Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

So it's my fault they bump the price in my region by almost 40%?
No it's your fault you live in the wrong region, you big baby. Move somewhere better.

The good news is you can play on XGP for $1.00

Last edited:
I've just checked and it's €70 !!!! for the standard edition here. I knew MS will manage to screw the pooch somehow. But they are not screwing me: Skip.

Its on CDkeys so you can always check another place to see if they have it cheaper. I don't think you'll like this anyways, this is a proper flight simulator.

Will the premium edition grow with more premium content over time or are all editions getting the same content updates?

sadly that's not how most sims work and fs20 will likely follow FSX and XP11's business model where everything is either added as DLC pay or freeware by the game dev's and/or by 3rd party developers(but more than likely most of it will come from 3rd party devs). the packages just allow you to get the extra content at a slightly reduced price vs buying them all separately later on.

Good question. I know they're adding helicopters at some point - will the $120 edition get more helicopters than the $60 base edition? Because if premium comes with Airwolf for example then I'm going to need Airwolf - with a fully modeled, drunken Jan Michael Vincent!

Or maybe all the significant DLCs will be paid DLC no matter which version you have.

if they get added as freeware they'll probably be available to everyone but i'd bet we see helo's from 3rd party devs first since some of them can probably just port over what they already have on xp11.

ill just say remeber the uproar over the Watch dogs trailer and what the game was when it was released....

also dont waste your money if your going to get get the base sim and save your money for a good add on aircraft the stock aircraft are pants

sadly that's not how most sims work and fs20 will likely follow FSX and XP11's business model where everything is either added as DLC pay or freeware by the game dev's and/or by 3rd party developers(but more than likely most of it will come from 3rd party devs). the packages just allow you to get the extra content at a slightly reduced price vs buying them all separately later on.

if they get added as freeware they'll probably be available to everyone but i'd bet we see helo's from 3rd party devs first since some of them can probably just port over what they already have on xp11.
porting even free aircraft from XP11 to MSFS is non-trivial ... the data ref and animation rigging totally different as is the flight model. MSFS uses FSX with some sprinkles which is look uptable based and hard to get right with out having real world data. you can kinda sorta guess stuff put in some hard numbers form the POH but that only gets you close.
XP has lot more and better built in systems stuff that lot of the free stuff leans on thats just not there in MSFS.
I help with few XP11 devs. so take that what you will.

ill just say remeber the uproar over the Watch dogs trailer and what the game was when it was released....
Youtube is full of 4K videos of the current beta as it's being flown today, and they all look pretty good to me - what do you believe will be so drastically different?

No it's your fault you live in the wrong region, you big baby. Move somewhere better.

The good news is you can play on XGP for $1.00
That's assuming there is a "right" region to live in. I'm in the wrong for calling out their BS pricing. This is beyond ridiculous.

Youtube is full of 4K videos of the current beta as it's being flown today, and they all look pretty good to me - what do you believe will be so drastically different?
things dont match what you see in the trailers as far as water masking goes for one. almost none of the youtube videos show the less nice areas other then the ones show how bad the UK is. there are MAJOR mesh issues as well still. areas where ortho spotty and then there areas that have no othro at all.

just be ready to know not every where looks like the trailers and for the most part videos out have stayed away from the really bad parts

the fact they have held the NDA on testers and selectively lifted it REALLY rubs me the wrong way... and its because they are in damange control mode in the tester forums right now. they are only NOW starting to acknowledge things we have been reporting for months. the beta was orginally planed for October some one at MS said ship it now for what ever reason. its not all bad it does some stuff great Weather, night lighting, flight planing map are great. but then other stuff is just phoned in or 1/2 working

Last edited:
No you just hate literally everything.
O, RLY? Everything? You confuse valid criticism and being unbiased for hate. Can't help you with that. I was actually thinking I'm getting soft because I was way too positive about a few games / movies recently.

Its on CDkeys so you can always check another place to see if they have it cheaper. I don't think you'll like this anyways, this is a proper flight simulator.
All the hours I've spent with the series since FS98, or with Flight Unlimited, or later X-Plane, nobody told me they were proper simulators and I was not supposed to like them. /s

things dont match what you see in the trailers as far as water masking goes for one. just be ready to know not every where looks like the trailers and for the most part videos out have stayed away from the really bad parts

I see. I don't really remember the water in the trailers, but what I do know is I have enjoyed all the random flights people are posting in 4K during the beta. If it's at least that good I'll be thrilled. If you think there's a conspiracy among the testers not to post "bad parts" then I'm a little skeptical of the kind of coordination that would take - some of them are total idiots.

almost none of the youtube videos show the less nice areas other then the ones show how bad the UK is.

