Metro: Exodus

Where do things stand with this game now in terms of bugs and that sort of thing?

I highly doubt holdouts are gonna pay $60 for this. I sure as hell wouldn't if I was actually waiting for it this long.
Holdout here. I would love to see the ruckus if this or Borderlands 3 released on Steam for $60. Surely they won't, but they already pissed off people once, so what's one more time. I'd like to play Exodus, but I'm more interested in BL3. Only way I'll pay $50+ at this time is if it's some full-blown version (with all the extra DLC missions and stuff).

Holdout here. I would love to see the ruckus if this or Borderlands 3 released on Steam for $60. Surely they won't, but they already pissed off people once, so what's one more time. I'd like to play Exodus, but I'm more interested in BL3. Only way I'll pay $50+ at this time is if it's some full-blown version (with all the extra DLC missions and stuff).

Doubting it, all AAA games remain $60 a year later. Or most. Surely it will go on sale occasionally, but the standard price will be $60.

Its included on Xbox PC Game Pass that costs $5 a month with no commitment. buy one month. Play it, and any of over a 100 other titles, and cancel your subscription. Out just $5

IMO the game isn't very good. I played 4-6 hours in and uninstalled it because I still don’t like the Metro series for whatever reason. The game looks open world — but it’s definately on rails. Acting and dialogue is cheesy and feels hamfisted. Also RTX on the game adds basically nothing. Turn it on, or off, the game still looks great - too bad its just not very engaging.

Last edited:
Well with the Steam version backing up saved games should be a thing of the past. Still haven't finished Exodus.

Its included on Xbox PC Game Pass that costs $5 a month with no commitment. buy one month. Play it and any of over a $100 other titles and cancel your subscription.

IMO the game isn't very good. I played 4-6 hours in and uninstalled it because I still don’t like the Metro series foe whatever reason. The game looks open world but its on rails. Acting and dialogue is cheesy, feels hamfisted. Also RTX on the game adds basically nothing. Turn it on or off game still looks great.

I didn't play Last Light, yet... (nor Exodus since it's not even on Steam yet) Never got around to it, but I actually enjoyed 2033. I actually liked that it was more story driven than open. I often wished STALKER was a bit more focused, which is why I kinda lost interest in it. Sometimes I'm into open world games, but usually when I'm totally ignoring the included quests and just screwing around. (GTA and Elder Scrolls are good examples of this.) Or I like a good exploration game where the whole point is building and exploration. (No Man's Sky for example.) If it's an action shooter though, I like a bit of rails. Maybe with some added freedom, branching, etc. but something that tracks from beginning to end.

Its included on Xbox PC Game Pass that costs $5 a month with no commitment. buy one month. Play it and any of over a $100 other titles and cancel your subscription.

IMO the game isn't very good. I played 4-6 hours in and uninstalled it because I still don’t like the Metro series foe whatever reason. The game looks open world but its on rails. Acting and dialogue is cheesy, feels hamfisted. Also RTX on the game adds basically nothing. Turn it on or off game still looks great.

Honestly, while I disagree with you about the game. The xbox PC game pass is a good way to play the game.

The xbox game pass has gotten better (as in a wider audiences). Frostpunk, gears, metro exodus, outer worlds, FFXV, Halo, Plague Tale, etc.

Unfortunately for me, I like MS slightly less than even Epic, who I REALLY dislike. Steam and GOG for me. I'm also (obviously) a hold out for this game, and Borderlands 3, but while I would have easily payed $60+ on release day on Steam, I agree with others that I don't want to pay that much anymore. Then again, I'm holding out for them in a very casual way at this point. As in, I'm not chomping to get them anymore, and have had no trouble playing other games on the services that I prefer. So no big deal either way. If they don't have an introductory price on Steam, I'll wait for a reasonable sale. I'm not one of those "I'll wait for it to hit $5 clowns" but I'd buy BL3 at $40-45, and Metro for $30-35 based on my current level of interest after all this time. I'm also not too bothered about when this happens at this point. If anything, these Epic exclusivity deals have increased my sense of patience with games that I'd normally just plunk full price down on day one for. So, I guess, thanks Epic? You've made me a more patient, thoughtful buyer of "AAA" PC games. :p

