• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG 48CX

Is there a difference between the models OLED48CXAUB at Costco and the OLED48CXPUB at Amazon? As far as I can tell the specs are the same, but was not sure if something was removed for the AUB model. Costco is giving 3 additional years warranty (squaretrade) for free on top of the normal 2 for the same price of $1450.

Not sure about CX's, but I think on the Costco versions of previous LG OLEDs they didn't support some wireless speaker protocol no one uses.
 
im kinda looking at getting one of these cx 48s, but im running into one potential issue with my setup. has anyone used some kind of adapter plate to mount this to a 400x400 wall mount?
 
I'm noticing 2 things.

The first is that the VRR black level or whatever bug is a once you see it can't unsee thing. Anytime you move the entire screens brightness subtly lifts. After you notice, it's super annoying.

Secondly there is definitely something wrong with either the firmware or NV driver when it comes to Gsync. There is some really bad frame pacing/stutter and general lack of smoothness at high refresh rate but oddly it's not present in every game. Dirt 2.0 for me is a choppy mess even though I'm at a capped 117FPS.

I'm on the chroma fix firmware and latest hotfix driver.

EDIT: Spelling
 
Last edited:
im kinda looking at getting one of these cx 48s, but im running into one potential issue with my setup. has anyone used some kind of adapter plate to mount this to a 400x400 wall mount?

I use this one for 75x75, 100x100, 200x200 for my 43" samsung tvs on ergotron LX HD arms.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079SF6XG9/

This one might work for you though, or just search vesa 400 plate.
https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Plus-Adapter-Plate-Mounts/dp/B014M4IT0M/
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
im kinda looking at getting one of these cx 48s, but im running into one potential issue with my setup. has anyone used some kind of adapter plate to mount this to a 400x400 wall mount?

Adapter plates should be fine. I have mine mounted on a 100x100 -> 300x200 adapter on a monitor arm so going from larger mount to smaller will be no issue.
 
I'm noticing 2 things.

The first is that the VRR black level or whatever bug is a once you see it can't unsee thing. Anytime you move the entire screens brightness subtly lifts. After you notice, it's super annoying.

Secondly there is definitely something wrong with either the firmware or NV driver when it comes to Gsync. There is some really bad frame pacing/stutter and general lack of smoothness at high refresh rate but oddly it's not present in every game. Dirt 2.0 for me is a choppy need even though I'm called at 117FPS.

I'm on the chroma fix firmware and latest hotfix driver.

Damn, so we're not there yet...
 
I got impatient waiting for an EU firmware update to 03.11.25 so I set my TV to engineer mode and this allowed me to download the update.
To do this you need the service remote or Android phone with IR blaster (I used an old Samsung Galaxy S4) and LG Service Remote Control app (costs a few bucks).

DISCLAIMER: MESSING WITH THE SERVICE MENU CAN MESS UP YOUR TV. So be careful. Avoid the IN STOP menu as that seems likely to cause issues if you change things there.
  1. Open IN START menu.
  2. Insert passcode 0413.
  3. Go to "5. System 2" menu.
  4. Set mode from "User" to "Engineering".
  5. Exit service menu.
  6. Restart TV.
  7. Look for updates and after a few tries it should find the new version. Update to 03.11.25.
  8. Restart TV.
  9. Go to service menu again and set mode back to "User".
  10. Restart TV.

I am now running 03.11.25 firmware and with 2080 Ti + Club3D Adapter I can confirm that 4K 120 Hz 10-bit HDR works without chroma subsampling issues!

VRR does not work with the adapter yet but I hope Club3D can make that happen as it's the final thing for pretty much achieving feature parity in this regard with the Nvidia 30 series GPUs.

I also tested 3840x1600 120 Hz custom resolution and it still works for me just fine.
 
3090 and 48CX still borked it looks like. Good thing I didn't cave into the scalpers.
 
I have been going out of my mind lately trying to find a known working HDMI 2.1 cable for the LG CX & nextgen sources like the RTX 30 series so I created the below thread / database over on AVS.

If you are a CX owner & have an RTX 30 series card PLEASE head over and document your working cable.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/kn...-lg-cx-gx-nextgen-2-1-sources-thread.3169380/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088T32WTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been working like a charm. COD:MW, No Mans Sky, World of Warcraft, and Horizon Zero Dawn all work flawlessly with Gsync on.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm noticing 2 things.

The first is that the VRR black level or whatever bug is a once you see it can't unsee thing. Anytime you move the entire screens brightness subtly lifts. After you notice, it's super annoying.

Secondly there is definitely something wrong with either the firmware or NV driver when it comes to Gsync. There is some really bad frame pacing/stutter and general lack of smoothness at high refresh rate but oddly it's not present in every game. Dirt 2.0 for me is a choppy need even though I'm called at 117FPS.

I'm on the chroma fix firmware and latest hotfix driver.