Well I'm afraid I have some bad news. Because you see Britain was kind of always that ugly. And it sickens me the way this is now coming to light, but it's just one of those things the world's learned to accept now as 66 million Brits wake up to a rising sun and a new day - all with Ringo's overbite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elios
like this
porting even free aircraft from XP11 to MSFS is non-trivial ... the data ref and animation rigging totally different as is the flight model. MSFS uses FSX with some sprinkles which is look uptable based and hard to get right with out having real world data. you can kinda sorta guess stuff put in some hard numbers form the POH but that only gets you close.
XP has lot more and better built in systems stuff that lot of the free stuff leans on thats just not there in MSFS.
I help with few XP11 devs. so take that what you will.

yeah i figured it wouldn't be too easy, i knew porting stuff from FSX to XP11 was a pain in the arse as well from what i've read. good to see people that work on xp11 content are here as well.

I see. I don't really remember the water in the trailers, but what I do know is I have enjoyed all the random flights people are posting in 4K during the beta. If it's at least that good I'll be thrilled. If you think there's a conspiracy among the testers not to post "bad parts" then I'm a little skeptical of the kind of coordination that would take - some of them are total idiots.

Well I'm afraid I have some bad news. Because you see Britain was kind of always that ugly. And it sickens me the way this is now coming to light, but it's just one of those things the world's learned to accept now as 66 million Brits wake up to a rising sun and a new day - all with Ringo's overbite.

not really a conspiracy once you know all those content creators are being paid for what they're showing but that was obvious to begin with since the NDA still stands for the beta and the rest of us peon's.

i'd recommend looking at some video's of the ORBX scenery mod for europe and then check out FS20, all i'm going to say and also glad that ORBX is going to do scenery stuff for FS20.

things dont match what you see in the trailers as far as water masking goes for one. almost none of the youtube videos show the less nice areas other then the ones show how bad the UK is. there are MAJOR mesh issues as well still. areas where ortho spotty and then there areas that have no othro at all.

just be ready to know not every where looks like the trailers and for the most part videos out have stayed away from the really bad parts

the fact they have held the NDA on testers and selectively lifted it REALLY rubs me the wrong way... and its because they are in damange control mode in the tester forums right now. they are only NOW starting to acknowledge things we have been reporting for months. the beta was originally planed for October some one at MS said ship it now for what ever reason. its not all bad it does some stuff great Weather, night lighting, flight planing map are great. but then other stuff is just phoned in or 1/2 working

yeah i gave up on the tester forum pretty quickly but most closed alpha's are like that sadly and why i stopped participating in them for the most part. but then my flight sim setup got taken over as a home office due to covid so that ended that anyways. the decision to all of a sudden release it in August is confusing as hell. are they that desperate to have something to show off on the new xbox?

Last edited:
like this
I'm just hoping that porting stuff from FSX will be easy, the flyer I support has everything he needs in that program all ready. EG: Virtavia and Simkits stuff.

I'm just hoping that porting stuff from FSX will be easy, the flyer I support has everything he needs in that program all ready. EG: Virtavia and Simkits stuff.
THAT your in luck most should just work out of the box with the sim in "Classic" mode and sim connect already works

yeah i figured it wouldn't be too easy, i knew porting stuff from FSX to XP11 was a pain in the arse as well from what i've read. good to see people that work on xp11 content are here as well.
not really a conspiracy once you know all those content creators are being paid for what they're showing but that was obvious to begin with since the NDA still stands for the beta and the rest of us peon's.
i'd recommend looking at some video's of the ORBX scenery mod for europe and then check out FS20, all i'm going to say and also glad that ORBX is going to do scenery stuff for FS20.
yeah i gave up on the tester forum pretty quickly but most closed alpha's are like that sadly and why i stopped participating in them for the most part. but then my flight sim setup got taken over as a home office due to covid so that ended that anyways. the decision to all of a sudden release it in August is confusing as hell. are they that desperate to have something to show off on the new xbox?