I jumped on the Xbox Game Pass $1/3 mo promo and installed this the other night. Seems to run fine although I get the stupid "Applying changes" thing every time I start the game, luckily it goes pretty quick on my rig. I have it at 1440p maxed out (hairworks/PhysX on) obviously no RTX though and it feels like it's somewhere between 60-90fps.

Only played through the first intro part but it's fun so far. Writing/voice acting is bad but whatever. Graphics are good but not mind blowing IMO. I played around in the first STALKER game for a few hours but lost interest, haven't played any Metro games so it's all new to me.

I jumped on the Xbox Game Pass $1/3 mo promo and installed this the other night. Seems to run fine although I get the stupid "Applying changes" thing every time I start the game, luckily it goes pretty quick on my rig. I have it at 1440p maxed out (hairworks/PhysX on) obviously no RTX though and it feels like it's somewhere between 60-90fps.

Only played through the first intro part but it's fun so far. Writing/voice acting is bad but whatever. Graphics are good but not mind blowing IMO. I played around in the first STALKER game for a few hours but lost interest, haven't played any Metro games so it's all new to me.

I'm always more forgiving of voice acting quality when the game isn't made primarily US-English using high paid semi-Hollywood voice actors. :D It doesn't pull away from immersion as much (at least for me).

I'm always more forgiving of voice acting quality when the game isn't made primarily US-English using high paid semi-Hollywood voice actors. :D It doesn't pull away from immersion as much (at least for me).

I thought about playing with the sound off, but decided that's silly and just gave up instead.

I could not handle the Sloppy Slavic Shit.

Id rather hear voices in native language and read subtitles than that ham fisted accent they tried to apply to English language.

Id rather hear voices in native language and read subtitles than that ham fisted accent they tried to apply to English language.

That would be a step up. I'm all for subtitles. However, if it's a choice between bad US-English and pretty much anything else, I'll take the anything else in those cases. :D

Looks like it launches at $40, and is $24 for the base game this weekend. Not a bad deal.

Didn't find the voice acting bad at all and would much rather have spoken English than having to read subtitles.

What exactly is the precedent ? That haters will buy the game once it hits steam? So that game companies have learned that they can collect 88% the first year and then 70% the second year? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Ha! $23.

I hope this sets an important precedent for “Epic Exclusives” hitting Steam a year later. I’m not normally this mean, but I just bought it for the $23. :D

after 1 year most games are usually going to be available for much cheaper...it's not limited to Epic Store exclusives...I just picked up Division 2 a few days ago for $2.99 :D

What exactly is the precedent ? That haters will buy the game once it hits steam? So that game companies have learned that they can collect 88% the first year and then 70% the second year? Sounds like a good deal to me.

They're also the first and probably suffered the worst. But they actually lowered the price on Epic, the rest still charge $60. The past few Metro games were also priced well and had good sales ($3 seems to be common). Seems like the eastern European devs tend to cut prices quicker. Japanese devs typically do a half done port and charge full price even if it comes to PC 1-2 years later.

At least the dlc isn't exclusive :) not that i'm getting any dlc, for me the game itself is just OK so far, i'm glad i didn't pay 60$ for it.

I bought this the other day from the Steam store. I am liking it so far, I'm the part where you need the guy to fix the train.

I just played through 2033 again, but the Redux version since I hadn't played it since it was pretty new still and am about to beat Last Light. So looking to buy Exodus somewhere now. I should have just bought it when it came to Steam for $23, but didn't. :(

Anyone know where I can get a code for it or seen it on sale anywhere? Preferably a bundle deal with the DLC. Might finally sign up for Game Pass just for it, but would like to have it on Steam. Looking forward to playing another RT game on my 2080!