Yep its a shitshow....I noticed it on my 3080 Ventus and now 3090 FE.
I wonder if Nvidia & LG are ever going to fix this shit.

Tacos & Brackle....there is something wrong with your eyes!
Its like a minor craptastic microstutter effect with gsync on....perhaps
if your not sensitive to SLI miscrostutter your not sensitive to this I dont know
but its def a thing....a thing that fucking sucks.
 
So we have two users who report stuttering and two with full smoothness galore. A new mystery unfolds. How exciting! I just hope Horizon is good for me. Probably a driver thing if it's only happening in certain games.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep its a shitshow....I noticed it on my 3080 Ventus and now 3090 FE.
I wonder if Nvidia & LG are ever going to fix this shit.

Tacos & Brackle....there is something wrong with your eyes!
Its like a minor craptastic microstutter effect with gsync on....perhaps
if your not sensitive to SLI miscrostutter your not sensitive to this I dont know
but its def a thing....a thing that fucking sucks.

Naw nothing wrong with my eyes. It is as smooth as my Dell S2716DG G-sync monitor. Trust me, I for one absolutely hate stutter or chunkiness and I can tell right away if there is an issue. The new firmware has been top notch for me.

Now before the firmware update and gsync off the CX, it w as terrible laugh. Once you VRR/Gsync you can never go back to using a non VRR/Gsync monitor or TV.

Just my 0.02c
 
Multiple users reporting Ampere plus new 48CX firmware reporting stuttering with G-Sync on. IMO there most likely is a big problem.
 
Naw nothing wrong with my eyes. It is as smooth as my Dell S2716DG G-sync monitor. Trust me, I for one absolutely hate stutter or chunkiness and I can tell right away if there is an issue. The new firmware has been top notch for me.

Now before the firmware update and gsync off the CX, it w as terrible laugh. Once you VRR/Gsync you can never go back to using a non VRR/Gsync monitor or TV.

Just my 0.02c

Gsync / VRR was brilliant with my 2080ti on the Alienware 55 and this 48CX.

3080 Ventus and 3090 FE has stutters which are annoying as fuck.

Problem is completely gone once gsync is disabled and I run 119fps capped vsync.
 
I want to replace my Alienware 34” with this however I keep stopping before I pull the trigger due to being scared about burn in and these little issues you guys are going through. Last night I was readying most people were saying the new firmware and driver fixed everything however now maybe it isn’t.
 
The stutter with Gsync is definitely there. You can easily test by just turning it off.

I dunno if stutter is the correct word but it's more like you're at 117FPS but smoothness is comparable to 60FPS with random frame pacing.

I'm going to do some more investigation to see if maybe it's the games launching at full screen at some odd refresh rate or something. Also some user on reddit mentioned it's smooth below 96hz. Going to see if capping FPS below that resolves the smoothness issue.

As for the VRR gamma bug, it's pretty disappointing because I never really "noticed" it but now that I have it's really difficult to ignore. It's super obvious in dark games and I'd argue 90% of people wouldn't even notice it in most gaming circumstances but like I said once you're aware of what to look for it's visible everywhere (like overshoot with a monitor that has too aggressive an overdrive setting).
 
Last edited:
Gsync / VRR was brilliant with my 2080ti on the Alienware 55 and this 48CX.

3080 Ventus and 3090 FE has stutters which are annoying as fuck.

Problem is completely gone once gsync is disabled and I run 119fps capped vsync.
Well one thing I do is cap my fps at 119 with rivatuner. Always cap my fps, and I always turn off vsync. Really sorry to hear you are having issues.
 
Yep its a shitshow....I noticed it on my 3080 Ventus and now 3090 FE.
I wonder if Nvidia & LG are ever going to fix this shit.

Tacos & Brackle....there is something wrong with your eyes!
Its like a minor craptastic microstutter effect with gsync on....perhaps
if your not sensitive to SLI miscrostutter your not sensitive to this I dont know
but its def a thing....a thing that fucking sucks.
I don't have BF5 or the new COD to test on my setup. Are you seeing these issues in anything else?
 
Well one thing I do is cap my fps at 119 with rivatuner. Always cap my fps, and I always turn off vsync. Really sorry to hear you are having issues.

Your not really running proper gsync then matey. With vsync OFF, Gsync on and FPS capped @ 119 you still get screen tearing.

You gotta run Gsync ON, Vsync ON and FPS capped @ 118 or 119 for proper smooth tear free gaming.

Currently Gsync OFF, Vsync ON and FPS capped at 119 is much smoother / better. Try it.
 
Adapter plates should be fine. I have mine mounted on a 100x100 -> 300x200 adapter on a monitor arm so going from larger mount to smaller will be no issue.

nice. i was under the impression that those plates were to adapt a larger tv to a smaller mount, not the other way around.

though i suppose in hindsight, it should work in either direction. i just have a curved tv so its got big standoffs on it. for some reason i was thinking those standoffs would have to be used with the new tv too.
 
