• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG 48CX

There is still some question whether the PCB design and RF noise is a problem on the 3000 series as opposed to some manufacturer's cheaping out on the capacitor array being the only problem.... (and driver workaround and clocking trying to cover up for it). If it is a bigger problem than just the capacitors, it's possible models with a pcb revision could happen eventually (maybe 2021?). However since the asus cards did not cheap out on the capacitor array and as far as I know they didn't exhibit any issues at higher clocks, that sounds encouraging for later released premium tier cards like the one I'm interested in from gigabyte.

So it might not be a bad thing if you weren't able to get the first round of default 3080s, especially if they weren't asus. I don't know about the first 3090 models either but it seems the first round of 3000 cards sold were all reference.
 
There is still some question whether the PCB design and RF noise is a problem on the 3000 series as opposed to some manufacturer's cheaping out on the capacitor array being the only problem....
The other capacitors being cheap is bad information started by talking heads on youtube. There are pros and cons to each capacitor and cheapness isn't one of them.
 
Ok, cheap or not - the talk was that they chose a cap configuration that asus did not, and afaik the asus cards didn't exhibit any issues at higher clocks while the other manufacturer's cap configuration on their cards did. Either that or there is an issue on all of the reference cards that requires a slight downclock via the updated driver?

Another quote from that thread:
"
If you'd listened to the video, he said it made around +40MHz OC stable by replacing TWO full SP-CAP with TWO arrays (that's 20) of MLCC's. This is around what every generation previous also had with cap-modding, so nothing exclusive to the 30 series, nor indicative of any particular issue that would result in any crashing, especially at stock, like people have reported. Removing two SP-CAPs (not POSCAPs...) resulted in a loss of ~60MHz of headroom, so his +70 core OC was no longer stable. Then adding TWO arrays (not one) of MLCCs brought it up to a +100 core OC being stable, while 120 still crashed. So comparing 6x SP-CAP to 4x SP-CAP 2x MLCC he got a whopping +30 MHz OC with MLCC over SP-CAPs.

Undoubtedly the problem was the aggressive brief boost to 2070MHz+ that made the crashes, as he outlines in the video. The driver was supposed to fix this, and it seems it has for a lot of people.

but still the higher clock was not stable. It's not that outlandish to assume that some (not all) models that have a factory-OC AND 6 POSCAPs/ SPCAPs are prone to not being stable.

The new driver is effectivly a minimal downclock to bring those cards under the threshold where they would crash.

So again I'm wondering how the non-reference premium cards (with premium default clocks) will operate, and what the limits are between drivers, factory overclocked models, and manually overclocking (non-reference 3090 models in my case, specifically).
 
Ok, cheap or not - the talk was that they chose a cap configuration that asus did not, and afaik the asus cards didn't exhibit any issues at higher clocks while the other manufacturer's cap configuration on their cards did. Either that or there is an issue on all of the reference cards that requires a slight downclock via the updated driver?
Tests on Linux did not reproduce these issues, making it a driver problem. So we sit and wait :/
 
  • Like
Reactions: elvn
like this
If it is a card driver issue then we know nvidia will fix it eventually. If its a tv issue then it could be longer.
 
I'm going to assume driver related issues with Ampere since it seems like TV's connected to Turing cards cannot replicate this behavior. If it was TV related then surely it would've affected all cards and not just Ampere? I'm still rocking a 2080 Ti because I haven't been able to get my hands on Ampere and have had no stuttering issues. Also, what bot programs have you guys been using to snag your cards. Try as I may I've had zero luck for over 2 weeks now LOL :LOL: :(
 
I didn't mean to confuse the issue. Someone was complaining about not being able to get their hands on a 3080 or 3090 in order to utilize their LG CX fully and so I said they might be better off having not been able to find a reference card in stock since there was talk of a capacitor (or other PCB/design) issue that made the reference cards crash at high clocks. There was apparently a driver update that did a slight downclock.. well, that capped the cards slightly lower to avoid the crash ceiling. I have concerns regarding whether the premium tier cards with factory overclocks and also manual overclocking of premium tier cards would be affected by the card's design and/or by driver workaround limitations.

This is separate nvidia issue from the reported 3000 series stuttering at high FPS-Hz on the LG CX.
 
If you guys can, you should test out your Ampere cards on a seperate Gsync or Freesync/Gsync compatible display and see if you get the same problem there. Might help in narrowing down whether or not it is indeed a driver issue.
 
If you guys can, you should test out your Ampere cards on a seperate Gsync or Freesync/Gsync compatible display and see if you get the same problem there. Might help in narrowing down whether or not it is indeed a driver issue.

Would be nice if somebody with an Acer X27 could chime in. I regret selling mine now.
 
I'm going to assume driver related issues with Ampere since it seems like TV's connected to Turing cards cannot replicate this behavior. If it was TV related then surely it would've affected all cards and not just Ampere? I'm still rocking a 2080 Ti because I haven't been able to get my hands on Ampere and have had no stuttering issues. Also, what bot programs have you guys been using to snag your cards. Try as I may I've had zero luck for over 2 weeks now LOL :LOL: :(

I paid the scalper tax twice. Traded my 2080ti FE + Cash for a 3080 Ventus, then a week later traded the 3080 Ventus + Cash for a 3090.