things should work out in 6 to 12 months. but yeah lack of feed back in the alpha forums was just bad. as for us XP11 dev yeah trust me every one is looking at this. there is a LOT of money to be made here if it doesnt crash and burn considering the coverage its getting. likely most of the XP11 devs will wait till dust settles and see what XP12 brings as well.

the fact they have held the NDA on testers and selectively lifted it REALLY rubs me the wrong way... and its because they are in damange control mode in the tester forums right now. they are only NOW starting to acknowledge things we have been reporting for months. the beta was orginally planed for October some one at MS said ship it now for what ever reason. its not all bad it does some stuff great Weather, night lighting, flight planing map are great. but then other stuff is just phoned in or 1/2 working

Could not agree with you more... the potential is huge but they have a long way to go IMHO.

Okay then but what about WILDLIFE? Please don't tell me the elephants are a lie, I cannot handle any more disappointment today.

Okay then but what about WILDLIFE? Please don't tell me the elephants are a lie, I cannot handle any more disappointment today.

Why did they spend so much time modeling elephants yet had a kid in kindergarten make the cars?

like this
Crazy thought, but what if they crowdsourced the addition of world detail? Imagine if they provided tools to model basic buildings. Or even allowed models from 3rd party modeling apps. Then millions of people from all over the world could model the buildings around their local neighborhoods, place them into position on the map, and submit them for addition into the game. Of course it would need to go through a review process to prevent penis buildings and other inappropriate things. But it could essentially become the wikipedia of modeling the entire world. And in time you'd have the most accurate digital representation of the world ever created.

I'm now wet & ready for FS2020:

IMG_2401.JPG

Yes I know, it's not the most accurate joystick ever and was plagued with problems which is why it was discontinued almost 10 years ago but:

-I owned this 10 years ago with no problems at all and only good experiences on my end
-I grew up in the 90's with a Microsoft Sidewinder Forced Feedback 2 joystick, I don't even consider joysticks without forced feedback really
-Forced feedback is more than a gimmick that just rumbles, the joystick actually fights against your hand during stalls and stuff, WW1 & WW2 flying games just aren't the same without it
-It's the only complete HOTAS system ever made with rudder pedals, 1 USB cord to your PC, 1 set of drivers, 1 device recognized in game, AKA plug & play
-Also doesn't look tacky and is appropriate for all types of aircraft, don't need RGB's or a bunch of realistic replica buttons & switches that are only practical to 1 airplane
-This item was plagued with a hardware flaw (R1 & R2 spikes on the throttle), which is fixable by opening up the throttle and getting rid of a screw that would tug a wire
-This item was plagued with a software/firmware flaw (reverse axis bug), which is fixable with newer firmware drivers and even user drivers in the past few years which has fixed it even more

can't beat that price...anyone on the fence should just play it on Game Pass PC...that's what I plan to do...I'm not usually a sim fan but I want to play this for the eye candy...same with those Forza racing games (which is also on Game Pass)
Games pass is only $1 for the first month. Is that different elsewhere too? Everyone seems to talk as if it's $1 forever. This is not the type of game you finish in 1 month.

I'm now wet & ready for FS2020:

View attachment 268273
-I grew up in the 90's with a Microsoft Sidewinder Forced Feedback 2 joystick, I don't even consider joysticks without forced feedback really
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback is the greatest joystick of all time in my opinion. That mechanical feel of reset to center axis is amazing. Current spring only will never do it for me.

Last edited:
Games pass is only $1 for the first month. Is that different elsewhere too? Everyone seems to talk as if it's $1 forever. This is not the type of game you finish in 1 month.

the price for me was $5.43 a month (after taxes)...but they seem to offer the $1 sale price often...I use it for a few months, unsubscribe, but then go back and re-subscribe for a month here and there based on the games offered...can't beat the price and convenience

Mate, I thought it was powered by nvidia deep learning AI with that colour scheme in the website😁

Yeah, I'd probably kill you too if delivery man brought a package and receipt inside said 1249 £😂😂😂
Well what else do you buy for your ultimate setup when you already have a 3990x and 2 quadro rtx 6000s?

can you run into other players in the game?...if I'm flying my Airbus A321 can I see or interact with other players in-game?

Back