Any recommendations for a (flat-ish) height adjustable wall-mount with a swing arm (90 deg)? That way I could use the CX for double duty as a PC/gaming monitor on my desk and for watching TV on the dining table.. but I'd need it to have a gas lift or something..
 
Any recommendations for a (flat-ish) height adjustable wall-mount with a swing arm (90 deg)? That way I could use the CX for double duty as a PC/gaming monitor on my desk and for watching TV on the dining table.. but I'd need it to have a gas lift or something..
https://vivo-us.com/collections/tv-new-collection/products/mount-vw03g

ive been using one of these for years now. stupid easy to move the tv around when i need to work behind it.

and according to the manufacturers response on amazon, this one will actually accept the native 300x200 mounting dimensions

https://vivo-us.com/collections/tv-new-collection/products/mount-g400b
 
So messed with custom res with my AMD 5700xt today. It actually has a 3840x1620 as a built in option non custom. Also tried 3840x1600 both at 120hz all worked fine. Booted up a few games and it just works. F14FFE73-8FF0-44B3-921C-162CED707535.jpeg7A312E21-E6AE-420A-853F-D71B0A08374D.jpegF8CFEB55-8E3F-4191-ADA7-828C029B5956.jpeg2475A398-5D42-4DD9-A40A-6EDA6FC57E9E.jpeg68B871A9-062C-49FE-A993-6C972AC62D60.jpeg
 
If your frame rate graph never drops near or below 40fps and you cap it at around 117fps... v-sync should never activate. That would mean either monitoring your framerate and dialing your setting in until your entire frame rate graph throughout that game's gameplay never goes near 40fps and lower for a particular game, or playing games with a high enough frame rate that would never drop that low to begin with.

I'm not saying that going outside of the VRR range of the TV is what is causing the reports of LG CX g-sync/VRR stutter, but similar stories were also reported when free-sync displays with limited ranges first showed up and people were running frame rate graphs that spilled outside of the margins.

Of course you should be able to use v-sync and paint outside of the lines but when you do it would revert to v-sync and input lag. That should do so cleanly but perhaps that is causing stutter issues on the LG CX (or off of a 3000 series gpu anyway) like the early free-sync monitors had.

I'd be interested to hear if people were running the same frame rate ranges and if they were within the margins of 40 to sub 120 fps/Hz or not when they experience stutter or don't experience stutter. I'm also recalling how people often say that OLED's extremly fast response time lacks the sloppiness of LCD rates and trasitions so any issues with going outside of the VRR range could be being made much more obvious.
 
Currently Gsync OFF, Vsync ON and FPS capped at 119 is much smoother / better. Try it.
Capping fps below the refresh rate with Vsync on will result in the fps being halved. Unless your TV is running at 119 Hz instead of 120 Hz and the game runs at a locked 119 fps. In which case any frame drops below 119 fps will result in fps being halved with Vsync on.
 
Capping fps below the refresh rate with Vsync on will result in the fps being halved. Unless your TV is running at 119 Hz instead of 120 Hz and the game runs at a locked 119 fps. In which case any frame drops below 119 fps will result in fps being halved with Vsync on.

Not with triple buffering which 99% of games seem to have enabled by default these days.
 
Capping fps below the refresh rate with Vsync on will result in the fps being halved. Unless your TV is running at 119 Hz instead of 120 Hz and the game runs at a locked 119 fps. In which case any frame drops below 119 fps will result in fps being halved with Vsync on.

That's definitely not what happens with G-Sync and V-Sync on in NVCP.
 
Sorry if this has been answered...

Is there a way to alter when the TV will automatically turn off after no use? I looked in power saving, but I think that just adjusts the brightness of the screen?

Mine are powering down a bit too quickly for me. I'd like to have them stay on for 30 minutes, which is what I have it set to in my PC's power options.
 
I want to replace my Alienware 34” with this however I keep stopping before I pull the trigger due to being scared about burn in and these little issues you guys are going through. Last night I was readying most people were saying the new firmware and driver fixed everything however now maybe it isn’t.
I replaced my Alineware 34" with this and could not be happier. I am using a 2080Ti since I cannot find a 3080 or 3090 so I am not taking advantage of some features, but it is a great display.
 
I replaced my Alineware 34" with this and could not be happier. I am using a 2080Ti since I cannot find a 3080 or 3090 so I am not taking advantage of some features, but it is a great display.

Thanks for the reply. I’m in the same boat. I sold my Titan XP and couldn’t get a 3080 or 3090. Bought a EVGA 2080 Super Ultra FTW3 and jumped on the step up program. Looking to upgrade my display and was very interested in this screen.
 
i got a replacement 3080 and i get very occasional black screens wondering if this could be the CX firmware (VRR is off, still on 3.10.44) or ongoing issues with 30xx cards, i havnt seen it happen outside of games yet. i got the CAC-1371 cable, not much choice otherwise
 
Back
Top