same controller movements that Ryu's fireball is. I have trouble consistently throwing fireballs sometimes in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. I have absolutely no trouble pulling off the freeze with Sub-Zero in this MK game.
 
Back
Top