LG 48CX

Did you put korean version on a non korean tv? it is possible to put eu tv that version, and where did you download it???

Yes, but now my TV tells me its hungry for cooked dog!

Search a few pages back in this thread, its in here somewhere.

Did you put korean version on a non korean tv? it is possible to put eu tv that version, and where did you download it???

It is not compatible with EU version. Wait for an official release and check your region's LG website as the firmware might be posted earlier there than it is available as an OTA update from the TV UI.

It is not compatible with EU version. Wait for an official release and check your region's LG website as the firmware might be posted earlier there than it is available as an OTA update from the TV UI.

Shouldn't the EU firmware have been released by Oct, 6th (yesterday/today)?

Just got 3.11.10 in the EU. 4k@120 looks better, but flickering now on desktop. 3840x2160 has black bars. Should I be using 4096? though that also has flickering.
This is on a 3090

A reboot seems to have fixed the flickering...but have to run in 4096 resolution.

Just got 3.11.10 in the EU. 4k@120 looks better, but flickering now on desktop. 3840x2160 has black bars. Should I be using 4096? though that also has flickering.
This is on a 3090

The firmware you want is 03.11.25. If it is not out yet then you will have issues with G-Sync etc.

Ah got it. Yeah conclusion is without gsync 4k@120 is good. Odd they would do an OTA update to 3.11.10 in the EU this morning

Why are you running non native rez at 4096? Why were you getting black bars at 3840x2160? Do you have scaling turned off in the nividia control panel?

• Display Resolution
  • 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160)

Yeah I believe I had some scaling turned on. Set it to 'no scaling' in the control panel and better at 3840 now.

So OT here. But wishing everyone well in such crazy times. This whole thread is filled with awesome people. Just remember that we're all out there. Been great getting help in here about this awesome unit. You guys rock.

Stay safe and healthy. We'll get through all this....

Canadian here who will finally get his new 48" CX tomorrow... This will replace a 55" LG OLED B7 which was too large (seating distance of 4') and does not support 120HZ and GSYNC.
I will wall mount it assuming it meets my expectation (uniformity, tinting, dead pixels, etc.).

Having secured a PS5, I only need to find a 3080 at MSRP to be ready for the cold winter... :unsure:

Dang UPS fooled me yet again. Got all prepped for my package today....but looks like it was delayed until tomorrow now. My desk is sad.

Attachments

• IMG_20201007_185147.jpg
    IMG_20201007_185147.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 0
03.11.25 pushed to EU now.
(still getting random black flashes, though rarely, and still looks like 4:2:2 with asus tuf oc 3080).
[edit: just in case, i tried changing from hdmi4 to hdmi1 on cx, noticed pc icon had reset, fixed it, everything works, 4k, 120 g-sync, 4:4:4 - no idea if hdmi4 has an issue, if randomly reconnecting to a different hdmi fixed it, or if it was the pc icon, but either way it works.]

Last edited:
The black flashes is your cable I would guess. Had the same. I tried 3...had to find a high quality and no longer than 2m (cable certified for 10k at 2m and below). I'm sure if you spend a lot you can go longer, but it seems hdmi2.1 is rather picky. At least with the 30xx.

What is interesting with my cable issues is it worked flawlessly at 4k@60 on a 2080 (hdmi 2.0). Then the same cable at 4k@60 as well on a 30xx and it would cut to black once in a while. Sometimes it would go away for a few hours and then come back. New cable is rock solid.

Last edited:
Yeah just put .26 on as well after manual download from the uk. Seems to fix all my issues with gsync from the looks of it. On 3090.

The black flashes is your cable I would guess. Had the same. I tried 3...had to find a high quality and no longer than 2m (cable certified for 10k at 2m and below). I'm sure if you spend a lot you can go longer, but it seems hdmi2.1 is rather picky. At least with the 30xx.

What is interesting with my cable issues is it worked flawlessly at 4k@60 on a 2080 (hdmi 2.0). Then the same cable at 4k@60 as well on a 30xx and it would cut to black once in a while. Sometimes it would go away for a few hours and then come back. New cable is rock solid.
I don't think any of the 2.1cables currently available are certified, they should have a hologram if they are

I don't think any of the 2.1cables currently available are certified, they should have a hologram if they are

8K TV's have been out for well over a year. Those HDMI 8K cables actually have been certified. You guys do know that 8K HDMI cables also support 4K@120hz right? You don't need to wait for HDMI 2.1 certification, you just need to shop for "8K HDMI" .... same exact difference.

I keep rolling my eyes at these "2.1 HDMI cables have not been certified" comments that I finally had to step in.

Again, just shop for 8K HDMI. Same difference.

I have a heavy duty over-engineered HDMI 2.0 cable from 2+ years ago ( 6' 28AWG Gold Plated HDMI 2.0 ) that carries a 4K@120hz flawlessly. I suspect it would also handle 8K@60hz as well.

Here is what I bought just recently. Pay close attention to the packaging. This is what you need to look for.

Attachments

• PXL_20200918_013743948.jpg
    PXL_20200918_013743948.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 0
8K TV's have been out for well over a year. Those HDMI 8K cables actually have been certified. You guys do know that 8K HDMI cables also support 4K@120hz right? You don't need to wait for HDMI 2.1 certification, you just need to shop for "8K HDMI" .... same exact difference.

I keep rolling my eyes at these "2.1 HDMI cables have not been certified" comments that I finally had to step in.

Again, just shop for 8K HDMI. Same difference.

