qiaowenqian
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 10, 2009
- Messages
- 500
I don't hate egg. But to be honest, amazon's return policy is better than egg's. I am from NJ, so I also pay 7% tax which sometimes is a dealbreaker.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
to condemn the 'egg for common business practices is a bit over the top imo and hardly qualifies as a "nightmare"...
Having to pay shipping back is understandable, but paying a restocking fee on a basically DoA item is "common business practice?" I call BS.
An item being bad isn't their fault but it's not the consumer's fault either. They can send it back to the manufacturer for full credit.
You shop at a particular store/shop for the customer experience, not to pay around 30% of the cost for a DoA product you don't even get to keep. By your standards I should have paid $15.85 for a dead hard drive. I don't think so. If I bought the HD from Microcenter I'd only be out the cost of gas to and from the store, so about $2.00.
I've spent thousands of dollars over the years at Newegg and never had a problem, but it only takes one bad experience to lose a customer.
Well, newegg has no way of knowing that it was not you who rendered the HDD not working ... that said, why were you returning for refund, instead of exchange? I had to return HDDs to newegg on a couple of occasions (for exchange) and had no problems doing so.
Newegg just *doubled* the price of the Zonet ZEW2500P wireless adapter.
Actually I got it before the price increaseThat'll teach you to pass up a good deal.
Question 2.. just wow... gotta love going publicly tradedPlease help us improve Newegg.com
Just answer 3 quick questions, your answer on the first question determines the other two.
1. Do you think you will make a purchase today?
Yes | No | Undecided
2. Which of these products (if any) would you like to see added to Newegg's selection?
Sporting Goods | Aftermarket Automotive | Home Improvement | Apparel
3. How likely is it that you would recommend Newegg to a friend or colleague?
Not Likely | Neutral | Extremely Likely
4. What would prevent you from purchasing today?
Too Expensive | Limited Selection | Difficulty with Site | Just Browsing | Not enough information | Shipping Time or Cost
Also, Newegg barely has free shipping these days. And if an item's price falls $5, its shipping cost rises $5. They think we're stupid or something.
I agree. The new NZXT Phantom case is $139, But they charge $25 shipping, While the Coolermaster HAF-X is shipped free & weighs more than the Phantom, Go figure.![]()
Newegg's system sometimes doesn't notify of shipment. There were a few times over the years that I'd buy something, never be notified of shipment, and get my order a few days later. Kind of goofy, but that's probably what's happening with you.
.
I get that all the time. Though usually when I do get the shipping notice it's the day it's scheduled for delivery.
Yeah, it is almost as bad as a bookstore selling motor oil.Got this poll while browsing NewEgg today...
Question 2.. just wow... gotta love going publicly traded![]()
.Newegg is great for finding stuff. IMHO, there is no consumer retail website that is easier to navigate and find product on than newegg. Once I've found a product on newegg that suits my needs, I will usually get it off Amazon if they have it.
For me newegg is the best for hot items (commonly bought cpu's/boards/ram) because they are usually lower priced with free shipping but for odd items they usually are 2 or 3 times as much as other stores such as an uncommon case fans of a small size or stuff that people normally don't buy.