I could have saved some money and waited till next year, but at the rate things are going we will be playing Fallout 5 "Real Life" sooner than later.....soooooo shame on me.... Can't......Can't get fooled again!

1601940998288.png
 
I paid the scalper tax twice. Traded my 2080ti FE + Cash for a 3080 Ventus, then a week later traded the 3080 Ventus + Cash for a 3090.

I could have saved some money and waited till next year, but at the rate things are going we will be playing Fallout 5 "Real Life" sooner than later.....soooooo shame on me.... Can't......Can't get fooled again!

View attachment 285907

Congrats!
 
Do you have a LG C9 or know someone that does? Just a quick update to this thread as some of you have the LG C9. I received a call today from LG asking me if I would like to enter into their public test for the beta software / firmware fix to address the compatibility issues with the LG C9 and the nVidia RTX 3xxx series cards. I of course said yes. The firmware cannot be rolled back and will be updated in the bear future. He asked for my wired MAC address on my LG C9 and I gave it to him. He said I will get the update within 5 days. So, pretty excited about that.

Several LG C9 owners received the same call and or was added to the public software test thru chat help.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/20...aming-thread-consoles-and-pc.3123168/page-125
 
Got my 3080 yesterday, and can only conclude what is already known; 4:2:2 displayed even though the gpu can send 4k/120/rgb/10bit signal.
Works well enough for now with instant game response off and vsync i guess - still beats the previous 4:2:0.
 
1601959666190.png


^^^^^^SWEEET BABY JEEBUS THIS WORKS FOR MY CX!!!


Got my 3080 yesterday, and can only conclude what is already known; 4:2:2 displayed even though the gpu can send 4k/120/rgb/10bit signal.
Works well enough for now with instant game response off and vsync i guess - still beats the previous 4:2:0.

Download the Korean Firmware..... Full RGB 10bit 4k120 is now working!
 
EDIT: Cancel this, I got beaten to the news! ^^^^^^^

People with 30series over on Overclock.net are reporting they read somewhere on avsforum that if you ENABLE Gsync, DISABLE GSYNC on the TV specifically (uncheck "Enable settings for the selected display model"), and ENABLE VRR in the Windows display settings...the supposed 30series HDMI 2.1 VRR frame pacing issues are fixed. I don't have a 30 series to confirm/deny.
 
Got my 3080 yesterday, and can only conclude what is already known; 4:2:2 displayed even though the gpu can send 4k/120/rgb/10bit signal.
Works well enough for now with instant game response off and vsync i guess - still beats the previous 4:2:0.
Does the screen not go black occasionally with 444/RGB? What cable do you have I can't see any that are actually certified
 
EDIT: Cancel this, I got beaten to the news! ^^^^^^^

People with 30series over on Overclock.net are reporting they read somewhere on avsforum that if you ENABLE Gsync, DISABLE GSYNC on the TV specifically (uncheck "Enable settings for the selected display model"), and ENABLE VRR in the Windows display settings...the supposed 30series HDMI 2.1 VRR frame pacing issues are fixed. I don't have a 30 series to confirm/deny.

I've been going nuts trying to solve this issue but lemme give this a try and report back.
 
i have another weird issue since getting the 3080, if i start my pc before turning the cx on i just get no signal

my friend said his cx got an update yesterday so they are rolling the firmware out to uk users, pretty annoying since he's still waiting for his 3080
 
Does somebody have a picture of a CX from the bottom - without the stand mounted?

I need to build a custom "stand", but I can't find any useful pictures..
 
Did you put korean version on a non korean tv? it is possible to put eu tv that version, and where did you download it???

Yes, but now my TV tells me its hungry for cooked dog!

Search a few pages back in this thread, its in here somewhere.
 
Did you put korean version on a non korean tv? it is possible to put eu tv that version, and where did you download it???

It is not compatible with EU version. Wait for an official release and check your region's LG website as the firmware might be posted earlier there than it is available as an OTA update from the TV UI.
 
It is not compatible with EU version. Wait for an official release and check your region's LG website as the firmware might be posted earlier there than it is available as an OTA update from the TV UI.

Shouldn't the EU firmware have been released by Oct, 6th (yesterday/today)?
 
Just got 3.11.10 in the EU. 4k@120 looks better, but flickering now on desktop. 3840x2160 has black bars. Should I be using 4096? though that also has flickering.
This is on a 3090
 
A reboot seems to have fixed the flickering...but have to run in 4096 resolution.
 
Just got 3.11.10 in the EU. 4k@120 looks better, but flickering now on desktop. 3840x2160 has black bars. Should I be using 4096? though that also has flickering.
This is on a 3090

The firmware you want is 03.11.25. If it is not out yet then you will have issues with G-Sync etc.
 
Ah got it. Yeah conclusion is without gsync 4k@120 is good. Odd they would do an OTA update to 3.11.10 in the EU this morning
 
Why are you running non native rez at 4096? Why were you getting black bars at 3840x2160? Do you have scaling turned off in the nividia control panel?


  • Display Resolution
  • 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160)
 
Yeah I believe I had some scaling turned on. Set it to 'no scaling' in the control panel and better at 3840 now.
 
So OT here. But wishing everyone well in such crazy times. This whole thread is filled with awesome people. Just remember that we're all out there. Been great getting help in here about this awesome unit. You guys rock.

Stay safe and healthy. We'll get through all this....
 
Back
Top