I have a heavy duty over-engineered HDMI 2.0 cable from 2+ years ago ( 6' 28AWG Gold Plated HDMI 2.0 ) that carries a 4K@120hz flawlessly. I suspect it would also handle 8K@60hz as well.

Here is what I bought just recently. Pay close attention to the packaging. This is what you need to look for.

Doesn't change that many of them don't work at the advertised speeds. Especially longer than 2m. Just shopping for 8k doesn't help if they don't work at 4k@120. I had to shop for a 10k cable at 2m. That was after trying 3 other '8k' cables with all bells and whistles in their spec.

Last edited:
Doesn't change that many of them don't work at the advertised speeds. Especially longer than 2m. Just shopping for 8k doesn't help if they don't work at 4k@120. I had to shop for a 10k cable at 2m.

You guys just need to go to Best Buy or Microcenter. The Magnolia High-End Audio Visual Room at Best Buy has I think 2 8K TV's on display. Our Microcenter has an 8K set on display using the same exact 6' cable I just pictured. If you read the Amazon / Best Buy reviews for these 8K tv's ... NO ONE is complaining at all about their cables not working, black screens, etc. The 8K cables on the market are actually certified to work.

There is nothing actually special about HDMI 2.1. It comes down to quality of build materials, shielding, transmission materials ( 8K signal ) and signal degradation ( length the signal travels ) in order for the 4K@120hz single to display correctly.

I'm seeing a lot of guys mention sketchy weird possibly cheap fly by night Chinese branded "HDMI 2.1" cables. Some of these companies are praying on new consumers looking for HDMI 2.1 branded cables. All I am saying is, look for 8K cables guys. All 8K TV's on the market have the ( purposely built in ability to drop down to 4K ) The Samsung 8k TV's from 2019 can do 8K@60hz and or 4K@120hz. The 8K cables on the market have been certified to carry these signals.

It's not nessasarty to have "HDMI 2.1 branding" but of course, it wouldn't hurt.

I just did a Google search for "8K HDMI" and several solutions popped up. I even looked at some reviews and they all seem solid.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ultra-High-Speed-Cable/dp/B07WNM2NJ5/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1JP67UH7AD6NA&dchild=1&keywords=8k+hdmi+cable&qid=1602165220&sprefix=8K+,aps,210&sr=8-10

This is the cable I am using -

https://www.microcenter.com/product/620844/inland-hdmi-male-to-hdmi-male-8k-video-cable-6-ft---black

My friend has the Monoprice and I have the Inland, we both have RTX 3090's and 4K@120hz native displays and our / these cables work flawlessly. Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Canadian brothers, amazon.ca has listed the 48" in the size options. It says 'currently unavailable', but they didn't even have the 48" as an option a few days ago.
Might be a good sign I don't know...

Fingers crossed

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Doesn't change that many of them don't work at the advertised speeds. Especially longer than 2m. Just shopping for 8k doesn't help if they don't work at 4k@120. I had to shop for a 10k cable at 2m. That was after trying 3 other '8k' cables with all bells and whistles in their spec.

Yes the one domenic replied with originally is a fiber hdmi 2.1 cable rated for 48Gbps 4k 120hz. Theoretically they should work fully and be able to do much longer runs of 25' , 50', 100' but they are very expensive.

Got my 3080 today. Zero issues with latest C9 engineer firmware + NV hotfix-driver. Using a 2m cable from a german manufactur (UltraHDTV).

How bad is the screen burn issue on the 48" CX?
I want to get one primarily as a PC gaming display, but don't know if it will be worth it for me.

I already have the very expensive LG 38GL950G monitor and love this display! It's quality is very good and it's exceptional fr competitive games due to it's blistering speed.

But I was thinking of getting the 48" CX mainly for my single player games because of the edge on picture quality and perfect blacks compared to the LG 38GL950G monitor I have, I would still use the LG38" for my competitive games like PUBG etc and the 48" CX for all my single player games.

Just wondering if it will be worth it though and how bad the screen burn in will be?

So far I seen none with 12 hours a day of either writing software or playing World of Warcraft.
I second this, have probably 80 plus hours of World of Warcraft on mine if not more with no issues. Also a bunch of Diablo 3. Even leave the quest text on the right with no issues.

I want to get one primarily as a PC gaming display, but don't know if it will be worth it for me.

I already have the very expensive LG 38GL950G monitor and love this display! It's quality is very good and it's exceptional fr competitive games due to it's blistering speed.

But I was thinking of getting the 48" CX mainly for my single player games because of the edge on picture quality and perfect blacks compared to the LG 38GL950G monitor I have, I would still use the LG38" for my competitive games like PUBG etc and the 48" CX for all my single player games.

Just wondering if it will be worth it though and how bad the screen burn in will be?

Someone would have to literally try to have burned in a 48CX at this point with them only being out a few months. This is a question for 2+ years from now. I have 1059 hours power on time on mine (yay WFH), no burn-in.

I'm using a 15ft random HDMI cable and it's worked flawless @ 4K/120hz the past week.

It's a long term thing and is inevitable. OLED pixels simply have a limited life span. However if you use it in a dark room with low brightness (as you should, that's where OLED shines) it should take years for any burn-in to become noticeable with varied content.

Last edited:

I HIGHLY recommend buying the TV from Best Buy along with their protection plan because it covers screen burn in.

I purchased a C7 LG OLED three years ago with the warranty and it indeed burned. Best Buy replaced the C7 with a brand new CX. Well worth it in my opinion.

Back