Metro 2033 - 75% off ($12.50), keys can be registered on Steam

Take the order ID from that confirmation along with the password you used when ordering, go back to the THQ site, click the support link and look the order up. Your CD key will be there.

EDIT: Here is the link. Use those two pieces of data in the Quick Order Lookup.

The order confirmation email tells you how to get your key, through that findmyorder site it links you to.

Thanks guys. About an hour later I did just that and got the keys working with Steam. I appreciate the extra effort.

In for DoW2 and Chaos Rising. They sure don't process the keys quickly, do they... No email saying there is a purchase yet. Been spoiled, guess.

Edit: and the keys showed up. Both activated on steam just fine.

Last edited:
Ok I bit, Metro I'm holding my breath waiting on the key for me to play you :D

Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™
Company of Heroes® Gold Edition
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor
Originally $144.94
I paid $23.75 Total

Just got a brand new copy of Metro 2033 at Half Price Books last weekend for $14.95 so meh no big deal. Its cheaper then what they have it for with getting the actual game. This is my first time doing this digital crap. Never thought I would be a fan I prefer seeing what I own on a shelf.

Thanks OP, in for Metro, DoW2 + DoW2: Chaos. Steamed all three without a problem as well. Great offer, even sweeter with the steamer.

Well, I bit.. and WOW at the system requirements.
I had to drop it down to 1280x800, normal settings, DX10. And still I get a little input lag. Running at 2560x1600, high settings, dx11, the menus become unresponsive.

Well, I bit.. and WOW at the system requirements.
I had to drop it down to 1280x800, normal settings, DX10. And still I get a little input lag. Running at 2560x1600, high settings, dx11, the menus become unresponsive.

With a GTX 480? Really?

I can play it at 1920x1200 DX10 with High settings (Very High is a little too laggy at times, but for the most part it's actually okay) just fine.

They are charging an "extended download service" fee of $4.99

Is this safe to remove if downloading via Steam?

Zarathustra[H];1035964555 said:
They are charging an "extended download service" fee of $4.99

Is this safe to remove if downloading via Steam?
Yes. If you can register the game on Steam then you can download it from there as many times as you want.

With a GTX 480? Really?

I can play it at 1920x1200 DX10 with High settings (Very High is a little too laggy at times, but for the most part it's actually okay) just fine.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to optimize things, but I tried it at 2560x1600, and while it still loaded up and the game itself would play, there was an odd input lag. Dropping down to 1280x800 (second native resolution) and settings down to normal, most of that lag went away, however, a tiny bit of input lag remained. I think my framerate is good, it's just that when I move around, it doesn't feel very precise. Not like other fps games out there at least. Might be something to do with the game not liking my mouse. I'm running a Logitech G5 at 4000 dpi and 1000 Mhz polling rate.

He probably meant to say 1000hz and simply had a brain slip :p.

Lol.. yep.. 1000hz. So used to saying things in M or G. Damn.. 1Ghz polling would be interesting.. I think my USB port would explode, but imagine the response time!!

Got a copy and successfully registered on Steam. It was really hard to resist picking it up during the summer sale, glad I waited it out.

*sigh*

Now I am going to have to clear out some of the limited space on the SSD to install this game :p

I loled at the optimum system specs... "as much ram as possible" :p

Zarathustra[H];1035966790 said:
*sigh*

Now I am going to have to clear out some of the limited space on the SSD to install this game :p

I loled at the optimum system specs... "as much ram as possible" :p

Haha, I didn't see that :p ... no space clearing needed on my SSD ;)!

i just bought this, no sales tax for being in Oregon!

got the conf code, added to steam and am downloading now at 2.3MB/s!!!!

I have 600GB of games installed right now. Try fitting that onto an SSD :p.

They make an OCZ Collosus 1TB drive now. Of course it is 3k, but it still turns out to be cheaper per GB than most other mainstream SSDs.

Ended up biting on Dawn of War 2 now, also... waiting until tomorrow to play these games once my GTX 460 1GB Gigabyte cards come in, though... I don't think they'd be very enjoyable @ 2560x1600 on a 9800GT 512mb ;). Downloaded through Steam and ready :D.

I have 600GB of games installed right now. Try fitting that onto an SSD :p.

Wow, what the heck do you have installed? :eek: I'm honestly curious :).

I have Windows 7 HP 64-bit (with a zillion Windows Updates), Visual Studio 2008, Office 2007, 3dmark Vantage, Unigine Heaven, my pagefile, a bunch of developer apps totaling around 10gb, and around 4GB of random downloads/driver install files on my SSD, PLUS all of the following games:

Need For Speed Shift
Just Cause 2
Far Cry 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Street Fighter 4
Metro 2033
Grand Theft Auto 4
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (modded)
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (graphic-modded and lots of addons)
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2
Dragon Age Origins
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (MMO, 14gb)
Team Fortress 2
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
CounterStrike: Source
Alien Swarm
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta (yes, there is a beta and I am in it, that is all I am allowed to say ;))

ALL installed on my SSD, with 65gb left free. I also, of course, can still install lesser-played games on a normal hard drive in the same system, or any others that I want lightning-fast load times and no load stutters in on my SSD still :D.

Last edited:
So I can only activate Metro 2033 via Steam but not COH Gold Edition and Stalker, trying to sell them back now :(

In for Metro 2033. Considering Saints Row 2 for the co-op.

EDIT: I bit, I had a gift card to blow, and it looks like the performance issues issues for saints row 2 have been addressed in a patch. For $5, i'll take my chances, I've been looking for a new co-op adventure. I'll report back on how the game runs later.

Last edited:
Wow, what the heck do you have installed? :eek: I'm honestly curious :).
I have a 1TB drive dedicated to game installs, many of which are through Steam. Rather than typing out all the games I have installed, I'll just give you a screenshot:

I have a 1TB drive dedicated to game installs, many of which are through Steam. Rather than typing out all the games I have installed, I'll just give you a screenshot:

[*URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9808/gameso.jpg][*IMG]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9808/gameso.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wow... I hardly am able to keep up with the games I have installed at any given time as-is, and I thought I had too many :eek: . That's a lot of games...

Back