I just played through 2033 again, but the Redux version since I hadn't played it since it was pretty new still and am about to beat Last Light. So looking to buy Exodus somewhere now. I should have just bought it when it came to Steam for $23, but didn't. :(

Anyone know where I can get a code for it or seen it on sale anywhere? Preferably a bundle deal with the DLC. Might finally sign up for Game Pass just for it, but would like to have it on Steam. Looking forward to playing another RT game on my 2080!
Just do Microsoft Game Pass for $5 for a month. It and a bunch of other titles are on that service. You can cancel after one month.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Just do Microsoft Game Pass for $5 for a month. It and a bunch of other titles are on that service. You can cancel after one month.

Yeah, might just do that.. I currently have a Live sub for my son.. wasn't there some deal where you could get game pass for PC with Live for only an extra $1/month more or something?

Yeah, might just do that.. I currently have a Live sub for my son.. wasn't there some deal where you could get game pass for PC with Live for only an extra $1/month more or something?
I think there were some deals early on. I don't console game right now so not sure. I do have the PC game pass. $5 a month standalone. I thought both console and PC pass together were $15 a month. Not sure why console is $10 compared to $5 for PC except on console they know you are locked in.

I've been trying to play this game on and off since I have Game Pass for PC. Honestly it just feels kind of tedious with the open-world design. I liked how much more linear and focused the originals were, I think it worked well for a game like this where resources are semi-scarse and it historically had a claustrophobic feel. Not sure the transition to open-world really did this game any favors.

I've been trying to play this game on and off since I have Game Pass for PC. Honestly it just feels kind of tedious with the open-world design. I liked how much more linear and focused the originals were, I think it worked well for a game like this where resources are semi-scarse and it historically had a claustrophobic feel. Not sure the transition to open-world really did this game any favors.
It's not really open world, most of the levels are still linear, the only choice you have is the order in which you do the 2 or 3 locations at each area.

I finished this the other day, I got the "sad/bad" ending. :( So I am going to replay it again so I can get the happy ending.

Some of this felt like a chore where it kept dragging on and on and on. Also, fuck that Forest level, I think that's what got me the the bad ending because I might've killed one of them instead of knocking them out.

It's not really open world, most of the levels are still linear, the only choice you have is the order in which you do the 2 or 3 locations at each area.

It isn't open world in that there are distinct maps that come in sequential order, but each map is open ended. Which strikes a great balance. The story is linear (which is good), but the gameplay offers enough choice. If you can choose between a few different tasks, or trekking back to the train rearm/change weapons, it isn't linear. Some parts give you more freedom than others of course.

I think they struck a great balance personally. Each portion of the map had a use but it didn't force you to run around aimlessly over and over again.

I finished this the other day, I got the "sad/bad" ending. :( So I am going to replay it again so I can get the happy ending.

Some of this felt like a chore where it kept dragging on and on and on. Also, fuck that Forest level, I think that's what got me the the bad ending because I might've killed one of them instead of knocking them out.
I got the bad ending as well, and I said fuck this game, it's a stupid arbitrary rule that you can only get the good ending with the pacifist approach. It was tedious enough for the first try, I was never going to play it again.

It isn't open world in that there are distinct maps that come in sequential order, but each map is open ended. Which strikes a great balance. The story is linear (which is good), but the gameplay offers enough choice. If you can choose between a few different tasks, or trekking back to the train rearm/change weapons, it isn't linear. Some parts give you more freedom than others of course.

I think they struck a great balance personally. Each portion of the map had a use but it didn't force you to run around aimlessly over and over again.
Well isn't that's what open world means that you can traverse the game world freely? Having some freedom of movement within maps doesn't make it open world any more than say DeusEx is an open world game.

I guess I just mean more open in general, i.e. not linear like the previous ones. Just the pace of the game feels like it hasn't changed, but they throw you in large areas with dozens of enemies and it doesn't feel right to me.

Back