Metro 2033 - 75% off ($12.50), keys can be registered on Steam

yes Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising activated through steam just fine for me

DoW 2 uses Steam as it's DRM. Whether retail or straight from Steam, you will activate on Steam and it will appear in your library. I bought the original at retail and the expansion off Steam and it all works pretty flawlessly. Great games in general.

Very tempted to get Metro to test out my new 5850 but I still have so much to finish :(

Ordered, an hour later received my key, added it on steam and successfully downloaded on Steam.

Thanks OP. It took a little over an hour to get my key.

Is Saints Row 2 worth it on the PC? Looks like you can register it on Steam.

I have been having fun with Saint's Row 2 on the PC. Not as gritty or visually nice as GTA IV but more fun in its own way. Plus, you can do 2-player cooperative play with it.

It was kicking my 5870s ass, had to lower the AA and AF to 4x and everything else max, DX10. smooth after that

I only received my order confirmations but It's been almost 24 hours and no CD Key yet.

I bit on Metro 2033 even though I shouldn't have. I should also grab that expansion for Dawn Of War 2. Damn Metro 2033 for making me want a 2nd 5770... haha though what little I've played so far seems reasonably smooth on high at 1680 x 1050.

Thanks OP. It took a little over an hour to get my key.

Is Saints Row 2 worth it on the PC? Looks like you can register it on Steam.

No. Its a horrible, horrible port. Game is great, if you can get a stable frame rate.

I only received my order confirmations but It's been almost 24 hours and no CD Key yet.

Take the order ID from that confirmation along with the password you used when ordering, go back to the THQ site, click the support link and look the order up. Your CD key will be there.

EDIT: Here is the link. Use those two pieces of data in the Quick Order Lookup.

Got my key like 15 minutes after putting the order through. Picked up Tales of Valor to complete CoH and Metro. All worked through Steam.

got metro 2033, thanks OP

waiting for the email.
That will make 98 games on steam.
I know i have a problem, but those steam sales get me all the time:D:

After buying Metro 2033 I ended up also purchasing Saints Row 2 and both Dawn of War II titles just because I could officially register them with Steam. For four relatively new Steam games totaling at $32.50, I'm pretty psyched! :cool:

I freaking hate steam, maybe my fault.... but the keys they sent me do NOT freaking work (Supreme Commander / Forged). I did copy/paste... so it ain't a typo.

I freaking hate steam, maybe my fault.... but the keys they sent me do NOT freaking work (Supreme Commander / Forged). I did copy/paste... so it ain't a typo.

Supreme Commander 2 is a steam game, but the first two are not...

The first two are much better games too.

Yeah, way to not research the games first, guy.
I'd venture to guess the rest of your Steam hatred comes from ignorance? :D

Just an FYI, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC key does not work on Steam. But Metro worked just fine. :)

Ok, before anyone else feels the need to comment on my brain fart (or whatever else you want to call it), I did buy it from THQ. I plead temporary insanity, too many browser tabs open caused a temporal shift in the time/space continuum that my brain did not adjust to quickly enough.

/hides, steam still sucks

Good deal, I bit.

It took about 2 hours for THQ to send me my key. Worked fine on Steam.

For those who live in Canada (like me), just make up a US address for your billing address and it'll let you make the purchase.

Got Dawn of War 1/2, and supreme commander. Only dawn of war 2 activated on steam. :(

Oh, I guess the fact I can't buy it on steam would do it.

Last edited:
Back